Tuesday, December 30, 2014

La Gata #85 12/29/2014 Haters gonna hate but I'm just going to roll

Hey peeps! Guess what I got for Christmas? A beanie! It's gold and it sparkles and I'll try and figure out how to post a picture of it soon.

Anyhoo, last week I was over at my boyfriends house and I was telling him all about the show and then he looked at me and said "I'm sorry I asked, please,please stop telling me about this, it sounds so convoluted and if I were using this show to learn Spanish I'd think I was understanding things wrong". I then went into sneaky ninja mode and slowly hid the remote. On to the recap!


How do we know Pablo is stupid?

Easy. He has agreed to get married to a woman who he knows has an unhealthy obsession with him, who has tried to injure his lady love and who accused his brother of RAPE all so he can save his good for nothing criminal of a father.Oh yes, he is going to go through with it because when you are a member of a family you make sacrifices!



Gisella has a medical condition

So now we know what is wrong with her, she suffers from bipolar disorder and has made the decision not to take her medication because everyone already thinks she's crazy so f*ck it. No seriously, that's basically what she said right before she threw the pills in the trash. If this is how she behaves while medicated what  can we expect when she's off her medication? I'm scared, someone hold me.

Her doctor pays her a house visit and tells her that she can't go off the medication cold turkey, if she does the anxiety, mood swings and suicidal thoughts will return, Gisella tells him to stay out of it and then she threatens to kill him with a letter opener, the doctor gets lucky when she decides to spare him because she has to go get ready for her wedding. Ummm, doesn't the doctor have a legal/moral obligation to call the cops and alert them to the fact that his patient has a mental condition, is refusing to take her medication and is threatening to harm others? Don't you think this is the time when someone should call 911?

Pablo is a moron:

And here is why: Aside from the points I made at the start of the this recap Pablo earns more idiota points for not telling Esmeralda what's going on. He goes to visit her, hardly says more than five words to her, kisses her on the forehead and then goes off to the wedding of doom. Now maybe its just me, but if my boyfriend and father of my children went off and married someone else without telling me I'd be pretty angry, not to mention hurt and well, I'd probably get my very own super special episode of Snapped-best show ever by the way.

Esmeralda becomes concerned, it almost seemed like Pablo was saying farewell and something about his attitude has made her uneasy but she tells the babies not to worry, as long as mom and dad are together everything will be okay.

In a scene that I don't care about Garabato goes to Mariano and asks about the scholarship, Mariano tells him they are having money issues but they have just enough to get him into school, Garabato thought bubbles that he hates having to hurt Esmeralda but he has to do it in order to keep Ines from giving his baby away.

Okay, this makes me livid. I'm so sick and tired of hearing this in novelas, putting a child up for adoption is NOT giving it away, it is simply someone recognizing that they can't care for their baby and giving him/her a chance at a happy life with a family that loves them. The baby Ines is having would be better off with anyone else!

Speaking of Ines, Esmeralda goes to visit her, she tells her that she has always thought of her as a sister and that she loves her like one. The reaction from Ines? Not a good one, she tells Esmeralda that she hates her and screams at her to go away. Maybe if Esmeralda has brought her snacks things would have worked out better.

Pablo goes to see the hot priest and tells him all about his super stupid wedding and how he hopes God can forgive him because he is sure Esmeralda won't.

Gisela goes to visit her future mother in law and they both agree that they hate each other, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that we all hate both of these wenches.

Gisela goes in to see Agustin and explains to him that Pablo now has the funds to pay for his operation, he says that if she really wants to help him she should give him a drink and then directs her to his hidden stash, G taunts him with the booze and tells him that his addiction has driven him no where good and that he needs to snap out of it!

Just then Virginia and Carlos walk in, they are  there to visit Agustin and Lorenza instead of being grateful that anyone is visiting her evil ass starts in on Carlos-Virginia tells her to stop treating Carlos poorly, they are going to get married and the sooner she gets over it the better things will be for everyone. You go Virginia, you go!

Gisela walks out of the room and she tells them that she and Pablo will be getting married, Virginia and Carlos can't believe it but G tells them that it's true and she takes off but not before calling Virginia a bat-cause she's blind and omg I want to hit Gisela with something!

Carlos and Virginia run off to the institute and find Esmeralda with doctor hottie, they tell her about the wedding and the doctor says they can take the van the institute has and then I had an awful thought that went something like this "off to the bat mobile" and yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that this makes me a bad egg.

Pablo arrives at the hotel room where he finds G wearing a white catsuit, the two argue and eventually they make their way into the bathroom where G locks them in. She accuses Pablo of only wanting to marry her for the money and Pablo tells her that she was well aware of this, G is not happy and throws the room key into the bathtub.

In the lobby Esmeralda and Co have arrived-they ask for Giselas room and the receptionist tells them that G  has asked not to be bothered, but she'll call her anyway. She asks Esmeralda who to say is asking for her and Esmeralda says: "her worst nightmare, the cat!" and then she rolls away so fast that the camera man can hardly keep up, seriously watch that scene again, you will see what I mean.

We are now back in the bathroom which my sister points out is very nicely decorated, in her words "awww be nice to her, she even got candles"- oh about those candles.. the argument has escalated and G thinks its a good idea to set the room on fire and try to drown herself in the bathtub. She throws alcohol all over the room and tries to start a fire while jumping in the bathtub, all she manages to do is create a lot of smoke and finally the hotel staff step in and G accuses Pablo of trying to drown her. Oh the f*ckery.

Let me point out that no one called the police, even though someone tried to commit arson and there are allegations of attempted murder, now the audience knows that Pablo did nothing wrong but still, I feel like the police should have been called.

Esmeralda confronts Pablo and tells him that he never learns, their relationship is doomed because of their lack of communication and she can't forgive him for what he has done. Eh, 20 bucks says she'll forgive him by the next episode.

In other news: Agustin is getting his operation because a donor has been found and now that Pablo has his money back they can afford to pay for it. Virginia notes that they are all holding vigil for a man that has done nothing but try to ruin their lives.

I'd like to note that all of this could have been avoided if they had just let Agustin die.

That's it for me folks!

Previous: Episode 84
Next: Episode 86

Labels:


Comments:
Oh, my god, Eli this was so funny. I laughed all the way through.

"and then she rolls away so fast that the camera man can hardly keep up'

Why didn't the hot priest tell Pablo being a dumb ass is not a sin, well, not one he can receive absolution for.

I thought I would pee my pants when Gisela jumped in the tub to drown herself after setting the bathroom ablaze.

Best scene of the night was Gisela's taunt of Augie with the booze.

 

Gracias, Eli. Your recap fills me with glee. Malicious glee. The kind that gets your reservation to hell automatically upgraded to a junior suite with a Jacuzzi.

Congratulations on your new beanie!

I was going to call BS on Gisela's bipolar diagnosis, but I decided that maybe if I squint and tilt my head to one side she might have bipolar disorder with psychotic features and she's been in a manic cycle for the entire time we've known her. I think her doctor calling the cops on her is optional. She only threatened him and not anyone else, so he can use his discretion. Oh, well.

I feel sorry for the guys playing the bellhops. There's all this wacky stuff going on and they're probably asking "What's my motivation for just standing here and watching all this go down and not calling for a manager or the cops?" and getting gold "We didn't hire you to think. Just stand there and think about how you're going to pay your bills if we fire you."

If the Institute is a front for a band of crime-fighters, like, sure they're all people with disabilities and they do a bunch of physical/occupational therapy, but then a select few are recruited for, uh, special training...that would make a better show than "Esme and Pablo Break Up, Part 246."

And, yes, 20 minutes from now they'll be back together. Until then, I will really respect that she said she's done with this asshat who lacks communication skills. Really, these two as a couple are just NOT WORKING!
 

lol, tofie, Mr. 5ft and I had a brief theological discussion about how you only get absolution if you admit that you did a dumbass thing and you're sorry and you're going to try not to be a dumbass again...you don't get forgiven in advance for PLANNING to be a dumbass!
 

Loved your recap, Eli. Loved it and laughed. And congrats on getting a glitter beanie!

Gisela and Augie: "G taunts him with the booze and tells him that his addiction has driven him no where good and that he needs to snap out of it!" Perfect example of a conference between the pot and the kettle.

At least Pablo and Gisela and the candles led to attempted arson and death instead of hot monkey sex.

Too bad Esme can't run down Gisela with the wheel chair. Wait--maybe she can, if she hits her just right.
 

Teeheehee, would have loved to be part of that discussion with you and Mr. 5 ft.

I fail to get the whole communication problem Esmeralda laments and uses to splain away their bumpy ride. She tells the dude everything, the one with the problem is Pablo. Either he doesn't listen, doesn't believe or refuses to tell.

 

There is no way you are a bad egg, Eli. If that batmobile thought makes you a bad egg I'm afraid I'm also getting a suite with a jacuzzi when I get to hell.

This recap is pure gold. Thank you so much for taking a episode filled with f*ckery and making it entertaining and fun. Almost every line deserves to be in the sidebar.
 

While I am not following this TN much I do happen to watch it from time to time. And I was puzzled by the fact that the plot keeps mentioning that they have found a donor for A's liver transplant. I goggled the condition since I thought only dead people were candidates. Not so. This is what I found out:
“Livers are donated by living and nonliving donors. Living donors donate a part of their livers. The donated part and the remaining part of the donor’s liver grow to the size the body needs in weeks. Most donated livers come from people who recently died and had no liver injury, according to American Liver Foundation.”

So I guess there is some person willing to give Augie a part of their liver. I vote that the donor be Rita since she seems so benevolent (?!).

 

I didn't know that! Wow. Sooo.. Liver is like a liked tail? Lol

Hey, now I can call this show educational!

Thanks for looking that up and sharing.
 

Lizard tail. Stupid autocorrect.
 

Gisela seems to have a magic ring of protection against being apprehended by non-existent police. She has attempted to kill Gata several times, her threat to stab her shrink and lately her Wagnerian attempt to immolate Pablo and herself. Actually I prayed that they both would be consumed by the flames so I would not have to watch either one anymore.
 

Thanks Eli. That was hysterical. Glad your sister is around to support you with this. Best scene for me was Dr. Hottie smiling for the first time in weeks as he sits being "supportive" of Esmeralda in the instituto cafeteria after she has dumped Pablo.

What about Damien? What's going on with Damien?
 

(Darn it! Blogger ate David's comment....)

Gee, Eli, you really were in synch with this episode. What? Your boyfriend doesn't like this tn? He must be a pretty smart guy, so good for you!

Yeah, I don't understand after all the effort I put into supplying Augie with booze, why they don't just let the bastard die. Maybe they are going to save him so he can spend the rest of his miserable life in prison.

I have a brother-in-law who had a liver transplant several years ago, and it is a BIG deal. To this day, his poor insurance company is spending about a million dollars per year for transfusions, expensive medications and hospitalizations. About all he is able to do is sit around the house and watch TV.

If I were Esme I don't know what I would do with an unpredictable mate like Pablo.

I simply don't know what to think about Gisela. I was surprised when she didn't melt when exposed to water.

If I were Lorenza, I think I would have ulcers from dealing with all the hatred and duplicity that she harbors.

David
 

Wow, that was weird. Thank you, 5ft for resurrecting my comment!

David
 

What can I say after watching last night's episode except that Maite is still beautiful and that Pablo grows dumber with each passing minute.

I was yelling at my tv for Gisela to leave the whole bottle with him

David---Looks like you did hit a home run with your Augie Deliveries.

Bipolar and no meds? God help us!

Eli---Your recap was a laugh a minute, a real hoot. Thank you.
the gringo


 

Dang, Eli--you and the beanie both solid gold! Thanks! It was even funnier reading your recap than watching the episode.

When Pablo said "I have to talk to Esme and arreglar todo", I was flossing my teeth but even with a mouthful of floss was yelling "No,...Pffaafo...fu fucsh a pfashikngh ithteet!!!"

Also re: Augie's new liver, I think they will be soaking it in bourbon before the transplant, you know, to get it used to its new environment.

J in Oregon
 

Lol, J! That reminds me of bringing home new fish...we left them in the plastic bag and put the bag in the tank for 15 minutes so they wouldn't get shocked by the change in temperature :D
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder