Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hasta El Fin Del Mundo #147 We Got A Pair of Bad Muthas in the Hood

From Friday:
Miguelina, Paco, Lupe' and Nandito congratulate Lucas on the successful WBB concert.

Chava asks Sofia if she is willing to be whisked off on an "adventure" on the back of his motorcycle. Sofia excitedly answers, "Yes, yes, yes!" Noisy kisses follow.

Geronimo tells Isadora that she made a huge, drunken fool of herself in front of Oliver and his friends. Isadora can't understand how several "non-alcoholic" drinks - that tasted like they contained alcohol - could make her drunk. Geronimo tells Isadora to stay away from Oliver until she gets her drinking problem under control. Morgana and Geronimo exchange knowing glances as he leaves.

Rosa offers Lucas the box full of money she collected as the cover charge for the concert. Lucas refuses to take the money and tells Rosa to get lost, he's not interested in her. She blurts out, "I'm Rosa, your mother."



Monday's Episode:

Lucas stares at Rosa, "That's not possible!" Rosa rushes to get the words out. She wanted to tell Lucas the truth right away but decided to wait because she was afraid of his rejection. Working at Cuco's and helping the band was a way to test the waters. Lucas sneers at her, "So you thought you'd come back like nothing happened?"
Rosa steps toward Lucas, "I just want to get my son back!"
Lucas is furious and shoves Rosa backward, "I'm not your son!"
She begs him to let her explain. "After your father died, I wasn't okay. I left you with Miguelina because I had nothing to offer you. I did what was best for you."

Sofia tells Dani that she's going away with Chava for the weekend. Sofia asks Dani pass the news to Greta, but Dani doesn't want to deal with another of Greta's hissy fits. She suggests that Sofia leave a message with Fausto. It would be better for him to tell the Ogre because that's what he gets paid for. Chava whispers his Secret Romantic Getaway Plans to Dani who is super impressed, "WOW! Have a good time!"


OMG! You're springing for a Motel 6!

Rosa reveals that she got information about Lucas from his girlfriend. He can't believe that Marisol told Rosa anything. "I looked for Marisol at the factory, but she wasn't there. I talked to Daniela. I told her the whole story. She listened and didn't judge me. Daniela suggested that I tell you who I am after the concert. She thought if you were happy and excited I'd have a better chance to tell you my story." Now Lucas is even more furious, "You abandoned me as a newborn! I have no mother. You don't exist. I hate you! I hate you! I'll never forgive you!"

Irma and Araceli pay their check and get ready to leave. Araceli wants to call a taxi, but Irma tells Armie they are scared to walk home and asks if he and Nandito can walk with them. Chava interrupts to pull Armie aside. Chava has cleared things with Manuel so Armie can spend the weekend tinkering on Big Foot while Chava spends the weekend tinkering with Blondie. Araceli tunes her bionic ears to the Chava station and listens in.



I can read your lips even when I'm not attached to them.

Rosa holds out the box of money to Lucas again but he knocks it out of her hand to the floor. She weeps, "I thought of you every single day."
Lucas just snarls at her, "Go back where you came from. You're dead to me. I don't ever want to see you again." He turns and walks away. Rosa slumps against the doorframe and calls out to him, "Lucas! Son! Lucas!" She slides down the wall and weeps on the floor.


Nobody could see this coming, right?

As Armie, Irma, Nandito and Araceli leave Cuco's Place, Chava and Sofia take off on the motorcycle. Araceli watches them go. Irma tells Armie that she just wants things between them to be more peaceful. They should be sensible and put Nandito's needs first. She mentions that she heard Armie went to Renzi's Evil Real Estate Office to try and sell their house. As the little group walks down the street Renzi's Pop-Up Goon steps out of the shadows and follows them.

Lucas confronts Dani on the stage, "Why did you keep that secret from me?" Oliver is puzzled, "What secret?" Lucas tells him that Dani knew that Rosa is his mother. Marisol is stunned. "Rosa is your mother? The Rosa that works here at Cuco's?" Lucas is even more pissed off when Oliver confesses that he knew the secret too. Marisol assures Lucas that if she had known she would never have kept the news from him. Marisol tries to hug Lucas but he shakes her off like a tick. Rosa even collected a cover charge for the band and tried to give it to him! Lucas warns the rest of them not to take the money either.

Dani tries to reason with Lucas, "I just thought that Rosa should have a chance to explain her story to you."
"You're a bad friend, Daniela."
Oliver objects, "She just wanted to help."
Lucas goes outside and Marisol follows. She hugs Lucas and tells him how Javier was a drunken low-life that abandoned her family but now she's happy he finally returned. Maybe Lucas should give Rosa a chance, too. Lucas flatly refuses. He tells Marisol to have Dani and Oliver take her home. He needs to be alone.


You're lucky your mom left and
wasn't a drunken embarrassment all over town.

Araceli warns Armie that he can't sell the house because legally Irma has as much right to it as he does. Armie claims he just went to Renzi's office to find out what they would offer for it. Araceli thinks Armie was there for another reason. Within earshot of Renzi's spy she questions him, "Isn't Tavarres supposed to be looking into the real estate office? You and Chava were there investigating Renzi, weren't you?"

Cuco finds Rosa still crying on the floor and sits down next to her. She sobs, "I lost. I got what was coming to me." Cuco pulls her close to comfort her.


Lose Lucas and gain Cuco?
Seems like a really good trade to me.

Dani, Marisol and Oliver discuss Lucas' situation. Dani is sure that Rosa had her reasons for leaving Lucas as a child. Marisol says that Lucas just wants to be alone. Oliver understands, "I don't want to hear from my mom either."

 
Hmmm, this look is familiar...


Maybe this is the look they were going for?

Back at home, Paco and Lupe' talk about the evening. Lupe' couldn't help but notice that Greta is still important to Paco. He admits that Greta was his once-in-a-lifetime love, the same way Javier was to Lupe'. Their conversation is interrupted by Sofia and Chava who have come to get a few things for their Romantic Weekend Adventure.

Marisol and Dani sympathize together about their boyfriend's crappy moms. Dani is pretty sure that Marisol has the best mom ever. Cuco comes over to congratulate them for a very successful debut. The WBB can play at his place anytime!

At the Ripoll house, Greta can't understand why Iker wouldn't let Fausto and Greta drive him home. Greta is pleased that Dani's performance was so good, but is even more pleased that Dani's singing is just a hobby. After all that unpleasantness with Alexa's acting career, Greta doesn't want any show business people in the family! Alexa better not get any ideas about acting from that Paolo or get into a relationship with him either. Fausto thinks that the girls should choose their own futures. Greta is adamant, "Let them go the wrong way? Dani has the right guy now. Geronimo told me that Lucas stole something valuable from him!"

Paolo is certain he can make Alexa a big star if he can keep her busy with her career. Paolo asks Alexa, "Does your mother know that you are working with me on the movie?"
Alexa confesses that she hasn't told Greta. "I had this really bad experience with acting in Spain. I got involved with this trashy director and there were all kinds of problems so I just can't tell her."

Fausto asks, "If Lucas really stole something, why didn't Geronimo report him to the police?"
Greta snorts, "I've never liked that Lucas. Isadora and Oliver begged Geronimo not to report him. So he fired Miguelina." Fausto thinks that Geronimo may have been trying to break up the friendship between Lucas and Oliver when they were young. "Maybe he's trying to do the same thing now."

Irma asks Armie what his plans are for the weekend. She'd like to start being friends. Armie walks right into the trap - he likes the idea. In the background, Araceli cries over the romantic weekend Chava is spending with Sofia instead of her. "I hate Sofia!"

At home, Marisol tells Lupe' that Lucas found out Rosa is his mom. Lucas was so upset by the news he wanted to be alone so Dani and Oliver had to bring her home. Marisol calls Lucas' house to see if he's made it home but Miguelina answers. She tells Marisol that Lucas hasn't come back yet.

Fausto dishes to Greta that Paco couldn't keep his eyes off her. Paco's date was jealous! "Where there's smoke, there's fire!" Greta hushes him up, "You know I'm dedicated to Octavio's memory."

Dani arrives home with Oliver. She asks him to give Isadora a chance. Oliver puts Dani in a surprise lip-lock but she manages to squirm away and tells Oliver that she's really tired. After he leaves, Dani calls Miguelina and tells her that Lucas found out about Rosa.

Greta admits that she is very upset that Sofia and Chava spent the evening kissing and groping each other in front of the whole world. Fausto tells her to get used to it because Sofia is in love...and she's not coming home tonight. In fact, Sofia has run off spend the weekend doing the nasty with Salvador! Greta is horrified. Fausto is pretty sure that Greta wouldn't object if Sofia was bumping boots with Pato. What's the difference? Greta says Pato is a gentleman. She'll never accept Sofia's relationship with Salvador. It's doomed to fail!

Miguelina tells Dani that she warned Rosa to stay away from Lucas. Dani explains that Rosa just wanted to talk to him. Miguelina is really upset and worried about Lucas and prays to St. Jude Thaddeus.

Dani calls Lucas but gets his voice mail. She sneaks out of the house and drives around to look for him.

At the bar, Renzi is still trying to cheer Pato up with booze and loose women. Renzi offers to let Pato choose either woman - or - he can even have them both! Pato asks Renzi, "Are you sure Armando Romero was at the real estate office to sell his house? How much does his wife Irma remember?" Renzi is certain that Armando is dumping Irma and wants to sell the house and leave her penniless. He thinks that Pato is worried about nothing.

Miguelina calls Marisol to talk about Lucas. Marisol gets upset when Miguelina tells her that Dani went out looking for Lucas.

Rosa tells Cuco that she is going back home. There is no reason for her to stay in the neighborhood anymore. Cuco asks her to think it over.

Lucas walks alone in the dark. He remembers his mothers words, beats his fists against a wall and cries.


End of Episode.

Labels:


Comments:
Xint, this was out and out fabulous.

Your recaps just make me happy. “OMG! You're springing for a Motel 6!” had me chuckling out loud.

Your screen shots were amazing and a wonderful treat. "Armie can spend the weekend tinkering on Big Foot while Chava spends with weekend tinkering with Blondie" and "I can read your lips even when I'm not attached to them" were among too many favorites to list.

On a serious note, I felt badly for Lucas. And for Rosa. But I was completely taken aback at Miguel's excellent acting. I hadn't given the actor enough credit. He nailed it.

Speaking of mothers - Marisol's makeup was so heavy handed, she looked like SHE could easily be Lucas' mother. At least she advised Lucas to give Rosa a chance. I can't blame Lucas for his reaction - even though Rosa seemed to do what she felt was the right thing (Mig being the loving person she is), he cannot help but feel abandoned.

I'm sure poor St. Jude has had his share of hopeless causes, I don't envy him this.

I hope Paco and Lupe realize they are friends and leave it at that. Paco is clearly still smitten with Greta. Heaven knows why. And if I hear she is devoted to Octavio one more time...blech.

Xint, thanks again - another stellar recap.

Diana
 

Xlnt- I should just copy Diana's comment, because it summed up how I felt about the recap and the episode perfectly. I really loved all your funny captions. LOL!

I'm really getting tired of Lucas blowing up at Dani all the time. It wasn't her place to tell him his mom was in town. It wasn't her place to be involved in all of this at all. I don't hate Lucas, but for the life of me, I'm baffled why these two young women are so gaga for him. Poor Oliver. And how about their bearded bandmate? No love for him? Let's spread it around, ladies.
 

Xlnt- You made a masterpiece out of this depressing episode. I LOVE the comparison of Marisol and the Yasmin/Sasha Barbie doll.

Vivi-Their bearded band mate is Hot-Scar from DQTQX2. Of course there's plenty of love for him.

You guys, Dani went out to look for Lucas.
 

Hilarious, Morgana's actress Emireth is Juan Osorio's wife.
 

xInt, I parrot everyone's comments about your recap. Fabulous!

"OMG! You're springing for a Motel 6!"

Yuck, I agree Marisol's makeup was horrid, she is much cuter that that.

Miguel did do a good job (both actors did in the scene, but I still cannot see any hotness factor in the boy nor why both Marisol and Dani want him.

Funny, I had a flashback when Salvador was collecting his stuff and ready to speed off into the night with Sofia and she talking to the parents. I remember collecting my things, as my bf talked to my parents, preparing for an impromptu motorbike weekend excursion. We were 18 though.

I love Irma's game, now she knows Alexa broke up with Armando.


 

Xlnt---I want to jump on the bandwagon of praise too. Your recap was a homerun, a touchdown, a game winning goal and filled with snark and screen shots. We got far more than we should. I feel like I didn't deserve so much

Motel 6 was soooooo funny as were all of your screen shot captions.

I'm glad that I had finished my coffee before reading your recap because I think that most of it would either have ended up on the floor or all over my computer.

Armie tinkering with Big Foot while Chava will be tinkering with Blondie. Oh my gosh Xlnt, that one was approaching recap Hall Of Fame territory.

I agree with earlier comments in that Marisol is far prettier than the way that overly done makeup made her look. I think that makeup gave her a hard look instead of making her as beautiful as she actually is. I liked her hair though. I have always been a sucker for that type of frizzy hair style. Not sure of what it is actually called
I just think frizzy.

Poor Lucas. He's really torn up inside. The actor did do an excellent job showing us his anger, confusion and broken heart
last night.

What's coming next? I have to stay tuned---must see tv.
the gringo




 

Thanks, Xlent, I especially liked "pop-up goon."

So, Armando never learned not to discuss PRIVATE business on the street in public.

Irma had no problems manipulating Armando one more time which just proves he is the perfect partner for Alexa who believes one more time that a guy can make her a "star." They are both hopeless.

I never thought Chava and Sofía were going to leave.

Jarifa
 

Thanks, Xlnt. Fabulous recap. I'm hopping on the praise team. I thought last night's episode was a snore, but your recap is sensationally funny and entertaining. Wow, Marisol looks just like that doll!

I did like Irma toning herself down a bit, now that she thinks Alexa is out of the picture. In a way, it's kind of sad to see her try to be more even-tempered with Armando, cause she really has no chance of him caring for her like he does Alexa.
 

Expect for roadblocks for Armando from now until the Gran Final!
 

You did a fantastic job with this recap. I chuckled more than once.
I feel sorry for Rosa. She did what she felt was right at the time, and it is better when a parent is aware that they will not be a good parent. Although hurtful to Lucas (Obviously), I feel Rosa made the right choice. If she would have kept him (feeling the way she did), she most likely would have ended up as a neglectful/abusive parent. Lucas was better off being raised by his Abuela. I hope Lucas can find it in his heart to be forgiving, as he himself is far from perfect.
 

Thank you all for your kind compliments! I was actually happy that this episode focused on someone other than Sofia and Chava. Truth be told, I'm kind of sick of them. I agree that the actor playing Lucas did a fine job. I also agree that there isn't much to like about the character Lucas.

Regarding Bratz dolls: When I first saw them in a store I thought they were horrible. I couldn't understand why anyone would buy their young daughter a doll like that. Here's something I ran across in my daily readings about a woman in Australia who gives these dolls a second chance at childhood:

http://myocn.net/tree-change-dolls-care/

 

Why is Peralta so hostile towards Lucas & Migs ?

I'm thinking there's something more to the story here, which will lead to more secrets that he's trying to keep secret!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder