Thursday, June 01, 2017

La Candidata Miercoles, 5/31/17 Chapter 3 Regina Suspects Her Father Has a Lover


Chapter 3 – Regina suspects her father has a lover
  The press surrounds Regina’s car, they are like lions surrounding their prey ready for the kill. Daniela gets into the car and apologizes to Regina she had been trying to call her to let her know to go in thru the back door to avoid the vultures.
Regina asks about Almiro and Daniela confirms he is inside waiting for her. Daniela tells her to “breathe” as she prepares to emerge from the car. As she gets out of her car, the reporters go in for the kill and begin to bombard her with questions about Florencia Oscura.

“What relationship is there between the death of Florencia and the video that has gone viral on the internet?”
“My son is another victim of this unfortunate event, and it worries me like all of these unguarded young women. I will continue to work so this doesn’t happen again”

The mob continues to hound her, not allowing her to get thru when out of nowhere Gerardo appears and comes to the rescue. He takes over answering questions defending Regina. He continues and ends the barrage by stating that the reporters should allow the authorities to continue with the investigation.
Alonso is in another part of town having just completed a press conference and asks his assistant Magda and Pacheco “how did I do?”

Pacheco not holding back says “in my opinion, you should have answered more questions”
“What? So that they could crucify me?”
Magda chimes in and says “next time look directly at the camera, it makes you appear more truthful”
“See that’s a good critique”
As Alonso tries to retreat, a group of reporters catches up to him and complains about not being allowed to ask questions.
“What happened to being transparent?”
“Investigate all you want and you will see that my government is more transparent than water, as far as Florencia Oscura I have nothing else to say”
Pacheco jumps in and says “press conference is over”


At Cecilia’s two of Mario’s goons bring Deborah kicking and screaming.
“Please Cecilia tell me, why are they treating me like this?”
“I don’t know, they locked me up here since yesterday, we are just waiting”
“Waiting for what?”
“I don’t know”
As they start to go up the stairs to Cecilia’s bedroom, you hear Mario hollering out for Cecilia.
“I guess we will find out now” Cecilia says with fear that exudes from every pore.

Mario is livid; he tells Cecilia and Deborah that they have screwed everything up. Deborah attempts to justify herself, but Mario won’t have it and slaps her so hard that her teeth probably became loose and she falls to the ground. He grabs her by the neck and admonishes her for giving the Governor an infection.
“Now I have to solve everything” he sends them up and tells them they cannot leave.

At the senate offices Regina is thanking Gerardo.
“For what? For rescuing you from the vultures?”
“And for your statements, I am sure your party won’t be too pleased about them”
“I’ll tell you something, I truly don’t care”
Regina sighs and looks up.

“More problems?”
“Many more, enough to choose from”
“Can I help you? you know I am here for you” as he says this Regina notices that Tere has arrived and says “They are looking for you” clears her throat and walks away.
When Gerardo turns around he is disappointed to see it’s Tere.
Alonso is in his office and he is looking at a surveillance video of Florencia’s murderer.
“Who is he?”
“His name is Daniel Abaedo, he is an ex-military, and he is a hitman”
“He was under the orders of Almiro, what do you want to do sir?”

At Regina’s office, Almiro is confirming that the surveillance video shows Daniel Albaedo
“He works for me senator”
“And from this moment I give you my resignation”
“Do you think your resignation takes care of everything?” Regina looks disgusted, she orders Almiro to go find Albaedo and to turn him in to the authorities.
She asks “did you order the hit?” Almiro looks offended and says “of course not”
Three police officers are heard rushing into the office as Daniela tries to keep them back. She fails. They rush into Regina’s office, and she is irritated by this.
“I am talking to my employee”
“You will have to do it after we book him”
They cuff Almiro and as he is led away he stares down Regina unapologetically.

At Omar’s home on of his guards give him some info about Javier.
“Good job, now I have one more thing for you to do”
Natalia listens to them hiding behind a door.

At his office Javier is hastily making some transactions, his friend warns him that he needs permission to liquidate all his shares.  Javier retorts and says they have to do it, and leave the country.
At Gerardo’s office he asks Tere to get to the point of what she wants. He just got to the senate and wants to avoid any problems. Tere tells him he should have thought about that before coming to the senate where he has been reunited with Regina.

“Isn’t it a great coincidence that you come here and Regina is also here” sarcasm draped all over this comment.
Gerardo will not validate her insinuations.
“I will go straight to the point, or you give me my daughter back or I’ll go to the press”
“I have nothing to hide, nothing” says Gerardo indignantly
“What if I tell them about an incident you had with the Governor’s wife?”
Gerardo looks at her and just shakes his head.
One of Mario’s bodyguards tells him that the Governor already knows that it was one of Regina’s people (hence Mario’s people) that killed Florencia. Mario looks troubled, but tells the guard to stay there and he will go play his last card.
Back at Gerardo’s he calls her bluff and says “go ahead talk to the press and the whole world, you don’t scare me”
“I’m done being scared of your threats”
“You don’t know what a woman scorned is capable of, you leave me no options”
She realizes this is not working with Gerardo and she begins to plead with him.
“Why did you leave me why did you take my daughter?” blah, blah, blah.
And then she tells Gerardo to please help her, Gerardo says “I will help you but you have to cooperate.
Alonso is with his father Omar discussing the situation they are in with Regina’s security guards being responsible for Florencia’s death.
Javier is walking outside his office building when he gets a call from Natalia, she warns him and says he has to leave. A dark SUV approaches him from behind and Omar’s gorilla’s take him by force and throw him into the SUV. Natalia is hearing all of this as it unfolds.

At Cecilia’s outdoor patio, Deborah is feeling sorry for herself and begins to scream for help. One of Mario’s henchmen hears her and comes out with his gun drawn. He tells her to shut the hell up or she will kill her.

Omar starts to leave Alonso when Mario walks in. Mario and Omar exchange a cold hello.
“Father In-law, what do you say?”
Mario replies, very matter of fact “Just want to let you know that I ordered Florencia’s murder”

Regina is at her office and receives a call from Emiliano. He says he is ok and will be home soon, he does not let Regina ask him anything and simply hangs up on her.
At Cecilia’s patio, she loses her sanity for a moment and threatens the armed guard. He won’t play with her and threatens to kill both her and Deborah.

Alonso accuses Mario of trying to cover up for Regina.
“No in reality I did it to protect you, your LOVER introduced Florencia to your son. They were going to black mail you with the sex tape and expose your affair”
“So I actually saved my grandson, my daughter and you” (pat him on the back please)
In a warehouse like building, Omar’s goons are torturing Javier. Omar in his high horse comes over and tells him “I gave you an opportunity to disappear, but here you are, tell me everything from the start”

Mario is continuing to justify his decision and tells Alonso that he, not Regina is running the show, as far as the security detail is concerned.  Regina does not know, and can’t find out.
“Just make them stop investigating; I just want to protect my family”

Magda is on the phone with Israel (not sure who this is). When Alonso calls her in.

Mario is in “car headquarters” managing his mess, he orders the person on the other end to buy a plane ticket to Spain. (not sure he has an office)

In another part of town one of Mario’s goons is threatening Hugo and Emi. He tells Emi “The whore you went to bid with owed me money, that’s why we killed her”
“We will do same to you if you don’t forget this ever happened”
“Oh and by the way, it was your little friend here who uploaded the sex video, so watch out who you consider your friends”
Emi is completely taken aback by this revelation.

Natalia calls Regina to ask her help about the fight she had with Omar.
Daniela receives a call from Noemi, she tells her Emi is back at home and to please let Regina know. Regina is there in the car with Daniela and gets the good news.

Alonso is at another one of his trademark news conferences, this time about education. When he is done Magda comes over with the good news about Emi.
Once she gets home Regina rushes to find Emi sitting at the edge of the pool just chilling.
“Tell me what you need”
“I need nothing mom!”
“You know I had nothing to do with it right?”
“Yes I know”

At Cecilia’s Deborah is told that she is being shipped off to Spain and that it behooves her to build a new life there. Deborah is not happy about this, but hugs Cecilia, and Cecilia says please write to me.Mario has no patience for extended goodbyes and tells them he needs to talk to Cecilia, so get moving.
“What are you going to do with me Dad?” “Can I call you dad? “Mario gives her a stare full of resentment.

Gerardo informs Ximena that her mom will begin treatment for her addictions. She will be entering rehab.
At warehouse Omar gets Javier to agree to transfer all his funds to him. Despite Javier’s surrendering of his money, Omar continues to have him tortured. Javier pleads for mercy, a goon kicks him and Javier falls back, Omar goes over to him with his gun and puts hit against his forehead.

Omar calls Natalia, she asks “where is Javier?” Omar refuses to say. Omar asks where she is and then she says “What do you want, do you want to hit me again” and then hangs up on him.
Florencia’s mom appears on the news; she is denouncing the extortion attempt by the government. Regina hears this and becomes upset.

At the clinic where Tere will enter rehab, Ximena is sobbing and tells her mom she will miss her. Gerardo thanks the doctor and they leave.

Alonso demands that the investigation about his wife’s guards be discontinued, and filed away.
Pacheco walks in and tells Alonso that he has bad news.  “Florencia’s mom is speaking to the press about her daughter’s murder and the extortion attempt.”
“Fix this or you lose your job."

At Regina’s Natalia shows her the bruising on her face. Regina insists that Natalia file complaint against Omar. Natalia won’t do it and pleads to Regina.
“There is no justification for a man to hit a woman; you become an accomplice when you allow it!”
“Promise me you won’t get involved”
“If he does it again, there will be no promise”

At Cecilia’s Mario tells her that he will give her an opportunity to prove her worth.
“The time has come to see what you can do for your father and for yourself”
“This is your opportunity to be on equal playing field with your sister”
“What are you talking about?”
“I am talking about the Governor, you will work with him”
Cecilia looks stupefied “Are you serious?”
“Isn’t that what you wanted, be on the same level with your sister”
“I want you to buy expensive clothes, change your hair style, and do your makeup”
“What about my job?”
“From today on I will handle the girls”
“How is number 1 going to allow me into his group of insiders?”
“That’s my problem”
“You just get ready like you know how”
“I will do everything, so that you feel proud of me”
“I did not expect any less from you”
“I promise you dad”

Regina is leaving her house, she tells Daniela to get in touch with Florencia’s mother she needs to see her as soon as possible. At that moment her mom asks “and when are you addressing my concerns?
“Mom they changed my entire security team, I do not know how to find out the information”
“Here is the address and phone number, and if you are still interested in your father you will find the opportunity”
At the senate Ignacio is at a computer typing. When Gerardo walks in and says “I thought you had quit”
“Oh I’m just doing one last thing as the chief of the press; I am working on a memorandum for your signature”
“About what”
“The party wants you to give up your seat, they don’t trust you anymore, I am truly sorry believe me your political career is over, at least with this party”

At Regina’s office Daniela is asking “what do we know about Florencia’s mother”
“We found her but she refuses to meet with us”
“We think she is being backed by the press and the opposition in order to attack Regina, in order to prevent her new initiatives to be approved in congress”
“Do we have her address?
“Yes we do”
“I will personally bring her here”
Regina is in her car, when she recalls her mom’s request. She asks her chauffer to take her to the address on the paper her mom gave her.
Omar arrives at Alonso’s office.

“Why did you call for me?”
“Because my father in law has me at his mercy, he is the one who sent the hitman to kill Florencia”
“She was in accord with my lover to extort me”
“They have a video of my son, what do I do dad?”

Regina arrives at the address her mom provides, and she sees her father walking out of Cecilia’s apartment with Cecilia.
She sees them say goodbye, with a hug and a kiss.

End Chapter 3

Labels:


Comments:
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Due to the subject matter of this novela there will be strict moderation of the comments. Anything about current or past real-world political situations will be removed. Discussion will be limited to the story, the production values, and the actors' performances. Also, episode discussions will be closed once the next episode's recap is posted.
 

Sandie: Regina's father is also a disgusting human being & SADIST!
 

Sandie, thank you for your wonderful recap of another action packed episode.

Yikes! Mario actually says to Alonso he is only "taking care of his family." Omar actually tells Natalia "she made him beat her".

Who will turn out to be more dangerous and vile: Mario or Omar? Funny that it is the two old guys that seem to be running things from the shadows. Compared to them, Alonso still has his training wheels on.

I was surprised Deborah was not more excited to be sent to Spain. She could have ended up dead. She is not too smart.

I cannot wait to see how Mario gets Cecilia a job with the governor. Will Regina recognize her?






 

Great recap Sandie and thanks for do this for us.

My head still spins to keep up since everybody is related in some way to everybody else but they may or may not know it, yet. It's gonna get rougher keeping up with truth, half truth and lies.
 

Good work, Sandie.

This episode makes me think that Mario is the sicker of the two puppet masters here. He is setting up Cecelia to become Deborah's replacement. The sex video of Florencia and Emiliano is a mere firecracker compared to the powder keg that this will be.

I don't think that Regina will recognize that Cecelia is her half-sister. That revelation is too far off yet.

Gerardo defending Regina may or may not have been a bad move vis a vis his party. I think Ignacio is an Omar wanna-be and he is using this as an excuse to run for the exit. He wants to play dirty and Gerardo won't let the games begin.

I don't think Teresa will make any effort to clean up her act. She will do whatever it takes to get attention -- even negative attention -- from Gerardo and anyone else. If Gerardo's political career ends up in the dust it will be her fault.

Tofie, you made a great point about the lies and half-truths. This was one of the biggest challenges in GG's other work, YNCELH. One needed a scorecard because there were too many lies told by the same people to different people about the same thing.

I can't believe this is pre-empted tonight and tomorrow, but just to let you all know that Alfredo is the Monday man for this series. You get me on Tuesdays.
 

Thanks for this most excellent recap, Sandie. You've done a great job in presenting this rather complex and difficult to follow story in a straightforward, easy to follow and understand narrative.

Regina was stunningly beautiful and poised in this episode. She really rocks the crisp retro June Cleaver look. Very elegant.

I don't quite understand why everyone is treating Emiliano so delicately and with such deference. Some of this seems to be guilt-driven. A little more parental authority with a dollop of tough love might be in order.

I have high hopes for Teresa but fear that they may be misplaced. I still like her spunk. I sense that deep down Gerardo just wishes that somehow she would simply disappear. I really don't care for his hypocritical sanctimony.

UA, I don't quite agree that Mario is sicker than Omar. I do think that he is much more frightening and dangerous. He is relentlessly focused and completely amoral. I also don't quite see him planning to replace Deborah with Cecilia but got the impression that he truly intends (as he said) to elevate her to a level of power close to that of Regina in his little empire thus ultimately putting the two at odds with one another. Of course Cecelia is almost certainly destined to become the evil sister (which of course is just fine by me).

Carlos
 

Carlos, what you joint pointed out -- Mario putting his daughters at odds with each other -- is the reason he is sicker. If Alonso weren't an only child, Omar would have had the opportunity to do the same, like Eladio did with David and Franco in PyP. But since this is only episode 3 we don't know yet whether there isn't a bastard son of Omar's out there.

SG plays evil sisters well, so this is inevitable.

Your point about Emiliano has another element to it: Mario and Noemi live with Regina and Alonso. I think that either Regina has done what she could to protect Emiliano from Mario or Mario has been hiding his true nature from her all her life, along with his actions. What is so disturbing about all this is that Alonso knows that Mario has a secret daughter and he never seems to have addressed this as an issue. He doesn't or will not care how Regina will be affected when this piece of sh*t hits the fan.

Regina is no June Cleaver. I think her clothes are what they are because SN looks good in that era's clothes.

Someone pointed out before that Blanca Guerra was originally approached to portray Regina. There must have been massive changes made for Sylvia.
 

Excellent and very complete recap, Sandie. I really liked your "Pat him on the back, please." The recaps for this tn are so thorough that I know that if I ever miss an episode it will be easy to catch up. Omar seems like the worst kind of sadistic gangster. Mario is a bit more subtle. Whew! Mario didn't kill Debora and Cecilia--at least not yet. Though I wonder if Debora will really go to Spain--or if she'll end up wearing concrete slippers in the nearest lake. I wonder if Mario is telling the truth at all about his motives for killing Florencia. Since he employed both Debora and Florencia, it's unlikely they would blackmail someone behind his back. I believe he said something about his real motives in one of the first 2 chapters. If there had been a blackmail scheme on anyone's part (probably Mario's), Hugo spoiled it by uploading the video. I'm glad Florencia's mom didn't take the bribe, for whatever reason. It serves Mario and his thugs right.
 

And about yesterday's ancient coin/token: It's a reminder that women have now been sex slaves for thousands of years.
 

Thank you all for your comments, I apologize for any thing I left out, and hope the post looks OK, I will try to format better next time.

UA Alonso knows that Mario has a secret daughter? I missed that, I don't think he knows about Cecilia.

I also agree with your puppet master comment I was tempted to include this in my intro yesterday. It is from a Metallica song

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream

I think Cecilia will turn out to be just as bad or worse than Mario, she will want to please her dad, but ultimately she will resent how he has treated her all these years. Never his favorite, always fighting for a place in his heart, having to prove herself.

Sandie

 

Thanks Sandie. Enjoyed your recap and your format was very readable.

Strange idea to make your daughters "equal" by arranging to have your bastard daughter be the eventual amante of her legit sister's husband. Keeping it all in the family in the worst possible way.

And yes, I too puzzled about Silvia Navarro taking on a role intended for Blanca Guerra. But happy that Navarro is in this.
 

Hi. I realize this isn't part of the discussion here but I'm currently unable to watch this show. And I'd been looking forward to seeing Sylvia Navarro again. I live in Ithaca, NY. Spectrum recently bought Time Warner and I've lost Univision in the process. Just as Hulu cancelled their contract with Univision. I've just been on chat for 40 minutes with Spectrum, just to hear "I'm sorry, Univision is unavailable." Does anyone have any help on this topic. JudyB, I think I remember you're nearby.
 

Gosh no Ithabill, I'm in Columbus Ohio and we have Univision and Unimas with our Spectrum cable package, although it's a bit pricey. I hope that you'll find a way to watch this. If not, one telenovela that is still on Hulu is Doña Barbara, and since I've never seen that, I'm enjoying watching it. A "fall back position" perhaps? Wish I could be of more help.
 

Can you get to Univision's website? Or UnivisionNow but that's $6 per month.
 

Sandie, thanks for the Metallica lyrics. They sure fit.
 

SpanProf, "gangster" is the perfect descriptor for these men.
 

Thanks, Jarifa. Ithabill: Both Direct TV and Dish offer Spanish-language channels, but they too tend to be a bit pricey, at least the full-scale Direct TV is.
 

Thanks for the recap! I'm gonna read it later. I plan on rewatching the three episodes to understand them better. I really wish LC had gone to Univision. I'm not interested in narcos like La Piloto.
 

Bienvenidos, TF.I'm not a narco fan either.
 

Thanks, UA. I didn't know about UnivisionNow. $6 a month is worth it.

 

Thank you so much for the recap, Sandie! I finally got to watch the episode and it's still moving a mile a minute.

Ugh Mario is scarrrrrry as hell. Cecelia physically cringed and covered her face more than once in his presence. At least now Regina is on to his tricks so she's probably thinking lover and not half sibling. When that blows, the carnage is going to be epic.

I feel so bad for Ximena, she's way too young to be in the middle of this mess, as is Emiliano, who can't even rely on his one friend to not stab him in the back for his own personal gain.

I love Regina's look, very classy and refined. While Blanca Guerra may have been the original choice, Silvia still possesses the same elegance and poise to pull off the character. It seems little tricks were probably done to the backstory but it makes it more exciting as the student may surpass the master.

Ithabill, that sucks about your cable but I have UnivisionNow and love it. It lacks CCs in some areas but excels in other like the OnDemand section. I got the $50/year deal and the Iive TV option has come in handy as well. Hope to see you around more often.
 

Alfredo, I cannot wait for Mario to have to explain to Regina who Cecelia is. What lie will he make up for that one?
 

Good recap Sandie!
 

Thank you, Sandie--I've re-read your recap twice, and watched the last two episodes twice as well. Gearing up to identified all the characters and their relationships. So far, what Stevey promised is being delivered.

Carlos--How nice to see you in print again. It's been too long. I made Cochinito pibil about a month ago and remembered you and the Lovely Linda in the first bites.

I, too noticed that Wardrobe is doing a very good job to tone done the boob-and-high-heels effects. Even Debora was decently dressed for a high-priced call girl. Cecelia, not so much, didn't care for her T-shirt. Maybe she'll clean up well for her "job" with Alonso. I especially liked seeing Regina in slacks and a short-sleeved sweater AND flat shoes AT HOME! Thank you, Wardrobe. I feel better already.

Interesting that Regina has to call her husband Alonso, the 2d one, after Alonso in AB and Regina was her bio-mother's name in CME. Who picks these names, anyway?

The story is already getting complicated with Mario sticking his nose into all aspects of his daughter's, grandson's and SIL's life. He will be the lynchpin in this story, although I'm not going to put anything past Omar or Alonso himself.

To date, I find this to be true. It's still a man's world out there.


 

Anita, agreed about all of the characters, it's getting easier figuring out the relationships. The only ones I have trouble with is all of the goons, ehh sorry "body guards".

Alfredo, absolutely agree about Mario, as I said he was so matter of fact when he said he was responsible for Florencia's death. I won't be surprised if more blood is spilled by him and for him, I would actually be surprised if it wasn't. Omar is probably my least favorite character as I said he is a COWARD, and again when he found out that Mario was responsible for the death of Florencia he was so calm, as was Alonso. These men sure are a trio of tyrants.

Sandie




 

Good sobriquet, Sandie--TRIO OF TYRANTS, indeed.

Poor Noemi, no wonder she drinks...she had to quash all her own dreams to "serve" her husband; Natalia, too. Gee I do love me some Helena Rojo, she only gets better with age--after only seeing her in El Privilegio de Amar and Amor Real.
 

Anita: SG does portray antagonists very well!
 

Omar said that expletive ?

Horrible excuse. That man must have gotten that Braulio-esque behavior from his parents.
 

I'm late to the game, and was so relieved to see I'm only three episodes behind. Really. I thought my DVR had messed up. Hopefully, I can get caught up today. Watching Stanley Cup finals on TV has messed with my TV life, and we've got another game to attend tonight (go Preds!). Can't help it... season tix holders for 17 yrs so ... WooHoooooo! (Um....yeah,,,,we are in shock along with the rest of the nation-LOL)

I've been so looking forward to watching this telenovela. THANK YOU, recappers, for your dedication, time, and labor!
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder