Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Lichita 2/23

At the shoot with all the babies, Luci is aghast at all the little dwarves. Especially when Xuxette catches her holding one!  Then when its mother/handler takes it away she cries a bit.

Sandra comes for her meeting with Alicia. Elias is happy to see her but she blows him off. At the meeting, Alicia rubs it in about how when she wanted her job back Sandra was mean. She says she'll be MUCH meaner in response.

 Luci admits in a whisper to Beto that she's pregnant. Augusto, with his customarily impeccable timing for eavesdropping, overhears this and delights in the news!



 Elsa finds out that Nacho lost all that money and gives him hell for it (right next to a carefully-arrayed product-placement stack of la costeña canned foods). He moans some more.

Alicia accepts everyone´s congratulations for her nomination for   the ibericamerican advertising prize (I didn´t realize she´d won it yet) and says she made them something to thank them for their hard work. No, it´s not money or vacations. She´s made a video of "highlights" from the past few months.

She´s got photos of various employees with snarky and mean comments. Nestor, she says, wasn´t gay... his family left him for being a "workaholic." Funny, since he´s never been seen doing any work at all. She then mentions that "she who laughs last laughs best." She has some swimsuit photos of someone (who is it?)...  She´s gone evil! She´s getting back at them, calling back the insults that they yelled at her, and tells them they need to learn to laugh at themselves.

Luci actually tells Gumaro that she´s pregnant, and he flips out, running all over, jumping on the bed with delight! One of the happiest moments of the show!

 Braulio can´t bring himself to tell Elsa and Nacho what Alicia did, but Brisa tells them after he leaves.

OOOOH NACHO....... So he's been lying to his family about paying the mortgage (he wants to feel like the man of the house, remember?). Shit's coming home to roost. The house is getting repossessed!

No one will be surprised that Alicia won the award, but when she goes to thank people in her speech she realizes she kind of shat on everyone and she has no one left. She tears up and runs away. augusto tells her that the path to success is a lonely one. Just then, Valeria calls to tell her about her parents' home getting taken.

She rushes home to find the disaster! She's mad that they didn't tell her earlier. Nacho goes on AGAIN about being the man of the house and yells at HER for not respecting his rights as man of the house. Jesus. And the rest of her family won't talk to her. Are they mad about her being bad to Braulio? Or that she hasn't been back to visit them?

Augusto continues trying to turn Alicia to the dark side (there's a strong Vader/Luke dynamic going on here), handing her the gleaming golden prize and telling her that success makes everything feel better. He takes her out to dinner and tries to tell her that she deserves the prize (maybe you didn't have the idea, but you needed it and you took it, and that takes talent). "You were born to be a leader, to have the world at your feet." Seriously, this stuff comes right out of Star Wars (join me and we can rule the galaxy together)!

Labels:


Comments:
Great recap Ezra!

So, Alicia rejected a guy that saw her as an equal, respected her socially concious approach to advertising, encouraged her and loved her for rat fink Roberto and now in a few short months a pretty beast. Santiago dodged a bullet.
 

Thanks Ezra!

I feel like Uni is making big cuts. Didn't we leave off the night before with Augie calling Alicia to go out? After Rob left? What happened with that? They just jumped to the next day?

I thought it was funny that Sandra said Alicia had turned into a monster.

I guess that cut the scenes of Brau quitting Iconika, moving out and getting a new job. I kinda wanted to see those.

I knew Nacho had lost the money but had no idea he wasn't paying the mortgage. Where are they going to go? I don't think Val's apt is big enough but maybe she will invite them in for a little while.

I thought Nacho was being pretty unfair to Alicia. And I'm surprised she just left, not knowing where her family was going to go.

Must say all of the employees are getting their dose of Malicia in full. They all deserve it though.

I was surprised that Alicia found a conscience at the mike though she is still taking advice from Augie. Did Augie tell her he loved her at dinner? I kinda missed that part.
 

Ezra, thanks! Loved your recap, comments andStar Wars comparisons.

I so enjoyed Malicia tearing into the staff using actual quotes of what they said to her. They looked upset! They must have felt bad. . . Just like she did the countless times they were so cruel to her. Giddy-up (as Kramer on Seinfeld would say) It was odd seeing Elías and Fátima just shocked and disapproving since (as someone else mentioned) nobody ever came to Alicia's assistance to try to stop the bullying.

Looks like Alicia was only wanted at home when she paid the bills and kept her mouth shut. Now she gets blamed for disrespecting Nacho "the man of the house," Was it her fault he go snookered in a risky investment scheme and did not level with his wife. I predict sadly that Alicia will be starting her "apology tour" sooner rathet than later. But the memory of Malicia will live on!

The wind is shaking my car here in the MacDonald's parking lot and the snow is starting to fly! So it is time for me to fly, too!

I cannot wait to recap tonight!
 

Carvivlie, Monday night's episode was two episodes sliced and diced into one.
 

Thanks Jarifa. I hate that they are cutting when we are so close to the end!
 

I don't know why they have to cut at all! :)
 

Thanks, Ezra. I missed watching a lot of this episode. Fine recap.

I like the friendship that has blossomed between Luciana and Roberto. Their talking calmly about her being with child by Gumaro was nice. I’ll have to go back and watch Gumaro’s happy happy jump at the baby news.

Glad to hear Braulio quit Icónika. Finally, an employee at the company willingly left that toxic workplace.

Gee, Nacho will be a "man of the house" without a house.

Jarifa, stay safe. Hope you’re home by now.
 

Yeah my episode Monday was a miserable mish mash of cutting and looks like Ezra's was jumping like crazy too. What a waste! Luciana is great, that actress is stealing the show. We hated her before and now she's becoming sympathetic. Whereas I don't think I can revive my affection for Alicia since she was, first a good bimbo and now an evil one. Or Roberto. He is just too weak and clueless, there is not time for me to start liking him. Gummie and Luci, though, that is a go!
 

Ezra, I didn't get to see this and after reading your recap, was delighted that I didn't.

You always capture the events in a succinct, straightforward manner that leaves no doubt of what occurred. I on the other hand can never seem to be as brief as I can and should be. I never manage to say in 10 words what I can drag out to 50!

Your recap was of the highest quality, it appears last night's events were not...

"Seriously, this stuff comes right out of Star Wars (join me and we can rule the galaxy together)!" was my favorite.

I am having trouble imagining where this is all going to go. Is a cataclysmic event on the horizon? What can possibly occur to bring Alicia to her senses? To bring down Augusto? I totally agree with you Jane in that "I don't think I can revive my affection for Alicia".

Because the content is too upsetting, I'm going to focus on the positive and repeat my favorite comments:

tofie's "rat fink Roberto"; carvivlie's "Must say all of the employees are getting their dose of Malicia in full"; Jarifa's "Giddy-up (as Kramer on Seinfeld would say)" and "apology tour" and last but not least Niecie's "Gee, Nacho will be a "man of the house" without a house".

All wonderful - thank you!

Diana
 

Thank you Ezra for bringing me up to date. It's hard to stay on track with all of the Univision cuts.

Niecie---"man of the house" without a house. You made me laugh and then I suddenly realized how sad and not funny last night was. If that were to happen to me??? What was Nacho thinking all the time that he was missing payments. I guess that the Cafecito is making money but not enough.

Where are the family's personal belongings? In storage?

Out on the street. What to do now? Where to go? Ximena? So many questions.

Right Jane---Roberto and Alicia? Gummie and Luci are a go. It looks like Gummie is bringing the good side (didn't know that she had a good side) of Luci out from the shadows.

Like everyone, I'm not happy with Malicia right now. I can't wait for the old Alicia to come back.

must see tv
the gringo


 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder