Sunday, October 17, 2021

Coming to a Screen Near You...2021/2022, 3rd Ed.

 SALUDOS, Caraymates!


Welcome to the third/Fall edition of the “Coming Soon” page! We’re in the last laps of the 2021 year and currently have some pretty darned good TNS airing; some have a ways to go while others have concluded or are in their last laps. HERCAI fans are biting their fingernails and scratching their heads waiting to see what Telemundo will do with the third season where bigger and better secrets are revealed…que angustia!!

While we enjoy the current TNs, we can also look forward to what’s coming. By the looks of what we are currently seeing, it seems that producers have heard the pleas for more traditional and/or family-oriented TNs, but there are still a few action-packed series out there. Below you will find some of the TNs that you can expect on one of your favorite networks.

In this third edition, you will also find a special section titled In the World of Dizi. Several are already familiar with this genre of series which has become very popular in recent years. Don’t know what a dizi is? Well, read on and you can find out about it…and a very intriguing dizi that is on the horizon…well at least it is to this viewer LOL

 I. TELEVISA/UNIVISIÓN

 

Contigo Sí – PRODUCED BY IGNACIO SADA

Premieres on ????


Contigo Sí is a remake of Viviana which aired in the 70s and had Lucía Mendez as the lead protagonist. This new version is led by Alejandra Robles Gil (whom we saw in Imperio de Mentiras), Danilo Carrera, and Brandon Peniche. It tells the love story of Angela (Alejendra), a medical student who is seduced by Álvaro (Danilo), a very ambitious young man who falls in love with her, marries her, but then abandons her.

After such a devastating deception, Ángela meets Leonardo (Peniche), a young, handsome doctor who immediately falls in love with her and becomes her guardian. As we can expect,, Ángela will have to overcome numerous adversities in search of a true love.

Joining as supporting cast will be Ernesto Laguardia, carino Ricco, Manuel Landeta, Bárbara Islas, Alejandra Procuna.

 

S.O.S Me Estoy Enamorando – PRODUCED BY LUCERO SUAREZ

Premieres on ????


I had briefly mentioned the coming of this TN in the second edition of the Coming Soon page, but it is worth mentioning again. This family-oriented dramedy is primarily a love story led by Daniel Arenas and Irán Castillo. It also presents other family themes and the struggles of dealing with disabilities. Jorge Salinas takes on the role of Vicente Ramos, a blind man.  Child star, Leonardo Herrera who captured our hearts in Te Doy La Vida, also joins the cast as Federico, Sofia’s (Castillo) son.  

Alberto Muñoz Cano (Daniel Arenas) is a young professional, who is in charge of the family screen printing workshop. The workshop shares the physical space with the house and both are part of the daily life of the Muñoz Cano family: Delia, the mother, Leonor, the sister-in-law, widow of Alberto's brother, Romina, Leonor's daughter, with cognitive problems of birth, Monica the sister, a sexy woman, and Vicente, Alberto's best friend. Through an act of heroism, Alberto meets Federico (8 years old), whom he saves from the fire in his apartment building. This is how he meets Sofía, (Iran Castillo) Federico's mother.

Among the vast familiar cast are: Cesar Evora as Leopoldo Fernadez, Sofia's father; Nuria Bages as Delia, Sofia's mother; Marcelo Cordova, Ana Patricia Rojo, Juan Martin Juaregui, Pierre Angelo and Pierre Louis.

 

Los Ricos También Lloran– PRODUCED BY CARLOS BARDAZANO

Coming in 2022

Here we have a remake of the 1979 Los Ricos También Lloran which stared Verónica Castro,

Rogelio Guerra, and Rocío Banquells. This new version which is expected to air in 2022 will

have Claudia Martín and Sebastian Rulli as the lead ptrotagonists. It tells thestory of Mariana

(Claudia), a humble and brave young woman who, after being left alone and helpless, arrives

in the life of Don Alberto Salvatierra (Guillermo García Cantu), a business magnate and one of

the wealthiest and most powerful men in the country; she makes quite an impression since she

saves his life. Mariana will meet Don Alberto’s son, Luis Alberto (Sebastian), one of the

most sought after bachelors, who, despite his arrogance and conceit, is struggling with his own

pain. But when he meets the beautiful Mariana he will find true and honest love. Their story will

be one of passion and turbulence.


The cast for this remake will include Fabiola Guajardo as a main antagonist, Azela Robinson,

Alejandro Barros, Victor Gonzalez, Sergio Reynoso, and Lorena Graniewicz…among others.

Amor Dividido– PRODUCED BY ANGELLI NESMA

Premieres on ????

Gabriel Soto returns to the TN world as the lead protagonist for the tentatively titled Allá Te Espero. He will take on the role of Max Stewart, a Mexican national who lives in the United States; he is the CEO of a company and is transferred to Mexico where he will have to learn and adapt to the culture.

Soto will be joined by Eva Cedeño and Andres Palacios who will complete the triangle of protagonists. This new melodrama will also include Soto’s RL novia, Irina Baveo, in addition to Arturo Peniche who will be the primary antagonist, José Elias Moreno, Eugenia Cauduro, Lisardo, Gaby Rivero, Federico Ayos and Laura Vignatti…among others, of course!

 

Mi Fortuna Es Amarte– PRODUCED BY NICANDRO DĺAZ GONZÁLEZ

Premieres on ????...but will air in early November in Mexico



Mi Fortuna Es Amarte is an upcoming telenovela with Davia Zepeda and Susana González as the lead protagonists. González will play Natalia, a woman who suffers the double betrayal of her husband, Adrian Cantú (Sergio Sendel), and her BFF on the day of her 20th anniversary…the betrayers run off together!! Natalia is left in poverty..pobrecita (literally and figuratively).

Zepeda will take on the role of Chente, a neighborhood man who suffers a tragic event that marks him forever…or until life takes an unexpected turn and his world intertwines with that of Natalia.

This TN also features performances by Luis Felipe Tovar, Chantal Andere, Carmen Salinas, Omar Fierro, Michelle Vieth, Felipe Tovar, Ana Berta Espin, Carlos de la Mota, Michelle González…and the list goes on…


 

II.       TELEMUNDO

 

La Mujer de Mi Vida– PRODUCED BY ELIZABETH SUAREZ

Coming in 2022


La Mujer de Mi Vida is an original story written by Daniel Alfonso Rojas, Alberto Gonze, and Mario Schajri. Leading the cast will be Iván Sanchez and Angélica Celaya as protagonists and Catherine Siachoque and Mauricio Islas as antagonists.

This melodrama is a story of love that is abruptly disrupted due to a betrayal. Ricardo Oribe (Sanchez) is a successful businessman who is dedicated to his family and very much in love with his wife, Daniela (Celaya). Ricardo’s life takes a bad turn when his best frenemy, Emilio (Islas), betrays him and tries to kill him with the intent of taking over the business and Ricardo’s family.

Ricardo’s family believe that he is dead, but Ricardo survives though he has amnesia. Fifteen years pass during which Ricardo undergoes significant physical changes and regains his memory. Intent on recovering all that he has lost, Ricardo returns, but takes on a new identity as Pablo Silva to avoid being apprehended by authorities since Emilio’s deceptive actions implicated him.

Joining the cast of this drama will be Patricia Spindola Reyes, David Ostrosky, Rodrigo Murray, Vanessa Díaz, Jason Romo, and Oswaldo Zárate…among others…

 

Diario de Un Gigolo– PRODUCED BY ELIZABETH SUAREZ

Coming in January 2022

Diario de Un Gigolo is a 10-episode miniseries which tells the story of Emanuel (Jesus Castro), a man that all women long to have by their side because he is handsome, muscular, and above all, perfect (take a deep breath, ladies). He will use all his “talents” to have what he always wanted in life: money, luxuries and freedom.

A bit of history on this heartthrob—he grew up in poverty and violence; so he set out to get ahead…and what better way to use his “attributes” and natural beauty! Unbeknownst to him, his plans just might go down the drain when he meets the woman who captures his heart, Julia (Victoria White)…and Julia is a woman hired to make him fall in love!!! Oh what a tangled web this will be!!

 

III.      In the World of DIZI…

 

I thought I would include this section since the Turkish dizi craze has permeated into our patios with amazing stories of love, betrayal, revenge, family conflicts, etc., etc. etc. On a side note, I must warn you—NEVER refer to a dizi as a soap opera or telenovela because the Turks will take offense! They are adamant that their series aren’t even period dramas; they are a “genre in progress” with unique narratives, use of space and musical scores.

Some Carayers have been watching dizis for quite a while and know much more about them than I do; so hopeofully, they will chime in with their own thoughts and any information they may have on upcoming dizis. I got hooked on dizis with Amor Eterno…despite its traumatic, explosive ending (no pun intended…well, maybe just a little). I watched a few others since then and now I am entranced with Hercai on Telemundo. And because of the stellar performances of the protagonists, Ebru Şahin and Akin Akinözü, I have been somewhat “researching” dizis that I might want to add to my watchlist. During this research, I ran across Ebru’s current project and VAY! VAY! VAY! (Wow! Wow! Wow!). This young, already successful actress, who was flooded with offers for roles, selected one that challenged her physically as well as emotionally. I’m talking about DESTAN (Epic). Susanlynn, you were asking about dizis that were set in medieval/early century times…well this is it!!

The series, DESTAN, is the epic love story of Akkiz (Ebru), the legendary warrior mountain girl orphaned by Gök Kagan Korkut in the harsh steppes of Central Asia, and Gök Tegini Batuga (Edip…see below), the son of a khan who was also orphaned by Kagan Korkut in the Gök Palace. The series is set in the 9th century before the Turks accepted Islam

Now wait till I tell you who is playing the male lead—it’s none other than Edip Tepeli…who we came to know as Kavruk on La Hija del Embajador!! Go, Kavruk!!

There is no way I can describe how sensationally amazing Ebru’s transformation is for this character, but you can see for yourselves in the trailer--here

This dizi is scheduled to air in Turkey this fall. I have no clue if Televisaor Telemundo will pick it up, but based on the comments I’ve read, viewer interest is certainly there…and I sure hope it comes to our screens. Sending beaucoup good vibes to the network bigwigs…

 The following information was generously provided by dondi356…

Akin Akınözü (Miran in Hercai) will also have a new dizi, Kaderimin Oyunu (Game of My Destiny), coming soon to Turkey’s Star TV.

Another series with actors we know and that’s getting buzz is Üç Kuruş (Three Pennies), starring Uraz Kaygılaroğlu (Gediz in Embajador) and Ekin Koç (Sultan Ahmed in La Sultana). It’s a crime drama. First look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr4wM8ENZn8&t=1s

Engin Akyürek has a movie coming to Netflix at the end of this year and is starting work on a series for Disney+, Kaçiş (Escape), which is based on a story he wrote. And of course, I am impatiently waiting for Sancar Efe to return for the final season of La Hija del Embajador (Sefirin Kızı).

Burak Özçivit is currently starring in the third season of Kuruluş: Osman (aka The Ottoman). This series was among those listed as “Content for Sale” at MIPCOM in Cannes, the global market for entertainment content across all platforms.

Thank you, dondi356!!

Okay, folks, that’s all I have for now. If you have any info on any other TNs/dizis, please share!!

 

 

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Wow! Thanks so much, Rgv, for getting us excited about some upcoming novelas. Crossing my fingers and toes that the medieval dizi (dubbed into Spanish) makes it to screens here in the USA.
 

Many thanks, Rgv Chick, for keeping us informed about upcoming novelas and dizis (and for letting us know that in Turkey, these two words are not synonymous). I was fascinated by the trailer you provided for Destan. Like novelera, I am hoping Telemundo will make it available dubbed into Spanish. One other dizi that may be headed our way in the future is "season two" of Hercai. Telemundo announced that what's ending on Oct. 25 is "season one."
 

RgvChick, thanks for keeping us up to date on what is brewing in telenovela land. There is a lot to look forward to.
 

Gracias, RGV Chick. Most of these sound tempting.

I have yet to watch any of the Turkish series but since we've had two Mexican ones inspired by them it's about time.
 

Chickie, thanks so much for the information on upcoming shows . I was especially interested in "Destan" because I have become addicted to Turkish dizi.

Vay! Vay! Vay! That trailer was intriguing . The costumes and sets are amazing ...dark and dangerous....very Game of Thrones This role is very different from the Ebru we see as Reyyan in Hercai , but In that show, she did show us that she is a good rider . As much as I love Kavruk, I do wish Engin (Sancar in La Hiya) had been cast as the lead.

Chickie, you MUST watch Fatmagul and Kara Para Ask . You will love them.





 

Rgv Chick, so happy to see this!

I have to say a lot look tempting - I'm cheering the return of the Peniche men- father and son although Arturo is my heartthrob.

MI Fortuna Es Amarte is on the top of my list as Susana Gonzalez is my favorite actor. It looks as though the current line up is set for a while so I'm thinking it may eventually replace Vencer.

Thank you for the information on dizis, I can see why these are so mesmerizing...

I appreciate all you do for Caray, Caray - recapping, commenting, keeping the site up to date and researching all that is to come. I am so grateful for all you do...

Diana
 

Yes, Chickie...I echo Diana. I appreciate all that you do for Us here at caraycaray. Many thanks.
 

Thank you, everyone!!!

It's always nice to know what's on the horizon in TNLandia so I just thought I'd share what I have read about.

Novelera, I to am crossing fingers, toes, and whatever else I can possibly cross in the hopes that "Destan" gets dubbed in Spanish and makes it to our screens.

Juanita, I cannot tell you how excited I was when I saw that trailer! I had already heard about this dizi and seen some images of Ebru in costume, but the trailer is over-the-top mesmerizing. And thank you for mentioning Telemundo's annnouncement about "season one" for Hercai" ending soon; I am totally confused about which season we are on since, some time back, someone mentioned that season two had already started. According to the info I had found, "Hercai" has three seasons.

Jardinera, yes! lots to look forward to! "SOS Me Estoy Enamorando" and "Contigo Si" are already airing in Mexico; so I'm thinking that one or both of those should be coming very soon.

Urban, you will be enthralled when/if you start watching the Turkish dizis. At first, I had a hard time getting used to the dubbing, but once I got used to it, it didn't bother me at all. You will be amazed with the acting and the cinematography...just outstanding and breathtaking!

Susanlynn, I do have thos two dizis on my watch list. I found Kara Para Ask with English subtitles but have yet to find Fatmagul...and I don't have Netflix! Waahhh! I agree about Engin, but have you seen Can Yaman? I first saw Can in "Pajaro Sonador" and he would have been an excellent candidate for this role! Look him up...you'll be quite impressed! Although...Elip may have been cast because they didn't want someone who was too muscular. In the story, his character has a paralyzed arm.

 

Chickie, thank you for the time you took to compile this list, you're a rock star!

I'm kind of intrigued by the possibly new Colunga novela. He was never a telenovio of mine (sorry, I'm a Cristian de la Fuente girl), but I did like him when he was in his prime.
The Claudia Martin/ Rulli remake has been done to death, but I do like her. Only problem is that we've seen him A LOT lately, one of his novelas are airing right now, he needs to take some time off. Besides, is he right for the part? The hero should be an imature 25 year old... but if Jose Ron can play son to Marlene Favela I think anything is possible.

Oh, the Turkish stories... I was a big fan 15-20 years ago, I used to watch them with my mom long before they became popular in the US and Latin America. The only problem was that I got so invested, they made me ugly cry so many times that at one point I had to let them go for my own sanity. They do drama like nobody else, but they are so tragic and happy endings are never a given.
 

Diana, it is my pleasure to "pay it forward" to everyone here who welcomed me so warmly when I first found this sight. I am so grateful to this virtual family who brings so much sunshine to my otherwise long dreary days.

My days are getting busier, but I still want to contribute as much as I possibly can to keep the "family" together :-)...but it does take a "village" to keep Caray alive.

Susanlynn, I know that comment at 10:43 must be you! There are very few peeps who call me "Chickie" :-)
 

Adriana Noel, I'm really hoping Colunga does something soon. I'm not a super fan of his either, but I know that several here are anxiously awaiting his comeback....and he is an excellent actor.

I just cannot imagine that the mother of two cuties could ever "ugly cry" LOL But you are right, dizis can be very tragic...and unfortunately, the first one I watched had a horrible ending...so many of us are still traumatized! But the others I've watched did have a good ending so I'm hoping that continues.
 

Chickie, when Dondi recommended Fatmagul while she was recapping La Hija, I googled it and found it online. However, I kind of jumped all around from the start to the middle to the end as I found episodes. A few episodes were dubbed in English or had English subtitles. You can find most episodes dubbed in Urdu ( which I initially thought was Turkish). Then, Dondi let me know that Fatmagul had been recapped on Caray, so i was able to read the recaps as I found episodes . Vivi recapped many episodes.

Then, I watched KPA on Netflix and couldn't believe how much better it was than Imperios. I am now a fan of the Turkish disk even though I gave up on my first one Amor Eterno and then watched the finale ...and hated it . I almost gave up on La Hija, but Dondi encouraged me to stick with it . I can't wait for season 2.
 

(((chickie))). Yes, that was me . We have been through some good times and bad times together , haven't we ? You, kirby, And i had many late night conversations. The folks at Caray have been very kind and loving to MS these last three years especially. Caray can be a safe refuge from sometimes harsh reality . I am grateful.
 

Whoops...MS = me. Sorry...hurrying .
 

Susanlynn, I really can't blame you for giving up on Amor Eterno. I didn't watch it from the start; and when I did start watching, I kept wondering if any of the characters ever smiled or even had a good day...but I kept up with it...and hated the ending too.

It's funny how we all are a bit gunshy when we first start a dizi from the beginning. I started Hercai from the very first episode, but after a couple more episodes, I reverted to reading the recaps because watching how Reyyan was treated by her grandfather was unbearable for me. Once things got a bit better, I started watching the episodes again...ReyMir are now in the Top 5 of my favorite couples!!
 

"LOS RICOS":

RGV Chick: I'll be watching this one with the lovely Claudia Martin.

Steve Boudreaux
 

Thanks, Rgv Chick, for all you do and especially for including dizi info!

Destan was already on my radar, and I plan to check it out.

Akin Akınözü (Miran in Hercai) will also have a new dizi, Kaderimin Oyunu (Game of My Destiny), coming soon to Turkey’s Star TV.

Another series with actors we know and that’s getting buzz is Üç Kuruş (Three Pennies), starring Uraz Kaygılaroğlu (Gediz in Embajador) and Ekin Koç (Sultan Ahmed in La Sultana). It’s a crime drama. First look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr4wM8ENZn8&t=1s

Engin Akyürek has a movie coming to Netflix at the end of this year and is starting work on a series for Disney+, Kaçiş (Escape), which is based on a story he wrote. And of course, I am impatiently waiting for Sancar Efe to return for the final season of La Hija del Embajador (Sefirin Kızı).

Burak Özçivit is currently starring in the third season of Kuruluş: Osman (aka The Ottoman). This series was among those listed as “Content for Sale” at MIPCOM in Cannes, the global market for entertainment content across all platforms.

Oooh, Can Yaman! I never finished Pájaro Soñador (Erkenci Kuş) but I loved him in Dolunay (Full Moon). Dolunay is available on YouTube with English subs. I also watched him in Bay Yanlis (Mr. Wrong) and Inadina Aşk (Love out of Spite) on YouTube with English subs. I think he’s the king of Turkish romcoms. He’s been in Italy for a while. He was supposed to make a pirate series there (Sandokan), but it might have run into roadblocks. I’m sure he would make a great pirate!

dondi356
 

Vay! Vay! Vay! Dondi356! Teşekkürler! …for all that info on upcoming dizis with all those actors we are getting to know. I just knew you would come through :-)

I had Akin’s dizi under my radar too but I was in a hurry to post the page and was quite tired already.

And ah yes, Can Yaman was the main reason I stuck with “Pájaro Soñador” I have to admit, though, that I FFWded through several of the side stories LOL…but I finished it! Oh yeah, he would make a great pirate…but I swear, every time I looked at him, I kept thinking he would be the most perfect person to play Jesus…and I would ask for forgivenesses for lusting after him! 😂
 

…and yes, dondi356, I’m still trying to learn whatever (common) Turkish words that I can…slowly, but surely 😊
 

I only started watching dizis when Cennet was more than half-way done. Thanks to immense help from dondi356, I was able to follow what was happening even though I hadn't seen the first half of the show.

I had thought I'd never want to watch something dubbed into Spanish, since the mouth movements would be all wrong. What I didn't realize is that when the Spanish is dubbed, it's often a lot easier to understand. The pace is normal, but people speak clearly, they don't talk over each other, and there's little or no slang. So for someone like me, whose Spanish is rather iffy, it's been a real pleasure to watch first Cennet, then Todo por mi hija, and now Hercai.
 

I also have issues with dubbing. I was able to endure it for the original El Clon because that was an outstanding story. I have no clue what Turkish sounds like so I have the ???s over my head when I see the actors' names or the ori%inalienable titles.

Allow me to recommend a beautiful Greek film I saw a few years ago called Rosa of Smyrna. I saw it in Greek with subtitles and it mostly takes place in Istanbul. The cinematography was gorgeous and you would love the story. Makes me want to go there.
 

Excuse the mistake above. I really shouldn't type this stuff on my phone.
 

Juanita, it sure does help to have the dizis dubbed in Spanish. And dondi356 is an outstanding resource and is of great help with even more accurate translations when things get confusing...dondi rocks!

Urban, thanks for that recommendation; I'll look into it.

dondi356, I've added the information you provided to my post with credit to you. Thanks again!
 

thanks Rgv Chick, for the heads up on Destan, looks good!

here is another version of the trailer with english CCs
https://kayifamilytv.com/destan-trailer/

trouble with dizi's is they are only on once a week, if you like the period pieces I recommend "dirilis ertuğrul" and here are all of the episodes with english subtitles waiting to be watched.
https://ardirilisertugrul.net/enertugrul.php

Dondi- a couple of new period pieces this fall,

"Barbaroslar", remember Suleiman the Magnificent's admiral of his navy, starring the actor who played Ertugrul.
https://ardirilisertugrul.net/Barbaros/Barbaroslar-Episode-1

"Mavera",
https://ardirilisertugrul.net/episode/Mavera-episode-1

and a couple of old ones I'm not sure I mentioned,

"Uyanis buyuk selcuklu", 34 episodes.
http://ardirilisertugrul.net/episode/Uyanis-Buyuk-Selcuklu-episode-1

"Bozkir Aslani Celaleddin", only 7 episodes
https://osmanonline.co.uk/watch-bozkir-aslani-celaleddin-season-1-episode-1-with-english-subtitles/

 

I personally cannot stand dubbing. I started learning Spanish when I was 10 thanks to subtiles, and now I live in a country where they are dubbing everything and it's a nightmare. We actually prefer to go to a cinema that is almost an hour away just so we can watch movies with the original voices. I even watched Turkish stories with subtitles and was picking up on certain expressions, but then it all went away when I stopped.

Urban, I LOVED the original El Clon, and I watched it with subtitles,too. Helped me understand Portuguese, which is actually helpful for me at work. Same for Italian, that I cought watching cartoons as a kid.

 

I watched El Clon on Univision years ago. I don't remember it, except that they said "Habibi" (Honey) a lot .

Deb,thanks for the suggestions.
 

Thanks for the info and the links, Deb!

Now I did not know that dizis aired only once a week...what a horror to have to wait a whole week!

Gotta say it...I learn something new everyday here. What a wonderful resource for some good entertainment! :-)
 

Besides the great storylines ,acting, and scenery in the Turkish dizis ,I must mention the wonderful music .

I decided to watch Fatmagul from the beginning because I really never watched the first 10 episodes or so. I was too chicken because I knew the beginning episodes would be too brutal and traumatic given the premise of this show. wow!!! I am even more impressed at the superb writing and acting. Absolutely amazing . I think I will watch the whole thing again ...this time without jumping around the episodes .
 

RGV, Thank you for the imfo. I saw some interesting stuff to watch on wintery cold nights.
I clicked on to that link with Reyyan and kavruk.
Wow whoda thunk him so talented
Outside of the niceness he play in the sancar n nare show.

This is gonna be interesting. And thanks for the Turkish dizi clarification. Wouldn't want to offend the Turkish, they're putting out some good stuff.
 

RgvChick - thank you for the news on upcoming telenovelas. This was a lot of work for you. (((Hugs)))

"Dizi" probably translates to something like "series" although Google Translate says ..... SOAP OPERA. lol!!!


DESTAN looks interesting and has a ~sort of~ Game of Thrones look to the costumes and set. If it is shown here, I might watch, for the costumes. I ended up watching the final season of GOT for that reason.

Dubbing in clear, understandable Spanish would also draw me in. This new generation of telenovelas does not do that anymore, which truly is more like real life, to be honest, and 'neutral' Spanish seems to be a thing of the past.


 

Hi, Nina and Doris!!

Nina, it'll be interesting to see "Kavruk" in this role. If anyone had asked me to guess who the lead male would be in this dizi, he'd be last one I would guess.

Doris, that's too funny about Google Translate. I laugh too when I look up a dizi and the word "novela" pops up immediately. I guess no one has informed Google about the issue LOL

Susanlynn, ITA with you about the music. Though I don't understand the lyrics, the music is amazing. One thing about Spanish-dubbed dizis is that the networks sometimes change the songs to Spanish songs and that is very distracting to me...a turn off, if you will. Even when they use Spanish songs that are really good, it just takes away so much from the dizi. We were lucky with "La Hija del Embajador" where the original sound track was used...and we were even luckier that dondi356 would provide links to the songs with translations.
 

Thanks for the very kind words. I am glad I can be helpful in any way.

deb, thanks for the additional historical dizi info. Are we ever getting you back from the Ottomans? If I can find the time, I want to start Osman with Burak. Ertuğrul is good. I think I was spoiled by Magnificent Century & MC Kosem. I compare all Turkish historical drama to those. They were epic.

If you do a Google translation of “series” English to Turkish, you get “dizi”. Now I mostly use an online Turkish/English dictionary.

And I hate dubbing, too, since I’m trying to learn Turkish. But if Uni and Telemundo are offering, I’ll watch if it’s something that gets my interest.

Waiting a whole week is what we do with American English language shows, yeah, sometimes it sucks. Besides, Turkish eps average over 2hrs an episode. It’s like watching a movie. Hard to binge watch.

I’m glad soundtracks were mentioned. The Turks use music well. I’ve accumulated a large dizi favorites playlist.

I am going to look for Urban's recommendation. It sounds good, thanks.

dondi356

 

Dondi- Osman, being Ertugrul's son, the characters overlap in the two stories and will be spoilers if you go back and then watch Ertugrul, that's what happened to me, you know who lives, little Osman was really cool.

 

Rgv Chick, thanks for the previews. I will definitely check out "Me Estoy Enamorando." With Daniel Arenas and Jorge Salinas, I'm expecting good things.

The Kavruk actor as the galan? This I got to see. He was excellent as the villain in La Hija del Embajador. One of the things I like about the dizis is every role, even the small ones, have some depth. Nobody is a cookie-cutter character. But then, what do I know? I've only watched two!
 

Hi, Niecie, Kavruk wasn't the villain in La Hija. He was Sancar's loyal right hand man. I have trouble seeing him as a leading man.
 

Thanks, Susan! I got the name mixed up. With those soulful eyes, I can see Kavruk as lead. A bit thin though.
 

Sorry, Susanlynn. Autocorrect can't spell!
 

This just came across my news feed! No dates given for when it will air, but more information on the production of Passion de Gavilanes 2.

https://listindiario.com/entretenimiento/2021/10/18/692887/cinco-de-los-seis-protagonistas-de-pasion-de-gavilanes-participaran-en-la-segunda-temporada-de-la-telenovela

 

Chickie, thank you so much for this update . I appreciate all you do to keep the lights on at caraycaray.
 

Chickie, thank you for this uodate. I appreciate all you do to keep the lights on at caraycaray.
 

Darcy

That is so incredible!! The Listin Diario is a newspaper in the Dominican Republic that my husband's family started. First, it started as a bulletin of the ships and the names of people arriving and departing in Santo Domingo from Europe, now it's one of the most successful newspapers in Latin America!

Well known for it's non-bias reporting.

The Dominican Dictator, Rafael Trujillo, closed them down for 21 years of his dictatorship because they would not agree to be censored.


 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I was looking for Montecristo with Silva Navarro and Diego Olivera in the production by Azteca TV. I had seen it once before and really enjoyed it. I wanted to see it once again. I finally found where to watch it, so email me if you you would like to see it.

I was really upset when I saw that William Levy was going to star in a refrito version.

Why does Televisa insist on ruining such fantastic original versions of telenovelas.

Plus, some of the lastest refritos have some terrible actors. They have a stable of great looking and great acting actors but insist on selecting terrible and ugly actors. Just my opinion.

What happened to our inside guy, Stevie, for Televisa??
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder