Thursday, February 07, 2019

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): Betty en NY, El Barón, y más: Week of February 4, 2019

TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)

Here's Page 2 for the week.  The current evening telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Standard Time):

• 9-10PM—Betty en NY
• 10-11PM—El Barón

For people wishing to watch a novela from the beginning, Betty en NY began this Wednesday (Feb. 6). El Barón began just a week earlier, Wednesday, Jan. 30. Earlier episodes of both novelas are available on the Telemundo web site.

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation.  Since discussions of all the Telemundo novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
betty

Many thanks, novelera, for your comments. I too hope that other people will recap, though right now the prospects don't look all that good. You were the only one who responded in any way to my "here's some of what happened" posting.

I missed the preview of La Reina del Sur. I do plan to watch it, unless Telemundo makes a mess of it by, for example, bleeping half of what's being said. They had Arturo Pérez-Reverte (the very talented author of the novel) contributing to the original novela, and I suspect that was one reason it was so compelling and so much better than any other novela I've ever seen. But I'm cynical enough to doubt that Telemundo will take such pains with Reina2. I hope I'm wrong. I see that a different actor will play Oleg Yasikov. Sigh. Alberto Jiménez, who played Oleg in Reina1, was amazing. I'm very sorry he won't be in Reina2. Nor, of course, will the actors who played Teresa's first love, her second love (Santiago), and Pote, since all three characters died in Reina1. They were among the characters I most loved to watch.

I think it's almost certain that Reina2 will occupy the 10 pm time slot. I'd much prefer it to be the 9 pm slot, but I think the original was at 10 pm, as have most of the narco novelas that followed.
 

TELEMUNDO:

Juanita: I'm waiting for "ESDLC" to return.
 

Telemundo

Juanita, I also am unhappy that we won't see the same actor as Oleg in Reina2. Alberto Jimenez was FABULOUS! I have a vague memory of some program (Cristina show?) where the actors appeared after the final episode had aired. By the way, I miss those post novela shows. It was great fun to try my ear on very colloquial Spanish with everyone talking over each other!. Anyway, Jimenez was such a terrific person as himself!

We can hope that Kate del Castillo, who is quite a force of nature, will insist on a quality production.

Of course, one of the things about Reina1 that was so wonderful was the location: Melilla. Until I watched the novela I had no idea that Spain had cities located in Africa.

I hereby commit to some level of recapping since I'm retiring from the field until they show something that gets my attention.
 

I loved La reina 1 and cannot wait for 2. A different actor for Oleg? No! 😕 Does anyone have any idea when the second season is going to air? If you are interested in more drama in Spanish possessions in Northern Africa, try “El Príncipe”. It was my favorite novela which was really a Spanish tv series of a few of years ago. It only had two seasons.
 

TELEMUNDO:

Novelera: I heard that Kate del Castillo recently moved back to Mexico following the backlash in the United States over her association with El Chapo, etc.,


 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder