Tuesday, December 30, 2014

La Gata #86 12/30/14 La Catatonia

Lo comes to visit Gi and tells her about her google research on bipolar disorder. If Gi will fake a catatonic state, Pablo will feel so guilty he will marry Gi and they will be rid of the maldita gata forever. I can't even. No seriously. As much as I want to be funny as hell and make some scathingly witty remark, I can't. Just.too.stupid. (Keep that in mind through the whole recap. I don't have the skillz to make this sh!t entertaining.)

Mariano comes to visit and can't even put 2 and 2 together. Listen again, Mariano: the nurse said your mom came by and then boom! Gi went all catatonic. Mariano actually feels sorry for her and is worried about how terrible Pablo is going to feel.


Esme prays. Give me the strength to walk! Priest interrupts and tries to explain Pablo's side. Again, the logic is just stupid. Esme says he should have told me and trusted me. I don't know what annoys me more, that statement or that thought that the writers could have actually gone there. Pablo could have confessed all and she could have "understood". The effect would have been the same: Pabs and Esme apart once again. (Now this show is pissing me off for things they didn't do.)

Esme has PT and what an improvement! She can actually move her legs (using her hands) and pretend to be an airplane.

Next thing you know she's monologue-ing and sliding down the hill. She walks pushing the wheelchair ahead of her. (The weird camera angle makes me think they were trying to be artsy?)

Pabs visits Esme. More arguing about not trusting each other. Oh for f*ck's sake, Esme can't be happy knowing how upset Gi is.

Fernanduh(™tofie) talks to Osorio about the case. The judge has been told by the writers to stall. So he wants to see Fer in court one more time. The judge wants to be sure. They gots to go to court NOW.

Mariano wears a nice suit and takes over the defense of his father. Mariano's first job is to defend justice and the law. Mariano declares that Fer was within his rights when he started the proceedings. Augie did not do right by Fer when he was acting as his defense lawyer all those years ago. Fer is innocent of the crime for which he was accused (really loose translation. Asking already circumloquacious writers to add legal arguments to the script makes my head explode.)

Mariano is aware of what the admission means for his father. All he asks is that the judge avoid a public scandal for his dad and he appeals to Fer's generous nature and hopes Fer will agree to that request. Did he also ask that Fer drop the request to have Augie jailed? Fer tells Osorio that to deny that request would make him (Fer) just as bad as Augie. Mariano says this has all been hard on Lo. Juarever. I think this is all supposed to be dramatic, but at this point I'm a honey badger and I don't give a shit.

Do we get a ruling yet? Hell no. The judge says he'll have a decision tomorrow. Fer whines about having to wait. He thought today he'd be able to tell Esme he was her father. (Except at the end of the episode he decides he can't because Esme and Pablo are splitsville...dude, WTF?)

Carrlos and Virginia go to visit the priest. All the paperwork is almost ready for the marriage. Carrlos has a surprise. He's been earning a shit ton of money singing with his out of tune guitar at restaurants so he can rent an apartment for them. I mean, I'm assuming it's a shit ton. Seems like a pretty nice apartment and we are talking the DF. Maybe the gum income helped, too. (I was kind of surprised there was no anvil sound effect when he mentioned the family they were going to have. So that must mean that whole genetic problem story Lo told is complete crap.)

Augie is still touch and go. I vote for go. Lo still plays the role of suffering wife and mother. Mariano hugs her.

Blind Doc asks Esme if "this" is was she wants out of her life? I assume by "this" he means "that dumb ass Pablo." Carrlos and Virgina join them and give them the news about the impending nuptials. They ask Blind Doc to be the padrino for the wedding.

Finally a verdict! The judge found that Augie acted negligently in Fer's case and that Fer acted in self defense. Fer has been absolved of all charges. Fer is happy. He can now face society with his head held high. I feel like I don't understand his case at all. What the hell happened 20 years ago??? Am I the only confused one? I'm a dullard. Augie has to pay a fine and return Fer's fortune.

Lo delivers the news. Fer and Mariano beat you in court. Oh, and she hates Augie. He's done so much damage. He will pay for what he's done in hell. Augie weakly replies that he'll be waiting for her when he gets there. (Point for Augie.)

Fer says he's forgiven Augie. If he had had the money at the time, he would have helped Augie with his medical care. Osorio tells him that all his money is back at his disposal. Mariano congratulates him. Fer asks him to continue to work with him(?)

Pablo visits Gi and her fake catatonic self. He tells her his happiness is with Esme. Gi wrathfully thoughtbubbles about Pablo never being happy with the maldita gata rascuache.

Mariano visits Augie. Augie silently pleads for them to call the doctor. Mariano must have picked up on it because he suggests calling the doctor. Lo thinks they should wait. Augie just wishes they would kill him already. It would be better than this state. Lord, yes Augie!! Please put us all out of our misery! (Man I'm getting pissy. And I had pretty decent episodes last week. *pout*.)

Fer tells Blanca his name is finally clean and they can be a family. He wants to tell Esme about being her da and wants to give her his name. He can't wait to tell her, but he's afraid. He ends up talking himself out of it because Esme and Pabs are struggling so much right now. (Dude, they are NEVER gonna get their sh!t together. Just tell her already.) He just needs a little more time.

And we are subjected to one more Esme and Pabs we're-on-the-skids filler conversation.

When the hell did Rita get the apartment? Why is Chácharas putting up with her crap and letting her order him around? Her nouveau riche attitude finally does annoy him enough that he leaves. She starts to read the cards, but we aren't privy to the conversation.

Esme comes home and interrupts Jarocha and Fer as they talk about telling Esme the truth. They play it off and tell her about the verdict.

Damian can go home tomorrow. He looks a little woozy.

Esme has a big surprise!

Gi grumbles to Lo about having to act catatonic, but it seems to be worth it! Pabs came to see her! The are convinced this plan will work. Lo thinks it might be a good time for Gi to run around and terrorize La Gata. Maybe even get rid of her. Everyone thinks Gi is a salad ingredient (direct translation) right now. No one would suspect!

Pablo thinks Gi is the worst! But she's sick. Poor thing! Pablo is still worried about Esme. He thinks this separation might be the real thing and he and Esme may never be together.

Time for Esme's surprise! She can walk! Yawn!

And with the rising of the Televisa sun (™Lila) I declare that today's f*ckery(™Eli) has come to an end.

Avances:
Gi is out of her catatonic state and she grabs Pablito. I hope they look for him harder than they looked for Fela.

Previous: Episode 85
Next: Episode 87

Labels:


Comments:
Yeah, the timing was off. There could have been so much "wow" and instead it was kind of "oh, ok." And no episode tomorrow night?! You mean I'll have to find some other way to entertain myself?
 

Booze Diva, booze will see you through the night.
 

Hahaha, Eli! (Okay, maybe that is a better suggestion than it seems at first glance.)
When Esme was counting "1..2..", I thought Blanca was going to finish with "a correr!"

Anyway, is there anything that doctor can't do? First he treated Esme's babies, then didn't he do Damian's brain and a day later, a liver transplant? Wow. A generalist.

Also, in the courtroom scenes: That judge is HOTTTE! Those pointy eyebrows, oh mama!

J in Oregon (is it hot in here?)



 

Since when should a reconciliation between Pablo & Esmeralda become a new condition for Fernanduh to disclose he and Fela her parents? Why doesn't Fela just tell Fernanduh to go fuck himself?
 

I'm about to start working on it, but don't get to excited. Except for the ruling from the judge, it was a lot of filler and repetition. And there is much football to be watched today.


 

Hi Peeps: Do I need the sunny patio this a.m. Cold here as I am sure it is where you are as well. I wondered last night if Rita found our meeting place, as the patio outside her sitting room looked liitke.

Diva, I have something for you to do this evening. My daughter flew down to Phoenix to run something called "Across the Years". The event starts New Year's Eve and runs until the last runner is done. This is her 5th year and hopes to best her last year's win. If you are at a loss for something to do, there you go. For me, I prefer to do MY SISTER'S CLOSET for a little shopping.
 

Ooooops, "liitke" ?? make that like it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
 

It's done!


 

Golly gosh for trying not to be funny you are.

"He's been earning a shit ton of money singing with his out of tune guitar at restaurants so he can rent an apartment for them. I mean, I'm assuming it's a shit ton."

I'll say this for Lorenza, she has been brave enough to admit her youngest son is a half wit and unafraid to use that fact to fool the little bugger.

 

Thank you Sara for summing this whole series up in one great observation "touch and go". I agree Augie and Rita need to be dispatched during one of their health crisises. I have been rooting for Rita's departure since her first heart attack.

Great recap. Thank you
 

Thank you Sara! Child, you give this thing way more than it deserves! I hope you don't mind that I extend that statement of fact to Eli as well for yesterday's funny dazzler of a recap!

It helps to remember this mind-numbing idiocracy is intended for an attention-deprived, hormone-soaked demographic that hangs on for Pablo and Esme's kisses and te amos and stuff like that.

I feel you girl: "I feel like I don't understand his case at all. What the hell happened 20 years ago??? Am I the only confused one?" No, you are not the only one who's confused and I'm glad we don't get it because that means we're not - stoooooopid!

Legal proceedings, disability issues, mental illness and health, physical and occupational therapy, the process of re-gaining the ability to walk, poverty, social and racial politics -- F*CK it all, we just need a couple of cute kids to french kiss and swap slob! BAM! It's a hit!

Thank you Sara! Bang up job, girl!


 

Sara! You're a honey badger? Love it! From what I gather Fernando was sent to jail for killing his partner in self-defense and then Agustin did a piss poor job at defending him at trail, I think that's it. God, I can't wait for this thing to be over, how many episodes are left?
 

"I don't have the skillz to make this sh!t entertaining." Oh, yeah, you do! Gracias for the recap. I can almost hear the ping coming from the direction of your brain as it struggles to make this mess coherent. Or maybe the ping came from my brain? Hm. Anyway...gracias for another hilarious recap!

Gisela has a live-in nurse? Is that new? Did Gisela steal her uniform when she invaded the hospital?

"Oh for f*ck's sake, Esme can't be happy knowing how upset Gi is." Seriously! Not your fault, not your responsibility, nothing you can do, the fact that you're not gloating is enough evidence of you being a good person. Did she stop to think that if she sends Pablo to Gisela and gives him up then Gisela is building on HER unhappiness? Oh, wait, too logical for this show.

"The judge has been told by the writers to stall." Totally! And what exactly did the judge hear that allowed him to come to any kind of decision? People just speechified and nobody bothered presenting any evidence or talking about what actually happened. "What the hell happened 20 years ago??? Am I the only confused one? I'm a dullard." Nope, I'm right there with you.

"He's been earning a shit ton of money singing with his out of tune guitar at restaurants so he can rent an apartment for them." Yes, clearly, the Foundation for Wayward Street Kids helped him find his talent...and it's not tuning that guitar. Oy! My ears!

"Dude, they are NEVER gonna get their sh!t together. Just tell her already." I believe I may have yelled something to this effect at the TV.

"Damian can go home tomorrow. He looks a little woozy." That was a surprise. They just glossed right over Damian's medical drama. I wonder if something was up with this actor...like maybe he was really sick during the production or something. He's been Esme's BFF since forever and then all of a sudden they sent him on a mystery trip and the minute he got back, they had him get hit by a car and go into a coma. What gives? Did they not know what to do with a male character who's neither related to nor in love with the protagonista?

When Lo was suggesting that Gi rent a truck and run Esme over, I almost thought Gisela would say "Been there, done that, didn't work last time."

Re: the avances...are they just trying to increase the size of Gisela's anvil? I mean, what hideous thing hasn't she done by now?
 

lol, Eli...my first thought was "But I'm already drinking to get through the show." I'm sure my liver is still in better condition than Augie's!

emeraldrose, it's cold here, but it's probably the kind of cold that people from actual cold climes laugh at. It's 44F outside my back door--that's shorts and flip-flop weather to northerners :D That race sounds amazing! But way too strenuous for the likes of me. I hope she does well!

tofie, I was pretty pissed on Fela's behalf. She's been through enough already. Let her claim her daughter!

Lila, now I want to write an entire recap as my 16-year-old self. Although, I did intend to do a recap from Principe's POV once and I swear, they rarely showed him from then on! Ah, well.
 

Eli, that was my understanding as well, but still leaves so many holes! How did Fernando, Bruno, and Augie all know each other? What did Augie tell Fernando that would make Fernando think Bruno wanted to kill him besides "he has a gun"? How did Fernando going to jail lead to Augie confiscating all his worldly goods? Did no one in the legal system think it was odd that Augie was taking all of his former client's stuff?

Must...stop...thinking....
 

Kat, it is so cold out here, at least cold for So Cal and all I wanna do is get some Cheetos and beer and watch bad tv, but my boyfriend is a social butterfly so I'll probably end up having to go outside.

I don't understand why they continue to indulge Gisela, she is a virtual stranger to them, they have no moral obligation towards her why continue to act as if they do?
 

There's nothing to be done for her. She has a doctor, a nurse, and All The Money. Pablo has said repeatedly that he can't make himself love her. If that's all she wants in life, then walk away, dude!

Lorenza, on the other hand, is just using her. Which isn't very nice, but then, it couldn't be happening to a nicer person.

Mariano going to visit her didn't make any sense...was he just going to check things out on Pablo's behalf, in case he might be able to save Pablo the trip?

As for why Esme cares, I think she's contractually obligated to, as Protagonista. Though, on the last show in this time slot DQTQTQ, the protagonista was engaging in not-entirely-aboveboard behavior in order to wrest her beloved from the arms of a perfectly nice girl who hadn't hurt anyone. So, really, if there were a time to break the rules!

If I were a friend of Esme's, I'd be asking her right about now if maybe she keeps coming up with reasons not to marry Pablo right no, right this minute, just drag him down to the church and forget about all the wedding hoopla, is because she doesn't really want to marry him. After all, this is a woman who was able to walk again through sheer force of will, despite two prominent doctors telling her that couldn't happen without surgery, so clearly, if there's anyone on this show who knows how to go after what she wants, it's Esme. If there's a ranked list of things Esme has worked hard to do, "marry Pablo" is pretty far down on that list, below even such things as "get Ines back on the straight-and-narrow" and "start a business."
 

Good grief, with the spelling and grammar! Eh, y'all know what I meant to say.
 

Kat, what bothers me is the fact that this woman came out of no-where, and has terrorized them and they still cater to her! WTF. Maybe I'd understand a bit more if it were Monica who has strong ties to Pablo and his fam, but Gisela? A total stranger. Naw.
 

*cough*36 episodes left*cough*

But I'm not counting or anything.

Thanks for our comments everyone!!

I really don't know what to do about this show. It's just so awful. And then I feel bad because maybe there are folks out there who genuinely like it and I know it sucks when everyone seems to bash what you love.

I wonder if I would like this more if I hadn't seen decent stuff before. Is that why it appeals to a younger demographic?

And why oh why aren't they editing the hell out of this one. Since PSMA Univsion has edited every show that I've watched and they pick now to put down the scissors? And they are REALLY going to be doing a chop job to get La Malquerida done by the 16th and that show does not deserve to be chopped.
 

YOUR comments. sheesh. And I can't even blame a phone or tablet for that one. I'm on a bone fide keyboard.
 

Eli-I almost wonder if the Monica actress has a decent agent who

1) got her out of this mess ASAP and
2) agreed to let her film a few scenes when needed as long as they didn't make her the crazy bitch.
 

Diva---No La Gata tonight, how will you entertaining yourself? My guess is that after a few songs
and some good champagne, you won't
even be thinking about Esme and Pablo tonight.

It was suggested that Augie's new liver should be soaked in some kind of liquor to get it used to Augie's lifestyle. I hope that the doctor's didn't forget to do that. It will no doubt be a big help to him. Maybe David can send a case of something to start out the New year with. I'd send him one myself but David never gave me Augie's new address.

Right Eli---I'm in So Cal too. I've been right in front of a portable heater all morning. It's cold. I think I would be a statistic if I were living in the Mid West or back East.

The Rose Parade will be the coldest that I can remember. Thank you Canada for sending your storm our way.

And thank you Sara for todays recap even if you are pissed. Look on the good side---Esme can now walk.

Happy New Year to all.
the gringo


 

Gringo, I can't feel my toes, that's how cold I am, what part od Socal are you in? We are thinking about going to Grand Park tonight to ring in the new year but it is way too cold!
 

Eli---I live in Glendale and I'm not going to stay out all night to see the Rose Parade. My TV, hot coffee and heater will do just fine.
the gringo
 

Hey Diva, if you could write a recap as a 16 year old that would be a stroke of brilliance and a total crack up, man! Do it! I would love to know a 16 year old's take on this mess!

Eli speaks truth: I don't understand why they continue to indulge Gisela, she is a virtual stranger to them, they have no moral obligation towards her why continue to act as if they do.

Yes! She just frickin' walked in off the street into their lives and took over and they're acting like they have to put up with it! Crazy!

Ditto about the editing scissors, Sara. More crazy!

I will be ringing the New Year in here inside my warm home with the 20 degree wolf safely outside!

I wish you all a Happy, Prosperous and Peaceful 2015!
 

Kat,
Ooh that would be a hoot to write a recap from Principe's POV. The only thing is, since Principe can't talk, maybe the formerly Hotte doctor could narrate it...from his own POV. So to speak.

J in cold, cold Oregon
 

Whatever happened to the Televisa rat? Did Principe eat him or is Ines keeping him as a pet in the prison? He doesn't eat much, I think he likes eggs with chorizo and maybe a slice of cheese on top.
the gringo

 

Gringo, I always get a laugh when they show what is supposed to be a "disgusting" wild rat, and they use what is clearly a domestic pet rat (i.e., white with brown saddle markings). Like we are not gonna notice?

J in Oregon, freezing my tailfeathers off tonight.
 

Eli, again, I have to wonder if there was a schedule conflict and the actress playing Monica had somewhere else to be so that she couldn't stick around and torment Pablo. Or maybe it's like Sara suggested and her agent negotiated a "no crazy" clause! Or maybe Monika Sanchez likes playing this kind of role. I can see where it would be fun, but ugh! To be so hated! It's like they have a list...galan, protagonista, villana...and they plug characters in as needed and who cares if it doesn't work with the plot.

Lila, I was kind of annoying as a 16-year-old. And I said "like," "totally," and "dude" a lot. On second though, it might be difficult to tell the difference!

J, we see so little of Principe lately. I bet his take on the goings-on would consist mostly of what the kitchen staff at El Sil's are doing and how many times the doorbell rang. He's a smart cat. He avoids the drama.

gringo, maybe Plan B and Principe could get their own show? I'd watch that.
 

We all knew Lorenza still hates Esme!

More months of chaos from Lorenza & Gisela! Unbelievable!
 

I felt bad about dozing off and missing most of this. Maybe I should just count my blessings instead. Thanks for the recap, Sara, so I know about the key events that happened.

If there were a list of Totally Underused Characters, I think Damian should be on it. Earlier, I thought he would be a great match for Esme. Even if that's a no go, he could have had more of a story line.

Totally Overused Characters would, of course, include Gisela.

I'm voting in favor of a 16 year-old point of view recap from our Diva. It's not a frivolous request--it would help us understand the basic appeal here, the one we no longer recall.
 

Gissela is going to the woods, Fela is spinning around along with Jarocha, and a coyote creeps along in the woods...
 

Gee, Sara, you did a great job of wading through this stuff, and I hope you were wearing some kind of appropriate boots.

Gringo, a new case of liquor is on its way to Augie with a special straw so he doesn't have to hold anything.

The discussion about this being aimed at a 16 year old demographic made me think that perhaps it is being WRITTEN by 16 year olds. Maybe it is a junior year creative writing project at some high school in Mexico. Everyone agrees it isn't entertaining because we can't think like that anymore.

It was 12F here in So Indiana yesterday.

Happy New Year to everyone.

David
 

Yes Happy New Year!

By the way someone may already have mentioned this but is there an episode tonight (Thursday)?

J in Oregon
Still freezing here too
 

Sorry guys, 72 right now on the way to 77, little overcast though, so boohoo. Happy New Year
 

What?! The whole country is freezing. Are you in Trinidad for the holidays or something?
J in O
 

Happy 2015 patio peeps and please don't worry about Pablo and Esmeralda. They're going to get their act together this year and live happily ever after. I'm not so sure about Augie though. David has another case of Augie's favorite booze on the way, so we will have to leave a question mark
next to him at least for now.
the gringo
 

La Paloma, I agree that Damian has been underused. As has Monica, for that matter. And did the sudden disappearance of these two characters coincide with Gisela's arrival? As if they suddenly changed their minds about the direction of the story and it didn't include Monica, Damian, Virginia, Centavito...it became The Gisela Show. Hm.

I'll try to embrace my younger, (only slightly) more foolish self in time for next Wednesday.

Joining in on the weather reports, it's 42 right now, but we actually have a freeze warning for tonight!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder