Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Bienvenidos, amigos, a la Cuna de Lobos, a tale of the rich and shameless.

This is the long-awaited retelling of the 1986 classic. The players:


Paz Vega as Catalina Creel: The second wife of Carlos Larios and the mother of his younger son. Ambitious and Machievellian, she will do anything to maintain control over the family business, assets, and the family itself.  They say a snake bit her once... and died.

Leonardo Daniel as Carlos Larios: Patriarch of the Larios family.

Gonzalo Garcia Vivanco as José Carlos Larios: Catalina's stepson. He has been banished from the family and is an alcoholic.

Diego Amozurrutia as Alejandro Larios: Catalina's son and the younger half-brother of José Carlos.

Paulette Hernandez as Leonora Navarro: Photographer for the newspaper La Verdad.

Flavio Medina as Francisco Larios: Brother of Carlos, lover of Catalina (This is beginning to sound like the House of Atreus)

Nailea Norvind as Ámbar Reyes: Wife of Francisco Larios

Osvaldo de León as Luis Guzmán: Journalist and friend of Leonora

Azela Robinson as Gélica Andrade: Housekeeper at the Larios mansion

Carlos Aragón as Diego Solórzano : Catalina's accomplice

José Pablo Minor as Miguel Terranova Contreras

Emma Escalante as Mora

Many of you will remember the original tale from the 1980s so no further character descriptions will be given here. When I retell a tale there are sometimes surprises that had been withheld in the past. I will leave you to speculate on them as this tale unfolds. – D.D.

Labels:


Comments:
Why is this font so damn small?
 

"a tale of the rich and shameless"? Urban, you've done it again. Perfect.

I never saw the original so don't know any more than you have provided (thank you)…

Osvaldo and José are two excellent reasons alone to watch this.

If this is being recapped, I will happily watch. If not, I will at least watch the first few episodes until I am totally lost and then give up.

Thank you for the pictures and the backstory.

Diana
 

I think I'll enjoy watching this more so than LaUsp and Él Dragón. I don't know a lot of Paz' work but crossing fingers she will do well in the role. Once again it'll be interesting to see Azela not portray a villain. I'm sure Flávio won't disappoint. And everyone already knows that I love Osvaldo so he's part of the reason I'm watching this.
 

UA: I'll be interested in this Telenovela. Big question is who's the Good Guys in this one ?


 

Ummm, yes TF. I seem to recall your ardor for Osvaldo during La Malquerida!

I'm looking forward to seeing him myself :)

Diana
 

Thank you, Urban and D.D., for the character list and setting the stage so well

Ha! I just saw Flavio Medina in “La Reina del Sur 2”. He effectively played a crazy drug lord. I can’t wait to see him in this one. I loved the original “Cuna. . .” but in spite of that , I cannot wait to see how they have updated this tale. They are keeping the original musical score. Yay!

Diana, YES! This is being recapped 5 nights a week. It has 25 episodes just like “La usurpadora”.

 

Thank you for the heads up on the new 25 Episode tale of whatever we're gonna get.
Has some interesting actors in it.
I recognize the eyepatch lady, I just don't remember from where. But look like She ain't playin. She gonna hurt some people. Poor snake.

Thanks Urban.
 

Paz Vega starred in some TV series in Spain and movies. She is 43 years old and Catalina is a role to really sink one's fangs into.
 

I looked up Paz Vega on Wikipedia.
She was in Spanglish with Adam Sandler. That was romantic comedy, and she's in Or was in RAMBO:LAST BLOOD.
Is that the name of the new Rambo movie? No matter,I'll check this show out.


 

UA: Keeping my fingers crossed that Catalina suffers a horrible ending once this upcoming Telenovela finishes.

I mean you cannot keep getting away with so much EVIL & destroying peoples' lives.

 

Wonderful Jarifa!

I loved Paz in Spanglish and have watched it several times. Not an Adam Sandler fan but he was very good. Of course Tea Leoni and Cloris Leachman were in it and stole the show. But Paz was sweet. Hmmm, guess this is casting against type??

I was initially disappointed Sandra was cast in LU. How wrong I was! She has been amazing.

Looking forward to this...

Diana
 

Diana, thanks for the info on Paz Vega and Spanglish.
 

We will have to see if anyone is sympathetic in this story. Remember that this is produced by Giselle Gonzales who gave us Yo No Creo en los Hombres, La Candidata, and Caer en Tentacion/
 

Yikes! That's a lot of eye candy.
 

What's the network/time slot?
 

Blue Lass, It is 8CST/9EST.
 

Thanks, Jarifa!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder