Tuesday, October 08, 2019

El Dragón #6, 10/7/19: Guns, But No Roses


This one's quick and dirty.


Lamberto died on the floor in front of Dora and his younger grandchildren while Miguel and Adele found themselves in the middle of a gunfight with Pig's men. Adele was hit in the righth shoulder. Miguel accompanied her in the ambulance as Pig and his hogs got away. Adele's wound was superficial but the doctors wanted to keep her in the hospital for a few days. When Miguel went home Dora told him the bad news about Lamberto.

Pig was not pleased with any of this and had a hissy fit.

Jimena and her immediate boss talked about next steps before getting some nooky.

Pig and his hogs crashed Lamberto's funeal. Hector got a call about this.

Another meeting out in the desert of Nowhere ended with death threats. However, Miguel got the better of the nearest potential executioner, to everyone's shock.

Dora had to handle the fallout of Cisca and Jorge. Miguel came home with the news that they were at war with Pig.

Pig kicked the crap out of Tacho and had hiim dragged out.

Jimena gave a financial report to the big boss, who was also looking for some nooky. She managed to brush him off for the moment.

Pig's men unloaded their merchandise, grabbed their weapons, and headed out. Tacho remained out sight. When they saw him they gave him a pistol and stranded him. Later, after talking to him, Pig went after Conejo.

In Ciudad Jimenez Miguel voiped with Adele but began seeing flashbacks to Aysa.
The big boss definitely wants Jimena in his bed. She said she would think about it. She does like that green stuff.

Peligros reported the murder to Miguel. Blood money was paid to Conejo's family. Miguel took some of his men to go after Pig, but it was too late this time.

Miguel told his family they were moving back to DF. Chisca was all for it, but Dora wanted t stay in the house she had lived with Lamberto in. Miguel met with his men later to discuss next steps.

Jimena dined with her boss and told him he was right;one should take advantage of opportunities. She started pointing out people in the restaurant and naming their issue to demonstrate she had a brain.

Chisca and Jorge arrived at the mansion in DF and Rosario took a little too much pleasure in showing them their new digs. He had done his homework and made both sets to order for them. Jeeves would have been so proud...

Comic relief: Rosario suggesting to Pelligrosso that he change his look. [Really?]

As Miguel set up his personal shrine we get another flashback to Aysa. [Please spare us any more. Gracias.] Then Adele called.

Jimena finished servicing the younger of her bosses. Just as he left she took a pistol out of the medicine cabinet and put it in her purse.

Hector and Claudia worked on a story.

Adele prepared to be released from the hospital. Miguel picked her up and told her she was moving in with his family. I probably don't need to say this but Chisca didn't like this one little bit.

Hector joined a bereavement support group.

Pig met with Duarte in a parking garage.

Jimena accepted Miguel's job offer.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, UA! This is really great. I am hopelessly behind on this and will have to binge watch soon, so the recaps are super helpful to keep track of the story. And hopefully soon I will be able to comment on something relevant content-wise too! Viewing party this weekend I think... Also, I love that title!
 

Urban:

I'm not watching this but had to stop by and say I loved the title! Simply great.

Diana
 

Thanks. I was feeling rather out of it and missed some details in this episode so I may have to rewatch it later myself.
 

Thanks, Urban. I, too, appreciated the title. Great recap.

Listening to the theme song and watching the visuals gave me a “James Bond” feeling. I wonder if that was intentional.

Highlight: Miguel buying off all of Pig’s men.

There is always a “Tacho”, isn’t there ?
 

Thanks for the recap just hitting the highlights is all we need with this one it really is a quai-Bond movie.

A little confused about Conejo - what did he do and why did Pig kill him? Thanks!


 

I also felt that the title sequence was very James Bond. All it would have needed was for Shirley Bassey to have been the voice.

I didn't catch the reason but... Pig doesn't need a reason. He will do this arbitrarily to enforce that anything short pf full blind obedience will get you killed... by him.
 

Thank you, Urban Anthropologist.

In the restaurant scene with Jimena and her boss, she brought in a reporter to take pictures of her boss sexually harassing her. She also brought in his wife. Those were the people she pointed out. The other guy, the one of the nooky, is her boyfriend and they live together.
 

O/T CUNA DE LOBOS

Last night, seeing the promo for “Cuna de lobos” (with Catalina Creel w/ her eye patch, the familiar soundtrack and howling wolf) has led me to ask this question: is there anyone interested in recapping “Cuna de lobos”? I sure am. Please let me know if YOU are. : ) It starts on 10/21 following “La usurpadora” and has only 25 episodes.
 

Urban, haven't seen this yet but have to join the others in saying that I love, love love the title! An all-time great. Hope I will have time to watch the episode and comment more later on.
 

Thanks UrbanA!! Just got a chance to watch it this morning. You hit all the highpoints I believe. That Title was so spot on! Your screenshot at the top was another highpoint for me. : ? )) ITA with you that we are truly over Aysa and so should Miguel be, not to mention the writers. Blech. She is worm food now. --Anyway, no luck there since I think I saw him setting up his little ritual corner, aka shrine, with a picture of the salty sea and its humongous waves.

As for disloyal Conejo, I thought Tacho ratted him out to Pig as leading the group of men who had accepted Miguel's bribe. Pig then left and absconded to CDMX to seek out Mr. Pol to save his assets since he'd been cast out of El Salado. Mr. Pol wondered what he'd done to get kicked out of a crime syndicate but Pig didn't want to discuss it.

Viewerville must have all been on the same wavelength with their choice of theme song and imagery! I couldn't get James Bond flashbacks out of my head either! It is a great tribute to the genre if I do say so myself --AND I do.

Again, many thanks, Urban A!






 

From yesterday, Esther, thank you also! I tried leaving a long post at supper and my cell ate it all. I had to go back to work so I couldn't rewrite it. Anyway it was a grabbing read and I enjoyed it very much--a great start for "estreno" week.


 

Jarifa, you bet. Does it really have only 25 episodes?
 

Yay! Great! “Cuna de lobos” is part of the Televisa series “Fabrica de sueños”. They are updating 12 classic Televisa novelas in 25 episodes each. The first was “La usurpadora” and “Cuna de lobos” is the second in the series.
 

Jardinera: Miguel's attempt on making the family biz "legitimate" will likely blow up in his face.

Remember how Michael Corleone tried to make his family's mafia biz "legitimate" in "The Godfather" ? It ended up blowing up in his face as well.
 

Thanks, UA. I only got to watch the 2nd half of the show so I really appreciated your recap.

Lucio, thank you for confirming what I thought I had seen. Jimena is one smart cookie and she's not letting anyone manipulate her...One for the ladies!! I just dread that she will probably turn antagonistic soon.

I can't stand that Tacho guy. I was hoping Pig would put a bullet in his head since he wasn't successful in killing Mig AND he lost all his oinkers. He is such a wimp; I laughed when he told the men to "Go Get 'Em!" as he went ot hide behind the truck. How the heck did he become Pig's right hand oinker?
 

Thank you so much UA! I absolutely loved the title of "Guns, but no Roses." That was just perfect.

It made me angry when Pig and his hogs crashed Lamberto's funeral. No honor among thieves, right?

Loved your comment: Comic relief: Rosario suggesting to Pelligrosso that he change his look. [Really?]--I do love your snark!

RGV Chick, I laughed when you said in your comment: "I laughed when he told the men to "Go Get 'Em!" as he went to hide behind the truck. How the heck did he become Pig's right hand oinker?" Now that is a really GOOD QUESTION! LOL!
 

Thanks, Urban. I join in the praise of the title. I also liked this turn of phrase: “desert of Nowhere.” Something tells me we will return to that place often.

Loved Jimena setting up the gray-haired guy who tried to push her around, by having his wife and a reporter/recorder to observe him. You go, girl! She and her young boyfriend seem happy together. Wondering if something bad will happen to the boyfriend, since she’s destined for a triangle with Mig and Adela (at least according to the ads). Right now, she's well matched with Mig on cunning.

I can see Rosario hosting a Mexican version of the style makeover show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

I missed most of the title sequence. I’ll pay closer attention tonight.

So Mig hired away Pig’s men? Makes perfect sense that Pig’s men would leave him.
 

As usual, I'm a little bit late posting but wanted to say thanks to everyone from recappers to commenters. I hope more join in as the story progresses, as I see it being a real winner.
 

I love that idea! I see Rosario as the Carson Kressley of the Fab Five. Damn, I miss that show.
 




Someone please tell me what was the death scene confession..Did Lamberto really try to kill his son.?
Was he really bad? Please explain......confused.....and thnx to the recappers. I. for one, want to see a makeover on Oeligtos.....
 

Anon 9:13, I don’t think there was a death scene confession. The only thing I remember Lamb telling Dirá is that he didn’t want Miguel to find out; he didn’t elaborate as to what he didn’t want Mig to find out. We know that Lamb did have his son, Roberto, killed because Pig tricked him into thinking that Roberto was responsible for the explosion that killed Lamb’s first wife who I believe was Roberto’s mother.

The other tidbit of info I wanted to share (although late on this page) is that the group Hector joined is headed by Natalia’s father. Hector joined the group knowing who the man is and is hoping to get info about Carlos. Natalia is the young lady that died as a result of bring pushed by Carlos, the politician. Carlis called Pig for help in getting rid of the body.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder