Saturday, July 20, 2019

Por Amar Sin Ley, Season 2 Viernes 7/19/19 Episode 85 (and possibly 86): In Bad Company

San Diego:

Adrian determines that Jorge has no priors, is at the university on a scholarship, and did not take any money for this one-time collapse of common sense. Also the stowaways have already been deported, so hey, no blood no foul. He is optimistic but tells Jorge he must plead guilty. Since he totally did it, this shouldn't be a stretch.

Jorge is transferred to a larger prison, which freaks out Mami, but Adrian tells her it's actually good news: it means the Vega Magic has managed once again to secure them a wicked fast court date. His meeting with Jorge in the exercise yard is overheard by a tough-looking bald dude with a cigarette, but it's hard to tell if he's a plot point or just local color.

Depa Carlos:

Carlos is heading off to work when El Ciego slips in like a stray cat. He seems inexplicably delighted that El Gringo called him up on his own phone to threaten him. Where might he have gotten that number, hmm? After Carlos goes upstairs to get him some sudsy money from the safe, El Ciego looks like he's about to cough up a hairball.


Bufete Vega:

Lucia staggers into Roberto's office with a boo-hoo, poor-me story about being evicted from Aunt Estela's house by a vindictive nephew. He asks her lawyerly questions but seems to swallow the answers whole. Of course he agrees to take her case for free (but at least he's still calling her by her first name.)

Nicolas tries to warn Roberto about what he's sure is coming, but he is hobbled by his unwillingness to break his oath never to say anything bad to Roberto about Lucia. Roberto is resistant, even going so far as to say that Nic is starting to sound like someone who really WOULD try to  keep a boy from his mother. Nic realizes that Roberto is not going to believe until he sees, but he can't stand being in the middle of it -- he'll move out in the morning. Shall we guess who's going to be moving in...?

Bufete Ibarra:

Nancy cheerfully reports to Carlos that she has erased all evidence of his involvement with the Foundation; the paper trail now leads to Alan and Alan alone. She confesses to Carlos that she cares for him but will continue to "act" professional. Meanwhile, she has apparently abandoned her brief experiment with marginally modest dress, the threat of Michelle having convinced her to fight fire with flamethrowers.

Vancouver:

As predicted, Fede was just being kept on ice until he could morph into a surly, mouthy and possibly drug-addled adolescent. I must say he is very convincing -- Televisa must have a class (syllabus: stay out late, laugh maniacally at nothing, call your Mom a crazy paranoid so-and-so, slam doors.) Elena calls Ric for help, but first she slaps the kid a good one, occasioning a noisy cheer and another round of drinks on the Patio.

Reclusorio Benji:

Benjamin sidles up to Ramiro and tries to convince him that they can BOTH buy their freedom with a little information about his late brother's, ejem, business associates. Ramiro tells him it's not worth the risk: look what happened to Jacinto. Why, even the prison guards and the police are on the Indefinite Noun's payroll. Benji lays this all out for Ric, who is unmoved: no info, no legal help. Ben agrees to keep at it. (Sofia has already done all the work on reopening the case, but Ric must be holding that card close to his chest.)

Depa Michelle:

Carlos arrives with wine and flowers, and Michelle welcomes him with a thigh-high slitted skirt. She tells him he is the only one who has ever visited her apartment. He is the only one she trusts. Weirdly, he does not find this weird.

The reason for her lack of play dates becomes obvious when her brother calls to tell her not to be standing around the lobby when his henchmen come by later to kill Carlos. She insists he call them off, promising to have all the information he needs by morning. Hopefully it's the name of a good family therapist.

In other news:

* Ady gives Juan & Roberto a lecture on American Law over dinner. It is unspeakably dull.

* Some common noun calls El Chivo to tell him Gus is still hanging around the Bad Neighborhood. Apparently his suspicions were aroused by the blue suit, the Italian shoes, and oh, all the picture-taking.

* Victoria lightheartedly confronts Roberto about his chest-banging with Adrian. He says he doesn't want her hurt; she says she can take care of herself. (Can anyone identify "their" song, playing in the background? I'd like to add it to my telenovela music playlist.)

* Camila signs the DNR. She seems lucid. Hopefully she signed her own name.

* Gus gives Ricardo his completely unnecessary permission to start something up with Sofia. Ric patiently replies that he has to complete his revenge fantasy first, duh.

* Does everyone get the ad with the hairy-chested merman sitting on the back of a park bench balancing a soccer ball on his head? What is UP with that? It doesn't make me want to buy anything. Except maybe merman repellent.

Labels:


Comments:



Oh my gosh, Blue Lass, u had me chuckling at”collapse of common sense”. Then u went in with this. “ Nancy has apparently abandoned
Her brief experiment with marginally modest dress!” Laughing to myself. I thought u could go further on my laugh meter, but u didn’t disappoint.” Fede has been kept on ice until he could morph into a surly, mouthy and possible drug addicted teen”! That zinger had me
literally laughing out loud. You made me laugh..thnx.. could this telenovela be ending this week.? Anvils for Nancy, Michelle, Nancy’s police informant, Fede, Tatiana, Lucretia,and CARLOS. Surprisingly enough, I like El Ciego.... Blue Lass, thnx again.
 

I like El Ciego, too. It's always enjoyable when the actors seem to be really having a good time. He's really made this role his own.

I think we're winding up a week from Monday.

 

Thanks, Blue Lass. My fave two:

- the Vega Magic has managed once again to secure them a wicked fast court date

- the threat of Michelle having convinced her [Nancy] to fight fire with flamethrowers

It sure looks like they're setting up a cliffhanger for a third season: Will Ric have to put his budding thing with Sofia on hold to tend to his troubled son and ex-wife?

Lucia finally got to the reason for her visit. Pitiful, trying to snooker her son like that at her age. Better to just tell the truth, "son I frittered my money away and my days of finding a sugar daddy are over, so I'm here to try live-in motherhood." Robert is very non-judgmental, he would've still helped her.

 

I totally agree with the first three comments so I won't repeat them.
Now we know what Lucia's game has been all along. Poor Roberto and poor Nicolás for holding his anger in all these years. Kudos to him.

Blue Lass
Terrific cliff hanger recap. You've really given us food for thought and great snark.
I'm going to miss everyone when this is over. Hopefully, there will be a 3rd season.
 

Great work, Blue Lass.

We were right about Lucia. I had the definite feeling she was getting down on her luck. But what is Nicolas not telling Roberto? If he doesn't come clean first is Roberto going to get taken to the cleaners by his mother?

I have the feeling that if anything is going to happen between Ricardo and Sofia it will be delayed by both family crises.

Federico is a real mess, but for once Elena is not crying wolf.

It's going to take a lot of fire to melt Victoria's heart and there are two guys holding matches. That this is happening at work is the most wrong thing about it.
 




Blue Lass, El Ciego has the same quirkiness and lovability as the last novels, Amor A Muerte. There El Alarcan also was quirky, killer but lovable. What can I say......I like bad boys...Both have played villains so well....


 

Top notch recap, amiga! I love El Ciego too, and your comparison of him to a cat is spot on. So funny about the hairball!

I'm sad to read that Fede is acting out, but laughing about the syllabus.

I liked your line re: Michelle and "the reason for her lack of playdates...."

Given the heatwave, I think I'll stay inside and catch up on the show today. Then I can comment like I know what's going on.

Oh, one thing I do know is the Roberto / Victoria sexy song is called Tonto Corazon by Maria Leon and I don't have it on my Google Music app, dang it. I also want to add it to my play list. If you like that song, you should listen to Confide in Me by Kylie Minogue, or even better listen to the re-make of the song by my guy, Tame Impala. Remember, Blue, when I had you listen to him?

Thanks again for the recap.

R la O
 

R la O
Thank you for the name and artist of the Victoria/Roberto sexy song. I love it. I couldn't find who sang it and my knowledge of today's music is limited.
Funny, my name is Victoria and my husband's is Roberto, so you know who I'm pulling for as far as the Victoria/Roberto/Adrian match up.
 

Wow, Victoria! What a fun coincidence!
 

HAHAHA! I just saw the hairball part! I thought you were joking, but it looked like he was trying to cough one up!
 

Now that I've watched this episode, I take back what I said about the song. I gave you the sexy song. I think you were looking for No Hay Nadie Mas by Sebastian Yatra.

I did not like the looks of that creeper in the prison yard. I hope that doesn't spell trouble for Jorge, but he looked like a white supremacist who could give Jorge guff and worse for transporting people into his country.
 

Sebastián Yatra has a great voice, he sings a duet with Alejandro Fernández that I like.

https://youtu.be/89GOODSzOSk

But I was looking for the María León song which I really like.
 

Sebastian Yatra, that's the one -- thanks, R la O! Now I know who to come to with all my theme music questions.

Funny thing about the hairball -- I was taking notes as I went and had already written the line about El Ciego slipping in like a stray cat. When he started hacking, I couldn't believe it...
 

Ai, Victoria, Alejandro Fernandez...I have one of his songs (Tantita Pena) on my Telenovela Playlist even though it's not a theme song. I couldn't resist.
 

OT

Blue Lass and other AF fans.

I never get tired of watching this AF video. His body language is so moving and the lyrics are so meaningful and not cheesy or nonsensical. I apologize for not knowing how to correctly insert a link.

https://youtu.be/RaQ3hbWz9-0

Ok, I'll keep my comments back on topic. ....
 

Don't worry, Victoria -- it's all on topic!
 

UA, loved your observation about the two guys with matches...and ITA about the tackiness of all this going on at work. Wasn't part of Victoria's resistance to Roberto supposedly the fact that they work together? What happened to that, huh?
 

Thank you Blue Lass.

So little rico is growing up, into a
Trouble maker. And moma smacks him.
I wonder what little miss is growing up into?

Robby has a delimma on his hands. Mom
Is a mystery. But since she comes with
That sob story I'm starting to wonder if What nic said is true, that he's gonna see what he was saying is true.
And I wouldnt be surprised if she moved in when dad moves out. He don't want Vicky to be hurt, but maybe he's about to be Hurt by mommie dearest.

Carlos, still swimming with the piranha. Cuz they've eaten the sharks.
And he's sleepin with one(A piranha).
 

Caraymates, it looks as if Uni might have combined episodes 85 & 86 in this one broadcast. Your dedicated recapping team is trying to figure it out...meanwhile, hold tight and watch out for random nouns.
 

The recap for last night is in progress. Count on the one for tonight to be a little late tomorrow.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder