Saturday, August 30, 2014

La Malquerida, capitulo 5. 08/29/14.

Skipping the old and right into the new...

Acacia, Manuel and Luisa walk up to the river and reminisce about old times. He takes off his shirt and wants to get into the water. Luisa doesn't want him to throw her in the water like when they were kids. He chases her around.

Cris asks how the kids are doing. Everything is well now that German has agreed to run the hacienda. Norberto is so happy. Cris thinks Norberto should know that German is still painting.

Esteban silently gallops up to Acacia who some weird reason decides to change her clothes in the middle of the forest for all to see. He gazes at her nude body at a way no stepfather ought to.

Cris has never forgiven Alonso for not sharing their economic troubles with her. Juliana says one never knows how Norberto once he has an idea in his head. He thinks that it would be great if Manuel aka Manolo and Acacia were dating. Cris doesn't think it's a bad idea. They do make a pretty couple.

Back at the river Acacia finally puts on her bikini top and turns around to find Esteban drooling...I mean looking at her. What the hell do you want asks Acacia sweetly. came looking for you says Esteban. I understand that you came here with some friends. So your capataz came to you complaining that I brought Luisa with me asks Acacia. Are you going to tell me that I cannot make any decisions regarding MY hacienda? Of course not replies Esteban. It was my fault for not telling anyone that you had returned. Rosa had planned a big to do meal on your return. I have fixed the problem and sent word to everyone that you are now here and to treat you the way you deserve. So your telling me that you are the boss here and instructed everyone to treat me as if I owned the place asks Acacia.

Ana comes across a couple of ladies and asks for directions to the Hacienda Benavente.

Esteban asks why she always thinks the worst of him? He came to tell her that the secretary at the co-op is leaving. He knows that Luisa is a good worker and wondered if she wanted him to hire her friend for the position. Acacia tells him to not give her any favors. If you want her to take the position, you go and talk to her. Well, if you are not interested then I will find.... but gets interrupted with Manuel carrying Luisa back. Luisa quickly jumps out of his arms and tries to explain why she is there. Esteban interrupts her and says he knows that Acacia invited her to come and there is no problem. He will leave them alone now. He gets on his horse and rides away. Manuel wonders if there is a problem. Just that I can't stand him replies Acacia.

Juliana says farewell to Cris and will be back later with Norberto for lunch. Cris reminds her to think about her offer for German. She comes across Esteban coming in and gives him a nice peck on the cheek. Personally I think she wanted to plant it somewhere else and I can't blame the woman. I wouldn't mind planting one myself. On the kisser. Anyway, Esteban tells Cris that he loves her, can't stop thinking of her and there is no other woman for him. He leans in for a kiss and she is surprised by his display of affection. Don't you like it when I'm affectionate asks Esteban. Of course and I am glad that you still feel this way. Of course, from the first moment I saw you says Esteban. They smooch.

Manuel tells Acacia to stop thinking of her stepfather. They came here to have some fun. He goes after Luisa and pushes her into the lake and tries with Acacia but she begs him not to. She will go in herself. He says something sweet to her that I couldn't hear and they hug. You can see the jealousy coming out of Luisa's pores. She decides to splash the couple and tells them to come join her.

Cris brings Esteban some refreshment. She tells him that he will have to quit soon since they will be having company coming soon for lunch. He says he has lots of work to do, but she wants him to put it off for the afternoon. She and Acacia are heading into town for some girl bonding later on. He says he also has to go to attend to some business. Let's all go together? She agrees and they smooch again.

Manuel, Acacia and Luisa return to the hacienda. He admits he had a great time and suggests going again. Luisa, the third wheel, pipes up that it's a great idea. He has to go home and change, but will be back for lunch. He kisses Acacia goodbye and completely forgets to bid Luisa farewell. She waves sadly. She tells Acacia that she's going back to work in the kitchen with her grandmother. She walks off sadly and up comes Ana. She wonders if Acacia was serious about helping her. Of course says Acacia. Even though you know that I am a prostitute asks Ana. That doesn't change anything says Acacia. We all deserve a chance. I want another chance says Ana. I want to change but every time I try, things go bad. Acacia promises to help her.

Rosa is frantically trying to get lunch together when Luisa walks in. She apologizes for going off and leaving her. Didn't you have fun asks Rosa. You look so serious walking in. I'm tired from the swim replies Luisa.

Ana explains her escape and feels bad that she didn't stay to bury her brother. There was nothing else you could do says Acacia. The important thing is that you escaped. Ana hysterically says that is why I took the briefcase. That lowlife is probably looking everywhere for me. Acacia tells her to calm down. He will not find you here. I will never allow him to take you and suggests reporting him to the police. I can't says Ana. You have no idea what this man is capable of . He will send someone to kill me. Look what he did to me when I tried to leave the first time. She shows Acacia her scar on the side of her face. There are things that I can't tell you. It will put you in danger. She cries hysterically. Acacia tries to comfort her. She suggests Ana take a bath and she will bring her food. You can stay here for a few days until we can think of something. Ana wonders if her parents will be mad. Of course not says Acacia. My father is dead and I don't care what my stepfather says. I know my mom will not have a problem with you being here. She is a wonderful person.

German aka big sexy is changing clothes when Manuel comes knocking. German wonders how he fared with Acacia. Wonderful answers a smitten Manuel. I like her a lot and am thinking about dating her. Dad says you are not coming to lunch. Why? I have an appointment to sell the pigs. Didn't you do that yesterday asks Manuel. I just told dad that so I can go off and paint says German. But I really do have that appointment today. But tell my future sister-in-law that I’m glad she's back and will come see her soon. Manuel came to ask him a favor. His friend Ulysses, an architect, is in town and needs some pictures to be painted and he suggested him. Are you interested? Of course says German. He would be delighted.

Ana tells Acacia before being sold into prostitution, she went to school and knows how to read and write. If you give me work....but Acacia stops her. She thinks Ana should rest for a couple of days after everything she has been through. She gives her a dress to change into. Knock on the door and Acacia tells Ana to go change in the bathroom. Acacia opens the door and it's Cris. She came to find out how her outing went. Didn't Esteban tell you asks Acacia. He came to bother me. I don't want him in my business. You need to tell him that. Cris doesn't understand. How did he bother you? I took Luisa with me and the capataz told him. I don't understand why it's such a big deal for her to come. She is my friend and it never was a problem in the past. Don't worry says Cris. He knows that Rosa and Luisa are like family to us. Did he ask you to have Luisa come back and work? No, but if he insisted I would never have allowed it replies Acacia. So talk to him and tell him not to talk to me. She then stomps her foot. Well...not really. But she's acting like a 2 year old and that would have completed the picture. Cris reminds her that she promised to try and get along with Esteban. He has always cared for you. Don't you remember the gifts he left you at the window when you were little? Or how he taught you to take care of Palomino? Ana comes out of the bathroom and Acacia introduces her to Cris. She had some problems and I told her that she could come and stay with us for a few days. Cris thought she knew all of Acacia's friends and asks if she went to the same school. Ana tries to answer but Acacia says she will tell her later. In walks Luisa to let Cris know her guests have arrived. Acacia can't believe they have already arrived. She hasn't bathed or gotten her war paint on. Cris says no worries. Just get ready quickly. I will be waiting for you both. Ana nervously shakes her head and grabs Acacia's hand. Acacia says Ana just came from a long trip and wants to rest instead. Cris wonders if everything is okay. Of course answers Acacia. We were talking and that is why I am late. But I will get ready now. Cris welcomes Ana to her home and leaves. Luisa just stares at Ana and then leaves. Ana feels bad for keeping Acacia from getting ready but she tells Ana not to worry. Ana wants to know who is Esteban? My mothers husband answers Acacia. I can't stand him but my mother adores him.

Luisa offers the guests a drink. Norberto wants a tequila and when she calls Manuel by his name and asks what he would like to drink, Juliana jumps down her throat. Juliana says Luisa should address him as Joven Manuel. Manuel sticks up for Luisa and says all that nonsense is old school. They have known each other since kids and are friends. That was when you were young replies Juliana. You are now a man and now one of the owners of the most important fincas in Soto. You understand me girl don't you? Luisa runs off crying. Cris sticks up for Luisa and reminds Juliana their conversation just this morning about class and how that is not important anymore. Norberto grabs Juliana and gives her the look. The look says zip it woman! Manuel reminds her that they are their to celebrate Acacia's return. Esteban agrees and says we need to celebrate the return of my lady's daughter.

Ana is nervous. Your mother thinks we have known each other for years and I know nothing about you. Acacia says she and her mother will be going into town later today. I will buy you some clothes and this evening tell you a little bit about me in case someone asks you. Ana thanks her for everything she is doing for her. She will never forget. No, thank you Ana replies Acacia. Ana says that she doesn't want to be called that anymore. It was what that guy called me. She wants to be called by her middle name Alejandra. Acacia thinks its a great name and she should use it now that she is starting a new life.

Rosa asks Luisa what's the matter? Ever since that outing this morning, you have a long face. What happened? Luisa says you know how I feel about Manuel. His mother doesn't like it that we are such great friends. Rosa warned her. We are not the same. I tried to avoid having you experience this pain. I am glad you now realize that that guy is not for you. Luisa says it hurts and will make things a bit more difficult. Manuel defended me. He doesn't care about classes. Rosa doesn't want Luisa to suffer.

Luisa brings drinks in and Manuel smiles at her. Acacia comes in and Norberto is surprised at first then welcomes her. Juliana gives her a hug. She runs to her mother and gives her a hug. Esteban wants to toast for the return of the she-devil aka Acacia. Even though she doesn't want me in her life, she came back to the love of her mother. I hope the love that I feel for your mother will one day unite us. Nothing will make me happier then to see you both united replies Cris. Salute yells Manuel. He grabs Acacia's hand and pulls her away. She begs him to stay with her. She feels disgusted to be around Esteban. I want to shout at him that I will never accept him and to leave. But my mother loves him so much. Manuel tells her to forget about it and talk about something else. She wonders what the town says about Esteban. Manuel says no one talks of Esteban anymore. Since your mother never cared what was said, it finally died down. So what do they say of him now asks Acacia. They all have respect for him replies Manuel. They all say how happy he and your mom are. He goes and pulls Cris away from Esteban and wants a picture of her and Acacia together. They smile at the camera and Esteban stares creepily at them.

Cris and Acacia are enjoying an Italian ice in town. They talk about Alonso. Acacia thought Cris had forgotten all about him. Never replies Cris. We were a good couple and together we had you and formed a great family. I still don't understand why he had to die says Acacia. We all think that says Cris. But I have learned we all have to move forward. Yes, like how quickly you moved on with Esteban replies Acacia. Perhaps you are right says Cris. Do you think things would have been different if I had waited longer to marry Esteban? At the end of the day, I am the one responsible not Esteban. Why did you fall in love asks Acacia. It's hard to explain answers Cris. It's just something you feel. Maybe when you fall in love, you will understand. I always liked how Esteban treated you as a child. I can say millions of good things about him but I think you trying to get along with him is best. You will see. They get up to leave and in comes Esteban yelling at a young cutie. He's upset the cutie walked off when he was talking. Esteban tells him that his project won't start up and if he doesn't like it, he can leave town. The cutie doesn't care what Esteban is saying. Esteban tells the guy he has been warned. The cutie says likewise. Esteban tells the women it's time to leave. Acacia tells her mom that she still has a few more things to buy and to send someone from the hacienda to pick her up later. Esteban tries to put his foot down. Cris says to let her stay if she wants. Acacia warns Esteban not to interfere in her decisions. He and Cris leave. The cutie turns away and sees a lady selling scarves. He buys a red one and returns to Acacia. He hopes he didn't cause her any problems. You must think I’m a hooligan. On the contrary answers Acacia. You are the first one to confront Esteban since I have been back. Everyone does what he says except you. He introduces himself as Ulysses. She wonders why they were arguing. I am an architect with a project that the city approved but Senior Dominguez doesn't like. He wonders how she knows Esteban. I don't want to talk about him replies Acacia. I also can't stand him. Ulysses offers to buy her a drink.

Esteban and Cris walk into the house with him yelling that she should never have allowed her daughter to stay in town alone. Cris says it's been awhile since she was here and it's normal for her to want to see old places and people. Esteban keeps at it which annoys Cris. Finally he relents and asks her to forgive him. That guy put me in a bad mood. I understand but neither I nor Acacia are at fault points out Cris.

Acacia and Ulysses are yapping it up. He finds out that she lives at Benaventa. So Esteban is your father and owner of the hacienda? No answers Acacia. My mother is the owner and he is just my mother's husband. I don't want to talk about him.

Manuel asks Norberto if he were to work harder at the hacienda will be not send him away to study? Perhaps replies Norberto. Why do you want to stay? Is it because of Acacia? Yes in part replies Manuel. Well I would be happy if you two got together. But remember she is not like the other girls. If you date her, it will be serious.

Acacia tells Ulysses that she still misses her father. I feel the same way replies Ulysses. He also lost his father. He know lives with his brother and mother. It was not easy but she educated us and gave us great memories of my father. How can you be happy asks Acacia. I still feel such deep pain over the death of my father. Think about all the beautiful things life has given you answers Ulysses. Life may have taken him from you but it has also surrounded you with those that love you. He hopes that he can help her feel less sad. I hardly know you but you have made me feel better says Acacia. Ulysses wants to keep seeing her.

Luisa tells Cris that she took Acacia's friend some food and she ate it all. Esteban walks in while the ladies are talking of Ana. She brought a friend he asks. He asks Luisa to leave so that he can talk to Cris alone. He wonders why Ana never came to eat with them or went to town. She's tired from her long journey and I wanted to be alone with my daughter. Esteban came to ask her forgiveness for the way he acted. He doesn't want to ever fight. You use to say that when I would buy you expensive gifts and you would walk away angry. But I always came back asking you to forgive me says Esteban. She laughs and says you always said it was okay to fight as long as the making up part came quickly. That is why I am here and they smooch some more.

Ulysses wants to get to know the town better and wonders if she will show him. It's been a long time since I have been here replies Acacia. They talk a bit about the places they have been and he wants to take her to a place that is special to him in the country. She agrees.

German aka big sexy gets onto Manuel for spending his money betting on cock fights. If you don't want to work then accept dad's offer to send you to school in the capital. I don't want to replies Manuel. You know how dad is. He has his ideas. For example with your painting. If he finds out, he will kill you. Speaking of that, I need to give you my friends number, the one that wants you to paint for him. His name is Ulysses Torres.

Ulysses offers to take her to the hacienda but a worker already came for her. He asks for her number. She puts it into his phone and he quickly calls her phone so that she has his number. He promises to pick her up tomorrow.

Ana stares at the picture her brother drew. Knock on the door and it's Cris. She wants to make sure that Ana is doing well. Her daughter told her that she had a problem with her family. Yes, but I don't want to talk about that right now replies Ana. I prefer that you call me Alejandra. That is my other name. I don’t want to cause any problems and if you want I can leave. No, if you are friends with my daughter and she invited you then stay say Cris. I will have the maid get a room ready for you. Do your parents know where you are? I can no longer count on my parents answers Ana aka Alejandra. So who takes are of you asks Cris. Please have confidence in me. I feel something bad has happened to you. Alejandra admits the person responsible for her was not a good person and starts crying. Cris offers her a hug.

Acacia asks Manuel for a favor. She understands that his father is looking for a secretary and wondered if he will hire her friend. Manuel agrees to talk to his dad but she has to stay for dinner.

Esteban and Cris are eating dinner and he points out that it's dark and Acacia has not returned. Cris informs him that she is eating dinner at her compardes house. Anyway Manuel is like a brother to her. Juliana commented that since the kids are so close that perhaps they will end up novios. Only because she can't stand Luisa to be near her son replies Esteban. Perhaps your right answers Cris. Juliana thinks differently when it comes to that. I remember what she told Luisa today and remember how she looked at me when I was just a simple worker here says Esteban. She has accepted you just like Norberto has points out Cris. I hope the same happens with Luisa. I agree says Esteban. I saw how Manuel treated Luisa down by the river. I think his interest is more than just friendship.

Luisa comments to Rosa that she finds Alejandra strange. She is always covering up her face with her hair. And if she really is Acacia's friend it's impossible for her not to know who I am. They talk some more and it turns to Manuel. Rosa says you can never be happy in life if you don't know your station.

Acacia comes home to find Esteban and Cris smooching some more. Esteban rudely asks where she has been. They were getting worried. Acacia ignores him and tells Cris she will tell her later how her evening went. Esteban decides to leave to get some work done. Cris wonders what's the matter. Acacia didn't like seeing her being affectionate with Esteban. He's my husband replies Cris. She asks Acacia how she met her friend. I met her by my house one day replies Acacia. Why? What did she tell you? Cris recounts her conversation with Ana aka Alejandra. Acacia says she wants to start a new life here. I promised to help her. I agree says Cris. She needs lots of love and between the two of us, we will make sure she gets it.

Manuel tells Norberto about Acacia's friend who is looking for work. He begs him to hire her. I want to be in her good graces. Norberto agrees.

Ulysses is working and picks his phone up and calls Acacia. She picks up and he tells her he was thinking of her. I was thinking of you too admits Acacia. I was just telling my mother about you. I told her that we are going out tomorrow. They sign off. Acacia admits she met a wonderful guy. Cris wants to know more. She says it finally seems Acacia will be falling in love.

German looks at the picture he drew of Ana aka Alejandra. Knock on the door and it's Norberto. Before he enters, German quickly hides his drawings. He tells German, that he has an appointment tomorrow. A girl will be coming for the secretarial position. Her name is Alejandra. This is a favor for Acacia.

Yes!! the gods are listening and I get a lovely view of Esteban's naked torso. Cris comes in and asks if he knows a guy named Ulysses Torres. Of course replies Esteban. It's that idiot I argued with in town. Acacia started talking to him...but Cris doesn't finish. Esteban angrily says he told her not to let Acacia stay in town. That guy is a jerk. He wants to build a commercial building in the park. I don't think the city officials will let him replies Cris. Who knows how he got them to accept says Esteban. He could be corrupt.

Acacia tells Alejandra about meeting Ulysses and how wonderful he is. Alejandra says it all sounds good but be careful. They seem great at first but could be despicable. Acacia tells her not to worry. She brought her some clothes in case she gets the job. Alejandra thanks her and says her friend Luisa came by thinking Alejandra knew all about her. Acacia explains that she and Luisa have been friends since they were kids. She practically knows everything about me. But I will tell her tomorrow all about you. Alejandra gets nervous and tells her not to. No one should know abut her. If that guy finds her here, everyone could be in danger. I am sure he will kill me. I beg you not to tell anyone about me.

Esteban starts his rant about Ulysses plans and how it will ruin everything. Ulysses wanted him to hear about his plans as if he had time. Please talk to Acacia and warn her about him. She won't listen to me. Cris agrees.

The next day and German gets ready to receive the new girl. It's the one from town that he drew.
Alejandra.

Cris tells Acacia that Ulysses is not a good guy. She says he wants to build a commercial building that it will ruin the air and destroy the park. He doesn't care as long as he makes money.

German can't believe Alejandra is there. Alejandra says she doesn't know him and tries to walk away. He grabs her and says he saw her in the park the other day. She looked so sad. Do I have to talk about my personal life in order to get the job asks Alejandra. No, I just wanted to get to know you better replies German. You came well recommended by Acacia. She is a good friend of mine. Ever mind, take a seat and we will talk about the job.

Ulysses gets ready for his outing and Acacia drives up. He tries to kiss her hello but she pushes him away. She says she will never go anywhere with him. She found out he wants to destroy the town park.

Monday: Acacia starts falling in love with Ulysses; Ulysses shows up at the house which angers Esteban; Cris doesn't feel well and faints



Labels:


Comments:
I'm back!!!! I promised by hubby and kids that I would take a break but just couldn't stay away. I am really loving this novela even though it is a little dark. Sorry for the long recap but it's the beginning and I hate leaving anything out in case it is important later. Enjoy!!
 

Oh Gloria, am simply thrilled you are back!

I was completely riveted by your recap, it was (as always) well written and you capture the mood of each scene perfectly. Please tell your family that we are delighted you are recapping again and we are very appreciative.

It takes me time to learn who everyone is yet I was able to follow along. This was spectacular.

"Personally I think she wanted to plant it somewhere else and I can't blame the woman. I wouldn't mind planting one myself. On the kisser" and "Acacia can't believe they have already arrived. She hasn't bathed or gotten her war paint on were among many, many favorites.

Juliana is sharpening her talons, isn’t she? But of course, anyone who would marry Norberto would not be brimming with sweetness and light. It’s amazing how well Manuel and German turned out – well at least so far (something unsettled feelings about Manuel e.g. cock fighting so we'll see)…

Luisa appears to be in for some heartbreak. Likely Manuel will be as well as Ulysses has certainly captivated Acacia's interest.

Thus far, I feel Esteban wears a rather bland facial expression most of the time. That is not a criticism at all. His blank look paves the way for what he is thinking open to interpretation - I can't really tell what he is thinking most of the time. At this point, I am choosing to believe he does not have any untoward feelings towward Acacia and that he really does love Cris. I have to believe this because all 3 characters are good, right??

That beanie moment aside, I am looking forward to Ana building a life and being happy. If I ever see Danilo again, it will be too soon.

Of course, Cris' collapse does not look good.

Gloria, so happy you are here with the amazing Madelaine. Thanks again.

Diana
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Great job, Gloria. Glad you're on this team.

Christian Meier is attractive but rather bland in my book. I hate the idea of him being attracted to that brat of a stepdaughter. I'm starting to wonder whether she will try to seduce him away from her mother just to prove her point.

Alejandra is walking right into the mouth of hell and doesn't know it. It can't be long before she runs into Norberto.

 

Thank you, Gloria, I loved all the details and your interpretation of the facts.
This is one truly dark telenovela and I'm enjoying it more every day.
We have enough romantic stories to choose from, I can totally go for a twisted one and La Malquerida seems to be the best fit.
How lucky is Esteban, huh? Having the hots for the daughter and here is the mother, ready to be loved. Yucky, but it's just a story.
The guy is something else, and I believe this is just the beginning.

So far I find Luisa kind of grating and her grandma is very annoying, too.
Alejandra's story has won me over, though, I can't wait to see if she manages to keep Norberto and Danilo away from her.

 

Gloria:

I am so very happy you are here. I have always loved your recaps and so enjoyed this one.

I thought Esteban just looked a little shocked when he saw Acacia down by the river. I also think he felt left out with the picture taking. Of course, Acacia constantly spews her hate and discontent. Why shouldn't Esteban kiss Cris? I am beginning to think Acacia wants him to kiss her. I know yukki, but I get that vibe from her.

I too want Alejandra to avoid Norberto at all costs. If she happens to see him, she'll bolt. The poor thing has suffered enough. I'm hoping maybe she'll tell German what happened to her and he'll protect her.

That Juliana is a real tool isn't she? I too think she wanted to kiss Esteban on the lips. She was ever so close. She's been around Norberto far too long.

So could Esteban's dislike of Uyllses have to do with ruining a green space. I remember a couple episodes ago, he and Norberto were talking about this construction.

Thanks so much Gloria for joining me here to recap this TN and thank your hubby and kids and we delighted as Diana said that you are recapping again.
 

Mads, I think you're right. Ulysses' project would ruin a park and possibly present other issues that the area isn't prepared to deal with.

Juliana seems to have gone over to the dark side herself. She may have been tired of fighting Norberto. However, she is still protecting her artistic son from him. It will be interesting to see where all this goes.
 

Thanks Gloria! I agree with your nickname for German aka "big sexy." Juliana is such a snob so far. I felt sorry for Luisa for how she was treated. I noticed back in the first episode when little Luisa called Cristina "Cristi" Juliana snarled in disgust, so this is a long standing prejudice. However, Juliana doesn't seem completely evil yet, since she loves her sons and protects German's secret, but give it time.

Cassandra G.
 

Thanks, Gloria! I look forward to reading your recaps.

I really liked "She hasn't bathed or gotten her war paint on." War paint is about right. Wow she's an angry girl.

Adriana Noel: I'm kind of enjoying the dark tone as well.
 

Madelaine, Esteban IS jealous! He is a lecher. Reminds me Woody Allen and Mia's daughter. He raised her since she was 7 but started an affair when she was 17 and today they are married. Not cool
Romy
 

Gloria - Thanks. It's great to be getting your recaps again. So glad you joined Madelaine. But I can't imagine how you explain this twisted story to your hubby and kids. :D

At this point, I'm still testing the waters on this TN. So far, I like Ana/Alejandra and Cris. But Esteban gives me the creeps. He cares too much about what Acacia thinks of him and what she does.
 

Thanks Mads and Gloria for all the recaps! I had gotten behind in the novela and have finally caught up.

I'm liking this novela a lot. I was so-so on it after the first episode because of how dark it was. It is still dark but I have gotten hooked on this novela.

What is up with El Rubio and Manuel/Manolo's hair?

Estaban staring at Acacia's nude body was very creepy.

So is Ulises a good or bad guy? He doesn't seem bad.

I'm glad Ana Alejandra was able to escape and is as the hacienda now. I'm glad that Acacia has offered to help her. Acacia is not so bad after all. I wish she'd get over Cris marrying Esteban though. Her constant rants about Esteban are annoying. She needs to get over it already!
 

That she hasn't gotten over it after what, ten years? isn't realistic. Especially growing up with abuelos who approved of the marriage. This is completely inconsistent with her willingness to help Ana Alejandra.
 

Romy hit the nail on the head for me with the Woody Allen reference. I wish I could get passed the creep factor in this story but I fear it is only going to get worse.

I've got no problem with a TN tackling taboo subjects I'm watching one with a priest in love with the woman his brother loves and a character who had an abortion but this borderline incest along with sex slave trading is a lot to cram into a story and do it well.

Oh well time will tell.
 

Urban:

You are so right about Juliana. She is still protecting her son. I think this park issue has gotten Esteban's goat. Even Acacia wasn't happy to hear it would ruin the park.

Romy:

I really don't think that Esteban is jealous. Why is Acacia so jealous? She goes off whenever he is in the room, he kisses her Mama or talking to him. He has never done anything to hurt her. So why the attitude? Cris didn't marry Esteban until Alonso had been dead for two years.

Neice:

I like Alejandra too. I want her never to have to deal with Danilo ever again or Perla for that matter. I want her to get her self esteem back and fight, so that she will never be afraid again.

Maurico:

I am glad you are still watching. Acacia wasn't nude. She till had her shorts on. I think he was shocked seeing her like that.

Urban:

I so agree with what you said, why hasn't she gotten over her Mom's marriage. It makes no sense. Acacia is so very rude, she can't even be civil when he is in the room, keeps telling him to dump her Mom. Esteban and Cris didn't marry until Alonzo had been dead for two years. Esteban and Acacia were close before the marriage and I have to say, I think she is the jealous one. We'll see if I'm right as this goes on. I think Esteban is just looking out for her. He can't stand Norberto and doesn't want to see Acacia married to Manuel, although Manuel doesn't seem that bad. We'll have to see.
 

Oh no Madelaine, another JL situation between us, lol, You are defending him but my dear, no stepfather should feel this possessive about a stepdaughter that you did not raise and who hates your guts. She has a mother whose job it is to watch out for her. Plus, Acacia is at least 20 if not more he needs butt out of her business. I agree Acacia should not feel so strongly against the marriage after all this time but I think he's interested in her as a woman but quisas maybe I am wrong.
Romy
 

This wouldn't be the first novela with VR in this predicament.

Granted, the situation in Abrazame Muy Fuerte was a little different, but definitely creepier. Her character -- also named Cristina -- was married to the story's villain. He had evil intentions toward her daughter whom he knew since birth and watched grow up.
 

I wish they would make up their minds on what to call Brandon Peniche's character. At first I thought Manuel and Manolo were two different characters. Now I know they are the same person. But is annoying to hear him being called by both names. Either you are called Manuel or Manolo but not both. If they want to call him using a nickname then they should call him Manny.
 

I agree, Maurice, but for a different reason. I happen to despise nicknames. I find them condescending. As much as I hate the name I was given the one thing I do like about it is that there are no nicknames associated with it.
 

Gloria- What a fantastic recap! This was the first complete episode of this tn that I watched. I was so happy to finally see German, and then to see him and Ana/Alejandra meet. I really hope the writers keep Norberto away from the office for a long time so that Alejandra at least has the opportunity to breathe easy for a bit, before she has to go into a panic again about being found.

I really like how Cris was not totally buying Alejandra's story, but how she also opened her arms and house to her, recognizing that the girl needs protection (even without knowing the whole story).

So far I like how many of the characters are not black or white. Acacia obviously has unresolved issues around her father's death and her mother's 2nd marriage, and acts out about it in the worst way. But she is also not a snob or class-conscious, and wants to help people. Manolo is also not class-conscious, but he also seems a bit shiftless.

Sorry Mads, but I am also definitely getting the vibe that Esteban is attracted to Acacia as a woman, and his hovering is not fatherly. He may not even realize yet himself, and he's trying to fight the feeling.

As for Ulises. I think if you ask a lot of people on either side of the development vs nature preservation argument, they will say the other side is the enemy. Does it make one side evil and the other side good? I don't think so. I'm sure both sides have valid arguments to support their case. And I'm sure there are people on either side who only care about their personal interests and personal gain. I don't think we know enough yet about the motivations of the people on either side. It seems to me like both Ulises and Esteban think they are on the side of what is good and right.
 

"...but I am also definitely getting the vibe that Esteban is attracted to Acacia as a woman, and his hovering is not fatherly. He may not even realize yet himself, and he's trying to fight the feeling.""

I get the impression that he hasn't seen her for almost 10 years, either. It's not like she was around. It must be difficult for him to reconcile the 12(ish) year-old that left and the very attractive 22 year old who returned.

Is it icky? Yes, it is. But he's male and human. He still seems very attracted to Cristina and Acacia is her daughter after all.
 

Not that I meant the comment above to be an excuse for his behavior.

It's icky. punto.
 

Sara- Yes. You are right that Esteban did not see Acacia grow up. She left when she was a girl, and from what it sounds like, Cris went to her parents' home (alone) to visit Acacia over the years. Esteban even asked her why she hadn't shown him a more recent picture of Acacia. He was so shocked she had grown up so much (and grown into such a hottie). So no, he wasn't around her each day being a true step-father/father-figure to her. And as you point out, he IS a man. But it doesn't reduce the ick factor, especially when he gets the faraway look in his eyes when he's looking at her (either naked or clothed).
 

"...especially when he gets the faraway look in his eyes when he's looking at her."

Yeah, that's a totally icky look and I have to wonder if that's what the director told him to do or if that's just his natural facial expression.

I like Christian Meier. He seems so sincere with Cristina that I can definitely see his appeal as a galan, but man is it gross when he's mooning over Acacia.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Wow! The weekend is more than half over. Did I forger about La Malquerida? No, not at all just a lot going on and starting next week it will be two novelas for me. Don't know how I will do it but Maite Perroni is a MUST!

Thanks Gloria---very detailed, you didn't miss a thing. The Caray people are so professional
you guys rock.

Esteban ogling a naked Acacia in the bushes? I was thinking what novela version are they watching?
It's not the same version that I saw. Esteban did have a dumb look on his face when he saw Acacia in her swimwear but I think that he has had that dumb look on his face several times already---I'm
not impressed with this guy as a galan.

Norberto really wants the Rancho Benavente. I think that Chris doesn't have a clue.
Actually---I think that Christina may be in danger as sole owner of the ranch. If she dies and Acacia is married to one of Norberto's sons??? Well you can see where that could lead. And to say the least, Esteban would be tossed out on his ear.

At first I thought that Juliana was a nice lady having to put up with the tyrant that she married but her true colors came out Friday when she ripped into poor Luisa. WOW!!! Upper class snobs. Are they all like that in Mexico?
I know that the "high class" often look down their noses at the "peasant class" pretty much all over the world but it isn't all that bad here. Poor Luisa, what a humiliation. I really feel for her.

Urban said it and I said it one or two episodes back. Alejandra is definitely not out of danger.
The tyrant Norberto is bound to see and recognize her and when he does, all hell will break loose.
What I would just love to see when the fireworks go off is Alejandra outing Norberto in front of Juliana as a regular patron of the local bordello. Wouldn't that be great? Please writers make it happen.

Will Esteban go after Acacia as some have suggested? I'm not sure but if he does it will be a trick by Acacia and his undoing. He has no title to anything. He had better be careful, he just might be walking on eggshells.

Question---Who is El Rubio and where does he fit in?

Two guys chasing after Acacia, Manuel Norberto's son and the architect. This could get interesting.
the gringo

 

As someone mentioned before, the casting department did an excellent job casting Ariadne (Acacia) and Victoria (Cris) as mother and daughter. Both petite, dark haired, green eyed, and with a penchant for getting weepy in their tns.
 

Gringo- Uni edited the scene. They didn't show what was shown in Mexico, where the audience saw Acacia's naked backside, and Esteban clearly ogling her.
 

Gringo- El Rubio is the capataz on the hacienda. He's basically what Esteban was before he became the "patron." El Rubio is the boss of the other hacienda workers. He does not appear to be connected by family to any of the characters so far.
 

Thanks as always Vivi.
the gringo
 

Mads, I agree that Acacia's anger toward Estebonbn is irrational. She had a big crush on him when she was young. It seems the underlying reason for her attitude towards him is jealousy.
 

Hmmm. When her father died she was 12ish, right?

The beginning of puberty had probably begun. It's very possible she had a crush on Esteban and his interest in Cristina and Acacia's feelings about that and the death of her father are wrapped up in all kinds psychological issues.

Any thoughts on this, Urban?
 

Acacia said she was 9 when she left the hacienda. Cris married Esteban 3 years after Alonso died. I think it said it was 2005 when Alonso died on his tombstone.
 

BTW does anyone know want is meant by the word Malquerida?
 

*what not want
 

Mauricio- There doesn't seem to be an English word that's an exact translation of malquerida/o. Meanings include: unloved; unpopular; ill-loved (badly loved); person or thing with a bad reputation.
 

Romy:

Oh, noes amiga. I'm just trying to point out, that other than staring at her backside he hasn't made any moves on her. Until he attempts that I will believe he was just shocked to see her by the river like that. In other words I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until or unless he makes a move and then I'll change my mind.

Sara:

Acacia was 9 when her Papa died, not twelve. She was ten or eleven when she left the hacienda, because Cris and Esteban married years after Alonso died.

Vivi:

Maybe, but I'm not getting that vibe from Esteban. I'll wait to see what happens there.

Susanlynn:

I'm getting the same vibe you are getting about Esteban and Acacia. The big clue is Acacia demanding that she wants Esteban to give up Cris and not to kiss her or touch her in front of Acacia. It's irrational to do that, unless she is eaten up by jealousy.
 

If Acacia was 9 when Alonso died in 2005 that would make her 18 now and not yet in university.

All her resentment is definitely caught up in unresolved issues about her father's death and her crush on Esteban during the same era. But she should have gotten over the latter ages ago.
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Acacia was 9 when her father died. Cris and Esteban started to save the hacienda and they're worked hard for one year. Acacia was 10.
Later, Cris finally married Esteban after 2 years. So, 3 years after father died, right? Acacia was 12 when she left the hacienda after Cris married Esteban.
After 10 years, and Acacia has graduated from University. So now she's 22. That's what I think.

P.S. Mads and Gloria, I want to say thank you, thank you, and thank you so much!!! My Spanish is not good, and it's truly helped me alot. SO THANK YOU AGAIN!
 

If she's 22 that makes it even more strange that she isn't over this.
 

Urban,
Yeah I know, I agree with you. But today we'll see something bad with Cris, maybe Acacia will see how Esteban is worried and sweetly taking care of her, if something bad happens to Cris. And so maybe Acacia will open her eyes (I hope) that Esteban really really loves her mama. Aaaaand I don't think that Acacia is jeaulous, she just hates him, but of course I have no idea why...
 

jealous*
Sorry for that.
 

Is anyone on the Caray team going to start La Gata tonight?
the gringo
 

Gringo,
Kat (La Diva del Desierto) and I are covering La Gata. I look forward to watching with you!
 

I'll probably try the opening episode of that but I can't promise I'll watch. Daniel Arenas didn't impress me in CI (which was mostly the writers' fault) but the sight of that garbage dump was beyond depressing.
 

I will give La Gata a try, but I agree that a dirty Maite in a dump is a little grim , and right now , I need some cheer
 

I'll take a look at La Gata also.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder