Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yo Amo a Juan- Mon.11/26/07 -Hello, Goodbye, Hello, Goodbye

We open with a replay of the airport scene where Paula tells Cesar Luis it is entirely his decision to stay or go. He doesn't even have to think, he will stay. She warns wait a minute, this isn't so easy. Were talking about commitment, true commitment here. He innocently asks if there are conditions? [...idiota...] We can marry tomorrow. She reminds him, he was a married man but he got involved with her anyway. She doesn't want him to go. He tells her she closed the doors, she says they still aren't open [yeah, it is so hard to write this straight faced] If he has the least hope that they can be together it is enough for him. She has a lucid second while she says she feels she is making a worse error than before. He rushes in with This time it's not going to be like that, I guarantee... Paula doesn't want guarantees she wants responsibility, commitment and love, love. CL pledges his word that he is going to live for only one thing, to restore her confidence in him. She picks up the thread, Is the proposal of marriage serious? Absolutely! And if I were to accept?? CL would be the happiest man in the world. She questions if he is capable of making this commitment with all that it implies. You have put this world in my head, you have taught me what love really means and now I know I don't ever want to lose you. She says I am the new Paula Davila. However we can assume that the old Cesar Luis now asks her to marry him. Yes she will. Fade into face eating and te amos all around...

At the breakfast table Marely and the three men are enjoying the filet and omelet that Juan prepared. Kike in bib wonders if CL is really on the plane by now. Marely is sure he is. Alirio chimes in that this ill mannered guy didn't even make a personal call to say goodbye to his true friends. Kiki is just grateful that the big boss gave him a job and wonders how life will be under the cute little gal, Señora Monica? Marely looks slyly at Juan and wants to know if CL did well to leave. Juan stutters a bit that CL finished a cycle here and can go on to new horizons. He doesn't want to speak ill of anyone but CL would do well to stay over there... Juan abruptly starts asking everyone if the breakfast isn't just rich and delicious.

CL and Paula kiss while waiting for an elevator. Meanwhile Pastor is talking to Ivonne who is in clean clothes finally. She is telling Pastor that she would have preferred that he stay with her so she could have rubbed it in the face of all his lovers [but who's counting]. Pastor urges her to be careful what she wishes for, one may get it. She was accustomed to always being in the shadow as the second or third on the list but now she is just nobody. Pastor advises her to keep her feet on the ground. She blurts out that she slept with CL last night. Pastor wonders how she can lose her dignity like that [lose what dignity]. What CL can do with women is a strange power he has. Pastor agrees that he usually gets what he wants except with Paula Davila... Oh, who knows returns Ivonne, this morning SHE picked him up to take him to the airport. IMPACTA

The car pulls up to a building and CL questions what are they doing there? Paula wants to to make things right as they should be and they need to talk to someone very important in her life. [you guessed it] MAMA. Ana at her desk receives Paula who says I have some news for you. CL and I are back together! Is this a joke? No joke.[just a big joker in the wings]. CL steps in and tells Ana he understands her surprise. She says he should be traveling right now, Right, but the woman I love stopped me in time. Paula and I have passed through difficult times but our love triumphed. Now we are going to be married. MARRIED! He tells her he is now a free man and nothing can impede them. Ana flusters with her papers and says I'm really busy here. I have to make calls and finish this information. Paula looks disappointed that MA didn't break into song and adds, this may not be the best time but I wanted you to know right away. We'll talk later. Ana says yeah, a very long conversation... As CL goes out first Ana can't help but add, Paula this is madness and the worst one yet.

Juan is driving Monica on their first day together. Monica asks if she can ask a really personal question.... Like he has a choice, but he sweetly says sure. Well, now that CL has gone what's going to happen between you and Paula. Are you going to get close to her again? He returns, no way, we are finished. Now we are just excellent friends. Monica digs in, but where there was a fire.... Juan asserts NO, the firemen put that out. She pokes the sore more, but you are injured?? Well yes, I have some third degree burns, the kind that leave scars and pain in the soul, but that's it. The fire is out. She doesn't want me and I don't want her. Monica presses on, this doesn't feel convincing. You seemed like a very attractive couple... He thought bubbles. What is this woman getting at, she's not attracted to me, but actually I have been wondering the same thing myself about Paula and me. BREAK for a moment of Pasión.

Back to CL and Paula leaving, Did you see how she received us? CL says, we have to understand her, until a short time ago she thought of me as the six headed monster. Paula says, try a thousand heads. He asserts, From today I am going to be the man of your (her) dreams and we will marry later. Later, little by little her annoyance will pass and she will understand. I will convince her of what a naturally enchanting character I am. Paula says wryly, I wouldn't bet my two-weeks wages on it (quincena). He adds, we better prepare ourselves for this type of reaction from others. You know how people are. She says, People? You mean Monica. He wants to keep the cozy moment and says we ought to celebrate, dissolve into more kissykissy.

Juan and Monica arrives, she disappears upstairs and Fern wants to know how it went. Oh, so-so but how did it go with you and Paula? Fern has to tell him that he was to take CL to the airport but Paula showed up first to take him. Upstairs, Monica asks Marely if Paula is in? No not yet. Well tell her to see me as soon as she comes in.

While CL and Paula kiss and hug their way into his apartment her cell phone rings incessantly. She thinks it is her Mom and wants to keep her affable so answers but it is Marely asking if she isn't going to come to work and Monica is looking for her. For what? Business stuff I imagine. Okay, I am coming in now, see you later. CL says don't go, don't go. He really wants to stay and make love but Paula is determined that she has to face Monica now. CL says well I am coming with you. Paula oh is so pleased.

Juan is pain thinking in his car. Did she convince him to not go? Now I'll have to see them together every day. This will be too much for me. Just then CL is driving Paula in her car and pulls over. You must be nervous. No I'm not nervous. You don't have to hide your real feeling (disimular) with me, love. She goes on, it is thought you have left the country, that everything between us is finished and buried. Now we arrive like any other day, together. Do you care what they say? No, but I don't want to be the little comedy for the whole world. We need to explain to them. He says, only one last explanation and then its done! Convince yourself we are not doing anything bad. We don't owe anybody anything. We have to be tranquil and sure of what we are doing. It's all going to be fine.

Juan on the phone not getting an answer at Paula's house. Fern tries to assure him but Juan says, I'm going up to see if Marely knows anything....errr what's up, Marely. Oh, I'm doing my work here. How did things go with Monica? He says, well, she needled me a little but it was okay. Is she continuing to ask questions? Yeah, a heap (granel) of them but I didn't confide in her. Marely warns, well don't, she's the big boss now. He asks his real question: do you know anything about Paula. Yes, she's on her way in right now. Errr I need to ask her a little question. I'll just wait down at my station for her arrival. He kisses hands and greets the lounge lizards. The garage boys are shooting the breeze and they are facing Paula car arriving with CL and Paula while Juan can't see yet. Juan's jaw drops lower than the garage floor when he finally sees CL help Paula out of her car.
BREAK
He continues to hold her hand but she can't even hold her head up as she passes Juan and the boys. CL makes jolly then kisses her hand. Juan pain thinks: This can't be happening, it's a bad dream. Tell me he is on the plane to Spain and he didn't just take her hand but she arrived alone. Wake me up from this nightmare. Don't torture me Wake me up.

Nidia and Yadira are eating again and Yadie sidles up to Nidia to say did you throw off the clown about seeing Gladys? No, I am going to see a little friend, she gives herself that little bra lift. Yadi on the scent says, do tell, are you going to have a little detallin (like tryst?) One day are you going to flee with him. Oh no, daughter, who do you think I am. Yadira is not to be put off. When you confide in me, tell me the truth about what you are doing. Like you advise me. Don't try to kid me, you're too old for that.

In the elevator CL kisses Paula and says he can't wait to see the faces when they walk in together. She looks startled and he says, joke, joke. I bet those three are talking about us. Well down in the garage they certainly are talking about it. Kiki, something is suspicious [so bright] Fern thinks CL changed his mind at the last minute. Kiki joins with, maybe he arrived late and missed the flight and has to take another one. She caused him to stay?? I don't get the picture.

Lizard Lobby: CL and Monica exit the elevator hand in hand and he stops to kiss her right in the middle. Impactada gasps from Ivonne to Marely and all around the room. They go into their respective offices and as he enters his, Monica says what are you doing here, did you forget something? Marely asks Paula to explain in the other office. Back to CL saying he was just thinking last night. Monica cuts him off saying this was the result of his plan but did he need to make such a spectacle. I refer to all the threats and goodbyes. It would have been much easier from the beginning if he had just thrown himself at Paula's feet and begged forgiveness. You're wrong, Monica, I didn't beg for anything. Smirk. Monica goes on, I imagine your ego didn't do this for nothing but did you have to be so extreme to create this farce (montaje) of a journey. I'm not so crazy, he beams, I'm just a man in love. Monica jabs, with whom, yourself. No with Paula. She continues, you are only in love with yourself. But you fought and you won and now Paula is just where you wanted her. He says, your analysis is very interesting. She goes on, this is the completion of your plan. But it is also the end of your interest in Paula, I feel sorry for her, you have proof that you met the challenge. Well, I am going to marry Paula.

Parallel explanations, Paula insists she just went to say goodbye and ended up accepting to be his wife. It's the most important decision of my life. I couldn't do anything else...

Monica the psychologist goes on, this relationship won't work, because unlike her, Paula knows who he is. She knows he is a traitor, liar, and trickster, you can't change and your life is going to be an inferno. In the other room sweet sensible Marely is telling the silly Paula about seriousness, commitment of marriage and advising Paula not to rush.

Monica wants to know what will happen to Farrel, Inc. with this change? Nothing, he says, we will marry, have a long, long honeymoon and well, you are in charge of the company. When we return we will live in the house. You mean the one where you and I lived together for so many years?? He quickly retreats, Oh, I don't know maybe we will travel indefinitely, then find the perfect place to live our love. Well you are a box of surprises she says.
Paula goes on telling Marely her pack of dreams and that she still trembles when she sees him....gush. Marely sagely says if someday this all fails, I will be there to help you out. They hug and bond.

The garage diagnostic goes on with Kiki thinking he came back because he missed his plane. Juan begs him to stop the foolish talk and go upstairs to find out what is going on. You mean me be a SPY?? not nice, not nice. GO, do me this favor.

Ivonne rants to Pastor that, He kissed her so everyone could see. Pastor beams as you are in front of a genius, a modern day Machiavellian Prince. WHO? asks the clueless one.. Oh, never mind. You shouldn't be surprised at what you saw... Basically he lays claim to the whole scheme but adds Paula didn't cave until the absolute last minute. Ivonne wonders how the old girl fell for it so easily? Gaitan [to my disappointment but not surprise] says, SHE'S a Woman, and you are all the same when in love so much ting-a-ling hour by hour. It's only the hormones at work. I know about these things. Ivonne grimaces, take me out of this group. He insists she should be grateful that he kept her from intervening. Ivonne still says even though Paula isn't Monica (like smart) she isn't naive. Pastor says even if he changes wives, if that happens, he isn't trying to change lovers. He is a hunting animal a predator. I don't think he will change his habits for Paula. He starts: a tree that grows crooked... and Ivonne finishes, never straightens its branches.

Kike's belly enters the room way before he does and he hops over to the desk. He gives the old que pasa to the woman (he went to someone's wedding with her). She says she wants nothing to do with him now that he has married Yadira. He returns that this sin has its own penance. As he is trying to get information. Gaitan steps behind him and says, the winds of reconciliation are blowing.... then Kike slinks back down stairs and says he has nothing to say but then reveals the reconciliation and the kiss in the lobby. BREAK. Then, how do you know all this so fast. In another five minutes you would know the name of their first son. You asked me to confirm and Don Pastor himself is my source. Juan thinks sad faced once more, I'll forget everything and wonders if she will think even one little bit for me. I will bear this with dignity.

Angarita and Nidia meet on the street. She is ultra-glam and he says, did you come to scold me about Juan and Enrique seeing us?? No, not at all she simpers. No, I have an indecent proposal. He hesitates, are we talking about business. Not exactly, and I have a dry throat. We see Gutie spying with his camera...

Ivonne tries to engage Marely about the scandal but Marely tells her to stop the bad comments.

Cesar Luis back in Pastor's office is congratulating him on his sublime, spectacular plan. You are a genius Señor Pastor, I regret doubting your intelligent strategy. You deserve an increase in your salary, but wait, I'm not the president anymore. I'm going to devote myself to Paula, this is the happiest I have been in my life. Ivonne interrupts to whine about losing him. He says sometimes you win sometimes you lose. She starts in about details of their affair. He says don't you dare say these things in front of Gaitan. She says, oh save the threats, I already know you are going to marry Paula!

In the cafe, Nidia confides that her marriage is over but when Angarita asks how Alirio took it she has to admit that he actually doesn't know yet.. We see the camera again.. Nidia says she can't separate from Alirio yet, but this gives us an opportunity to have a little intermediate thingy. Angarita counters with this walking up in the branches doesn't work with me.

CL and Ivonne are still squaring off in Gaitan's office but Gaitan has wisely left the room. She shrieks, how may years have we been together and how many times have you asked me to marry you. He sputters and lamely says, but you will be invited to my wedding. Ivonne threatens, how would she act if she new when she was slitting her wrists you were in bed with me. I have nothing to lose. Cesar Luis grabs her arm shoves her in threatening anger.
Just outside Gaitan is pacing in the lobby and Paula approaches looking for Cesar Luis..... FIN

Labels:


Comments:
I was so sad for Juan! He deserves better that Paula, but then again "en el corazón no se manda" :) I've been wondering how is Nidia going to deal with her 3 men... she could end up alone if she doesn't play her cards right. I also feel for Monica. She should take the globes out and kick Paula out of the company. Anyway great recap and thank you for taking your time to do this for us
Maricruz
 

Wow, Cheryl, another great recap! ....Thanks! You're not a newbie any more!!

CL deserves worse than anything I could think up. The Monday previews looked like Juan gets a piece of CL. That's much deserved.

"Fade into face eating and te amos all around..." LOL! It's disgusting but you made it downright amusing.

Don't you just want to shake Juan and make him pay attention to Marely? Every episode she gets better and better. Maybe the telenovela rules won't work here and Marely is really our leading lady. One can hope.

Schoolmarm Jeanne
 

Oh dang I just knew that Paula and CL would get back together. Actually I'm glad; they deserve each other. They are such a bore.

It's a scary day when Ana and I are of the same mind.

"Juan pain thinks", what a great term! He is the master of the hangdog expression.

Maricruz, I think you could be right about Nidia. Angarita doesn't seem like the kind of guy who will settle for being the "second course."

I'm a bit irritated at Pastor for his sexist comments. On the other hand maybe his viewpoints are based on watching Ivonne. Anyway, he is right about the tree that grows crooked.

I'm confused about the way Yadi treats Kike. She supposedly loves him, right? So what's with the bitch fest?

Wonderful recap Cheryl. You have a very witty way with words!
 

Thanks, Maricruz, Cap'ns Jenny and Eve for the support and feedback. Are there only about three or four of us watching this now. I find it so entertaining and fun to be learning so much slang. I have also noticed that after doing more recaps, a side effect is that my reading speed has gone into overdrive. Amazing, I got my Mexican Lit class homework done in record time. Must be all the additional vocabulary I have picked up since starting to watch multiple telenovelas in June. I started Destilando last January when it began in Mexico and before that I watched only Alborada last year.
 

You think not many people are watching this show? Well it's my favorite, ever, even more than the Colunga shows (though I see he will be riding a horse in Pasion and that makes me very very happy) because it's so gentle and sweet. SO who cares? We're having fun.
 

Thanks Cheryl...I didn't find this recap till this morning (Wed.) but it was worth waiting for. And really appreciate your translation of "quincena"...I had no idea what she was talking about.
Like everyone else (and there ARE more than 3 or 4 of us) I am rooting for Juan to wake up and see how adorable and right-for-him is Marely. And presumeably, Yadira is going to be eventually "rehabbed" into a loving sweet wife after some prolonged skirmishes with Kiki...at least I sure hope so!

Judy B.
 

I agree with Melinama, we Juan lovers may be a minority group, but we are faithful and have strong convictions! There haven't been many better than this one for enjoyment, rather than (what's your term Judy B? Sturm and drang or something like that?) mayhem.

Schoolmarm J
 

This definitely is one of my favorite telenovelas ever. It's very different from any I have ever seen before.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder