Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sueño de amor, Ep. 105 (8.11.16) Sacrifices are necessary for greater goods, not for greatest bads

Después de un breve sueño, despertar eternamente  (or die mommy die already)

Cristina Vélez Valderrama, the firewoman of education, while adding cremora to her coffee, is simmered in her own thoughts about the talk she had with Esperanza after the ring incident in the bathroom with wi-fi.

Stupid is not only who makes stupid choices, but also whoever complies with them
This morning, Espy has woken up weaker than usual but she still insists on going to school.
Pedro tries to convince her to stay and rest but what in Hillary is determination in Espy is stubbornness and she tries to get up to no avail. After the sour discussion with Pato regarding the night of sex with Luca and the fight with Ernesto over his potentially deadly prank, she is feeling rather weak.
Finally, she agrees to stay home and rest and send Pedro to school, after all, neither one of her kids should miss it. Have you seen their cards? 
And I am talking to you Pato, we have to talk when you come back, ok?

Then Ernesto gets home. He has changed but that doesn't erase what he did before. They argue some more and there is a zoom to Silvia Derbez picture with a tear. Really? Whoever painted it decided that it was a good idea to add a tear? Is this Crown of Tears or what?


Esperanza Guerrero Diez dies and she doesn't let Ernesto, who is drowning in his own sea of tears, call the doctor. My question is, why pay attention to what she says? Why? All this mess is the result of she getting away with doing all the wrong things that come to her messed up mind. Juaréver!

Once in school, Cristina Vélez Valderrama told Ricardo, who has always been there for his family and hers, that the Invitations are ready, they will get married in 2 weeks, and they can start sending them soon, because they will be ready in two days. Talk about express! They both are happy, this is a dream come true, I love you, me too, smack, smack! Or as we say in México, muá, muá!
Parents crow see the invitations beautiful. No. THEY-ARE-NOT. They could be original. They could be unique. But they are not in no way beautiful. It's children's drawings for godsake!

School oh school, where nobody of the main characters use the main entrance but the back with the turnpikes because what they show from the front is stock footage from when they could afford having the two schools open. 
Pato argues with Aranza regarding her fight with mapa.
-Yesterday she was in Kiko's wheelchair, she is dying but I am making things worse- we wish pato to say. She doesn't.

Ricardo joins them and Ara excuses herself to go get some gluten free frappuccino venti latte with low calorie caramel swirls and Pato accidentally spills the beans about the human sacrifice her mother did for him, who was demanding to know the truth not matter what. Of course Ricardo wants more, but she slips herself with the excuse that she has to be in class and runs away. Yeah, like she cares about class! LOL!

El que mucho se despide, pocas ganas tiene de irse
The more you say good bye, the less you want to leave
Back in the valley of the dead, Espy sinks more and more in her mistakes like quicksand and continues to tell Ernesto stuff but we now that her stupid choices not only affect her but every body around her. She should be more careful. Now Erny's hands are tied because of her. Here is where I wish Ernesto had the balls to grab her by the hair (if she had) and pull her and take her to the hospital even if it's against her will or even if it's to die over there. Esperanza doesn't have the right to deny Ernesto the opportunity to save her. Period. 
-Please take care of my kids- she says- shut up!

Even more swinging sixties (or in their 80s)
CVV shows her ring to Margarita and the other one says, Ooohhh, yes, I haven't had a mani in a long time. 
-Nooo! my manicurist name is Aura, but look at my ring! 
What could have been a nice talk about plans for the future with the man you love, thanks to Márgara took the old ridicule turn of the horney geriatrics (comic relief Osorio style).
-Why don't we swap husbands? 
-No way! Mine is better and I already licked him! 
-Well, I have marital problems. Besides, between my mother in law from hell and my granddaughter Salma losing my great granddaughter, I can not focus on anything right. Now Salma has the postpartum depression because she misses Andrea Mireya Margarita, whatever, she is always in a bad mood. 

Then, so we can see how bad Salmita has become, they show us how Viviana try to talk to her but she is very upset. BTW, in Sueñolandia, the magical place, another disappearance has happened. Now it was Eufro's turn. The reason: She went back to her hometown. Really?

Meanwhile, Mario insists that he wants to make more money and the only thing Luca can do is give him more work. Mario, being part of the family now, should have a better paid position, don't you think? But where's the drama there, right? They exchange sad stories, who cares about Kristel, Salma is sad and so is he, but Luca is sadder, because he lost Luquita forever now that they are only half brothers.

In the future school and nursery, Erasmo complains to Jerónimo that Anastasia is not answering his calls when suddenly the devil shows up with the baby, both WITHOUT A HELMET! Do you want to repeat Kiko's story?
Anastasia is ashamed of her past, but that is for Erasmo to decide, if he takes her or not.
She claims she wants to find herself, he tells her to use google and will be surprised of the amount of pictures that will come up, just the way he did when he showed Jerónimo... 
And finally, after like half an hour of this ping pong low self esteem pick me ups, Erasmo confesses his love for her. I love you just the way you are!

Back at the Palacios, Pato and Ara are in the classroom chatting and the teacher silences them. A boy takes the blame and Pato leaves unexpectedly to go find Ricardo and finish what they started.

Silvana, who spreads poison wherever she is, encounters Ricardo, who is lost in his thoughts and asks him why he is now with CVV, could it be because Espy is sick and about to die and this one is gorgeous and healthy? I don't want to sow discord, but even I don't like Esperanza and think that what you've done is low, very low!- she said.
-You will never learn anything- he replies. Hey, the donkey speaking of ears!

The galactic trio try to cheer up Salma, who has been behaving weird lately. Ricardo arrives to the classroom substituting Espy who is very busy dying at home and giving Erny the last orders to be followed after her death.

Meanwhile, in the chemo room, Aña talk to Ore, another cancer patient who, like Rachel, don't have eyebrows. I have found out why Esperanza looks so good and it is because she does. Eyebrows are indeed very important in a woman's look, who would have thunk it? 
Aña says that she doesn't have time for love, because her only time free is between 2:30 and 3 in the morning (God Oh God, what Pedro could do in those 30 minutes and still have 28 more minutes to spare), but Ore, like all soon to die people here, tells her the love advise that she have to love, that's the most important thing in life!
Aña's theme sounds creepy because José Cantoral made the song for his father, and even when Osorio choose it because talks about giving somebody half a life and Aña supposedly wanted to have her father around longer, still sound creepy. I don't like it. 
Anyway, she calls Pedro but for some reason hangs up. Either he doesn't know how to use sarcasm or she doesn't have the time to deal with it. pick one.

CVV keeps counting the chickens before they hatch and making plans to marry. 
-Margarita, Espy saw my ring and she got sicker, I am sure that relationship she said she has with Erny is baloney, she still loves Ricardo!
Then she shows Margarita the invitations and the ballroom where the wedding will take place in two weeks.
-You will finally be happy my dear, you deserve it, Ricardo is a tipazo! I love him, I mean, I love you. Did I said that aloud?

After his class, Ricardo and Pato meet in the cafeteria. He wants to make sure he is right (about his theory with the three options) and that he understood correctly. You are telling ME that your mapa made that "sacrifice" to not see me suffer? Really? For how long? Because one way or another, WE are ALL suffering now!

-Quackkk? I mean, why do you care?  That doesn't change anything! You still love CVV!

His ears should be ringing, because Ricardo is still talking to Pato, what would you do in my place? She was the love of my life. But all that doesn't matter now because I am starting a new life with CVV. Knowing that she still loves me doesn't change anything. I would not hate her but maybe I could try to understand her.
He says he knows the truth but want to hear it from Patos lips.
-Quackkk! I mean, YESSS! How could you doubt? She loves you! She has never stopped loving you! Remember that saying "if she loves you she will make you cry"? 
Well, all this only means that she loves you A LOT!!

Once again in the house of death, Espy tells Erny that she has cold and cough and is afraid to die because of her kids.
-Promise me that you will take care of them, 
-I do, 
-ok, thanks
-But what if Pato doesn't forgive me? I would do anything to get her pardon.
Espy seems to be expiring her last breath, so Erny gets all nervous and start calling everybody except the doctor. Why if we all know she is dying right?

But destiny is cruel and since Pedro is trying to call Aña and they keep hanging up accidentally time after time and decide to start texting, Erny can no locate him. Pato? I don't know, she is talking to Ricardo, maybe she is sitting over her phone and can not hear the ring?
Erny finally reaches CVV, who fast as flash goes to look for the Guerrero and Carmona kids and finds Pato with Ricardo in the confession time. 
-Since when have you been standing there? 
-Long enough to hear EVERYTHING!!

All concerned, Ricardo will take them all to Espy's while Quintina take care of the kids.
Pato blames herself after the discussion they had, Pedro blames himself for flirting with the nurse and everybody blames wither themselves or anybody else while they run trough the turnpikes.

Hard to convince
More blaming game. While the healthy young model from the neverending video says that "a positive attitude is the victory in the road to recovery", Aña blames Ore if something goes wrong, after ll, she is the one giving bad advise. The phone rings and Ore asks if it's Pedro. Ay Ore, qué orejona!
When they finally connected, Anya asked Pedro and invited him a hod dog from the street vendor, but with all this fuzz, he calls back after knowing about his mother, she thinks he is canceling, and he is, but for a very special reason. His mother is dying. Pícale! (Hurry up) Turned out Pedro had more than 43 missed calls from Erny...

Since the death of a main character in a telenovela is something you don't see every day, Aña, after telling Ore his father story, decides she has to go see Espy too, after all, she lost her own father 20 years ago and she knows how Pedro feels and she can reconfort him.

Matrimonio y mortaja, del cielo baja
Meanwhile, in Espe's house, is all me, me, me, and she wants to get married before she dies, so she send Erny to look for Father Domingo. I don't think Erny wants to marry now, he is not into necrophilia, but if she is asking and he doesn't ant to get in trouble, so he agrees.
-I don't think I can make it to the wedding, soon, get the priest to get married right now!
-NOOO! (looking to the camera overhead) You will live, and we will make a tremendous party with guests and celebrities.
-I owe you that party, good bye, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But remember that I do't love you, I only would like to please you, fulfill your wishes, love your patience...

A house is not a home
In the constructora De la Colina, Mario insists in making himself the macho victim and all Luca can do is give him more work, longer hours, more money, less Viviana.

In Espy's house all is crying and sobbing.
Ricardo and CVV wait outside the room while Erny goes to get the priest and the kids beg her not to die. Pedro asks why nobody has called the doctor.
-What for? I know I have cancer and I am dying, why go to the hospital when I can die here surrounded by my loved ones and the picture of my late mother godresthersoul?

Erny almost faints in the living room and CVV shows some concern, want water?
Osorio makes a sepia transition probably to makes us think the grim reaper has arrived.
-You were right, CVV says as soon as they are left alone, it was theory "A", she always loved you.
-I don't think this is the right time to talk about this but has flashbacks when Pato told him exactly the same thing.
Ricardo asks if he could be of some help
Maybe not, she think she is dying and you know when something gets in her head there's no human power to dissuade her to do the opposite.

To ease our suffering, Osorio inserted here a scene with Silvana saying that she already spent 20,ooo pesos in essentials like shoes, dresses, perfumes, AND THERES NO BABY!!
Quaaack?

Mucha lucha
Back to the crying game, Espy is giving up after she put up a big fight against cancer getting rid of her stomach, going religiously to take the chemotherapy, trying the virotherapy, drinking all of Pedro's herbal infusions, scorpion's tail, the rattlesnake, the chinese weevils AND EVEN PRAYING ONCE!! Well. Looks like she knows when is time to go. 
She has made her will and split all her possessions, you Pedro, can have my wig and my hair trimmer, and you Pato, my CD collection and my Venus leg shaver. 
-Mom, what's a CD?
Or the wig if you want, juaréver, this apartment is fully paid and is for you both. And don't be ridiculous, we are born alone and we die alone, nobody is dying with or without anybody here, ok? Unless like my mother, I passed to you the cancer cells then YOU WORRY.
-Mom, don't die, we will die without you. So that means that you will die WITH ME?
-Don't be silly, you will always have each other, and Luca, and Anya, and... please make a picture of me and hang it next to my mother's (here is when she expires) I wish!

Labels:


Comments:
Oh well, what can I say, only that I am glad this bodrio will be over very soon! Enjoy while you can!!
 

Good recap Pablo.

WOW! All I have to say!
 

Thanks!
 

Thanks, Pablo, for your very creative version of this dreadful episode.

You know I hate this kind of stuff because we all have to go through much real suffering in this life, I have no interest in watching a version of it for "entertainment." I am happy the old VCR FF was working, since I have no interest hearing Esperanza take her last breaths across multiple episodes (if she does ) in this despicable mess.

Of course: big mouth Pato had to quack to Ricardo just to make him feel guilty/ Salma is back to being her bitchy self (watch out Kiko big time!).
 

Jarifa: Salma needs another big giant anvil with her name on it.

Kiko better watch out indeed!
 

Steve, they better start forging those anvils right now because they are going to need a bunch of them before this wraps up.
 

I'm assuming they're getting closer to the home stretch.
 

Pablo, thank you for providing this fine recap despite what appeared to be a deeply dark and gut wrenching episode.

"in Hillary is determination in Espy is stubbornness" was savvy. "Crown of Tears" and "ping pong low self esteem pick me ups" were other favorites.

"Knowing that she still loves me doesn't change anything". This is why I loathe Ricardo. Really man? You don't have the slightest bit of guilt or remorse? Well then why would you? You forgot the love of your life many times, this was not the first. A 20 year absence was not enough. You should have known something was wrong when you were jilted at the alter. When it became apparent Espe was gravely ill, you should have been able to make the connection. Yes, why would your life change? You healed your "broken heart" in a matter of weeks and dove into a relationship with a beautiful woman and you and your blended Brady bunch will live happily ever after. Blech.

I did see that Marjorie isn't perfect. Her hands. I'm reaching. What can I say?

"Erasmo confesses his love for her. I love you just the way you are!" I kind of like the idea of these two. They know what they are getting going in. Maybe here there will be no surprises.

I am about 2 or so episodes behind on Comcast. I could hardly stand to watch last night's episode, Espe (and Ernesto) looked so awful.

So, it doesn't appear even a miracle can save Espe now. Did she have to suffer so long and so gravely? Couldn't she and Ernesto have gotten married without him having to spill all his terrible secrets??

So much more I could say but "I hate this kind of stuff because we all have to go through much real suffering in this life, I have no interest in watching a version of it for "entertainment." Hear, hear, Jarifa. You stated it perfectly.

What an unholy mess.

Thank you again Pablo!

Diana
 

Pablo, this was brilliant! Your side-bar observations were especially apt and helpful given the morose-ness of this episode and the storyline in general, such as it is.

I've tuned in now and then....and thought it might actually get better once dumped into daytime. Many of you seem familiar with this particular producer's "work" in a way I'm not. But I have to wonder if he'll produce another horrible mess anytime soon. Maybe he needs to take a nice, long rest.

I can't fathom the killing off (with what ... a month left to go?) of the supposed heroine of a major novela...but....guess there's always a first. I've read the actress has repeatedly denied being dumped but guess not. Or maybe they'll come up with a miraculous recovery after all? The nurse is on her way, yes?

As for Ricardo...sheesh...what a character to have to play....a real pretzel storyline. Given Esperanza's repeated, hideous and ugly dismissal of him....I'm not sure I'd think any differently than Ricardo. He's a major pretty boy so they had to find another love interest quickly and wham....there she is. I can't figure out how he ever married Tracy and what accounts for the 20 year gap with Esperanza. Bizarro.

My head is spinning on this one.
If anyone knows of an upcoming somewhat "humorous" novela scheduled for the Univision line up...please post word.

And again, all praise to the recappers who have been so masterful at trying to make some sense of this train wreck.
 

Thank you, Pablo, you covered it all perfectly.
Cristina's work attire was very inappropriate, she can't pull off those leggings anymore - what was she thinking. Kidn of hard to dress someone sexy, while giving her the part of a school principal with morals and virtue and whatnot.

If Esperanza is truly dying, I hope she does it already! This is so tiring, I can't watch anymore.


Dona Felipa, protagonista's sometimes die, too, it happened just a couple of years ago in Pasion Prohibida and many other stories that don't come ti mind now. But I'm still holding out hope for a last minute miracle recovery for Esperanza because if she dies, then what is left to watch? The Brady Bunch (good one, Diana)??
 

Thanks!

I heard that Osorio is going to produce a movie or mini series (Like JOan Sebastian's) for his friend "el Chapo", who "acted" in this novela. Maybe his future is in the movie industry? Jajaja!
 

You know, Dona Felipe, I have been looking for the same thing and do not see anything on the horizon except for Angélica Vale in La fan coming some time to Tekemundo.. I do not know why they do not make more humorous or comedic ones. Amores con trampa was excellent and a hoot; Antes muerta que Lichita and Osorio's Mi corazón es tuyo were both good. What is aggravating about Sueño de amor is that it felt like a bait and switch. Currently, I am enjoying two dramas that were advertised as such: Tres veces Ana (truly over the top melodrama and funny in its own way just because of that) and on Unimás El Príncipe (Spanish tv police drama) .
 

TeLemundo!
 

Jarifa, thank you for sharing your sense of things with me. Would love to see Angelica Vale again but alas, Telemundo is not carried on my cable plan (U-verse). Have been waiting for that to change but so far...not happening. Will keep my fingers crossed. Adriana, I usually watch only the supposedly humorous ones (and agree this was a bait-and-switch) so appreciate your info about the sometimes fatal ending of protagonists. Appreciate too Diana's comment about The Brady Bunch. Let the miracles commence!

 

Dona Felipa- Not sure if it's a comedy, but that's the way it's being advertised-- Despertar Contigo starts on Univision sometime towards the end of August.
 

Thanks Pablo, I look forward to your recaps. Loved Erasmo holding baby Luca. Nothing sexier than an a hunk of a man holding a baby.
 

Thanks, I also look forward for the recaps of my patio pals, they're all always better than the novela itself...
 

Is the recap for today going to be posted ?
 

Pablo, wonderful recap. Rather sad strange episode. This is a messed up hot mess. With sadness thrown in. No one calls the doctor. She appears to have died. This is the most confusing telenovela I've ever seen. And for a comedy, well
There is not much of that. Maybe if espy dies pato and pedro will stop throwing those blaming looks at ricardo. Im glad he talked to pato. And I hope he and christyV will be happy together. If they ever get married. I really don't care about
Seeing espranza & ricky together anymore. Watching her in this condition is exhausting. Give her a healing or just let her die in Peace.

Ernesto is just pitiful. The love of his life loves someone else and shes dying. She sure did mess up her surroundings.

Thanks Pablo. For a cool recap of sad episode.
 

Nina: the producers could pull off a fast one, so you never know.

Unless there is major twists, it's looking more like Ricardo & CVB will be together!

 

Well... they invited people over to be extras in the wedding scene, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made a poll to see who the people wanted Ricardo to end up with, so if they choose Esperanza, they made the changes necessary to get rid of Cristina, but if they choose Cristina, then Esperanza have to die...
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder