Sunday, November 17, 2019

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM COUNTxALACRÁN TO CARAY, CARAY! VISITORS

WHO IS THIS LOVELY LADY???  DO YOU RECOGNIZE HER???


She is none other than Bernarda Saenz, viuda de Guillen (Jacqueline Andere) from La Otra (2002), one of most evil, disturbing villains ever. She is the epitome of the toxic mother. Her selfishness drives the oppressive manner she treats her daughters in order to satisfy her own desires.

Greetings Caray, Caray! visitors--

Some of you may know me already. For those that don’t, let me introduce myself. My nom de plume was CountxAlacrán. During 2015-2016 I was a recapper on several telenovelas, including Yo No Creo En Los Hombres, Yago and Que Te Perdone Dios. I posted comments regularly. Shortly after YNCELH, I left the recapping teams due to personal obligations.
The reason for this post is to announce my intention to create a website where my own recaps of Spanish telenovelas and possibly other shows, not available elsewhere, such as La Otra, can be ordered and purchased for a fair price.  I hold a B1 certificate in English, so translating from Spanish to English will be my primary focus.

The tentative concept of my website service would be that with an order and completed payment, the translated text would be delivered in the best eye-catching style possible. These recaps can be regular or custom-made to your order. As experienced recappers on Caray Caray know, one person recapping every Spanish language show every night is impossible. Even one episode of a telenovela takes hours of dedication. Thus the need for a fee structure.
By request, the reader could select a favorite font or even skip annoying, boring plotlines/characters. Summaries of specific character arcs could be done as well. For example, if a client is just watching a show for a certain actor, I would only provide their storylines, no matter how they fit into the story. That would necessarily be the most expensive option.

Currently I don’t have a website ready, nor a fee structure. However, it would be extremely helpful if I could collect your ideas by e-mail.  The following questions might help me decide. You may answer one or all, a short yes or no, or amplified:
·         Are you fan of the proposed idea at all?
·         What telenovela would you be interested in having covered the most?
·         What shows have you been unable to watch, either old or lacking subtitles?
·         Are there other languages you need translations for besides Spanish?
·         Are there any other shows you would be interested in, other than Spanish Telenovelas?

Personally, I would like to start with the ones that interest me the most: La Otra, El Color de la Pasion and La Madrastra (one of my favorites not covered by Caray). If you are interested in my work or provide suggestions, contact me by e-mail at deltoroale1@gmail.com or add your comments below.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.
CountxAlacrán

[Note: This post was authorized by Caray Caray administrators and done as a favor for and the benefit of the telenovela-loving community.]

 


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Thank you for the post,Anita!.Leaving my mark here so I receive the notifications.Am looking forward to the feedback. As said as a free teaser I would begin with few episodes of La Madrastra but it is mostly up to you.

Best regards, CountX!
 

Good luck.
 

Thanks Steve:)
 

Good luck, Count.
 

Countx, great to see you here. I join in wishing you good luck.
 

Thank you! What do you think of the idea personally.I wish to hear your opinions.
 

Countx, I'll send my response to your email.
 

Countx--and all others stopping by--
It's IS nice to see you here on Caray again. I wish you were more interested in contributing to Caray by recap or by comment, but, along with the others, wish you good luck with your new venture.

In case any of you were wondering, the administrators agreed to let the Count announce his proposed idea on Caray and to get some feed-back from us. Rather than thinking it was in competition, we viewed it as complementing Caray efforts. There are many telenovelas that weren't covered in the days before CC was available. It might be nice to have some of those covered, even if it was not by Caray.
 

Thank you Niecie for your response.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder