Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lo Imperdonable #67 Wed 8/19/15 Evil Manny

I'm very busy here so I won't have part two up until tonight or possibly tomorrow morning.

I also need to say something very quickly, I'll write more once I've calmed down and can properly expressed myself: I have been made aware of some comments that have been posted on the recaps comment section that are hurtful and offensive and which have really discouraged me. I can not believe what I have read and am now too upset to say anything more.

JackieV- welcome to the patio! And to any lurkers out there, come play with us! This thing is becoming dreadful and the only thing that might save it are the witty comments from the patio!

And now your recap:


  • We get more of Veronica telling Matilde and Maggie that she will never forgive her mother for leaving her in the hands of her father- she does not remember much from her childhood but she does remember his temper, his shouts and his violence.
  • Maggie and Matilde try to tell Veronica that she does not know what her mother was dealing with, but Vero doesn't care, her mother never even looked for her and she will never, ever forgive her, the topic so upsets her that she had to leave.
We now get the story of how little Veronica made her way into the Padro-Castello home. The police found her at her fathers house, they had no information on her parents, or any other family members or friends (really?), all Vero had was a newspaper cutout for a charity benefit in which Jorge was pictured with Aaron, the police used this to get in touch with Jorge who was so moved by Veronica that he brought her home and later adopted her.

Matilde, Jorge and Emiliano showered Vero with love and attention, but things were harder with Selma, who always showed a preference  for Ginny, who was already living at the Prado-Castello home. Maggie thanks Matilde for being Veronica's guardian angel and always looking out for her. Matilde seems to be putting things together.

*Beanie time*

Ok, so a few questions, maybe you guys are wondering this too. How were Jorge and Selma able to adopt Veronica without her parents giving up their parental rights? It's not like with a puppy that follws you home- you can't just keep it, right? Also, were Aaron and Maggie hermits? How is it possible that the police found no relatives on either side to take Vero? Hell, how is it possible that they between the two of them had no friends the police could contact?

Finally, how many times have we heard from Selma that Veronica is a bad seed because her father was a violent drunk and her mother a whore? How did Selma get this information if even the cops couldn't find anything on Aaron and Maggie? At the start of the story we all thought that Selma, Aaron, Jorge and Maggie must have known each other, but now we know that's not the case, so again. where and from whom did Selma get her info from?

Moving on now....

The old goat breaks down in from of Marty, he says he has no idea waht he did wrong in raising the bad seed also known as Manuel. He just wanted to make Manny into a good man, where oh where did he go wrong? Marty tells him that he gave Manny too much and he never learned to appriciate things, but, he points out Manny is a big boy and should know the difference between right and wrong. Marty promises to help try and set Manuel straight. Uh, okay.

Manuel-is an evil bastard but he is not stupid, he is playing everyone and tells his friend that he's faking redemption in order to get back into his grandfathers good graces and eventually win back a spot in his will. Eventually the whole town will be his and he will get revenge on everyone who ever did him wrong. To quote the super Emo group Paramore "Second chances never matter because people never change"- Manny is a perfect example of that.

Meanwhiile, the village idiot also known as Ana Perla continues demand that Pablo get on the "give Manuel a second chance" train. Pablo tells her that Manny is a good for nothing user who will not change but AP tells him that with love, understanding and support Manny will become a better person. Que mujer tan idiota. I wish AP would revert to her previous role as Solita and become a deaf mute. Seriously.

Pablo agrees to calm down on the Manny hate and the two make up, she says that this is the only fight they have had and Pablo promises they wont fight over Manny again. Wanna bet you do? Oh and AP reminds us that she was very upset when she found out he had a girlfriend in Mexico- she wants to know if he ever would have married Mariana and Pablo says no, he never would have.

Speak of the devil, Mariana is in town at the hotel still demanding to know where to find Pablo, finally she asks Romeo to have Pablo meet her in her room when he gets back.

Botel and Maggie make up cause they love each other, and now that she's found Vero and that Aaron can't find them they can finally be together. Maggie will also find a way to get a DNA sample from Vero.





Labels:


Comments:
Thank you so much Eli for the discussion page.

Looking forward to your bullet points. :)
 

Yeah Eli. Your Bullet Points are terrific. Perfect for people with short attention spans and pressed for time. You're a doll to do this.
 

Miss Judy! It's always nice to see you around you saucy minx!
 

Thanks Eli!

I don't remember to much happening of importance...Daniel is trying to be smarter than he looks, but still nowhere close to Vsnake. Nice to see her squirm a little though. Tonight should be fun, previews show Mariana catching Pabs and AP making out.
 

Dreadful? Not for me. Me Encanta.

Looking forward to your bullet points Elli although I have to get out and do some work and so may not be able to comment further today.

Dreadful? What is, or will turn out to be dreadful, is Pablo and Ana Perla catching the wrath of Mariana tonight.

Must see tv.
the gringo

 

Thank you so muchoooo Eli. To continue your questioning about Vero's childhood. So the Po Po find little Vero home alone. Did these Einsteins ever think to ask whose house it was or who was renting it? It is really a leap to follow this story. Every comment I make to this effect disappears. I hope you see this the few moments it is up.

I would enjoy participating but only a select small handful are welcome here it seems. All others can pound sand. Ever wonder why there are so few on this TN?
 

Anon 5:56, what?! I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles! I very rarely delete comments, in fact I have deleted comments only on the other program I recap and only did so because someone posted spoilers.

I'll never delete a comment unless the following things happen:

1.someone posts a spoiler
2.someone becomes abusive towards the recapper
3.someone becomes abusive towards another member of the patio
 

Also, Anon, if you see your posts disappearing try and e-mail me and I'll do my best to find out if your post was eaten by blogger (which by the way happens a lot! or if there was a reason for the comment deletion)
 

Also, I just thought this novela was kinda crappy and no one was watching, in fact, the ratings in Mexico are not all that great, I never though we were losing readers on the patio because posts were being deleted, in fact this is the first I'm hearing of it and I can tell you that I have never deleted any posts on this novela and maybe only one or two on Sombra.
 

Thanks. I try to abide by the rules and be polite, but they seldom live more than a few minutes. I'll try again.
 

Thank you so much Eli for a terrific Part 1. Looking forward to Part 2.

Love the title. Agree that Manuel is EVIL. There is NO WAY he'll ever change.

Martin is a fool for agreeing to set Manuel straight.

Agree about Ana Perla. I know he's her brother but the guy locked her up and kept her prisoner in a storage room for goodness sake.

It was funny watching Mariana walking around town in that outfit and heels looking for Pablo for the entire episode. And poor Romeo had to deal with her.
 

Anon, again, I don't know what's going on and I really am sorry that you are having such trouble, I can't imagine that any of my team mates would delete anything just because they disagree with the writers point of view, I've always felt that anything is fair game unless someone is way out of hand and starts insulting people or posting spoilers- at that point I will step in and delete without giving an explanation, otherwise I just don't delete posts.
 

Thank you Eli and the other recappers on this TN. Anon 5:56 - I don't think this is a great TN either, but I find that the recappers make it much more interesting and fun to follow. And the commenters as well. It has so much snark potential and beanie moments, not to mention a great cast. As Carlos would say, Next!

Eli - my favorite of your comments was "I wish AP would revert to her previous role as Solita and become a deaf mute. Seriously." So true, so true.

The only reason I lurk more than comment is my work schedule. They kind of frown on using their computers for non-work related "business".
 

Eli, thanks so much for the back to back recaps. It's great you're doing this for us especially since you're not even enjoying the show! Gracias.

I'm still having fun with most of this. I had a good giggle at Botel's expressions as Magdelena was effusively hugging Jorge and Salma earlier this week and then was enveloping Vero with hugs and caricias when she first saw her again. i'm really not looking forward to a possible Aaron/Vero pairing against Maggie however brief it may be.

Loved Onix and the Old Goat on the bed together. Even if Crescencio didn't approve, he still let it happen! Polo calling Onix
"Nixi" was cute. That's the first time I've heard that.

I'll bet Mariana's feet sure hurt at the end of the day.

Ana Perla certainly is too naive and forgiving--but I'd rather be around her than someone who is intolerant, mistrustful and negative in the extreme. Oh wait, maybe that was Old Goat early on.

Barbara

P.S. thanks for Monday's recap Novela Maven. I also loved the knuckle-dragging comment and learned a new word "tsuris".
 

Thanks so much Eli, this is a perfect recap for this episode. You are such a giver.

I'm going to have to agree with gringo. This TN is such a treat. I so enjoy Martín's incredible looniness. Those eyes are so spooky. And now things are shaping up that Verónica is almost as nutty. We've seen her so nostalgic with memories of her mom, her loving affection, her words, her scent, and yet she can't think of any circumstances under which she could even listen to an explanation, much less forgive her. She and Martín deserve each other... grab your swords and party on kids.

I was hoping for a redemption for Manuel, but that's not looking very likely right now... I'll delay setting up his table.

I'm still hoping that Aarón turns out to be Virginia's bio-dad. I think that would be a fun twist. Imagine if V&V were truly sisters. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Carlos
 

Oh, I almost forgot, the CCs for last night's episode were actually pretty good. Thanks Univision.

Carlos
 

Carlos,

I'm still hoping that Aarón turns out to be Virginia's bio-dad. I think that would be a fun twist. Imagine if V&V were truly sisters. Wouldn't that be sweet?

It would be sweet.

And yes, the CC's were decent last night.

 

Love the "meanwhile the village idiot known as Ana Perla" quip. Alas, our pretty little gal seems short on gray matter, in spite of her other charms.

And also love your oh-so-logical questions about Veronica's "adoption". Indeed, she's not quite like a puppy who followed the P-C's home. Oh well. Details.

In the meantime, thanks for jumping in and doing this. Don't know how you manage with your work schedule, but we all appreciate it. Lurkers included, I'm sure.
 

Mauricio,

Although I've pretty much retired from regular recapping, I'd like to offer my service to fill in for you on a Friday night if you again find yourself wanting or needing a break. I truly am enjoying this TN and would welcome the opportunity to inject my biases into a recap. If this offer interests you Email me a day or 2 before you'd like for me to fill in. My Email address is cmhillmd@sbcglobal.net.

Carlos
 

Hey Eli, enjoyed part one. Come oooon part 2
Martin helping manny, well, what if this actually works. Of course he'd have to best the crap out of him a few times. I'm reading your recap while watching" LSDP". This could go to a good place,(martin & manny) but I'm not counting on it. Ana perla loves her bro. But hes a pain in the arse, and he feels intitled. The old man wondered where he went wrong , Well where ever he went, it took him off of a cliff.
Someone should really tell these outsider women when they come to the green hell to wear the appropriate shoes.
A question, where did the name "the green hell" come from?
Im glad matilda is putting things together, magda needs someone to talk to besides botel. I mean hes ok and all, but sometimes it good to have another woman's ear. Plus shes going to need help defending her ( vero) against selma's acusations. What are you hideing selma?}:-|

Thanks again Eli :-D
 

Eli, thanks for the recap. So much I could say, but no time to comment since I am at work.

Just wanted to say Hola to the patio and a big thanks to Eli.

Hasta pronto
 

Nina,

...come to the green hell...wear the appropriate shoes."

A business opportunity? Open a Foot Locker store in Mina Escondida... make a fortune.

Carlos
 

Carlos- that's not a bad idea at all, also I'm super happy at the idea of you recapping, your screencaps and captions were AWESOME!
 

Ginny being aarons spawn, that would explain a lot. She got aarons nasty DNA, and
Ronny got magdas. Stranger things have happened.

Eli Im sorry about those nasty comments. We
Should be Having fun here, why mess it up with nasty Comments, I don't understand some people. I hope this gets straightened out, we're haveing fun and this happens.
 

Eli, I just read what you wrote about some hurtful and offensive comments. I am so sorry that this has happened. Please know that your recaps are a treat for me, and I am sure the same goes for the patio. Please do not be discouraged. It takes alot of guts to do what you and all the recappers do. And always know that you have our utmost respect and appreciation.
 

Eli know that ur work is much appreciated!!!!

Anon: I know I posted a comment once and it was taken down. I'm pretty sure it was bec I forgot to thank the recapper, which almost never happens. Usually when I go back later to read comments I notice my mistake and fix it. I do wish i was given the benefit of the doubt on that one since I do post pretty regularly, if not always for this tn. That may be why ur posts are getting deleted.
 

To be clear, these comments were not directed at me, but at other recappers, I started trying to figure out why some people complained about their comments being removed and found that there were comments that I never saw but which were posted to the blog which were just awful.
 

Eli, I am so sorry that nastiness has invaded our lovely little patio. :(

I am also sorry that I have mainly been lurking, and not posting how much I have enjoyed your recaps, and, at least to a point, this novela. It's not the best, but it certainly isn't the worst one I've seen.

I am so impressed at the dedication of all the recappers who crank these our for us day in and day out, and some times do double duty and carry on even when they have soured on the novela. iMil gracias a ti y a todos!

Caroyaga says that there will be dark clouds and real life anvils for nasty commenters.
 

Carolina! Oh my what a surprise, its so nice to know you're still around.
 

To all you wonderful thoughtful recappers,
You guys rock. I don't know why people have to be so mean. Yalls recaps are brillant, if it weren't for you all I wouldn't have my favorite
Pass time. Don't let this get you down, hold
Your head up and keepa comin.:-D
 

Thank you Eli for the warm welcome and to all the recappers thank you for the work and dedication and attention to detail you guys give us every day. Your witty and snarky recaps are a daily anticipated treat for me and so far my experience has been awesome here. Please forget the haters and continue being awesome. Kumbaya and all that.


JV
 

Thank you Eli for the warm welcome and to all the recappers thank you for the work and dedication and attention to detail you guys give us every day. Your witty and snarky recaps are a daily anticipated treat for me and so far my experience has been awesome here. Please forget the haters and continue being awesome. Kumbaya and all that.


JV
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder