Sunday, October 01, 2006

Introducing myself!!

Since I'm new to Caray, Caray, I figure I will tell you a little about myself, since the only other name that looks familiar from the Telenovela World is Jardinera.

I live in New York, I'm married, 2 kids, son 21, daughter 20, 3 cats and 2 dogs, oh! and a husband!! I'm a Sales & Marketing Manager in the international division of a big corporation.

I was born in El Salvador and came to the US when I was 15, as a little girl I always enjoyed watching novelas.

Currently I only watch occasionally, in order for me to get into a novela, I either must like the story from the very beginning or my favorite actor (Guy Ecker) or actress (Kate del Castillo) must be in it.

About 8 years ago the telenovela La Mentira aired here in the US, I started watching because of Kate and thanks to that I discover Guy Ecker.

We had a forum in Telenovela World and I was one of the summary writers, one day to our surprise Guy posted in the forum, then told the novela producer about it and before we knew it the producer and 3 member of the cast started posting, We created a chatroom and invited all the actors and producer and we developed a great friendship with them.

When the novela ended, we went to the Cristina show in April, we had arranged to meet with Guy after the show we got pictures autographs etc.

We kept in touch with the producer and he told us that in August, several from the cast of La Mentira were doing a tour for Ronald McDonald Charity at Chicago Navy Pier and if we wanted to go meet them he would call Univision and get us in touch with the PR people. So the so-called Mentiraholics went off to Chicago, where we met Kate, her dad Eric, Roxana Castellanos, Rosa Maria Bianchi, it was during that meeting that Kate del Castillo invited us to go to Mexico to visit Televisa so in December we went to Mexico, to Televisa and many other places, met many of the actors and that's how we have kept in touch with a lot of them for the past 8 years. When Heridas started, I decided to get a group together from the Mentiraholics as most of us keep in touch, got a hold of Guy's wife Estela who is also his manager and she invited us to go to the set of Heridas so the last week of August 7 of us spent 4 days at the locaciones and saw the taping of many, many scenes, went to lunch with Guy and his wife and got to meet Jacky Bracamontes and many others from the cast. So as you can see I do this as a hobby now. I have met great people along the way and made great friends from all over the world. I will give Mundo de Fieras a shot, I do like Cesar Evora but can't stand Sebastian Rulli, so we'll see how it goes, looking forward to meeting everyone here. In the Telenovela world page of Heridas I posted many of the pictures I have with all the actors.

Gloria

UPDATE: For picture of Gloria with Guy Ecker, scroll down the sidebar on the left!

Labels:


Comments:
Wow Gloria, what an interesting story! Thank you for sharing it. I just love that you got to meet Guy Ecker (such a hottie) and other cast members of Heridas. We have wondered from time to time if any actors or telenovela folk might ever read Caray, Caray. Hearing your story about them joining your chatroom is simply delightful. It would be awesome to meet Guy Ecker, and his little dog too! (We think that sweet, gentle Lucas is his dog, do you know if he is or not?)

That's great that you recognize Jardinera as a recapper here. Isn't she marvelous?

Oh hey! I just noticed that your pic with Guy was included in the sidebar. What a great addition to the blog site. Thanks again for sharing your story!!
 

Well thank you for clearing up the mystery of Lucas. How lucky for us that we have an "in" with some of our favorite stars.

Welcome to Caray, Caray!
 

Hi Gloria! You met Guy and many others! Im so jealous that I could spit!

Im glad you are here and look forward to your knowledge in the telenovela world. Welcome!
 

Hi Gloria and welcome!
If you would rather recap Heridas, you can certainly take my spot and I could do Mundo.
 

Hi, Gloria. Very interesting!!! Is Guy as nice a person as he appears to be? It's amazing that the actors started posting. I wonder if any of the actors have read this forum or the ''Alborada'' one.!! Susanlynn
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder