Friday, March 08, 2019

Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia, Capítulo 122, Thursday, March 7, 2019; Pancho comes through for Susana!



We begin with Audifáz returning Arqui to Polita. Then we go out to the hallway where Yolo is having a meldown about her father getting involved with Grecia. Grecia tried to tell Yolo that she is not trying to replace her mother. But Yolo thinks her mother is going to return to the family and can only focus on that. She runs off and Neto starts to go after her, but then lets her go.

Grecia finally says, “It’s better that I leave, since you need to speak with your daughter.” Neto says, “We can talk later.”

Back in the Córsega apartment, Audi tells Polita that he has tried to do the right thing and now he can leave with a clear conscience. Polita thanks him. Audi tells Eugeno that he laments about what happened and how it caused separation in their family. He bends down to hug Eugenio as he leaves.

Neto greets Audi as he leaves. Audi says he is not staying for dinner. Daniela welcomes him as they all say “Good evening” to each other.

Susana is trying to find out what is going on with Sebas in his bedroom, but he won’t let her in. She asks him how is stomach is and he says that it’s better. He just won’t let her in that room because he has such stinky feet and he doesn’t know what to do about it. [I’m sure Crisanta could advise him on how to bathe and soak his feet in some Epsom salts. Some new shoes and socks will help too if he keeps his feet very clean.]

Pancho meets with one of the Korean investors late in the evening. He strongly gives him the rundown on women are to be treated equally in this company, including Vice President Susana. He lets him know that women have always headed up the projects in this company and if he doesn’t like it, and does not agree with this philosophy, then they will have to break their relationship with him. He explains that historically, many have thought women to be weak and not capable of doing well. He gives compliments to his wife Susana for being the most intelligent, most capable and well prepared of them all.

Finally the Korean investor says, “Okay, then, I accept.” Pancho looks surprised. Then the Korean investor goes on to say how times have changed and they need to change with the times. They both shake hands with each other and smiles on their faces.

Susana goes to check on Julio. She tells him that monsters do not exist except in movies and your imagination. “But” she says, “You can always tell your imagination to put beautiful things in your mind. Also, your father and I are here for you if you need anything at all.” Julio’s eyes light up at Susana and he says, “You treat me very well. I really like it that you are my father’s wife—and my new mother.” Susana looks surprised, but very happy and says, “I too am happy to be your new mother. You can always count on me.” Before she puts him to bed and tucks him in, she asks Julio about Sebas and if he know if anything happened with Sebas today. But Julio says he didn’t know and that Sebas stayed in his room all day.

The Córsega family gathers for their dinner around the table. Polita thanks Blanca for a lovely spread. Then Neto apologizes that his children did not attend with him. Frida says she is excited to have more family. Neto then thanks them for dinner and their hospitality. Polita asks about Neto’s mother and he says that his mother died some years ago while he was still married and living in the United States. He refers to his family as “the four Reyes.” One of the babies cries and Daniela says she must attend to them. Frida is impressed how she knows each baby’s unique cries. She excuses herself from the table.

Across the hall in the Rey apartment, the twins ask Yolo what her problem is. She answers, “I hate our father!” She tells her brothers that she caught their dad kissing Grecia in the hallway. This means he forgot all about their mother and that he won’t be caring about them anymore either. [Just wait a few years honey, when you have a guy who dumps you for another woman and see how badly you want to forget about him.]

Daniela is making a video diary about being a new mother. She recounts that it’s difficult, but worth it. She makes reference to how her children look like their father and other family members. “Each child is special and wonderful.” In Dr. Carlos’ office, he watches the video and you can tell how smitten he is. Daniela sings the babies to sleep and Blanca comes in and tells Daniela how much she enjoys hearing her sing to her babies.  Blanca also brings up how it may be difficult when Juan Robert Pablo returns and what he might think about Neto also being a Córsega.”

Outside in the living room, Eugenio tells Neto he needs to speak to him. Eugenio wants to ask Neto’s forgiveness for not being there for him as a father. “No need to apologize. Neither of us knew the other existed.” Eugenio asks for his help to get to know him and to love him. Neto asks for the same. Neto calls him “Papa” and Eugenio calls Neto “son.” They both embrace. Blanca comes in the room and sees them and she smiles.

Temo comes to visit Ari and they talk on the stairs. Then Temo gets a nosebleed.

Andi and Santi tell Yolo she is exaggerating and they like Grecia. Yolo, now yelling at her brothers tells them there is probably a good reason her mother left. [Honey, it’s called cheating on your husband with a new stud with more money.] The twins don’t think she is going to come back to them. Very exasperated, Yolo walks away saying, “Am I the only one who wants our family to be reunited?”


Guido tells Mássimo that he has done well with his therapy and not to worry. In fact, he plans to stay late in the office to finish up some pending items so that he can trust in him again. “Fine” says Mássimo, “I’ll wait for you at home.”

Guido’s phone rings and it is Yolo. She tells him she is furious with her father and he (Guido is the only one who can calm her down. He offers to go see her, but she says she is being punished and cannot go out. They do some phone flirting. [Bleh! Like flirting with Ted Bundy]

Pancho comes home and tells Susana the good news regarding what happened with the Korean investor. Susana is overjoyed to hear this and loves Pancho even all the more. Then they sit down to talk about the “Flor de Oaxaca” contest and she wants to use it as a way to bring all the Córsegas together—and the Lopez family. They embrace, the music begins. She mentions going to their room and locking the door.

Frida has more cramps and Blanca feels sorry for her. Then she tells Eugenio that she saw him hugging Neto and thinks that they are all going to get along very well.

Back in his own apartment, Neto wants to speak with Yolo. She tells him that he will never understand her and to get out because she wants to be alone. He says he wants to help her, but she counters that if he wants to help, he can find her mother. She wants to ask her mother if she still loves her.

Julio does not want to sleep alone because he is scared. This presents a problem for Pancho who is looking forward to being alone with Susana. So he goes out to the kitchen where Susana is making something in a pot for Sebas to let ask her if it is okay to postpone their romantic evening together. Susana good naturedly tells him to go be with his son. She also tells him to remember that letting the children watch horror movies is not good for them. Then later she sits down to have some hot tea with Temo.

Dr. Carlos is skulking around the Córsega building trying to leave a gift for Daniela and he’s very nervous. He doesn’t want to get anyone’s attention. He leaves a teddy bear gift for her.


Labels:


Comments:
Cynthia, yes: “Bleh! Like flirting with Ted Buddy.” You have me laughing this a.m.. Thanks for the outstanding recap, screen caps and commentary.

I think one of the many strong points of this novela has been how well they handle the kids’ plots and how many of the portrayals ring true. Last night we went from Sebas trying to hide the stench of his fetid feet to Julio liking having Susana for a new mother to Temo with the tissue stuck up one nostril after the nosebleed. Then there was Yolo and her undying irrational wish that her parents be back together again.

Cynthia’s title said it all. Pancho did the right thing.

All in all, it was a very satisfying episode.
 

Superb Cynthia. Terrific screen shots.

So many exceptional lines. “[Just wait a few years honey, when you have a guy who dumps you for another woman and see how badly you want to forget about him.]” was perfect and a sage admonition.

Julio’s admittance he has a “new mother”. My eyes misted at the stoic child’s words.
I enjoyed Susana’s continuing bonding with Temo and Julio. I could watch that all night. Sweet and pure affection blossoming. Also enjoyed Dr. Carlos blundering around, under the lovely Dani’s spell. Dani’s time with the children was soothing. Many lovely moments to savor.

Jarifa, astute comment about Yolo. Yes, the children's plights are portrayed very realistically. And, like everyone else here, all are perfectly cast.

“Audi tells Polita that he has tried to do the right thing and now he can leave with a clear conscience”. If he thinks that atones for everything he is done, he is sadly mistaken. “I’m sorry” needs to be followed by a changed and vastly improved persona.

Happy Pancho stood up to the investor. I needed my beanie to accept he changed his mind so quickly but…

Perhaps I’ve just been watching TNs for too long but two things struck me. “Temo gets a nosebleed”. Surely this is significant? The second was Neto running into Audi on his way in. There was a split second where I thought, he is Audi’s son. Was there anything of importance that he sat next to Ari at the table??

Great title Cynthia. Thank you so much!

Diana
 

Cynthia: I hope Karma hits Yolo very BIGLY.
 

Diana, you and me both wondering about the nosebleed having significance and Audi maybe being Neto’s father. Here is hoping that the writers are merely playing with the viewers. With the rapidity of the pacing, who knows what calamities they could still fit in?
 

Wow, you were in fire with this one Cynthia. Your "red" comments just jumped off the page and that screen shot of Susana hugging Pancho was so beautiful. Just a well-crafted, wonderful recap.

Like Jarifa, my favorite was :

They do some phone flirting. [Bleh! Like flirting with Ted Bundy]

Yolo continues to be a gigantic thorn in everyone's side, including ours! But it is typical that daughters resent Dad finding a new woman far more than sons, who are usually like, "Well she makes him happy so it's okay." I've seen this play out so many times in divorce aftermaths. Guys often seem as ready to move on as their fathers.

Thanks Cynthia. Glad that the macho crisis was resolved quickly. Now on to the next problem and/or PSA!
 


Thank you,Cynthia.

Wow,, Diana and Jarifa, I did not see that foreshadowing .I

Judyb...more wise words. You have no idea how much I appreciate your comments each day. Yes, men and sons seem able to move on to a new relationship more easily and faster than women and girls. I know of a romance that was broken off because the daughter did not approve. And my cousin and my friend's son both remarried about a year after their wives died. I once read that men tend to deal with a death of divorce and then close the door and move on. It seems that is much harder for women to do ....or something they never do. My friend got divorced about 20 years ago . Her ex remarried right away (cheater) , but she is still single. My sister's husband died 30 years ago, and she never remarried.


 

Thanks everyone. I have no idea what the significance of Temo's nosebleed was. The last time I saw a nosebleed on a TN (not caused by a fist fight) was on "Enamorandome do Ramon". In that one, "Porfirio" started getting nosebleeds and was not feeling well. He finally went to the doctor and found out he had leukemia and died toward the end of the series. I hope this is not the case with Temo.

I think the reason a lot of men remarry so quickly after a divorce or widowhood is that they are so darn lonely. I know of two professors in their 60s who just lost their wives last year after a long illness. Well they are both engaged to be married for this year! I don't think women feel that lonely after losing a spouse. When my father in law passed away, my mother in law said right away she would not want another husband. Even my mother said that after my father passed. Even with younger women who are divorced or widowed, I don't see them in any hurry to remarry.

I think the reason Yolo still holds on to her mother returning is a fantasy. I had a foster child (well she wasn't a child any longer, but a grown 19 year old in college) who kept dreaming that her mother would no longer be an addict and that her mother and father would get back together and they would be a real family again. And I can't figure out why someone like Yolo would even glance twice at Guido.


 

JudyB, thank you when you said: "Wow, you were in fire with this one Cynthia. Your "red" comments just jumped off the page and that screen shot of Susana hugging Pancho was so beautiful. Just a well-crafted, wonderful recap."

Actually, last night I wasn't feeling very well. It was one of those days when I thought I might be coming down with something, so I was drinking hot tea last night as I watched and wrote. I'm surprised it came out as good as you said it did. This morning I woke up and there is no way I can go to work with this horrible sore throat and laryngitis. I don't want to get everyone else sick. Thank you again.

 

I have to agree that the portrayal of every situation is quite realistic but solved too quickly. Yolo is acting like any superficial privileged girl would. Maybe the reason she doesn't seem to listen to anyone other than Guido is because Guido treats her like an equal while everyone else just talks down to her. Yes her behavior merrits that but after the "scolding" her father hasn't really tried to get through to her and broken her down. He gives up to quickly. I like him with Grecia but its normal of her wanting her mother back. Neto needs to really explain to her why her mother left instead of trying to protect her all the time.

P.S
(Also I find it a little sick and disturbing for a commenter on here to wish the death of a child regardless of her attitude. No rebellious teenager deserves to get murdered and that thought coming from a supposed mature adult is very dark)
 

Cynthia, thanks for another excellent recap.

"Dr. Carlos is skulking around the Córsega building trying to leave a gift for Daniela and he’s very nervous." There do seem to be quite a few oddball doctors in Oaxaca. Dr Carlos should take it a little slower, Dani just lost her husband recently. She might even feel guilty if she started seeing someone else so soon. Sometimes we need to wait a while before we can give ourselves permission to move on. Just a part of being human.

"Like flirting with Ted Bundy" Yeah. While I don't approve of Guido and Yolo in any way, I have to admit that his interest in her is about the only decent human emotion he has had, perhaps in his entire life.

andy
 

Cynthia, so sorry that you are down with a horrible sore throat and laryngitis (my husband is too). But sometimes I think we do our best work when we are struggling to overcome a personal challenge--whether it be our health or our heartbreak.

Several years ago, I remember coming home late one evening after the funeral of a friend. I had to write a recap and just didn't know how I was going to do it. But the necessity of focusing on something besides myself actually turned out to be a small moment of reprieve from my sadness and desolation.

But sending you love, prayers and Susanlynn Good Vibes (((((())))))that you will feel better soon.
 

Cynthia, JudyB's comments reminded me I wanted to say something about your illness. First, I hope you feel much better soonest. Second, I agree with you that it's better for everybody when people with the flu or whatever just stay home for a while. Better for them and better for their coworkers who then have one less chance to become infected themselves.

It's not always possible, but when it is it's better for everybody.

:-)

andy
 

Judy: I just hope Karma (particularly Guido) hits Yolo BIGLY!
 

Cynthia, well, I am very lonely, but Nobody could ever replace my soulmate. I try to spend time with family and friends, but I can't imagine dating or marrying anyone else . Perhaps men can close the door on their old lives and move on. Perhaps they can ccompartmentslize their feelings. I can't imagine ever letting go of the sweetest man I ever knew. I guess my life from now on will revolve around my family and girlfriends. I loved my life with my husband. I guess the unhappiness you feel after losing a spouse is proportionate to the happiness you felt with that spouse.
 

Cynthia, I'm sorry you are ill and hope you feel better soon. Staying home was very thoughtful to others...

Susanlynn, I hope you find peace for your heartache...sometimes as much as we want to heal, the only soothing balm is time.

My experience is that women are very resilient and forge ahead on their own. Love lingers and if you've had the best, there is no replacement.

Diana
 

C.S. Lewis said something very similar, Susanlynn, after the loss of his beloved wife. He came to marriage late, but he was crazy about her. She brought joy and life to an intellectual, academic long-time bachelor. And so he mused that the grief now is the price of the happiness then.

But still, we all wish that you could have had your dear husband for so many more years. There was a charming couple in a nursing home here who had twin beds in their room but always went to sleep holding hands. I think all of us dreamed of having a marriage like that. And you did, for many years. But I see Hub, smiling and at peace, waiting for you in the next life with his arms outstretched, ready to enfold you once again.
 

Cynthia: Praying for a speedy recovery.
 

Susanlynn, I can only imagine how it feels to lose your husband and lifetime soulmate. It is rare to have such a wonderful marriage and you are one of the very blessed women to have had that. Not everyone has that kind of solid and loving relationship. Yes, that loneliness can be very painful and since I am not in your shoes, I can only imagine how you are feeling.

As I said earlier, it seems that some men move on very quickly after their spouse's death. I don't know if it is only the loneliness that causes them to jump into marriage within a year. Perhaps they are unable to thrive very well on their own and need to be with someone to soothe the pain of losing their previous wife. But I totally understand how you at this stage in your life can't imagine "replacing" your precious husband.

Judy B: Are you a C.S. Lewis fan? I love his books. I have a lot of his theology books and the Narnia series.

Thank you all for your wishes for my recovery. I am already starting to feel better. But last night, my throat felt almost as sore as when I've had strep throat. And the laryngitis seems to be lifting because can now use my voice and I couldn't talk at all this morning when I got up.
 

Judyb...I pray your words go from your lips to God's ears. I have two very dear friends...one who went to school with hub and me and one who taught with me and was part of our group of married couples. I try to see each of them once a week . They both keep telling me that hub would not want me to be so lost and sad....but i am.
 

Yes, Cynthia...I am a big C.S. Lewis fan. The Screwtape Letters, A Grief Exposed, Mere Christianity and of course the Narnia books which I read to my children. Reading him is like spending time with a very wise and learned friend. You find yourself saying "Yes, yes, exactly..." and yet you were never able to formulate it with quite that clarity and eloquence. No better bedside reading or comfort during times of stress. A master.

Susanlynn, of course you are feeling lost and sad. How could you not? There is no instantaneous healing from such a loss and no one should pressure you to heal any faster than you are doing. Grief is highly personal and comparisons never apply. And there's a reason why the minimum grieving time is a year or two before one is expected to "rejoin society".

It's good that you're spending time with friends, but again, respect your grief and give yourself all the time that you need. Hub was and is irreplaceable. But what a gift you had while he was here! You won the lottery with this fella. And he won it with you.
 

Judy B: I think I will download some C.S. Lewis book on my Audible account. C.S. Lewis does make bedtime reading and also listening.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder