Wednesday, September 24, 2014

La Malquerida #22: 9/23/14: Trouble, Trouble

Hola Amiguis! This will be a short and sweet recap. Things went by quickly and I had a hard time getting everything. Here is a little earworm.Trouble

Shall we begin?

Acacia has come to see Esteban to let him know what happened, but she's too slow and he goes off on her. The only part she's gotten out is that she wasn't able to fulfill that bidnez deal with the cotten. He isn't waiting he goes off. What is it with these guys.

                                            OKay Esteban, shut up for just a tic. I can't hear myself berating you!

Meanwhile Ulses is receiving some type of diploma in a ceremony but Acacia won't be there, she went to see Esteban and Cris about that happened at the Hacienda. Carmen and Art will go. They do go and This Committee gives him the Diploma,congrate him on his use of green technology and also a check, Good Deal!

Cris finally comes to see Acacia and Cris gets Este under control. He finally knows about the fire. Este really wants to know why no one caught the fire earlier. After all Rubio was supposed to give Acacia help, which we all know he didn't. Este wants to know if anyone was hurt? Well yes, says Acacia, she ran in to save the cotton, ran into trouble and Ulises saved her and also Manuel who was badly injured. Now Este knows what is up. This is a huge loss of pesos about a million dollars worth and also Manuel's hospital bills and therapy. Acaica tells them what happened to Manuel's arm.

Norbie at this time is in the hospital with Manuel who is sleeping and he so doesn't want to see his son suffer, he loves him so much. He started this fire and Manuel wakes up and goes off on Norbie. Instant Karma. Norbie swears Manuel to secrecy. But now Manuel says Acacia , in trouble for this. Norbie is an idiot and says now get Acacia to marry you. Manuel says that he'll need help with that cause she's with Ulisses.

Este calls Nobie at Cris' urging no answer at the Finca, the Association, and his cell.

Norbie is still yelling at Manuel, Manuel says he doesn't want to marry Acacia for money, he loves her. Norbie thinks more bidnez will come his way, due to Este through Acacia messing up this deal. After all he can marry Acacia, get control of the Hacienda and then no more school, in other words days of cock fighing and drinking. Norbie is an idiot. Jules comes and is worried about Manuel. The doctor's prognosis is Manuel may get movement in his arm back, but as for his hand, probably never. Jules tells him to be strong. Manuel is having a coniption fit and the threapy nurse comes to do therapy on his arm.

Rosa finds out that Luisa skipped school due to Rubio being a metchie. Luisa tells Rosa she went to see Manuel at the hosptial. Rosa also finds out there is nothing between Luisa and Manuel and Rubio is all over Luisa. Also Ale talked to Luisa about Manuel.

Este's reputation will be hurt at the Association for what happened at his Hacienda with the fire and the way the aftermath was handled. It could cost them a pretty penny. They may lose the hacienda? I think that's what I heard. Cris and Este will be hiring a lawyer.

Ale tells German a bit of what happened to her as a child. About her and her brother, how the family didn't have money to pay for treatment for him and he died. She hasn't broached the subject of Dany, yet. But German is grateful for this. Ale also tells German she is moving to the Hacienda. He will miss her and the coffee and breakfasts they share.

Este and Acacia are walking the beach and he begs her pardon for going off on her. He tells her she was very brave. Cris also said that Ulises and Manuel were very brave to go after Acacia. Cris is also happy that they have worked out the problem.

Yew! Memo and Rubio are hanging out, Rubio claims he feels bad for not helping Acacia more. Memo says lets go to the cantina. Rubio not so much. They go elsewhere.

Meanwhile German has gone to visit Manuel. All Manuel tells him is he working on getting Acacia back. German is like yo dude, did you forget about Ulises? Manuel almost lets slip about Norbie and the fire. Also Manuel tries to say that Ulises is reponible for the fire and he's after money and Acacia's land. German thinks he's a not the sharpest tool in the drawer, Ulises saved both Acacia and Manuel, how about that!

Ale brings Norbie some papers to sign. It looks like Dany and some woman are in the hopital I don't know if this is another hallucination of Ale's. Norbie sees the look of terror on her face and asks her what is wrong. He gives her a stare.

Oh Norbie wants Jules to come back home toot suite. He will be having money soon and he grabs her arm again.

Perls is in the house of happy endings. Memo and Rubio arrive for some female companonship. Memo wants Perls of course and Rubo grabs another girl. Dany comes and moves Memo over. Dany mentions to Perls about the Turquesa's claws.

Meanwhile Ale is packing her things to go to the Hacienda. Before Ale leaves she prays to the Scared Heart of Jesus picture and asks him to watch over her and protect her from Dany.

Cris and Acacia are going to turn in. They are all leaving Manana to take care of this mess. Este comes in the room and gives Acacia a hug. Before it gets too intense, he leaves and talks to Cris and says he is leaving for home now. Cris and Acacia will be leaving Manana.


AVANCES:

The whole family is back at the Hacienda.

Jules wants to tell Cris all about German's true Papa.
Este confronts Norbie about the fire!

Labels:


Comments:
Mads- Excellent recap! I'm surprised you didn't title it "Three's a Crowd," because that honeymoon suddenly became an awkward threesome, and that's NOT a honeymoon. No wonder Este was all, "Hell no! I got to get out of here!" when Cris informed him that the airline workers were still on strike and they would still be stuck paradise/hell. And there's Acacia, sleeping right in the next room, wearing Cris' negligee, and constantly hugging Este (stop it, Acacia!). I even felt pity for the dude.

Not sure why Acacia didn't first mention the fire, but Este also shouldn't have gone off on her like that. I'm glad Cris was able to calm everyone down and get them all thinking about next steps. One of the reasons Este was so eager to get in touch with the buyer is because they are going to have to pay a huge fine to him for defaulting on their cotton delivery. Between the loss of the profits from the sale and the complete loss of the cotton crop, paying the fine, making the repairs, AND paying for Manuel's healthcare, this is a HUGE financial hit for them. Damn that Norberto!

Speaking of, he sure is something, turning his sin of maiming his son into an opportunity to further corrupt his son and use him for his own ambitions. He wants Manuel to use the guilt Acacia feels to worm his way into a relationship with her. Considering Ulises is a big obstacle (and Norbie helpfully pointed out that Manuel can't compete because he has no education and nothing going for him), I'm guessing Norbie is going to "help" by finding a way to get rid of Uli.

If Manuel continues to go along with this, he is dead to me. I don't care if he professes that he doesn't care about Acacia's money and that he loves her. You don't deceive and manipulate someone you love. She has been just as honest with him about her (lack of) feelings for him, as he was with Luisa (who has not admitted to Rosa that Manuel is not her novio).
 

Amiga, first of all, thank you for the divine screen shot of Este. May I just say that casting my eyes on this vision has brightened my day considerably.

Fabulous earworm. The recap was excellent Madelaine - I think you covered everything and in grand style as always.

"OKay Esteban, shut up for just a tic. I can't hear myself berating you!" was my absolute favorite along with "house of happy endings".

I loved the sea glass color of Este's shirt that coordinated with Cris' outfit. They seemed so happy until the fateful knock on the door...I'm sure the blissful moments of the honeymoon will quickly diminish.

Este saw how upset Acacia is and he couldn't wait to hear more than the first sentence? He is a hothead - quick to anger and jealousy.

There was something so sweet but sad at Ulises’ ceremony. I see heartbreak ahead (speculation only) for Ulises and Carmen, and a loveless future for Arturo (unless Luisa comes to her senses). Of course, in real life, I can’t imagine Arturo would be alone for a New York minute. Talented, excellent work ethic and a cutie to boot..

I was shocked to see Norbie who actually appeared to be upset in Manuel's room. I'm a bit confused by Manuel though. Does he really love Acacia? I thought he felt more than friendship but I wasn't aware it was the undying love he seems to now be professing.

The most upsetting moments have been Ale's torment in seeing Danilo everywhere. She is going to have a breakdown. I really hope she tells German the truth and seeks professional help before it's too late.

Memo should take Danilo's actions when he got too close to Perla seriously. Very seriously. He is out of his league and may very well be on the receiving end of Danilo's cruelty if he doesn't watch his step. Danilo actually rather frightens me.

It seemed that both Este and Acacia managed the handholding without much emotional turmoil. However, seeing Acacia in Cris' short, white nightgown was too much for him. (Acacia, perhaps a robe would have been in order?).

This will be some homecoming.

I am just loving this show.

Madelaine, thank you for another outstanding summary.

Diana
 

Ale looks like she's starting to lose her mind. For one, she hallucinated seeing Danilo again (this time with Perla). And second, she had German, aka Big Sexy, pleading with tears in his sad eyes, to stay with him that night (since Acacia was away anyway), and she turned him down! Que?! :)

I'm glad that she revealed a bit more about herself to German and told him about her brother.

I will be away the next few days, in South Carolina for work, but I look forward to catching up on the recaps and my recordings when I get back. Thanks again Mads and Gloria. You ladies are amazing!
 

Diana- Very good observation about Uli's family. Looks like all of their love lives will be ruined by Manuel's family. Juliana is coming after Carmen's man Andres, with a secret weapon in her back pocket- their child, German. Arturo can't get Luisa to look at him twice because she's so entranced by Manuel. And Uli will likely soon have Norberto gunning for him to clear the way for Manuel with Acacia. Maybe the three of them should just give up and step aside right now!
 

Vivi, enjoyed all of your comments.

"Speaking of, he sure is something, turning his sin of maiming his son into an opportunity to further corrupt his son and use him for his own ambitions" really reflected Norberto's grasping, unconsionable character. Yes - truly reprehensible.

I am afraid for Ulises now too.

Diana
 

Just read yesterday's comments. AuntyAnn, keeping John and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Diana
 

Good Morning Y'all

AuntyAnn:

I am keep John and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Vivi:

Thank you kindly. I had a hard time thinking of a title for this one. Cris though I really loved here. She was the voice of reason. Vivi we will miss you muchly.

If Manuel had any brains he would listen to German. German would take care of him and set him on the right road. Now he's just a pawn for Norbie.

Oh, and Acacia and the night gown I couldn't believe it, and all the hugging. I think maybe Este's internal stop button is working. Hmmmmm...

Diana:

I am glad you liked the pic, he is so yummy, and the song was just perfect.

I too am afraid for Uli. Look what Manuel's already done to the poor guy. Now with Norbie, look what happened to Alonso, Cris' first husband.

I didn't want to see Ale losing her mind, but Cris might be really good for her. Cris knows what happened to her and maybe she will convince Ale to get help. Ale has been through so much, I'm surprised she hasn't cracked before now.
 

Madelaine - Terrific recap as always. Great pic of Esteban. I have warmed up to him since the honeymoon.

I don’t blame Esteban one bit for going off on Acacia. The first words out of her mouth should have been “there was a fire.” Plus, maybe Esteban went angry instead of patient in order to tamp down his feelings for Acacia after that shirtless hug they just shared. Plus, Acacia has been annoying at times and not been yelled at, so she was overdue.

Nothing at all graphic about that ho-house scene, but it was gross all the same. So El Rubio has enough pride as capataz to feel bad about not being of help to Acacia and losing the cotton. But instead of trying to figure out what’s up, he’s going to let his cuz Meme suck him into Danilo’s world.

Manuel is such a mess and taking advice from Norberto, but he seems to have a heart in the way he treats Luisa. Will he tell German the truth?

So Danilo wasn’t really in the hospital? I thought it was real and that he was there for a prescription refill.

Vivi, have a good trip to South Carolina.
 

Sorry, I just don't see Christian Meier as remotely handsome. He's barely okay-looking, with his deep-set teeny tiny eyes which he's always squinting and his thin lips that are usually pursed in his perpetual, befuddled scowl. He'd make a better villain than a so-called galan.

Definitely different strokes for different folks, for sure!
 

Niece:

Thank you kindly.

Oh, I agree that ho house scene was gross. I am hoping that once Este gets back, he can told Rubio's feet to the fire and get him back to work away from Memo. Otherwise we would have too many bad guys.

Anon 11:31:

I wish you could have seen CM when he did Zorro. That's why I am so gaga over him. If I can find a clip of him in that, I will post it, and then check it out. Maybe you might change your mind ;)
 

Fine recap Madelaine, you covered everything.
I disagree with you however when you said that Este's eternal stop button working. I think that his stop button was working only because Cris was right in the next room.

The minute I saw Acacia in that negligee I knew that some way some how the writers would get Acacia's arms would end up around Esteban and BAM! it happened.

So are we starting to see the end of Ulises? Young Ulises is no match for the cold ruthless Norberto. Manuel is afraid of him
so I think that he will grin and bare it about his arm/hand and do his fathers bidding and win over Acacia who feels sorry for him at this point and will cave easily.
the gringo
 

Vivi, have fun in SC but hurry back!

Niecie, I really did think Danilo was in the hospital. He fooled me too. Shudder...

Madelaine, I would be very interested in seeing CM as Zorro.

Anon, as the character, Este does indeed stare and squint a great deal. At first, there seemed to be little emotion under his rather stonefaced surface. But, there have been a few key moments - the first when he cried and last night, when he acted as though Acacia had scorched his soul that his pain was fully displayed.

Esteban would be a good poker player overall as he is rather unemotional most of the time. I had a really tough time at first, trying to discern how he really felt. Now, it's clear he is torn and in agony.

Someone or something has got to give. I'm fascinated yet repelled by what that might be.

Diana
 

Anon 11:31 and Diana:

since I don't know how to do the links in the comment bo, I copied and pasted the link to the comment box. I order to see it just copy and paste it into your broswer, If the link doesn't start at the beginning, you can roll it back. This was the one with the horse and the trick. You may recognize some of the actors in this one, Arturo Pinche is bad, Harry Geithner too. Althouth Capitan Pizzaro Really isn't. Enjoy and here is the clip

http://youtu.be/ckHjQyZBGNQ
 

Oh, and the theme song Gitana was done by Alejandro Fernandez and Beyoncé.
 

Hi gringo.

Yes, I totally agree and am also very concerned for Uli. As Madeline reminded us, Norberto was responsible for Cris' husband's death. He wouldn't hesitate to get rid of Uli.

Not only is Uli a good person, but he and Acacia truly love each other. If heaven forbid something happens to him, Acacia will be devastated. It isn't a spoiler to say that we all know what forbidden fruit she will likely turn to for comfort.

Diana
 

Thanks so much Madelaine. I will look forward to viewing the clip at home. Appreciate it!

Diana
 

Gringo:

Thank you most kindly. What I should have said about Esteban was that he decided to leave early. Cris and Acacia will be leaving manana. This way he has removed himself from Temptation.

I too am worried about if something happens to Ulises what will happen? I guess we will have to wait and see.
 

Diana:

Wear headphones if you can and my oh my you'll be overheated, I know I was the first time I saw it! Just a warning, lol
 

Mads, as usual fabulous recap.

I am really loving this novela. It is so different from what I normally see. It's kind of nice to not know who will end up with who at the end.

Vivi, you are a jewel for recapping for me last night. And all from memory? AMAZING!
 

Madeline, thank you for the link. I have to admit that CM used to be better looking, but he's not now. The longer hair and certainly the mustache he wore as Zorro did a lot for him then. I don't know how long ago that was, but I had never heard of him before this tn so I googled him to check out his images and it's clear that he was better looking when he was younger. He's not aging well in MY opinion. I tried watching a tn that just started during the day called Cosita Linda with him as the galan and after just a couple of episodes I'm done with it too. He has the same squinty-eyed look and I guess this is the actor trying to look sexy or intense, but he just looks creepy to me. I'm probably (make that definitely) shallow, but I like my tn galanes to be off-the-charts handsome (Fernando Colunga, Marcelo Cordoba, Sebastian Rulli, William Levy, etc) otherwise, what's the point? I watch tns strictly for entertainment and I like to be entertained by super good looking men and not by normal, nice or even average looking guys I can see at the mall or in my neighborhood.

But that's just me. I'm sure my idea of a handsome man is different from others' but isn't that great? There's something (someone) out there for everyone and that's what it's all about.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide the Zorro link and I'm glad that you're enjoying this tn. I'm not into it much, just an occasional peek and keeping track of it via the recaps, which I love. I also rarely comment, because I don't like to comment on something I haven't seen but more than that, the commenting community is so sharp that whatever it was that I wanted to say has already been said!

Anon 11:31


 

I'm really late to this, but I wanted to thank you Mads. I haven't gotten a chance to watch yet and it's annoying.

Gloria I agree with you that this is very different.

Diana you summed up my feelings perfectly. I'm fascinated and repelled at the same time.
 

Thanks for great recap and earworm.
I an trying to get into this tn. I believe maybe I dont enjoy it more is because I just don't like Acacia. Her mouth seems to be pinched and her lashes look like spiders. I think she had her sights set on Este since she was a kid, that is why she hated him for very long time. I hated that she went straight into Estes bare chest and arms. What she didn't notice? What if he was naked? Anyways, the presence of Alejandra and gorgeous hunk Ovaldo helps me stay tuned. Earlier someone commented (sorry I dont remember who) that they want their galans handsome. I agree, I dont want someone to grow on me, I want to swoon baby. Sure do miss me some Sebastian Rulli. I enjoy reading the recaps and interesting comments. I learn something new every time.
 

Esteban's difficulty performing during the honeymoon reminds me of Trujillo not being able to get an erection of Uranita in the "La Fiesta del Chivo" movie with Stephanie Leonidas and Jose Tomas Milian.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder