Friday, January 25, 2019

Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia, Capítulo 94, Thursday, January 24, 2019: Goodbye to Gabriel

Gabriel appears as a disembodied spirit to his triplets and speaks to each of them before he leaves. He tells them how much he loves them and that they have the best mother in the world. He tells them not to forget him and that he loves them and that one day he will be able to hug them. Then he disappears.

Daniela is in bed crying with Eugenio and Linda with her. Of course she doesn’t understand why any of this happened and can’t accept that Gabriel is dead. She says she has lost the will to live now because of Gabriel’s death. The family tells her she must remain strong because of the babies. She says she wants to be left alone, so the family leaves. As they leave, Gabriel appears again as a disembodied spirit who tells her how much he loves her and how lucky he was to have been her husband. He tells her to be strong and that their love is eternal. He will be with her every day in her heart until the day they meet again. He kisses her goodbye and it’s as though she did feel his kiss. As he leaves, he says, “I love you and I love our three children.” He tells her that he learned so much from her family and he will see her in eternity. Then he disappears in the twinkling of the eye.

In the hallway, Nonno, Guido, Casandra, and Clarisa look in on the babies. They are all crying.


At the school playground, Ari is angry about learning that his father wants to sue for custody of his baby brother. His phone rings and it’s Polita to let him know that the triplet were born. But also gives him the sad news that Gabriel died suddenly of a heart attack right after the birth.

At the Córsega apartment, the family grieves together. Audifáz offers some spiritual comfort about God’s ways being mysterious [oh that is so cliché!].  Tulio says they must not lose their faith. During this faith and God talk, Ari decides to call his father a hypocrite and denounce him for trying to take custody of his little brother. Audi then gets angry and yells at him to have some respect. An argument ensues about it. Then Susana stands up and says that this is not the time or place for this, but Ari thinks it is. Then Eugenio tells him the same—not the time or place and that Daniela needs their support right now.

Linda helps Daniela get ready for Gabriel’s funeral, but she says she wants to go see her babies first before going.

At the hospital, Daniela cries and tells Linda she wants an autopsy done for Gabriel. Linda tells her that heart attacks in young people are very grave, and Gabriel was probably under a lot of stress and pressures. Dani cries that maybe this was her fault, he was a strong man. Linda tells her that having an autopsy will not take away the pain either.

The Musi sisters are crying to their grandfather about how good Gabe was and how he was the foundation to their family. Guido on the other hand fantasizes about how he put poison in the food without anyone noticing—the kind of poison that would not show up in an autopsy and that would weaken the heart to the point that it could not pump blood.

Diana and Hugo talk about what might have been the cause of the belching incident. Hugo asks if she thinks it might have been one of the children and Diana says it does look suspicious.

Susana and Grecia are talking and Grecia has another specialty! She is also has training in thanatology, the study of death, grief, the terminally ill, and their families’ needs. [Is there no end to this woman’s specialties?] She says she can offer her services to Daniela and the family. Then Pancho mentions that because of what happened with Gabriel’s death, it’s best that he and Susana postpone their wedding for a while. Susana agrees, this is not the moment to celebrate yet.

Daniela arrives for the funeral and meets the rest of the family. She comforts Frida and tells her that Gabriel loved her too. The Musi family arrives and they all hug Daniela. Guido comes to Daniela and hypocritically tells her that Gabriel could never have found a woman better than her. He gives her poison kisses on each side.

Gabriel lies in his casket and each of the family comes to pay their last respects to him. Dani comes to the casket and takes the little kerchief out of his pocket, refolds it, and places it back. Each person says something about Gabe that they remember and learned from him. In the background, Gabe is beaming at each of them, agreeing. At his own Musi family, he hears Clarisa saying to take care of their mother. Then he appears as though Guido can see him and just looks sadly at Guido. Daniela recites all her memories and joys about Gabriel, their dating, their engagement, their marriage. She vows to teach their children all about him so they can know that he was their father. He “appears” to Dani again coming behind her saying, “I love you. Be strong. You are the best woman on earth.” Then he disappears.

In the background, Blanca appears saying, “Hija!” Dani turns and sees Blanca walking up to her and Dani runs into her arms. Then David runs in and goes to hug the rest of the children, they gather in a group hug.

Daniela goes home to an empty house and brings Gabe’s ashes. Blanca and Eugenio want her to come back home to live so that they can help her take care of the triplets when they come home. Dani says she wants to go to the hospital to see her children, that is where she wants to be. Linda offers Daniela something to eat, but Dani says she is not hungry. Eugenio tells her she needs to remain strong for her babies. Right now she is also sad because she cannot hold them or touch them. And now she says she would like to die too! But the only thing keeping her going are the three babies.

Imelda has her Rosary and prays to the Virgin Mary to give Daniela strength and for Gabriel to rest in peace.

All the kids gather together at home, Frida continues grieving for her Uncle Gabriel. But they are all glad that David has returned.

Guido tells his grandfather that he will be there for him and be the best grandson he can be to help the Musi family. He gives his grandfather a poisonous kiss too.

Pancho and Susana are cuddled on the couch and she makes mention about how these babies are going to group up without their father. Pancho responds by saying that it’s a  tragedy and it triggers his own memories of when his previous wife died and left the children motherless. Susana tells him he was very strong and Pancho says it’s because he had to be, for the children’s sake. She cries because she feels very powerless right now trying to keep her promise to unite the family. It makes things very difficult because Julieta and Robert are gone too.

Temo and Ari talk about how short life can be. Temo mentions how Dani will see Gabe in her children’s smiles and eyes. They both decide the most important thing in life is love.

Daniels goes back to the hospital to see her babies and tells them about their family and makes the promises to raise them right because they are her strength that will get her out of her grief. She says, “I love you all with all my heart and will always remember your father who also loves you with all his heart.”

Labels:


Comments:
No pictures in my recap tonight. I cried myself with this show and had trouble recapping it because of all the crying and sadness. Any photo that I could have picked up would have been sad and grim. I kept this on the short side too, it was just too painful
 

Jarifa, when I recorded this from my Direct TV, it labeled this show as episode #99, but for our purposes it should be 94 for Univision.
 

Thanks, Cynthia. Wonderful recap. Great description of Guido’s kisses as “poisonous”. Good call on Grecia who, it looks like , can do it all!!!!! Yes, if they hadn’t sliced and diced it would have been #99.

My favorite scene was seeing Blanca at the entrance at the back of the church. It is good that she and Dave are back.

I also liked Audi calling his father a hypocrite. It is about time somebody starts pushing back against the Audi, Imelda, Tulio branch of the family.

Of course, Dani is talked into no autopsy by who else but Loopy Linda.



 

Cynthia, your recap was touching and beautifully written.

I cried right along with you last night and am so grateful to you for bringing this to life with your eloquence.

“disembodied spirit”, “Then he disappears in the twinkling of the eye”, “poison kisses” and “faith and God talk” were among many favorites.

If we (and the characters) ever needed a sign from God “Blanca appears saying, “Hija!” was it. How do you spell hope? BLANCA.

When Gabe appeared to Guido in tears, my heart hurt. How will this lying, murdering character be unmasked??

“Linda tells her that having an autopsy will not take away the pain either”. I keep hoping this rather vapid character would say or do something to make her at least a bit likeable but this was very bad advice had me scowling even more. I believe autopsies are mandatory in the US for those under 55, not sure about Mexican law. But the fact that a healthy, young man dies so suddenly is cause for concern. And investigation.

That said “Guido on the other hand fantasizes about how he put poison in the food without anyone noticing—the kind of poison that would not show up in an autopsy” shows that while Guido is obviously mentally ill, he plans and plots with an unhealthy dose of evil.

I guess daddy Musi not appearing means that yet another actor had a previous commitment. I liked the character and sorry he isn’t here.

Grecia is the new wonder woman.” [Is there no end to this woman’s specialties?]” had me smiling Cynthia. Prefect.

Audifáz offers some spiritual comfort about God’s ways being mysterious [oh that is so cliché!]. Blech. Pure and simple. Kindness begins at home. Start practicing what you preach.

I am hoping that we've reached rock bottom. This family, Dani in particular needs a miracle. And Blanca's reappearance means things are looking a bit brighter already.

Thank you Cynthia.

Diana
 

Our comments crossed Jarifa.

"I also liked Audi calling his father a hypocrite. It is about time somebody starts pushing back against the Audi, Imelda, Tulio branch of the family". Well said and I couldn't agree more!

I see we are also on the same page regarding Linda. Sigh.

Diana
 

Good Morning. I had to watch last night to see if Dani would go through with the autopsy...so disappointed that she didn’t. Linda was the one whobdud the talking, but I’m sure several of the other family members would have been against it, starting with Imelda.

Cynthia, thank you for this excellent retelling of such sad events. I don’t think I have ever cried so much during one show.

Jarifa, I do agree that it’s about time someone stood up to the stuffed shirt, but I also think, as the family did, that the timing was not appropriate...at least not to insist on discussing it.

Diana, the scene of Blanca returning was indeed a sign of hope. Dani needed her comforting arms and she was there, like any good mom would be. My eyes tear up just thinking about it so I think I’ll stop now.

Wishing a good day to all!
 

Whobdud? Should be “who did”. That’s what I get for trying to type on the tiny keyboard on my phone.
 

RGV Chick: Something tells me Guido will NOT stop until Daniela & those triplets are DEAD.
 

Thank you, Cynthia. I tuned in for two seconds and tuned right out. I cry a lot since October ,and I dont need a telenovela to cause more tears. This telenovela has taken a dark turn.
 

"Dani needed her comforting arms and she was there, like any good mom would be". So true! I have to admit that brought (good) tears to my eyes RgvChick. No one can compare to or ever replace your mother! Mine passed over 22 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

My dear Susanlynn, yes, this is a dark storyline at the moment. I hope you find something light and bright to watch that might lift your spirits a bit. Sadly, I have no recommendations as I seldom watch much these days, even trying to see this is challenging. Hugs.

Diana
 

Happy to have these excellent recaps since I cannot, just CANNOT watch this these days. Cynthia, I too loved "poisonous kisses". So perfect for our grubby, pusillanimous (thank God for spellcheck) little villain.

Wishing everybody a good day. I'm on my feet a lot doing some pre-cooking and pre-cleaning for a big family dinner tomorrow. And wishing I had better feet!
 

Thanks, Cynthia. You took one for the team covering this very sad episode. I myself didn’t have it in me to watch, but I did tune in for a moment and, thankfully, saw Blanca is back.

Gabriel was a young man who’d been through a battery of health tests first for treatment of depression and then for his ability to have kids. There was no heart problem detected, but suddenly he’s gone. Ugh, no autopsy is so infuriating.

Too bad when the spirit of Gabriel visits Dani he doesn’t tell her that Guido did it. We could have a Ghost storyline (remember Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze?) where the spirit drops clues for Dani, but of course Juan Pablo Minor has left the show, so nope.
 

Thank you for your recap, Cynthia. Wow. You did a great job with a powerful
episode.

This is the best funeral telenovela episode I have ever seen. (and I usually FFWD thru them but this was thoroughly watched) I went thru three Kleenex(!!!) and am glad I don't have to see anyone for a while, so my eyes can clear up. All the time reminding myself that this is a telenovela. It is fiction. But it was so very real. Well done, Osorio.

I loved seeing Hermoso there at the funeral. (Reminded me of that photo of George H. W. Bush's faithful service dog at his funeral.)

I loved all the "Gabe's disembodied spirit" scenes. I believe in that stuff, that it can and does happen.

Scenes where I Really Lost It were Dani re-folding Gabe's hanky, and Blanca walking into the church. Oy, here I go again......

It appears that Guido sensed Gabe crouched down next to him at the funeral. And Gabe was crying. Perhaps now that he is in spirit world, Gabe knows Guido did him in? That was the only person he confronted where he was crying. Gabe was at peace with everyone else. Personally, I'd like to see Gabe haunt the heck out of Guido, but the actor has other commitments. Darn.

Audi, I am so glad your God is not my God, otherwise I would become an atheist.

Guido's "poison kisses" reminded me of Judas.
 

Excellent recap, Cynthia! Guido was no doubt crying because the children were born alive and well. You are absolutely right, Diana (and others)! I can't believe the hospital wouldn't insist on an autopsy, give Gabriel's age and former good health. We really have to put on our telenovela beanies here! I wonder if Diana could have caused the belching incident? Hmmmmm.
 

Cynthia, thank you for a fine recap of a sad episode. I don't remember ever seeing so much crying before.

I was extremely happy to see Blanca return. I hope she will be around a lot now, not just briefly for a few episodes before something else calls her away.

I agree with everyone that not having an autopsy was a bad idea. I was reminded of an article that I read a couple of years back about the concern of some public health officials about the decline in the number of autopsies over the years. Autopsies can sometimes uncover foul play, but mostly they serve as a check on the quality of regular diagnoses and treatments, and can improve the overall quality of medical care. Insurance companies don't like to pay for them though, and hospitals, especially private for-profit hospitals, don't want to pay for them either.

Susanlynn and anyone else who finds the current story line in this TN too dark, you're not alone. I "watched" last night while I was working on the computer and I only occasionally looked at the TV, which had the sound turned down but not off. Meh. I got what I needed to know from the recap.

andy
 

I love our astute group. What intuitive, intelligent observations.

Niecie, you always see the threads that I so often miss. It didn't occur to me that Gabe had of course undergone testing for all the things you listed. Now his dying makes even less sense. Thank you.

doris, you recalled my favorite scene with Hermosa faithfully lying by Gabe's casket. So like George Bush's dog Sully. Your remarks about Guido were spot on. "Audi, I am so glad your God is not my God". As am I!!

"Guido was no doubt crying because the children were born alive and well". Oh my SpanProf, that sent shivers! And so likely, sadly very true.

Andy, I am also hoping Blanca stays. We and especially Dani and Eugenio need her.

And Judy, you descriptive "grubby, pusillanimous (thank God for spellcheck) little villain" was incredible. And OT, I suspect you are a gourmet chef as you do everything so exceptionally well. Enjoy your dinner!

So glad I made a few minutes to check the comments. The recap and every single comment today were invaluable. And appreciated.

Diana
 

Doris: I noticed that dog sequence at the funeral as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a "Ghost" sequence if they want to drag this out.
 

Thanks everyone, for all your kind comments! As I said, this was a very difficult episode to recap because I kept crying. Andy, I wish I could have watched it without sound myself, but since I was recapping, it was kind of necessary. 

I am very glad, like the rest of you, that Blanca has returned and that was the only thing in this episode that was good. I agree too, that rejecting an autopsy was very strange to me. Because foul play was not suspected, the police were not called in to order a forensic autopsy. All of us in TN land see the necessity of it, but from the characters’ perspective, it’s not necessary because this happened as “just one of those things.” Unfortunately, no one suspects Guido of anything yet.

I hate the thought of Guido going after the babies next. I hope he isn’t able to get near them.

We shall see what transpires tonight….

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder