Saturday, February 03, 2018

Caer en Tentacion #75, 2/2/2018: Santi and Raquel try to move on, but Damian has a different Idea.


Present
Damian opens his eyes and the nurse calls doctor telling him that Damian has had a reaction. The doctor checks him out, and says he will need to run some tests because it could just be an automatic reaction which means nothing.
Raquel and Santi are in bed they are declaring their love for each other. Santi says ”I want to go far away with you, Benjamin, with the children, why not? Far away from all of the bad things, the bad people. I want to get lost in your eyes, in your heart, in your world, to be with you always. I need you." She leans over to kiss him.  
Jovita picks up a call from the hospital telling her that Damian “woke up” she says “are you sure, yes I will tell them. Mia your dad woke up”

Past
At the Becker household the four members are having a family dinner, Mia is extremely happy she wants to have a toast, she is happy Carol will not be part of the banquet business anymore. Damian not so much, he looks very down and not pleased with Mia’s extreme celebratory mood. Mia says “Lola should be fired too” Raquel and Damian don’t agree with Mia’s comment.
Florencia gets to work at the Alvarado’s; Santi asks her what happened with Vicente yesterday at their home.
The next day Mia is going to school, Damian tells her he is going to give her a ride because he wants to talk to Mia about how she is behaving. “Why do you express yourself about Carol and Lola the way you do?” she explains she is happy that the Alvarado’s are out of their lives. Damian can’t convince her that she is wrong and leaves without giving her a ride.  Raquel comes down and asks what happened; Mia explains that she can’t understand why Damian is so blinded by that family.
At the hospital Godoy and Antonio, discuss the shooting of Laura, “it was your gun Godoy”, Godoy explains that she was trying to shoot herself. “You could lose your job and it’s up to Laura if you continue to have your job or not.” “I also talked to Cecilia to leave you alone” Godoy looks desperate.
Back at the Alvarado home Flo denies knowing what happened she says“ he was drunk, I don’t know what happened, I was afraid,” Santi tells her not to be afraid, and next time call him..
Dam calls Carolina he is desperate to talk to her, he is like a caged lion not knowing what to do, calls Azucena over and asks her to go talk to Carolina "tell Carolina I need to talk to her”. Azucena says “Does Raquel know?” Damian says that she does not know but she probably senses something is going on. Azucena says that women have intuition and she may know. She also shares that she had been involved in a forbidden love, but self-centered Damian doesn’t even pay attention to what Azucena was sharing, he instead feels sorry for himself and says “I can’t control it, I love Carolina, and I know I will pay for this one day, I am a coward, I lie to my entire family” {yup Damian you are a dog}
Santi goes to see Raquel, she says “is everything ok?” he replies “Yes I just want to apologize for not coming like I said I would but something came up”. He then tells her the incident that Carolina had with Vicente. He then talks about what is happening between her and carol, he says ”I wish I had met you earlier, I have been so tough with my family, my dad was a cop  and there were rules at home and I brought that into my marriage, if I had met you sooner you would have benefited my marriage, I treated carol too tough“  Raquel looks like she is not understanding Santi so asks him, to sit and explain “Carol has had many problems , and I think I never helped, and then I met you and you helped me be a better man, you saved my marriage, you are my only friend , my first friend and I don’t want to lose you because of all of this”  Raquel replies and says “Santi you are my friend.  I love your son, your children, but something broke between Carol and I. when it’s broke it’s broke. She hurt me” Santi tells her “Carol loves you”. “She did it in front of my husband, I wanted a child and she exposed me in front of my husband, I don’t want to talk about Carol anymore”. {Combined scenes for continuity}
Mia and Julieta are having conversation “I need you to do me a favor, call Lola because she is the one that is provoking my father”. Julieta refuses to do her bidding, and tells her that she does not want to see her again.
Azucena gets to Carol’s tells her that Damian wants her to call him. Carol tells her “I think it’s best that he and I don’t see each other anymore, I have been getting some anonymous phone calls.” Azucena tells her she understands her. Carol than says “It scares me to think that Raquel may suspect something is going on,  tell him that I care for him but this is what we need to do we will just keep a good memory.”
In his office Damian looks at pictures of Carol and Benjamin longingly, He makes his victim face and sighs. Some time passes as they show lonely Damian and Carol at her home interacting with Benjamin.
Laura acts like a child throws her food, doctor tries to explain she needs a psychologist, “you told me I’m going to be disables how am I supposed to calm down”. Godoy walks in and stays and tries to calm her down. “Don’t touch me! See what you did to me, what else are you going to do to me are you going to leave me because I am handicapped? He says I am here, but she wants to know for how long.
Some weeks or months later, at church the Alvarado’s get there to baptize Benjamin. Nacho is pleased because he is the godfather and later we learn that Lola is the godmother.
Damian and Azucena are in his office and she says “today was the baptism” “yes it is very hard for me not to be there with Carol and Benji, Benji is my son also”.
At church Benji is being baptized, Lola is the godmother and holds the baby, Damian shows up to the church holding a present, Santi sees him and smiles, and Carol sees him and panics.
At her home Raquel is melancholy about missing the baptism and spends time in the kitchen with Jovita, who notices that Raquel can’t focus.
The baptism is concluded, fake Damian comes over to bring present to Santi.  He says he is sorry about Raquel, Santi thinks that soon things will be better.
Damian goes to give carol a hug leans in and says “You don’t know how much I wanted to say that Benjamin is my son when I walked in to church” he then leaves without saying anything else.
Later at the Alvarado’s they are having a reunion to celebrate the baptism. Mia and Fede walk in to bring a present for Benji, Carol’s phone rings and Nacho who is drinking to celebrate tells her  “you are getting a phone all”. He thanks carol for allowing him to be the godfather, she says they love him and then walks away to take the call she says “Don’t drink anymore” as she leaves. On the phone it is Damian who says "Carol I wish I was there with you, do you want us to be separated?"
Raquel is in the kitchen with Jovita, she is obviously not focused because of Benji. She says that it is also about Raquel and says that it was more than just about Benji, she also sensed something, does not know what. {Yes Raquel, trust your gut}
Present.
In the hospital Cynthia goes to see Godoy, he says “I will get better soon.” She tells him “I was so afraid when they told me you were shot, you know you are important for me right?” Of course Laura walks in and hears Cynthia, and makes a fart face at her.
Santi and Raquel are in the shower having a very passionate moment when Raquel gets a phone call from Fede, they don’t hear it because they got better things to do.
Mia losing her mind because Raquel does not answer, she tells Jovita she is leaving without Raquel “my mom is probably with Santiago, she does not care.”
Miriam arrives at the hospital and makes a grand entrance, {over actor} about to faint, they tell her she needs to calm down and then she says “I’ll be better if I can see him”
Fed tries to call Raquel, again, she is out of the shower Santi hands her the phone and Fede tells her that Damian Woke up. She is to say the least shocked.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Sandie!

I must admit I hate Caro and Dam so much that I ff through their scenes, unless it is Dam in present.

Dam didn't blink while the doc was shining his light in his eyes. Are they going to slow roll his awakening?

Mia is still my number one suspect. She is so psycho that she would cut off her nose to spite her face or basically hurt Dam to kill Caro.
 

Thank you, Sandie. I missed part of this last night.

What can I say beyond “yup Damián you are a dog”?

I got tired of Raquel being sooooo upset she couldn’t go to the baptism. As a matter of fact, I found it sort of strange.

How long until Damián awakens and talks?


 

Thanks Sandie!

If Damian thinks Carolina is being harsh by not letting him be close to Benjamin, he should’ve thought about that before impregnating his lover. Clearly nobody cares about forms of contraception (Lola and Juan included).

I love the scenes with Raquel and Santiago in the past. Even though their friendship seems like it could’ve built into something more before the accident I don’t think it did which therefore doesn’t make Raquel and Santiago suspects in the murder.

Can we have another Santiel shower scene? lol

With each passing episode I get more confused by the Damian/Mia relationship. Mia obviously hates the Alvarados. That does possibly make her a suspect but I need more clues.
 

A real friend doesn't take your weaknesses & attack you at your lowest point. That's what Carolina did to Raquel, and Raquel had to finally wake up to the fact that while she was Carolina's friend, Carolina was not HER friend.

Because Carolina accused Raquel of trying to harm Benjamin, there was no way Raquel could've continued to be around Benjamin, let alone continue to be his godmother. She can't be accused of trying to harm Benjamin if she makes a point not to be around Benjamin. But it still hurts anyway.

Raquel is pretty straightforward and upfront. I don't think she can stomach being around shady people (more on this later).

We found out on Friday's episode why we don't see Julieta in the future/present: because she's tired of playing Mia's revenge games.

I loved how Santiago spoke about Raquel.

Godoy needs to turn himself in to the police commission about sleeping with Celia and mishandling his service revolver so he can get rid of Laura. Losing the baby & being shot/disabled is 100% her fault and she doesn't want to take responsibility for that. So Godoy needs to take responsibility for his part & turn himself in to get rid of any leverage Laura has on him so he can divorce her and have a fresh start.

Azucena might've been the Other Woman long ago, and that's why she's the only person who knows about the affair who has had any compassion for Carolina.

Miriam was so overjoyed that Damian woke up but she was trying to pull the plug on him earlier. Sit down, lady.

Because I don't think Raquel can deal with the shadiness, even if she weren't now with Santiago, her marriage to Damian would be over.

Santiago, however, would've taken Carolina back, I think. I think he would've stayed for Benjamin's sake. I also think their marriage would've continued to deteriorate.

Damian & Raquel's children are grown, so there's no good reason why Raquel would've or should stay married to Damian.
 

Gracias, Sandie.

I think Damian is weird with Mia because he senses on some subconscious level that she is Miriam's Mini-Me. She is just as big a snob as Miriam and is just as selfish in other things. At this stage I'm not sure it would benefit her to know what Miriam did to him, despite that it would benefit us as flies on the wall to know the details.

It will probably take until the end of the series to find out whether Damian will recover or not. A couple of weeks ago I found videos on Youtube about people who came out of comas and if there is to be any medical verisimilitude in this situation he will likely have memory loss at the least and brain damage at the most likely thanks to Miriam's attempt at offing him. If the latter is the case, I hope Mia realizes that this is Screaming Mimi's fault.

Laura's situation is all her own fault. I want to see Fernando get free of her.

More later.

 

UA: Not shocked Damian woke up & I'm expecting him to go super EVIL.
 

Laura blames Fernando for everything that has ever gone wrong in her life since they were married. He is not responsible for her not standing up to her boss about working when she should have been home resting per doctor's orders. That led to her miscarriage. Fernando cheated on her with Cecelia which was a bad decision on his part but it would not likely have happened if she hadn't been coming on to him during a vulnerable moment in his life. She blames him for the injury we just witnessed which would not have happened if she hadn't taken his pistol and used it to threaten suicide (which I'm sure was grandstanding rather than an actual threat).

She needs a shrink as badly as Mia does.
 

Much to love here Sandie, beginning with "Santi and Raquel try to move on, but Damian has a different Idea" which of course was perfect. "He makes his victim face and sigs"...excellent.

I wonder if Damian would have been as determined to hold onto Caro had she not been so seemingly determined to stop the affair. Rather than declaring undying love and giving up everything for him, she actually seemed to want to keep her family and marriage intact and keep her affair with Damian's affair as a fond "memory".

But as it is, Damian's relentless pursuit has and will trigger more heartache. I could not believe he showed up at the church. Until that moment, Caro and Santi looked happy.

I think that Santi might have stayed with Caro had she admitted the affair. I don't believe though that he would have forgiven her. He does seem to have grown since Caro's death and I think he is being honest when he says Raquel has made him a better man. That said, him continuing his friendship with Raquel after she broke hers off with Caro would have been awkward at best.

If one had to choose whether Mimi, Mia or Laura were the most disturbed, no selection would be wrong.

Urban, I think you might be right in that we might not see or hear anything impactful from Damian til the TN ending is near. The police are spinning their wheels and I think his eyewitness account might be the only thing to uncover the truth.

Sandie, this was sensational. Thank you

Diana
 

Sandie--Gracias for the beautiful essay, masking as a recap.

Three things to enjoy again--
"He makes his victim face and sighs." Damian, you are NOT the victim here.
"Laura walks in and hears Cynthia, and makes a fart face at her." Oh, yes. Pity that Cin is not a virginal woman with a clean background, but she's the right one for Godoy, right now--someone who will not judge him and pile on the guilt. Get lost, Laura.
"Raquel gets a phone call from Fede, they don’t hear it because they got better things to do." MMMMmmmm, hot shower sex. I haven't seen too many of those lately. (I checked out Sortilegio's and man, does Monica Miguel set things up right for shower peeping. I could have been in that shower with William.)

I didn't think Miriam's reaction was so much overjoyousness, but terror. I don't think she wants him to be able to talk...just my take. She and Mia are both going back and forth on the "gondola ride" at the amusement park, wanting him to wake up and tell them what happened, to abject fear of what he might say. I'm not saying they did it. They are just coming across as having been involved. Now, Mia, more than the others. She's a schemer.

I'm not letting Andres and his squad of goons off the hook. Miguel seems more involved with the narcos than Andres. I'm sort of sad to see this move out of a tightly drawn, storyline based on pretty realistic inter-relationships, into the realm of drug and sex trafficking--with La Candidata-like armies of thugs that can be ordered around by powerful individuals with money to pay them off, being no object.

Of the ones I watched--I'm not putting Reina de Corazones in that category because it was a spoof to begin with--and meant to have killer squads around. Mujeres de Negro and La Piloto were certainly different because they started out with dark themes of corruption and violence.

I'm only saying that although CET touched on the subject when Miguel came to Andres with his proposal to launder money, I fear to see it becoming more important and a way to solve the conflict, instead of focusing on those family inter-relationships. JMHO.
 

I don't think Azucena and Dam were ever lovers but I think she may be in love with him.....or maybe she was in love with his father.
 

Carvivlie--The father sounds like a good choice. She is fiercely loyal to Dam (BA=before accident) AND Raquel (AC=after accident).
 

Now there's a thought, that Azucena may have been Damian's dad's mistress. But if Miriam thought for a second Azucena was the Other Woman, she would've been fired upon Damian's dad's death.

Antonio alluded to Godoy being fired {in the past} for Laura's shooting (and Laura being the only one who could save Godoy from being fired) and also sleeping with a witness (Cecelia) was unethical.

Laura has alluded to Godoy being fired/put in jail for what he did {in the future/present}.

Whatever it is, Godoy needs to turn himself in and deal with the consequences so Laura no longer has any leverage over him and so he can have a fresh start.
 

Lovely recap Sandie.
First,I do not like Mia.She is a nasty
Evil selfish little evil bitch. I know
Thats been said before down through the episodes, but it's really sticking
Out now like a smashed thumb. She's so
Hateful.

Santi wants to go away with raquel,the
Baby and the children,does that includ
The evil twin...mia? She can stay with
Mimi and take care of Damian. Feed him
And change his diapers.
When he said"I Know I'm going to pay for this one day", he was prophesying
His own future. And paying he is. And
Its so sad when people make really bad
Choices and don't consider the fallout
That will affect everyone around them.
Now like I said before, these people
Had some problems before they decided
To kick caution to hell and do what
They did, but this just brought it to
The surface.

Laura should pack up and go to new York and fight her way to the top and
Be the successful fake news reporter she is. She's good at. They'd love her on that news network which shall remain nameless. Hint-They love fake news, use Your imagination.

Damian popped his eyes open, mimi fake
Faints. Here comes the title save.

Thank you Sandie

 

The Title "Wave".
 

Nina--You always tell it like it is (or was). Keep it up. "Mimi fake faints." That's what I thought, too.
 

Amotns (from comments on #74--" Urban anthro- your theory about fingerprints makes a lot of sense. Of course Caro would have taken the gun with her ( several good reasons). And also good reasons for Damians fingerprints to be on it —� I mean a few logical explanations since he is right next to her in the car and/ or someone stuck it in his hand."

Just HAD to comment. If we accept this theory, which does make sense, then HOW did the gun get back into Santi's drawer, then removed and thrown in the woods with Dam's prints on it AFTER he died.

The only way that theory works is if Raquel found the gun in Santi's drawer 3 years ago, but that's not what happened. If Caro had still been alive, what would Raquel have been doing in his drawers (and I mean the wooden kind)--unless, of course one of the story-boards in production got shuffled out of order. I'll go back and watch that episode again, just to make sure.
 

Thank you Patio Peeps for all of the very insightful comments.
Anita: the plot gun again, yes how did it get back in the "wood" drawer...lol, I have a theory: the gun that was found by the boys is the one that had a missing digit, and it may not be the one owned by Santi's dad, maybe the one that was owned by Santi' dad is the one Juan has or there are so many people that could have taken that gun from the drawer after Raquel saw it. What we need to know is who had access to the drawer after Raquel saw it. Miriam, Mia, Juan, Florencia, Laura? Head is spinning again. So many gun's so many possibilities.

Carvivlie: Damian and Azucena were not lovers, she was just trying to tell him that she understands how he feels because she once too had a forbidden love.


Anon 207: Santi's declaration about how he loves Raquel was incredible, "lost in your eyes, in your heart, in your world" yes yes yes!!!

One last comment, I think Damian's obsession with Carol is not love as he calls it, I agree with you Diana, I think if Carol was not trying to end it he would have tired of her and it would have ended. The fact that she is trying to end it adds to the excitement for him. How dare he go to the church, especially because his wife no longer wants to associate with Carol, he should have respected her. But what am I talking about Damian is all about what he wants, what he needs and everyone else can go to hell. I want an anvil for him better than death. He and Carol are responsible for this mess, and she paid the ultimate price, he cannot come back and regain his life, no sir. ok said my peace.



 

Thanks, Sandie. Loved this line: Santi sees him and smiles, and Carol sees him and panics.

I'm as annoyed with Mia as everyone, but she's young so I'm still hoping she agrees one day to submit to a shrink and find herself some redemption.

It's never been confirmed or not whether Damian had previous affairs, but I'm guessing he has but that Carolina is the only mistress he fell in love with. If he could keep Carolina and Raquel both, he'd have been perfectly happy.

Interested to see whether we'll see a confrontation between Santi and Damian. Santi has expressed a lot of anger and bitterness about Caro, but there's not been much out of him about Damian. I agree that Santi would've taken Caro back had she confessed. He put Caro on lockdown for many years, by his own words, he hadn't even brought her a gift for a long time till that bracelet. Took her for granted big time. No wonder Caro went buck wild when Damian gifted her those red CFM shoes and later their own little getaway. Not excusing Caro for all she's done, but Santi does realize his hand in Caro turning to another.
 

We also need to ask ourselves about the gun Juan threatened Lola and Bebo with. The last we saw of it it ended up under a pieced of the Alvarado's living room furniture. We didn't see any of the police take it out to bring it into evidence.

How many times has he been in the house? We know he was there several times when Carolina was alive, but what motive would he have had for taking the gun then? What motive would he have had for killing her?


 

Juan is loco. Caro complained to someone(?) about him and told Juan never to darken her daughter's door again, but kept this all from Santi.
 

Urban: I imagine that the police took the gun, Godoy did see Juan pointing it at Lola, so It must have been checked into evidence. They may need to run some test on it and determine whose gun it is. As I said earlier, I think the gun the boys found and the gun that was in Santi's drawer may not be the same gun. We are assuming they are the same gun because it had most of the digits of the gun that belonged to Santi's dad but not all of the digits. Antonio said there were 9 or ten possible owners one of them was Santi's dad. It is just far fetched that the gun was used to murder Carolina, then it was brought back to Santi's house, and then it disappeared from Santi's house...why? If I'm the murderer and I used Santi's gun, I would just have left it at the crime scene to be found and to incriminate Santi unless I am Santi or I love Santi.
 

Niecie: Juan is going to likely follow through on his threats towards Bebo & Lola.


 

Anita, something else occurred to me as I read your latest post. If the gun found at the crime scene had 9 or 10 possible owners one of whom was Santiago's father, how likely is it that the other 9 would also have been cops? Wouldn't a police department purchase standard model guns in some quantity and likely distribute them to cops in the same precinct?
 

His motive for killing Carol just, Shear insanity.
 

Urban--Yesssssss!!! Ant should be checking out all the police weapons' serial numbers, including Rafael and Nando's. However, it was my impression that the list they had of other owners only included Santi's dad as being close to the crime/investigation. Darn...there goes another theory down the drain.

Niece--You are correct, it has not been confirmed that Dam had previous affairs--we've never heard any names associated with him. What we DO have is an earlier statement by Andres, that he covered up Damian's affairs--and here he used the plural (Epi #58). He may have been trying to make Dam out to be worse than he was, but since Dam can't defend himself, we have to go with what he said. Vale? We always assumed he had because he was sooo smooth and knew all the moves.


 

Some men just have the gift of the Blarney, which is an asset in business. On a personal level it's a good defense mechanism.

I just found some disturbing videos on Youtube about women who abused their children in ways we suspect Miriam of abusing Damian. Comments are disabled on those for a good reason.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder