Tuesday, August 26, 2014

La Malquerida # 1: 8/25/14: The Game is Afoot

Hola Amiguis. Yes, I am recapping this TN. Before I begin, I want to let you know that I recap by ear and the actors' body language. I use no captions whatsoever. I have a little earworm for your listening pleasure as you read the recap, How Do You Mend

Shall we begin.

We begin with a loving family of Alonso, Cristina his wife and Acacia their daughter. It is clear they love this Hacienda. Cristina takes a picture of Alonso and Acacia who are about to go off riding. Cristina reminds them not to come back late because they are having guests for dinner, Juliana and Norberto. Acacia and Alonso ride all over the Hacienda and he tells her all about the land. It has been passed down to him from his great grandparents, his grandparents and then his parents. It has been in the family a very long time and one day it will be hers.

Meantime, Norberto and his sons attend a cockfight. One son isn't into it but the other is.

Esteban comes by and asks Cristina if she needs any help. Nopis, she's good.

Danilo, what a slimy guy, is paying Hortensia a visit. Seems there was some money borrowed because her son is very ill and is going to die unless they can get him treatment. She could lose her little rancho. Danilo tells her, he'll help her out. Ana Alejandra comes home with her little brother Carlos. Horentsia doesn't want her daughter to go anywhere, but Danilo tells Hortensia that he'll take Ana to the Capital and put Carlos in a hospital to get the proper treatment. He knows of a job in a factory for Ana Alejandra.

Alonso is going to do some fertilizing and this time Acacia can't come, Esteban has a little treat for Acacia which she picks up and eats. It's sundown now and Juliana and Norberto arrive for dinner along with one of their sons, I think his name is Manuel and he's a lot like his Papa Norberto. The other son stayed home cause he had stomach trouble.

Danilo gets Hortensia to sign a contract for Ana Alejandra to work in the capital and both brother and sister are going with him. He assures Hortensia they will be perfectly fine. The kids hug their Mom.

The Rivas family (Cristina, Alonso and Acacia) are at dinner with Juliana, Norberto and their son Manuel. Acacia wants to go outside with Manuel but Cristina tells her to stay close to the house. It's dark outside. Meantime, in the kitchen, Rosa the cook and her grandaughter Luisa are talking and Luisa wants to go with Acacia and Manuel, no can do because they are the Duenas and she is a servant. Cristina lets her go outside with them to bring them some juice.

Juliana talks to Cristina and asks if she is worried about something. Well, yeah just a bit. They are in a bit of financial trouble, but Alsono assured Cristina with this years harvest, things will be much better.

Meantime, Norberto and Alsonso have a convo out front. Norberto wants Alsonso to sell him his hacienda. You see Norberto knows that Alsonso has mortgaged the hacienda and he could lose it to the bank. Alsonso tells him no way. This Hacienda has been in the family for years. Alsonso doesn't want to worry Cristina. Juliana and Cristina come back and Alsonso has got to call it a night. The Vet is coming in the morning and they toast.

On the way to the capital, Danilo gives Ana Alejandra a ring made of turquoise. She doesn't want it, but he gets her to keep it.

Alonso and Cristina are getting ready for bed, smoochies abound and Acacia comes in to say good night.

Next day Juliana asks Norberto if he is over his bad mood. He's going.

Alsonso is going to work and tells Acacia he'll take her with him manana.

Danilo has made it to the capital with Ana Alejandra and Carlos. The city is San Jacinto. Danilo takes them to a big house in town and the kids are surprised how big it is. There is some woman there and Danilo takes them upstairs.

Alsonso is riding and someone up on top of the road by an embankment is getting rocks to fall, Alonso is hit with one and falls off his horse. It looks bad.

Cristina is in the kitchen with Acacia and they are going to make one of Alonso's favorite dishes. One of the workers comes in says El Patron has had an accident. Esteban goes and calms Alonso. Esetban has brought El Patron (Alonso) home and puts him in bed. He tells Cristina to be calm, he's called the Doc and he's on his way. The Doc arrives and the tells Cristina that Alonso's conditon is grave and he has to go to a hospital. He will call an ambulance to take Alonso to the hospital. Acacia has faith her Papa will pull through and Cristina tells him to fight. Alonso opens his eyes and tells them he has to leave them, but please be strong and with that Alonso dies and the women cry.

Rosa is praying the rosary along with other women when Juliana and Norberto come. Cristina kisses Alonso goodbye and tells Acaica that her Papa is now in heaven. Acaica isn't beleiving it and runs for the Doc. Esteban comes in and hugs Cristina. Norberto comes into the room and wants to know what is going on here? Esteban tells him Alonso is dead and he tells Cristina he will handle everything. Norberto tells Cristina HE will take care of everything and Esteban should know his place. He dismisses Esteban.

Esteban and Acacia have a moment. He hugs the little girl and tells her that her Papa will always be with her.

Danilo has taken the kids to a bedroom upstairs. It is very nicely situated and he tells them to get some rest and that Ana Alejandra is to stay in this room with her brother. Ana Alejandra is anxious to go to work.

Ana and Carlos are in that room when they hear music. Carlos asks her if there is some type of party, do Ana goes to check it out and Carlos follows. She is greeted by Perla the Madame of the house, in case you haven't guessed this is a bordello so to speak. Perla says oh, so you are the new girl! Ana Alejandra says she will be working in a factory and Perla sees the turquoise ring. Danilo comes and tells Perla there are very important clients she needs to tend to. The other lady takes Carlos off and Danilo takes Ana Alejandra off. She wants to know why Danilo lied and cheated her. She thought she was going off to work in a factory and he tells her that is what this is, a pleasure factory. He also tells her that her Mother sold Ana Alejandra to him and shows her the signed contract. She yells and screams at him and though we don't see it, he has his way with her.

The wake for Alonso begins. Norberto is there and so is Esteban. Norberto gives Esteban the stinkeye and Cristiana's parents come.Juliana wants Cristina to get some rest, but she just can't. She's tired, but everytime she goes into her and Alsono's bedroom, all the memories keep her awake. Her Papa gives her advice and German and Norberto offer their assitance. Cristina wants to work the hacienda but Norberto says she will have problems and tells her about the Hacienda being mortgaged, she could lose it all. Cristina doesn't believe him. Norberto tells her that he and Alonso talked about it. She could sell the hacienda, but she won't. Cristina says that this Hacienda will be Acacia's some day and that she isn't leaving. Cristina's Papa says she can always come to Jan Jacinto and live with them. Her Papa tells her she doesn't have to make a decision right this minute, get some rest first and a plan and then decide. She thanks Norberto and will talk with him again. Norberto really, really wants her to sell to him.

Ana is crying and she wants to know how Carlos is. Danilo tells her he's fine and he'll stay that way as long as Ana Alejandra works. If not Carlos pays the consquences!

Juliana and Norberto are at home and she asks him why he was near the Devil's Something, it's where Alonso's accident happened. When in fact it really wasn't an accident. He either caused this or something and it had to do with the Vet visit. Cristina comes with her Papa and says she checked into what Norberto told her about Alonso, having mortgaged the hacienda. It's true, she found the paperwork. She informs Norberto she is getting a lawyer and if doesn't come up with some type of solution she will have to sell.

Ana Alejandra's new name is now Turquesa. Perla is indeed the Madame of this house and Danilo is the procurement person or Pimp in other words. Perla warns Turquesa that Danilo es mio. Turquesa could care less, she just wants Perla's help to get out of there. Perla says she can't cause Danilo would kill her. Turquesa is pithed and takes the ring off and flings it.

Cristina is talking to her Papa and says Alonso's dream was that the Hacienda would pass to Acacia and Cristina would like to keep it in the familia but she has no idea how to work it. Her Papa tells her not be concerned about the workers, he is sure Norberto will take them on. Acacia overhears them and tells them she is not leaving. She wants to keep the Hacienda, she begs her Mama and then runs off. Esteban comes and Cristina says that Norberto wants to buy the Hacienda. There is so much debt but there has got to be another solution. He lets Cristina know he loves these lands and wants to help her save them.


AVANCES:

Is there new hope to save the Hacienda?

Acacia catches a kiss between Cristina and Esteban and isn't happy!

Labels:


Comments:
Good Morning Everyone:

Please enjoy the recap; )
 

Great work Madelaine! I like this one so far! It was great to see Marcelo Cordova, even if it wasn't for long, and the children were cute. Victoria Ruffo has already gotten started on making sure she remains the Queen of Crying, and Danilo has already earned a special place in hell. A good start overall, and I LOVE the scenery!

Cassandra G.
 

I started to watch this Novela but when I saw what that nasty man was going to do to that young girl. I turned it off.


AG.

 

http://masquetelenovelas.blogspot.com/2014/08/ana-brenda-y-colunga-protagonizara.html A cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Madelaine, I'm in awe that you don't use captions yet are able to do these amazing summaries.

Wonderful ear worm and fitting for this first recap. This was a serious episode indeed and your tone fit the sad and loathsome events perfectly.

Our beloved Marcelo Cordoba was with us only half an hour but brightened the screen with his brief but memorable appearance.

As loathsome as Norberto is, Danilo is positively inhuman. Evil on steroids...Poor, poor Ana...

I was really looking forward to this and hoped it would be put in an earlier time slot. I have to get up before 4 am so not sure if and when I will be able to watch.

Your recaps are always a treat Madelaine. Thank you.

Diana
 

Thanks so much , Mads, for this excellent beginning recap. It looks interesting, and I am not watching any novelas right now, so I am going to give it a try.
I watched this episode, but from now on , I will have to record this show because the semester starts today.

I was pleased to see mi telenovio Marcelo, but then realized that he was the beloved papa who would not last long.Que lastima.

I hate seeing Uncle Pervie playing another sleeze ball...Damnilo. I much preferred this actor as the lovable pirate Mario in Pasion. I do not like this part of the storyline...ugh. Is Perla being played by Sabine M.? She is always cast as a ho, a villain, or a crazy.

Christian looks so much younger with dark hair, but I like his silver fox look better.
 

Great job, Mads! I don't think I'll be a regular watcher of this. I am curious about the fact that this isn't a remake and that the writers will be exploring taboos like a mother-daughter love triangle. I saw a bit of this on mute last night because I was on the phone, but I could tell what was happening-- especially to the poor young girl who was sold into sex slavery. That right there told me that this is NOT a show I ever want to watch before going to bed. Dark, dark, dark!
 

Yikes! Does Alberto Estrella always play roles like Juvie and Danilo? Anyway, I thought this might be a possibility but it was far too bleak for me. Anyway, thanks for a very well done recap, Mads.

Jarifa
 

Good work, Madelaine. Just caught up with the episode because I was out last night.

So Alberto Estrella adds another perv to his resume and Sabine Moussier another ho. Wonder if this one will also be loca.

Good start to the story. I'm guessing a ten-year time jump in a couple of episodes and I see from the credits that there will be several new hot young men for the younger ladies to sigh over. Here's also hoping our information is correct and La Llorona doesn't cry as much as usual.
 

Good Morning Y'all
And thanks so much for all your kind words. I really want to recap this one as it is new. I bet the play, when it was first put on in 1921 wasn't as dark as this.

Cassandra G:

Thank you kindly.

I too like this one except I could have done without Danilo abusing poor Ana Alejandra. I am giving VR as Cristina a pass here, cause she did just lose her hubby. I wonder how long the crying will go on; It's just begun but I can't wait for Danilo to get the huge sized pie cart that takes him out! He does have a special place in hell.

AG:

I don't blame you. That scene was very hard to take. If you want to you can just read the recaps. I'm sure this abusing of children can't go on forever.

Diana:

Thanks so kindly. If you want to you can keep up with the recaps. I didn't know that Marcelo Cordoba was Cristina's husband in this one. So sad he had to die so quickly. I like what you said about Danilo, he is evil on steroids. Norberto is horrid. He's all about the money, even Juliana looked upset when he told her about Alonso's "accident".

Susanlynn:

Thank you so kindly. I haven't seen Pasion, but Alberto Estrella was fantastic in PVAA. He wasn't so bad there. Yes, Perla is being played by Sabine M. She does play a lot of baddies doesn't she? I still think that Cristan looks young. I like his character for far.

Vivi:

Thank you kindly. I know, it's darker than even I thought it would be. It can't stay that way forever. You can always keep up with the recaps and watch whenever it isn't so dark. I also don't think the sex slavery theme was in the original play. That would have been scandalous when it came out in 1913.

Jarifa:

Thank you kindly. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it can't stay this dark forever. Keep up with the recaps if you want to. I'm looking forward to Ana Alejandra growing up and perhaps getting back at Danilo.
 

Urban:

Thank you most kindly.

I too think there will be a time jump. You are right, there are some young men coming that will up the sigh factor. VR smiled throughout until her hubby died. It wasn't prolonged as I thought it would be. I have faith she won't do the constant crying, one can hope ; )
 

Corazon Salvaje:

Thanks for the link.
 

Took a look at this one because there are some of my favorite as well as unfavorites in it. The ick factor was awfully high for the first episode and it looks like it will also be violent so I am giving it a pass and waiting for Los Miserables on Telemundo which should be fairly soon. Enjoy all who are going to stick it out.
 

Decie Girl,

Well at least you gave it a try. Keep checking back every now and again. There are new cast members coming up and a time jump where the playing field is more even.
 

Tks Madelaine

Wow, almost 20 minutes before Ruffo started wailing. I can't even stand her looks & I sure didn't want her kissing Marcelo.

We know it's Norberto who killed Alonso & I checked that scene many times & finally saw the tear in the knee of the pants. 2 slime balls so soon!
Alberto was a good guy in Pasión & he played a cop with Fabian Robles in a series but I guess it was cancelled.
 

Mads- When I saw who was going to be in the cast in the opening credits, that was definitely a big draw for me. I will definitely check back in with this show, especially after the time jump when many of the characters won't be the helpless victimized children they currently are. I'll for sure read the fab recaps each day.

However, this is a good time to cut WAY back on the tn watching now that so many shows are ending.
 

Variopinta:

Thank you most kindly.

I forgot about the tear in the pants. I did see that too. I thought Alonso would get out of the way when he saw the pebbles falling but by then it was too late, that big rock hit him in the head.

I know what series you are talking about El Equipo. I wish they had continued with it. It was really good all about corruption in the Federale forces.
 

Vivi:

Thank you most kindly. I am glad you will be checking in again. I know a lot of the shows are ending. I miss Que Pobres Tan Ricos the most, sigh!
 

WOW!!! Beautiful hacienda/rancho. I'm a sucker for the rancho/rural novelas. I'll even put up with Ruffo's crying for a rancho novela.

What a way to start---sweet young daughter loves her papa and papa gets killed off almost right at the beginning--so sad. Also---slime guy rapes a young girl that has been sold, YUCK!!! This is my 15th or 16th novela and I can't remember thinking about anvils from day one but terrible endings for slime guy kept running through my head last night. I CAN'T WAIT for his anvil.

Ana Alejandra---Fingernails hard
across the face works.

Sabine Moussier a ho? OMG! Where is this going to go? Will she befriend young Ana and help her fight slime ball Danilo? I hope so

Diana---I don't have to get up at 4AM but I am not a night person. 11PM M-F please no!!! But I'm interested now if for no other reason than saving the beautiful hacienda, and now I just have to stay tuned to watch Danilo go down in flames.

Madelaine---Thank you for a great start. As usual I am slow to catch on to all of the characters that are presented to us but I'm sure that I will get them all eventually. I was surprised to see
Maricruz's Abuelo Ignacio Lopez Tarso last night. In my mind I still see him standing by the shack where Maricruz and Solita lived dressed in his dirty old yellow shirt.

I'm counting the hours to tonight's 2nd episode.
the gringo
 

Gringo:

Thank you so kindly. I'm liking this one too, except for the sex slave trafficking. The filming here is gorgeous, that sunset was spectacular. I think that Ana is afraid of Danilo because he has threatened her little brother.

I knew you would recognize ILT, in this one he seems to be a man of means. I like this role for him.

I am looking forward to the kids growing up. I also look forward to Esteban and Cristina saving the hacienda. I don't want Norberto to get that ranch!
 

Thanks so much Madelaine for the fine recap. Good on ya for no captions, flying without a net as it were.

Well, they surely left no cliché unturned. The two villains did everything but twirl their moustaches.

This is the first Univisión novela I've even started for a very long time so the stylistic differences from Telemundo novelas seem fairly obvious to me. I was thinking last night that the whole thing could easily have been a silent movie. Everyone in the cast, with the notable exception of Christian Meier, overacted to a startling degree. Dialogue was almost unnecessary.

I do really like hacienda novelas and Christian Meier is my second favorite heartthrob to TBLMOE. So I'll stick around this week. The timing may work for me because En Otra Piel on Telemundo is ending soon, and might free up time to watch.
 

Novelera:

Thank you most kindly. You are so right with the mustache twirling, I'm still laughing. There is just something about Cristian Meirer. Sigh! He is like a long cool glass of water! I love how he is not easily cowed by Norberto! I'm glad you are joining us here. I try to recap everything by ear. I find I catch more of it than if I had captions. The only trouble I have is with slang! I have trouble with Hasta because of the slang, but I still manage to get stuff.
 

Thanks for the terrific recap, Mads. I finally got around to seeing this episode, and I admit I'm intrigued. I like the actors, the writing and the cinematography. And I am ripe for a an old-fashioned melodrama with good and evil duking it out. I'm sure at some point I'll be weeping along with Cristina; I expect it will be quite cathartic.

I read that the telenovela is based more on the 1949 Mexican movie of the same title than it is on the original play from the early 20th century. And I felt the first episode had a classic Mexican cinema vibe to it.

Of course it's hard to tell before the time jump. I have loved early episodes more than the later novela (for example, Abismo de pasión, which killed off our favorite character right out of the gate); and vice-versa (I disliked the beginning of Cuando me enamoro, but returned to it several weeks later and loved it). Let's see how the week plays out.
 

Madelaine - Fine recap. I feel like I know who's who and what's what after only one episode. Thanks.

Here's hoping that there's a quick time-jump and that the poor girl rises up to kick evildoer butt.
 

Madelaine

I'll check back after the time jump to see which of kids grows up to be Brandon Peniche. I like the way he is handling his career. He's like a chameleon and has been different and even looked different in everything i've seen him in.
 

Thanks Mads! I haven't gotten a chance to see more than the first 10 minutes, but this is one I really want to try and keep up with despite the awful time slot.
 

NovelaMaven:

Thank you most kindly and I'm glad you are checking this one out. I like that this is new and not a repeat of a repeat. The crying you are so right, very cathartic. I'm glad you are giving it a try.

Neice:

Thank you most kindly. I too want Ana Alejandra to kick Danilo's butt and more! I'm glad you are here too.

Deice Girl:

I'm glad you'll be back to check it out after the time jump. I too like Brandon Peniche, every role he is different. I liked him the best in Refugio.

Sara:

Thank you kindly.

I am so glad you are here too. I know it's a terrible time slot, but I can't see this one, due to some of the content, to be on earlier. I want to get your take on this too.
 

Hey Mads, wonderful detailed recap. I'll read recaps and skip watching for now. Sounds too dark for me.
Romy
 

Thanks Mads! Wonderful recap!

I'm so-so on this TN for now.

It was a very dark and depressing premiere.

I'll keep on watching though.
 

Dark......this is life.....this happens in all countries....i think it is brought to the front of the line and everyone gets to see it and maybe some one will quit turning their head and do something about it.....the rich feeding on the poor.....slim balls like Danilo taking advantage.......
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder