Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Lo Que La Vida Me Robo, capitulo 165. 07/01/14.


Skipping the old and into the new....


No Balls Pedro pays a friendly visit to our resident loca, Maria. He tells the guards to leave, but she loudly pleads for them to stay. Pedro menacingly tells Maria that nothing will happen to her. He just wants to have a chin-wag. The guard informs Pedro that he has orders not to leave Maria alone but Pedro pulls rank and says he's the governor. Are you going to disobey me? The guard finally agrees but will keep watch. He turns to Maria and informs her that her days are numbered. Maria, who has more balls then Pedro, throws it back to his face that HIS days are numbered. When you are thrown in prison, I promise to visit you so I can laugh in your face. You can't hurt me. As you can see, JL made sure that I am carefully watched. Pedro says he's not afraid of her threats. He will find a way to do away with her. So make sure you be careful what comes out of your mouth. Because this time, I will not contract your death out. I will do it myself.

Esme is lovingly holding little Angel. She tells Zulema that she wants to be the best mother in the world. The nurse comes in to get the baby. Esme fills Zulema on Monica's visit. She said nothing happened between her and Refugio. At the last minute, he realized his mistake and put a kabosh on it. Zulema still thinks he is not trustworthy if he will be hanging around Monica all day long at work. Esme breaks the news that Monica is dead. Zulema feels bad that she was speaking ill of the dead. Esme says Refugio came to her last night and was heartbroken. He feels responsible. Zulema wonders if perhaps he really did have feelings for her. Esme says they worked for years together, he has to feel something. Zulema asks if she is going to forgive Refugio. No, replies Esme. The problem wasn't Monica but Refugio himself. He's looking for something that I can't give him.

Amelia shares the news with Vic and Nadia about the birth of little Angel. Nadia wishes Pedro would give her permission to pay Esme and the baby a visit. This angers Vic who can't believe she has to get permission to pay a visit to her friend. Nadia doesn't wish to talk about No Balls Pedro. She wants to enjoy being with him. They share a sweet kiss. Adolfo and Josefina walk in hand in hand. Adolfo asks Nadia how she was able to escape the prison known as No Balls lair. She credits Amelia's thinking in helping her escape for awhile. Josefina scolds the lovebirds and ask that the next time they use her that she be informed. Adolfo and I just saw No Balls at the funeral. Adolfo doesn't think that he suspected anything, but it's best that they leave and return to their prison. Amelia promises to have them back at exactly the time No Balls specified. Adolfo wishes to stay, but has some business to take care of.

Graceless is not finished throwing her pity party but gets interrupted by Carlota. Carlota says she feels bad what happened to her at the funeral. Graceless can't believe that her children prefer “la campesina” who is nothing. May God forgive them. Carlota says she warned her that this could happen for all the damage she caused. Graceless hisses at Carlota. Is this what you came for, stupid? To dig a knife deeper in my wounds? My children don't love me. And Fabs will never accept me as her mother. She detests me. Carlota says out of all 3 of your children, Fabs is the most like you. It wasn't your fault that she grew up without you. You believed she was dead. When the time comes for Fabs to find out, I believe she will understand. Graceless tells Carlota to get out and leave her alone and continues her pity party.

BSC JL, Montse and Rosario return home. Rosario retires and Montse decides to also call it a night. JL offers to accompany her, but she refuses. JL wants to do something for her, but she rejects him. He just wants to look after her and their child and again asks if there is anything that he can do for her. She says she wants him to allow Dim to come back and live with them. He can't be alone right now. He denies her request. He doesn't want Dim all up in their business. He reminds her that he bought the house. Montse says then don't act like a hypocrite and say you want to help me, then refuse me.

Maria gets another visitor and it's Adolfo. She tells him to watch his back. At any time they will take No Balls in. What are you talking about questions Adolfo. I heard the police say they found proof against Pedro. They are going to bring him in and when they question him, he will spill the frijoles on everything that you have done. Adolfo says EZ opened his mouth. He not only implicated me, but Pedro. Maria says you know what you have to do. I hope that man ends up in jail or dead. But you have to do something for me. Graceless not only took the will put also the gun that I used to kill Sandro. You have to see her and take it from her. You have to help me.

Fabs goes to have a drink and recalls Graceless words on not helping her if she is drunk. The doorbell rings and its Two sizes to small wearing shirt, Ale. (thanks Carvivile for pointing this out).

The gang is hanging out at Josefina's playing a game when the doorbell rings. Vic gets up to answer it. Without checking to see who it is, he opens the freaking door. Of course No Balls goes nuts and attacks Vic. The gang outside hears the commotion and Pedro runs outside. Nadia tries to leave, but he asks where she's going. Vic comes running out to protect his lady love and Amelia tells Pedro to calm down. She can explain. He throws insults at Amelia and Vic says he will not allow him to take Nadia. They start throwing punches while Amelia yells for them to stop.

Fabs wants to know what Ale is doing in her house and starts throwing insults at him. Ale just wanted to pay his dear cousin a visit and let her know that he can walk the streets of Aguazul without threat of being arrested. The judge has re-opened his case and soon will find out what you, your attorney and Pedro did. You are the only thief here. You stole the original will and replaced it with a fake one.

More flying fists and Vic throws No Balls across the table and it breaks. He gets his hands around Pedro's throat and starts choking him. Amelia yells for Vic to stop and Nadia joins in. They beg him to stop. Josefina runs out of the house and tells Pedro to leave. She has just called the police. He promises that sooner or later, he will get his daughter back. Vic yells out that she is his daughter. Pedro threatens that they will pay. Vic promises Nadia that she will never have to be with him again.

Ale asks Fabs if she knows how much prison time she will get for fraud? You have no proof replies Fabs. Do you have the original will asks Fabs. No replies Ale. But I’m happy to know that neither do you. What deal do you have with Graceless? Because you are not the only one that has one with her. I'm sure what you promised her is nothing compared to what I promised her. Be warned that at the end, she will end up betraying you. I don't care if I don't have this house or the money. The one thing I can never forgive you for, is the 7 years I was away from my wife and child. You didn't care that we were family and I won't care when I destroy you. He leaves and she looks at the wine bottle again. She recalls Graceless words. She throws the glass across the room.

Dim is home alone crying. In comes Montse. She didn't want to leave him alone but he doesn't want anyone around. She says they don't have to talk, she just wants to be there for him. He prefers to be alone. She says if he ever wants to talk, she will be there for him. Dim says everything has changed. She is with Ale and he doesn't know what to do know. Be depressed for 2 to 10 years? What am I going to do? Age and realized that my life ended when she died? What for? He cries some more and Montse offers comfort. She promises to always be there for him. He prefers to be alone for now. He recalls sweet moments with Monica. He goes to the empty bed with her ashes and recalls more memories. He gets angry and wrecks the room and falls to his knees in pain.

Amelia goes to visit No Balls alone. (Why? He's nuts. Stay away!) She wants to explain. She couldn't do anything. Vic just walked into the house. Of course he doesn't believe her. I'm not stupid says Pedro. I know that Josefina has been hiding him and you both have tried to make fools of me. And that traitor Adolfo. Amelia tells him to calm down. She loves him and kisses him. I would never do anything to hurt you. She says she was hurt on how he threw her out of the house. I just want to return to you.

Josefina fills Rosario and Ale on the showdown between Vic and No Balls. Ale wished he was there to kick some butt. Rosario says Pedro will not let this go. Vic knows and will keep vigilant. Rosario asks after the children. They were scared but I was able to calm them down replies Nadia. Vic can't believe the way Amelia went to bat for them. Josefina says Amelia is a good woman and all at the table agree. Nadia says she was happy to meet Ale's son. Ale gushes over his son, but unfortunately soon he has to take him back home. Rosario tells him to have faith. Things will get better. Soon you will prove that you are an Almonte and Montse is your wife.

No Balls rants to Amelia that he just lost millions in a deal and EZ is playing dirty. (side note: did you look at those gorgeous red shoes Amelia is wearing? Graceless should take fashion advice from her.) Anyway, Pedro believes Adolfo is also playing dirty. And on top of that, that dog took my woman and child too. He tells Amelia to leave before he takes his anger out on her. Amelia says she will leave because he asked her. She loves to obey him. I don't know if those people are playing dirty but you can always count on me. I will always be at your side. Pedro says that Nadia is not half the woman Amelia is. Amelia is worthy of being his wife. If Vic wants to keep the blind woman, fine. But he will not take his daughter. He will get her back, even if he has to kill Vic and Nadia. Amelia tells him to calm down and kisses him. She gets up to leave and Pedro says that she can return again tomorrow and bring her things. Amelia smiles and thanks him.

Adolfo is waiting in Graceless's room playing with his gun. She enters and sees him. He points the gun at her. Graceless reminds him that she practically changed his diapers so he can't come and scare her. Adolfo doesn't want to hurt her. He will ask in the nicest way for her to cooperate with him. He has been friends with Dim for years. He's like a brother to him. So it wouldn't be good for him to lose not only his girlfriend but his mother at the same time. I want the will and everything you took from Maria's apartment. Graceless says she doesn't know what he's talking about, but Adolfo threatens her again.

Montse is happy at the news that Nadia and Vic are together again. Laurito explains the fight that happened. He runs off to bed. Montse and Rosario resume talking and JL interrupts. He ordered around the clock surveillance at Josefina's to make sure that No Balls doesn't show up or send one of his goons. Montse thanks JL for helping her friend out. JL says there is nothing to thank me for. When I found out that Nadia was being held against her will, I promised to help her out. I think it's the right thing to do says Montse. Since Vic and Nadia are a family.

Graceless says that the will is no longer in her hands. And as for the wig and gun, they will stay in her possession to ensure that the rat (Maria) does not hurt her daughter. You know as well as I do that Maria is loca and an assassin. So am I replies Adolfo. I don't plan to leave here until I get what I came for. You want that will so that you can destroy Pedro says Graceless. I do replies Adolfo, but I also want to protect the people I love. My sister, my niece and Maria. Graceless advises him to pick better friends. Sooner or later, she will bring you problems.

Montse asks JL why he can't do the same thing for her that he did for Nadia? She, Laurito and Ale are a family. JL laughs and says not to compare him to Pedro for he is a monster. Of course replies Montse. He had Nadia locked up, but you just have a guard following me everywhere. I don't see a difference. If my love is a prison, then I hate to inform you that you will have to deal with it for the rest of your life replies JL. Only dead will you get rid of me.

Adolfo cocks his gun and points it at Graceless. He threatens her again and wants to know who has the will. She tells him to lower the gun. The will is in the hands of the authorities. You are too late. Fine, replies Adolfo. But I'm not leaving empty handed. Give me the things you took from Maria's apartment. Graceless hands him the stuff from Maria's apartment. Before he leaves, she throws out an insult. While my son joined the Navy and became successful, your life went in the toilet. But really, I never saw a future for you. Now close the door on your way out.

EZ tries comforting Carlota. He thinks Monica was a great gal. They talk about Dim and his relationship with Monica. Suddenly EZ sees Adolfo walk across the foyer. He asks what Adolfo is doing? I was just doing a favor for Graceless. But now that your here, I would like to take the opportunity to talk to you. Carlota asks what favor did Adolfo do for Graceless. Where you in her room? He lies and says that Graceless just wanted me to take a few things to Dim and keep an eye on him. She's worried. Carlota doesn't think that his relationship with her nephew is good. EZ tells Carlota to run off to bed. He tells Adolfo to join him in the office. As Carlota passes Adolfo, he pays her a compliment. This makes Carlota smile and she decides perhaps he's not so bad after all. Adolfo follows EZ into the office and as soon as the door closes, ponces on him. You are the one you swine yells Adolfo. EZ yells for him to let him go and never lay a hand on him again. Remember who you are talking too. The worst rat in the world says Adolfo. Why don't you tell me how it feels to kill the woman of your best friend asks EZ. Perhaps I shot that gun, but you killed her points out Adolfo. You can deny it, but I know you are the traitor. Who is your contact at the navy? EZ walks over to his desk and pulls out a gun, but Adolfo is just as quick. They have a standoff. EZ reminds him that they wanted to destroy Pedro. Together yells Adolfo. We agreed together. Now I hear they have proof to bring Pedro in. I’m sure it's proof you gave the authorities. Are you sure they are going to detain him asks EZ. I will give you some advice. If you don't want to end up in jail or dead, you know what you have to do. They can no longer touch me. Your wrong says Adolfo. Watch your back. When you least expect it, I will kill you.

Manana: Ale promises that Pedro will pay for all the damage he caused; Ale tells JL only by killing him would be leave Montse.

Labels:


Comments:
I truly surpised by the flashbacks that Dim had with Monica. I don't remember most of them happening in the episode scenes; but she really looks much softer and sweet than the rigid military woman we have been commenting about in our blogs. Did Dim really love Monica then.

I hope Esme sticks to her guns regarding Refugio although it seems like she is softening up. I suppose she doesn't think like some of us do that going as far as Refugio did with Monica was unpardonable.

Just my opinion, but I'm convinced that Gracie will throw Monse out of the bus for Fabs, especially since dear sweet Carlota pointed out that they are both alike and Fabs will probably forgive Gracie as she really thought her baby died.

Another wonderful recap. I'm amazed by the detail of each scene that is recapped,
 

Gloria:

Thank you so much for this most stellar recap! I loved your line about Amelia Why? He nuts! Stay away, lol.

Amelia is really pushing it, but it's funny that he doesn't dare touch or hurt her and spills his bidnez. I think Amelia is gathering intel to give to either Admiral Robledo or JL about Peddy and his dirty bidnez. Oh, and Peddy fights like a girl! I thought for a minute there that Vic would kill him.

I really like Carly, she is so very sweet, but Gracie is like an acid wash, horrible woman.

I think Addled is really sincere on saving those he loves, like Nadia and Vicky, but Maria? Is it because Maria got mixed up in this bidnez with Peddy the same as he did? They were talking loud enough in that cell area for the guards to hear, same as Peddy and Maria. And Gracie insulting Addled as he is holding the gun and threatening her? EZ and Addled's confrontation was interesting also. Who will do who in, hmmmm........

Fabs I think is running scared now that she has zero support. I think, and this is only my thought, not a spoiler that maybe Gracie will throw both under the bus! When has she ever really helped one of her children? Well, she did help Dimi out, back in the day, but at the expense of JL. Gracie was truly having a pity party for one. She just can't seem to understand that her actions have consequences. I can't stand that she disses Rosy every chance she gets.

Dimi's grief was heartbreaking. I liked his flashbacks of Monica and all the good times they had. It was so very sad.

I don't think that Dimi would have moved back in with Monse and JL, he can't stand JL as much as JL doesn't like him anymore. It would be more oil on the water, so to speak. I wonder if JL is holding on so tightly to Monse because she is having his bebe? I think he is afraid he'll never get to see the bebe if she goes back to Ale.

Thanks again Gloria for this most fabulous recap.
 

I liked the "Mortal Kombat" betwen Victor and Peddy too bad Victor failed to do the "Fatality",now i guess Adolfo will have to kill Peddy because otherwise Peddy will spill all the bidness with Adolfo and EZ.I cant believe Gracie is so ungrateful and utterly refuses to admit her faults,she keeps bashing Rosario when she is a much better person than her.

And i still dont like how Maria has such an influence on Adolfo,Gracie was right on that part,one day Maria will end up betraying Adolfo as well. I guess he was forced to cooparate with her since Maria could tell the authorities all about the nasty buisness. Ah This vicious circle never ends.
 

Great work on this one. It was a relief to see Victor manning up and going after No-Nuts Pedro the way he did.

Amelia must have a very strong stomach.

Graciela doesn't surprise me anymore. I know how narcissists like her operate. They never acknowledge that they have faults.
 

My goodness Gloria...you were in fine form. Calling Pedro's home "No Balls Lair" and referring to Ale as "Two sizes too small wearing shirt" were both hysterical (and we all thank Carivile for that initial observation).

We've talked about all the extreme changes in character the writers have brought about, and Amelia's is the most interesting (to me, at any rate).

She has changed from a superficial, snobbish woman of wealth and privilege to a canny, courageous, risk-taking spy. The CIA needs women like her!

Both Amelia, Maria and Graciela all have more "balls" than Pedro at the moment. But Amelia is the only one with a generous heart, it seems, who truly wants to help others, while risking her own skin.

I'll watch this later today, Gloria, and check our our favorite spy's shoes. Thanks for the fashion alert...and the wonderful recap.
 

Thanks so much Gloria for your wonderful recap. I missed a real rock 'em, sock 'em episode. Battling a lousy sinus headache all day, I just gave up waiting for the episode. I'll hit today...you've made me want to check this one out.

And I'll be taking a seat at the Amelia table today. My goodness, that woman is brilliant in how she can manipulate that idiot Pedro. Bless her and I hope we won't be seeing another strong woman being sacrificed in this plot.

I do think Dim loved Monica. He's loved both the women in his life, and I think part of his heartache is that he's lost both, in his mind. She may not have been "the love of his life" but there are a lot of happy couples out there just like Dim/Monica. Not happy if he starts to feel like "what's the point" and gets reckless in his job. This is one character I don't want to see as collateral damage.

Daisynjay
 

Gloria, I always look forward to your recaps and this was excellent.

“Maria, who has more balls then Pedro, throws it back to his face that HIS days are numbered” and “Graceless advises him to pick better friends” were marvelous.

Also loved your remark about Ale’s shirt. I thought Rulli looked dreamy in that black shirt. What a handsome man.

I'm still scratching my head as to why Victor didn't hide when Fina told them about the confrontation at the funeral. Good heavens Fina, get a peephole or something! Haven't there been enough surprises opening that door?

And somehow, Amelia manages to salvage the situation:“She gets up to leave and Pedro says that she can return again tomorrow and bring her things. Amelia smiles and thanks him”. Amelia was amazing, wasn’t she? Talk about a master manipulator! So skillful, beautiful, charming, yet a cunning liar. Bravo! I have to admit, I never cared much for the actress (simply due to her previous roles), but she has been amazing. I look forward to joining Judy and daisy at the Amelia table. I suspect it will be the most populated table on the patio today.

Adolfo and Maria are bound together by a commonality of being tragic, lost souls. Where they differ is how they began their journey. Maria lacked a mother’s love and affection and was molded and scared by the abuse she suffered at the hands of her uncle. Adolfo grew up privileged but fell into bad company. The true distinction is though that Maria is unremorseful where Adolfo is. He is too mired in the muck to escape but is proving he is loyal to his family – Nadia and Victoria and his friend Maria.

Victoria, I totally agree that Refugio was wrong but I am weakening and starting to forgive him. If Esme will forgive him, I think I must as well.

Madelaine "Gracie is like an acid wash – what a wonderful line!"

I am confused. I thought Graciela did still have the will (?)

The EZ Adolfo standoff was so well done. EZ wants to protect only himself, Adolfo wants to protect himself but also the lives of those whom he loves. I am unsure of this outcome but still believe the only one who will bring Pedro down is JL (no spoiler).

Gloria, you made my day.

Diana
 

Graciela still has the will; she hid it in her armoire.

She didn't want it falling into Maria's hands again. Whether she was worried about whether Maria would destroy it or not she wasn't going to allow it to go out of her control again, especially with Alejandro's promise to give her all of his inheritance. Telling Adolfo it was in the hands of the authorities also gave him what he wanted, which was for proof of Pedro's fraud to come to light.

Unless Maria told him about the suicide note, he doesn't know that's been found. That's the other thing that damns Pedro.
 

Does anyone know thats the tune playing when EZ and Pedro had that standoff in the office,it also appeared in the Gracie and Fabiola scene and when Gracie was stealing the will in Marias apartment,the tune will probably air when the novela ends ,its very catchy!
 

what is the tune*
 

Gloria, thanks for the fantastic recap. You really captured all of the action.

What an episode of confrontations: Victor/Pedro; Ale/Fabiola; Montse/Ale; María/Pedro; Adolfo/Graciela; Adolfo/Ezequiel; Graciela/Carlota; Ale/Fabiola; Fabiola/her wine bottle! The last one was really pathetic almost laughable.

Diana, I so agree about Victor and the front door. If I knew who was out there, why wouldn't he since he had heard the headsup about Pedro. It was sure great seeing Pedro on the receiving end for once. Too bad Victor could not have finished the job but there are too many episodes left. : ( Another good scene was Graciela being menaced by Adolfo and his gun. If only he had used it, but we have too many episodes left. : ( I wasn't happy that Adolfo still sees fit to protect that crazy BM.

After such a great action packed episode, what will they come up with tonight?

Jarifa
 

Thanks UA!

Graciela was definitely sweating last night but have to give her credit for being a cool customer despite the heat. She took quite a chance with the lie about the will's whereabouts.

There was no mistaking Adolfo's menacing intent. I had to admire her shakily tossed out "While my son joined the Navy and became successful, your life went in the toilet. But really, I never saw a future for you. Now close the door on your way out."

And there you have it.

Diana
 

Maria could be Adolfo's downfall if Dimitrio finds out that he knows about her attempts at murdering Monse. That would be enough to make Dimitrio take him out, even if he ends up in a psych ward for it.
 

Maria can also tell the police that Adolfo is the Alacran and that he killed Monica,Marias buyer and the rat from the Marine. Adolfo is so trapped in this stuff its not even funny and sadly i dont think he can escape safe and sound,in the end.
 

UA,I sadly agree that Adolfo can't escape unscathed. Or alive.

Diana
 

Jarifa, I am still laughing at
"What an episode of confrontations:...Fabiola/her wine bottle!"

Hilarious (and so true!)

Diana
 

Nobody sees a way out for Adolfo. I think he will probably die saving someone's life.

Or Maria will kill him.
 

Thanks for this great recap, Gloria. Very amusing and very well done.

As evil (misguided? misunderstood?) as Adolfo is, he certainly stole the show last night. He and Graciela were absolutely superb together. I despise Adolfo (he's definitely not the victim as some here proclaim), but as I've mentioned previously, I'm in awe of the actor and the job he is doing.

What a treat it is watching Pedro unravel and how satisfying is Amelia's phony but convincing affection and understanding?

Pedro vowed that he will get Victoria back, and with the time remaining and Victor's blundering incompetence, I've no doubt that he will. I suspect that Amelia will be an important key in her rescue.

Diana,

it's not often that I find myself disagreeing with you, however:

"I ... still believe the only one who will bring Pedro down is JL..."

While I'm resigned to María's ultimate unhappy fate, don't you think that she at least deserves a prominent role in Pedro's downfall?

The retrospective for Monica was heartbreaking and wasn't that a beautiful song that they chose to accompany it?

Carlos
 

Carlos,Maria already did contribute to Pedros downfall already by revealing that she posseses the copy of Joaquins note,i still want Maria to shoot him or something him though,in the legs or in his nonexistant balls.

Oh and did i mention that i would enjoy seeing a crippled Pedro be visited by all of the characters and they would begin laughing at him? The higlight would be EZ visiting too bringing alongside a rope and a bottle of vodka " Now that you are here ,enjoying the beautiful view of your destruction,let yourself have the coutesy of having one beautiful bottle of vodka and a rope,enjoy the dinner,your Final Dinner Pedrito"
 

Gloria, you are the master of the aside! Thank you. :))

Demetrios/Count Alacran, "Mortal Kombat". You had me laughing!! That was a good one. :))

--Amelia was brilliant.
--Points to Graciela for managing to keep the will in her hands.
--Carlota continues to be an easy mark.
--JL was very uninteresting. --Laurito was so cute in describing the fight.
--Rulli was beautiful in a very manly way in one of the side shots of him talking to Fabiola. Rulli and Juan Soler have the most beautiful smiles I have EVER seen.

I'm not sure what to think about Dimitrio. I will have to ponder this.

Carlos, I absolutely agree with you that the actor playing Adolfo has really matured in his acting skills (when you compare to his role in CME).

Fatima
 

Carlos, Maria already provided the other piece of evidence against Pedro: the xerox of the suicide note. Get Amelia to ID Joaquin's handwriting and Pedro can be nailed for every crime in the note.

As soon as the will hits the judge's desk and they do a DNA test they can add several fraud charges. All that adds up to Life Without Parole.
 

CountxA and UA,

Thanks. Yes, I know about the copy of the Joaquín note that she turned over to JL, I've been watching the show. I want María to to have a more definitive proactive hands-on role in Pedro's demise. Plus, I don't want to see him in jail, I want to see him dead.

Carlos
 

Carlos, I have the feeling that one would follow the other pretty quickly.

The other prisoners would find out his secret in the blink of an eye and make things very unpleasant for him. The Count has also suggested a gift of a bottle of booze and a rope. I covered the episode in which Pedro disclosed his accident to Nadia and he specifically said he would rather have died than live with his loss. It would be poetic justice for he who forced another man to commit suicide to end up killing himself.
 

Hmm i want Pedros anvil to be huge ,i was one of the few who enjoyed Fernandos anvil in PSMA,there was no better punishment for him as death was too good for him,he would be rotting in a maximum security prison without any hope of escaping ,also losing one of his eyes and possibly bullied everyday by Efren ever since.
 

Carlos, yes, I will certainly give Maria the credit she is due for her not insignificant role in Pedro's (hopefully soon) downward spiral.

I should clarify that by "bringing Pedro down" I meant killing him. No spoiler but I think Pedro's death is a forgone conclusion. I believe JL will be the one to pull the trigger.

I do wonder though if it will be in time to save Maria from Pedro. Has Pedro actually killed anyone (I forget) or has he just manipulated EZ, Adolfo and others to do it for him? He might be enraged enough to sully his hands here. Let's hope the guards do their jobs or Maria's remaining time on this earth will be brief.

Diana
 

Thank you for the wonderful recap!! And thanks for the shout out!!!!

Amelia amazed me last night at how she was able to control Pedro. How awful it must be kissing him. She really is determined to bring him down.

Why didn't Adolfo search Gracie's room instead of waiting for her to return? That irked me.

Oh JL, when will the real you return? I thought maybe Monica's death would bring you to your senses. I'm really hating you and I was always at your table!

Poor Dim. Where does he go from here?
 

Diana, going only on what we have seen, Pedro has never actually killed anyone personally. Whether he personally killed the emergency room surgeon who relieved him of the combo plate we don't know because he wasn't specific about it when telling Nadia.

I believe he is capable, though. And he would like it too much.

As for Adolfo searching Gracie's room, I think there is still something in him of the kid who was Dimitrio's best friend. Gracie is Dimitrio's mother. He would greatly hesitate to harm her. However, he knows that Maria shot Monserrat and he should be way more concerned about that.
 

Excellent recap, Gloria. Thanks for giving the great conversation details too.

I enjoyed the may confrontations last night, but Amalia really won the night for me. She has giant ovaries, that lady! The way she manipulated Pedro, and walked right into the lion's den, was amazing. I was/am so scared for her.

If all it took to get Nadia out of Pedro's clutches was a clever plan to get her out of the house, and then hand to hand combat with Pedro, why in the heck didn't they do that before?! Either they were lazy before, or grossly underestimating how vicious Pedro is now (or both).

Ale bores me with his blustering to folks like Fab, but no real show of action. Shouldn't he at least hire a lawyer?

JL bores me with his crazy hypocritical "you're mine" whining.

I'm enjoying all the villains turning on each other. My only two death predictions are JL and Adolfo.
 

Oh, and after Dim moves out, other young couples might think twice about moving in, as both JL and Dim experienced the death of their women while living there.
 

Vivi, I thought the same thing. Both JL and Dim losing their loves and returning to the same home in despair.

Also, I would like to give credit to Fabs for trying so hard to stay away from the wine. The actress playing her must be glad to stop having to hold a glass in every scene.
 

I have just determined that Friday, July 25 will be the day I post the Karmageddon discussion for this series. That puts it about 3 weeks before the end.

It is possible that there will be a few deaths or something already by then. All crimes, however, will be duly noted so the fates of any villains already finished can be discussed.
 

In memory of Captain Monica and as a shout out to our Madelaine, the news of the world today shows that the US Navy has promoted its first female, and a woman of color, to the rank of 4 star admiral!!

She will be Vice Chief of Naval Operations. Is that amazing or what! You can read about it here:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/07/02/327655651/navy-promotes-its-first-female-four-star-admiral

Sorry, I do not know how to make a hyperlink on this blog. :(

Fatima
 

Excellent news, Fatima.

I just tried posting the instructions for the hyperlink, but can't get them to show so you can see the explanation.
 

I too think that JL will be the one to kill Pedro, but I think it will be to prevent Pedro from killing Ale. And I hope JL gets shot in the exchange, goes into the hospital and then dies an heroic death. Then Ale can accept his child and the four of them - Ale, Monse, Larito and hopefully the baby girl -- will live happily ever after.

I also think that if Graciela does not die, then Ale will be in a financial fix. Once the beans are spilled, Ale will have to acknowledge Fabs as his half-sister, and give her half of his non-existent inheritance.

Really a lot of these evil ones have to die for justice to be served: Pedro, Adlofo, EZ, and Maria. Perhaps JL will have to the sacrificial lamb as well.
 

Thanks, Urban. I'll wait to see if you can post them so that I can print and save. :)

Fatima
 

Gloria, thank you for such an enjoyable recap. You had me from the first line: "No Balls Pedro pays a friendly visit to our resident loca, Maria." and "He turns to Maria and informs her that her days are numbered. Maria, who has more balls then Pedro, throws it back to his face that HIS days are numbered. "

For all the wrong she has done, I'm so glad she made a copy of the suicide note, and the ball is rolling to bring Pedro down.

Diana: "Good heavens Fina, get a peephole or something! Haven't there been enough surprises opening that door?" Good one! Nobody thinks in that house when the bell rings, if they are trying to be in hiding, why do they keep opening the door without knowing who is knocking first? At least Vic got the upper hand this time around, not like last time when Pedro almost killed him. The scene was great and Pedro flying onto the table and breaking it! Ouch!!!

Amelia sure stole the show last night. Wasn't she amazing Diana, Judyb and Daisy? If you don't mind, I will sit at the Amelia table too! Her character has grown so much, I'm really rooting for her to make it to the end. It would be tragic for another strong female to go, and so sad for Virginia to lose the only member of her family she has left.

I'm also rooting for Demetrio to pull through.Can't wait for more tonight

Maricruz
 

Just popping in quickly, I've got repairmen all over my house fixing my major plumbing problem but wanted to comment on what Fatima put up for the link.

Fatima

Thanks so very much for the link. I saw this piece on the CBS Evening News last night. Not only is she the first 4 star Admiral and a woman of color but she was the first woman of color Officer to ever command a Navy Ship. This is fabulous! We have a 2 star woman Admiral here, who commands a fleet of ships. The first women officers will begin training as submariners next year. The only door still closed to females in the Navy, is the SEAL units. That is the last bastion so to speak to overcome. Thanks again Fatima.
 

Madelaine, I suspect that one day, this admiral will be CNO! Can you imagine?! She was also the one who was able to rescue Capt Philips. What an incredible story. :))

You are welcome, dear Madelaine! We are all proud of your service to the country.

Fatima
 

Excellent job, Gloria. Thank you for all the delicious details. While I am usually a fan of the minimalist approach to recapping, the plot and the conversations in this novela sometimes get a bit convoluted; and I appreciate having your accurate accounting, complete with deadpan humor.

As for Graciela, I'm starting to think she's a narcissist. But of course, I could be wrong.

My word, José Luis is looking unattractive these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slobbering or foaming at the mouth.

So Esme has decided that Monica wasn't the problem -- it is Refugio himself. She thinks he is looking for something she can't give him. This reminds me of Josefina's decision to go off on her own seven years ago. While the women's situations are different, the writers' willingness to take that path before makes me think they may do it again.

And apropos of nothing ...
José Luis is talking so much about Montserrat being pregnant with HIS child, that I am beginning to HOPE/SUSPECT that the kid is really Alejandro's.

I don't need to see JL die a heroic death. I'd be happy to see him ride off into the sunset with the only partner who was ever really faithful to him -- Refugio.
 

NovelaMaven: Maybe the thing that Refugio is looking for, that Esme can't give him, is a penis.
 

ooh, Carvivlie, we better hope that a certain fairytale heroine whose name begins with C- and ends with -a doesn't read this exchange, or we will never hear the end of it. [And for heavens sakes, don't let JudyB see these comments.]
 

I also am beginning to suspect that Monse's baby is Alejandro's. From their initial reunion.

I don't think Refugio is gay. He's just immature and needs to grow up.
 

Oh no...has my reputation as a Goody Two Shoes gone viral?
 

Fatima, thank you so much for the information and the link.

Madelaine, I join you in hoping that the SEAL unit will relax their policy so women can serve proudly there as well.

As women we have come so far, and yet not quite far enough.

I would dearly love to be alive when the first woman President is elected. And yes, I am looking at you Hillary...

Maricruz, I've saved you a seat at the Amelia table. While speculation may be the kiss of death, I strongly suspect Amelia will be standing at the end. She has had more than her share of grief and yes, Virginia cannot be alone...

Diana
 

Uh oh, Carvivlie, the jig is up. JudyB is on to us!
[SNORT]
 

Refugio is silly,dumb but atleast,he didnt cheat her on with Monica.Basicly the only reasons why Refugio and Esmeralda are fighting is not just because of Monica but because Refugio refuses to accept Esmeraldas way of life,being a exotic dancer which is understandable when you begin dating but when you are getting married you have to learn to controll your jeaulusy ,Refugio is unable to do that and his utter stupidity in falling for Monica made the situation even worse.
 

Ok, just for the record -- I don't think Refugio is gay either. I do, however, think that his most meaningful relationship has been and continues to be with his friend, José Luis.
 

Gloria, loved your recap. Loved your aside comment about Amelia's shoes, (which, I hope they have powers like the Ruby Slippers because Pedro is "nuts!") but my absolutely favorite comment was when Vic "Without checking to see who it is, he opens the freaking door. "
I was thinking the same thing, and you know why? Because none of these freaking people think about what they are doing!! Just goofing around at Fina's like freaking Pedro isn't going to freaking show up?? Really?
Have been so enjoying all the comments on this story more than usual.
Urban-yeah, Gracie isn't changing or repenting, the writers must have done their homework on this one. No good will come to Fab even if she knows Gracie is her mom and accepts her no real love will come to her, not that Fab deserves it. Of course she still has the will, she never lets go of anything or anyone that she can use!
Victoria G, and Fatima: I have hope for Refugio and Esme; when Refugio picked a woman to have a crush on it was independent Monica; I think he can grow into the man Esme wants-one who accepts her as independent; but time and the story will tell.
I thought the Monica character was a wonderful departure from the usual female roles in a TN; thanks Fatima for the link!
Agree with Vivi, JudyB, Daisynjay, Carvivlie, Diana and Maricruz about Amelia, another amazing female character.
 

NovelaMaven, you said: "I don't need to see JL die a heroic death. I'd be happy to see him ride off into the sunset with the only partner who was ever really faithful to him -- Refugio."
I absolutely agree! Also agree that Refugio is not gay; not in the least. He's just a dopey guy who fails to see the big picture. As EMarie said, let's hope he can accept an independent woman. If he accepted Monica, then he should accept Esme NO MATTER the job.

Dear Diana, I'm glad you liked the link. I found it apropos. :) I loved Amelia last night. I was really afraid for her at one point as Pedro was horribly insulting to her. I think he is afraid of women or afraid that they will "feel" that something is missing. Did you see how he kept pulling back from her? Am I remembering correctly, but did he wipe his lips when she turned her back to him? Jerk.

I will say this for Graciela, she can sure think on her feet. There is Adolfito pointing a gun with her and he doesn't get the will. Unbelievable.

Fatima
 

Fatima,about Peddy and his act its most likely that after the accident he is afraid of women,he was pissed off or he was simply bullying her,he enjoys playing with peoples feelings/emotions ,he loves seeing his enemies drop down,having no will to live,i believe he was acting to Amelia just because of this simple pleasure or he was just angered,probably both.
 

acting mean* seriously there needs to be an Edit Comment feature....
 

Fatima, Graciela certainly does keep her head in a crisis, doesn't she amiga?

Hmmm, I will have to try and emulate her the next time something comes up in my life. LOL.

Diana
 

Demetrios/Count Alacran, yes, I suspect you are correct re Pedro. What a jerk that man is.

Diana, Fofito looked a little scary to me, so I really had to give Graciela some points! yes, we will have to channel her big time when we face something huge! LOL!!

Fatima
 

I debated on saying anything but actually, the truth is that I have had a gun to my head. Literally. Twice.

The first time I was a teenager in a convenience store. We had to lie on our stomachs, and the gunman took turns holding a gun to the back of our heads. Mercifully, no one was hurt. The clerk (to this day, I don't know if he couldn't or wouldn't) open the register and the would be thief started to panic and left. That was over 40 years ago but I still see flashes in my mind's eye occasionally.

The second time was several years ago (almost 5 to the day) at an ATM. I had just gotten back in my car, a beautiful summer day - car window open, to sense and then seee a gun pointing at my head. I handled it so poorly. The adrenaline was flowing, I put the car in drive and hit the accelerator. The would be thief got scared and fled and staff from the store came running to my aid.

So, I guess I do know firsthand what it feels like to be afraid. The only thing I can state with certainty is that we never know how we will react. I was foolish and should have just handed the money over and I would never advocate anything different.

I am sharing this because I hope no one finds themself in a similar situation. If God forbid you ever do, just give them what they want. It is not worth the risk.

Diana
 

I want to be cool as Amelia because sometimes i feel like an Addie Bear on KoolAid having commited a terrible sin in my past its feels like its all out of my memory now,i can relate with Adolfo since he reminds me of myself,his current regret i mean, back in elementary school i almost killed one clasmate with a pencil,never visited her in the hospital i guess it was out of selfisness,immaturity ( i was around 8-9) ,dont even know if i apoligized properly. Though i saved one girls life 3 times from suicide ,luckily she has a boyfriend now so he can protect ,guess that sorta balances things out.. I recognize Adolfos misery right now because i sorta isolated myself back then too but it didnt help,Addies situation is worse though LOL.

Not selfpraising ,just telling my horrible experience back in the time,im quite suprised that Addie began to feel the same state of mind as i did myself.

 

Gloria – I enjoy your dry wit. My favorite passage: The gang is hanging out at Josefina's playing a game when the doorbell rings. Vic gets up to answer it. Without checking to see who it is, he opens the freaking door. Of course No Balls goes nuts and attacks Vic. lol

I was on pins and needles watching Amelia with Pedro. I thought Pedro might explode because Amelia got too close to his empty toolbox. I don’t think Nadia gave Amelia the lowdown on Pedro’s condition, but maybe JL will tell her. I love all Amelia's clothes.

I couldn’t blame Monse if she followed in her mother’s footsteps and poisoned JL at this point, though I'm still at his table (yep, I must be schizo). If JL goes down without at least apologizing to Monse or telling her he was wrong to force her to stay with him, I won’t be satisfied. Angélica thought too much of this man for him to go out heroic but still clueless.

Kudos to Monse for calling out JL on his hypocrisy.

Fatima - Thanks for the link. What a wonderful step for the Navy!
 

Diana,

How dreadful for you those experiences must have been and how generous of you to mention them (at great cost, emotionally, I'm sure) as a reminder that no one should try to emulate the false bravado of our fictional characters. Thank you, amiga, for your concern. I am also thankful you escaped relatively unscathed, at least physically, from those two threats.
 

Diana, what?! We never saw Maria be abused by her uncle, yes, he got a little creepy with her towards the end but not once has it been shown or even hinted that Juventino abused her in any way.
 

Oh, Diana, amiga. That is frightening; absolutely frightening. This is why I always go inside the bank and do not use ATM outside. I can imagine these images come back every now and then when you least expect it. You are correct. We don't know how we will react. You are so brave!

Niecie in MD, glad you liked the link. :)

Fatima
 

Diana - How horrible, so sorry you had to deal with that. Thanks for sharing your story.
 

A lot of the Monica haters are now glorifying her. How hypocritical! "Rigid" Monica was the operative term used when she was alive, I believe. Well, she is really rigid now.

My point is that women complain about not getting as many opportunities as men, but when one of them is successful they usually find a way to denigrate them.

Yeah, Monica knew that she had Refugio on a string and that was wrong how she manipulated him.

Just because Dimi had just boinked "la fenomena" I am not giving Monica a pass on that encounter with Refoolio.

There is no female character on this soap that is not male-defined and that is a setback for all women.
 

Oxnard Huero- I'm with you on the women in this tn. It's been one of my chief annoyances with this tale since the beginning. At least in the second half of the tn, since the time jump, some of these women actually got jobs. Remember when Esme was the only (non maid) employed female character in this tn?
 

I don't think Refugio bats for the other team either but it is fun to speculate!
 

Yes Vivi, now Montse is an entrepreneur.

Maybe she can put herself, Macario and Dominga on Mexico's version of the Shark Tank to see if their store and concept, "Light Temptations", is worth franchising outside of Aguazul.

After all, Dunkin' Donuts is moving back to So Cal in a big way so why not them as well?
 

Oh, no! Don't tell me SoCal is falling prey to the overly-sugary, unimaginative East Coast donut juggernaut, known as Dunkin Donuts?! One of the things I love about SoCal are all the small mom and pop donut places and the delicious and large variety of donuts (bear claws with apple are a fave).
 

We also had Nadia who was a music teacher in Argentina, Virginia's off getting an education in Europe (and she had career ambitions), and I remember some talk about the work Fina was doing when she met up with the Argentina team. Of course, now all of that has been put on hold since they've been sucked back into the black hole that is Agua Azul, and all the male machismo drama that comes with it. Stay away, Virginia, and never come back!
 

At least until Pedro is exposed.
 

Oh, and Esme was running her business, not just being a dancer anymore. Sorry folks. I still see being the owner and boss as WAY more preferable and appealing than being a pole dancer-- and Refugio never had a problem with her being the boss. If Esme dumps Refugio, is she seriously going to go back to pole dancing...with her new baby on her hip as an accessory?
 

NovelaMaven, Fatima and Niecie:

Thank you for your kind words and support.

One correction: in the first robbery, the clerk didn't open the safe. I said register but of course the poor man emptied that right away.

I am very fortunate not to have been hurt. Many others are not as lucky.

I just also wanted to say that my attacks were not personal. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and chosen at random the second time.

I would think it would be far more difficult to know your attacker and far more frightening! That's why I still credit Graciela for her spunk and sass, although I wouldn't recommend it as the best course of action in any event.

Thank you for letting me share my story. What a wonderful group this is.

Diana
 

Fatima, if you want to make the hyperlink do this:

type:

<a

(leave a space) and type:

href="

type or paste:

the address of link

type:

">

type:

title you choose

type

</a>

thus:

<a href="address of link">title you choose</a>

or in this case:

<a href="
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/07/02/327655651/navy-promotes-its-first-female-four-star-admiral">Lady 4 Star Admiral</a>

to get:

Lady 4 Star Admiral

Carlos
 

Carlos, thank you for the "how to". I will save for the future!

Thank you. :))

Fatima
 

Oxnard HueroNo, I am not your resident hypocrite. You can call me anything you want, but I am not being hypocritical with my comments re the new 4 Star Admiral.

Monica always was Rigid Monica to me and she was Rigid Monica to me until the very end. She never appealed to me and it had nothing to do with her looks or her rear end or anything else. I simply never liked the character.

Perhaps, I erred in implying that my link to the recently promoted 4 Star Admiral was a DIRECT reference to Rigid Monica. It was not. Generally speaking, Monica represented a growing group of females in the military, but I was not equating her with the likes of the new 4 Star.

Just want to make my thoughts, comments, and actions clear.

Fatima
 

Edited to add: My link was a salute to all women who have succeeded in male dominated fields, including our very own Madelaine.

OK. 'Nuff said.

Fatima
 

Great recap! I read it at work and had to stifle my laughter numerous times. When Victor opened the door I turned to my stepdad who was the only one watching with me at the time and said "Este pendejo!". He looked at me like I was crazy for letting out a Spanish curse word. But really?! He's supposed to be in hiding!

I wanted to add that I don't think Gracie has the will anymore.
I think she lied to Adolfo because she didn't want him to know that Fabiola has the will. She was supposed to have a meeting with Fabiola that day, that's why Fabs wasn't drinking, so that's where she was coming from when she arrived in her room at night to find Adolfo waiting for her. I could be wrong but I think it's interesting that they didn't show her meeting with Fabs but then again she might give her the will after they confront Amelia.
 

Lily,

If Graciela has given the will to Fabiola then it's unlikely that it exists anymore since she just wants it gone.

Carlos
 


Fatima:

"My link was a salute to all women who have succeeded in male dominated fields, including our very own Madelaine".

I am with you 100% on that one.

Happy fourth to all telenovistas!
 

Oxnard, I disagree. I don't think Amelia is "male defined". I also disagree on the comments about the Navy SEALS. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. The SEALS' missions are so dangerous that the physical requirements cannot and should not be compromised just for the sake of "gender equality". Good link here:

http://tinyurl.com/mzzry77

 



That was me with the reply to Fatima.

Cheers!
 

UB and others:

But how will we know that it is really Ale's baby and not MDJL?

Surely that won't do a DNA test because Ale wants to accept the child no matter what and JL will probably be long gone by then, or if not, he definitely believes that the baby is his--no question.

So how will we know?
 

Niece and others, come on, this a novela, of course JL will go down after apologizing to Monse and Ale! No spoiler, just my guess.
 

No way has Gracie given up control of the will. Not even to Fabs who she still can't count on. Just my opinion.
 

Gloria,
Thanks for the fun recap. Sorry I'm so late. I have been busy with work.

I agree with those that loved Amelia last night. She is the only one who can get to Peddy. I think that MDA will bring Peddy down with alot of help from Amelia.

I absolutely loved the confrontation between Vic & Peddy. I think Peddy was scared and surprised by Vic. Peddy is just a coward and a bully. When the going got tough he got the hell outta there. It didn't take much convincing for Peddy to leave. He saw that he was beaten and since EZ and Addie weren't around to take his orders, and since Peddy doesn't like to get his hands dirty, he took off.

I believe that Gracie still has the will. And she is going to help Fabby. Just a thought.

Out of time!

Back to work...hasta pronto!
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder