Tuesday, November 25, 2014

La Gata #60 11/24/14 Brain damage!

Is that proof that Esmeralda and Pablo had brains? Who knew. Anyhoo, let me get to it.

My beloved Mariano comes upon the accident scene, he had a bad feeling that something was wrong with the two love birds, when he realizes that Esmeralda and his brother have been injured he cries out in anguish (someone give me some tissues!).

At Casa De Venganza everyone is worried about Esmeralda, they all expected her to be home hours ago and they can't find her, Jarocha suggests that maybe she and Pablo decided to run away and marry in secret, Fernando says Esmeralda would not do that. They then get the call that tells them about the accident, Fernando leaves to the hospital and Fela and Virgina stay behind, I really wish that they would stop treating these two like helpless children, they are grown women, treat them as such! Fernando promises to call them with updates.

Lorenza has a heart-allegedly 

Lorenza and Agustin argue, she tells him that she will be going to the wedding, she might not like Esmeralda but she loves her son and she will give him her full support, Agustin is dead set against this but she reminds him "if you can't beat the enemy, join him".



The Church:

Everyone has arrived at the church, they are worried that the bride is late, but even more worried about the fact that Pablo is also late, Carlos tells them not to worry, it is normal for the bride to be late.

Lorenza and Dorila arrive at the church, Rita makes a sarcastic commeent about the rich people finally arriving and again says she knows Dorila but can't place her. And then something horrible happens: it is implied that Dorila was the one who gave Carlos to Rita, oh sweet baby Jesus don't let that witch be his mother! Rita tells Dorila to go visit her, if she knows what's good for her.

Virginia remembers that people are going to the church expecting a wedding, she calls the church and explains that there has been an accident, Rita takes this chance to say she knew that Kitty would never be happy.

Mariano bears his soul:

At the hospital we find Mariano in Esmeraldas room, he leaves a white rose on her bed and says that he was going to give her that rose so she could put it in her wedding bouquet. He tells her he loves her and that he is sure she knows how he feels, and he thanks her for allowing him to remain at her side. He tells her to get well soon so she can get back to Pablo and laments  the fact that it was Pablo who saw her first when they were kids, he would give anything to have been the one she loved since childhood.

Meanwhile, Lorenza is crying over Pablo, she feels bad about everything and I'm starting to believe her.

Fernando goes to see Esmeralda and talks about how unfair the whole situation is. You know what's unfair? The fact that he has yet to tell her that he is her father and Fela her mother. Rita shows up and asks to be told the whole truth, how badly was Esmerlda injured? Fernando tells her what the doctors have told him: things don't look good for Esmeralda. Rita thinks this is a good time to say that the cards have always shown that Esmeralda will never be happy. Nice going Rita *eye roll*

The doctor informs Fernando that both kids are in serious condition, Pablo is in critical but stable condition, however things don't look for Esmeralda, he is not sure that she will survive.

It seems like a new day has dawned in telenovela land because we find Lorenza back at the hospital, and guess who makes an appearance? None other than Gisela, Mariano questions why she is there, how did she learn of the accident? Mariano is suspicious, later he talks to an unconscious Pablo and begs him to wake up so he can tell him what happened.

I don't know why anyone lets Gisela around Pablo, shes only known him for a hot minute but yet they allow her to be in his hospital room? Naw man, this lady is cray, as evidenced by the fact that she tells poor comatose Pablo that the accident is his fault. Then she takes some pills, someone call her doctor because clearly this lady is off her rocker and the meds are doing nothing to keep the crazy at bay.

She and Mariano get into an argument when she blames Esmeralda for Pablo being injured, he tells her to STFU cause she is new to this story and does not know what is going on.Word.

And now a song, lyrics by me:

This novela might be crappy, but that's okay, that's all right because Marcelo Cordova was back tonight. This might go off the rails, we might all want to cry, but that's okay, that's all right because Marcelo Cordova is here to save the night, yay!

Yes, ladies, gents, Marcelo Cordova has joined the cast as Virginas doctor, rejoice!

I'm a criminal and I like it!

The bad kids of this novela plan to rob a jewelry store, they almost get away with it, till their victims run after them and a police car gives chase. Idiots, what they should have done is tied up the victims and made a clean escape. Hu, I'm starting to think I'd make a good criminal.

Agustin you old bastard:

Lorenza tells Agustin that the wedding was called off and he laughs and laughs thinking that Pablo stood Emeralda up, Lorenza tells him that the reason the wedding was called off was because there was an accident-Agustin asks with way too much joy if Kitty survived, Lorenza tells him that she is in bad shape and he takes pleasure in this. Why don't you die already you old goat, is what I'm thinking.

Lorenza again shows signs of having a heart by asking Mariano who is looking after the babies, guys she wants to baby sit!

Feel free to add on anything that I might have missed! And join us tomorrow when stuff is sure to happen.

Previous: Episode 59
Next: Episode 61

Labels:


Comments:
Whatever else happened last night...

MARCELO!

I will reserve further comments until after the recap is posted :D
 

Been thinking bout last night all morning. So glad they didn't keep our love birds from professing their love for each other while unconscious because I may have forgotten. Even in a coma they can.

Hubba, Hubba, me like the bubba.
 

OK, I lied...

Mr. 5ft was cracking up because I was asking Marcelo to please hold my hand and comfort me because I'm sooooo distraught about Pablo and Esme.
 

Recap is up!
 

Hi, Eli.

Thanks for this recap, and your insights and snark.

There was way less howling and gnashing of teeth than I expected.

During the car chase didn't Ines say something like "I love this."

Since Esme was moving right after the crash, I guess her head injury was caused by Gisela slamming the door on her head.

God help me, I'm beginning to believe Lorenza. What a flip in personality.

Augie seems like his mental condition is deteriorating. He seemed more sane when he was on the booze.

David
 

David, yes, Ines was loving the whole thing, lets hope she enjoys the pokey as well.
 

Eli, your song was a delight! The moment we saw Marcelo, my husband said, "The recappers are going to be ecstatic!" I thought that maybe he would operate on Virginia, restoring her sight, but then I realized that he is blind also. Yes? Now we have Dr. hottie and Padre Hottie.

Apparently, in Telenovela land any old person can wander into a hospital room and visit a comatose patient.

I, too hope Dorila is not Carlos' mother. Ick.

Inez is getting just as loopy as Gisela. I thought she said "me encanta" as the gang that couldn't drive straight made their getaway. I love her.

David, I'm starting to believe Lorenza also. With both parents unconscious, maybe she and El Sil can start a grandpa rental custody war over the babies.

Thanks for the recap.


 

Eli, gracias, this was fabulousssss! I love your song for Marcelo!

I am also starting to believe Lorenza. I even thought for a minute last night that she might go talk to El Sil and give him a "lo siento" and possibly a "believe me, I want her to get better too." Plus she called her "Esmeralda" and there was nary a "maldita" in sight! I'm glad I was wrong in my prediction of yesterday. I really thought Lo would be Gisela's backup dancer in the "Maldita Gata" chorus. Kudos to Laura Zapata for a believable about-face!

Maybe Augie is hitting the booze again. Or it's the withdrawal? Or the after-effects of going sober? Or he's been trying on Lo's old jewelry when she leaves the apartment?

I decided last night I have to believe in Mariano's love. Often, they give us the obsessed character who would rather the object of their obsession be dead than see them with another, but Mariano would rather have Esme alive and happy with his brother than have her be dead. I've gotta respect that.
 

Man, thank you Eli! Love your recapping style girl! Ahma study it! Yes STFU Gisela! And yes, Marcelo is HOHTTT!!

Don't they have any Drs. besides "Dr. Doom." This is the guy that wrote off Leticia while she was smiling and cooing! Oh well. I know they're going to be all right.

Is there a show Thursday or do I get another night off?
 

Great job Eli

"oh sweet baby Jesus don't let that witch be his mother!"

Love Ines.

Love Mariano.

Wished Mariano would get the sweet eye for her instead.
 

Thank you Lila! We normally get novelas on Thanksgiving, no?
 

It wouldn't be a proper national holiday without the entire family huddled together in the living room to watch!
 

Thanks Eli---You're much appreciated.

Eli you made me laugh when you said that someone should call Gisela's Doctor to get her meds changed because the ones that she's on aren't helping her. True

The necklace is back and as flashy as ever. I was wondering if she borrowed it because Lo hasn't been wearing any lately.

Right David---Give Augie a bottle.
He was much better when he was flying high.

LN---A grandpa rental custody war?
So funny.

Mariano was a class act last night

Ines likes it. Her adrenaline is flowing. Will her adrenaline be flowing when she is living in a small room with bars? I wonder?

Eli---Shouldn't they have tied the victims up. LOL I was thinking last night that the small time crooks are trying to go big time--a jewelry store. They didn't look like they were doing very well. Not much of a plan. Cops in pursuit. Where are the back-up cops?

Ines you're going to be a pretty jail bird and you wont get any Garabato for a few years. well, it was your choice, Gata warned you.
the gringo




 

Ohhh, ok, thanks Eli and Diva. Ok. Will try not to go into turkey coma!
 

Lila, I'm going to go into full pozole and pie and booze coma! Gringo-thank you as always for your kind thoughts!
 

Thank you! And aren't you one lucky recapper getting the premiere of Marcelo!

I'm with you and also hoping Dorila and Carlos are not related. Poor kid.

Loved the episode and the recap. Hope things are looking better for us Gata fans.
 

Why does Mariano not get the girl? Dude got it bad. Would fancy boy Pablo pray for the same if it meant his brother would have her?

Carlos better be glad Virginia cannot see cause she sure would be smitten. Bet Marcelo smells good though.

When Pablo wakes will we see him with bed head?
 

The arrival of Marcelo is giving me a surge of optimism. As if he looked deeply into my eyes and said "No te preocupes, chiquita. I'm here for you. I'm going to get this show back on track."

Sorry, is it warm in here?
 

Thanks Eli, didn't get around to reading until late but didn't take away from the enjoyment.

I hope both Pablo and Esme are OK and no after effects from the accident. Their babies don't deserve it.

It's funny that for all the hatred towards Pablo we're obsessed with dissing him. I'm glad I didn't watch CI. That's what apparently set the stage for his downfall in this novela.
 

"Hate" and "obsessed" are pretty strong words. If you think they really apply to your fellow commenters, we're going to need stronger words to apply to the likes of Gisela!
 

Are you guys sure Dr Hot is blind? How can he be a doctor?...maybe a therapist? So they don't know how hot each other are? That's just wacky.

J in O
(Yes my honey Mariano is willing to give up Esme so she can be happy...)
 

Wait! What?! Did I just hear that my telenovio Marcelo just showed up? I might have to start watching this again. :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder