Thursday, November 16, 2006

La Fea Más Bella #146 11/15/06 Atrevete-te-te...Geek in wolf clothing, Idiomatic Posters, and finally a real discussion!!!

We open with Tomas defunkifying himself again. Oh man, I was rolling even the second time, I just thought this was so funny!! The powder conveniently in the car, and then all over his face, and the gargling of the cologne!!! Two things every man I know keeps in his glove compartment!! He’ll never beat his geek image if he keeps wearing white socks with a dark suit.

We are back in the restaurant when your favorite psychic and mine, Jorge Flores, alias psychic guy (PG) shows up once again. I really wish I had one following me around whenever I was in personal crisis. Fer challenges him with the question we’ve all been asking: I asked you for an explanation of the things that are really important to me and you’ve answered me with nothing! If I tell you why Lety has really changed around you it’s not going to do you any good. Why not? You will find out soon enough but it has to be in your own good time. When this happens you are going to learn a great lesson of life, and you will adapt yourself in the right place, deep inside your very being. F- What? I don’t understand anything. PG – And you shouldn’t even try to understand. Every change is gained by moving through a process. That process is in motion and you are right in the middle of it. So, just calm down, it will come. F- Fine but at least tell me if Lety left me for that jerk Tomas Mora. PG - You know why you continue being wrong? Because, you are incapable of solving your problems. You have everything turned around and mixed up. Between the business and love. Separate them and choose. If you keep thinking your business is the most important thing in your life, you’re a lost cause. Look I have to go now. See you. F-What’s with this guy, he shows up and he’s left me worse off than I was before he came!


Tomas’s pep talk! T-You are a fool, this guy is manipulating you. Remember all the things the letter said. What did you think, that he was going to roll out the red carpet for you at this restaurant? L- Ok I was wrong, but if you don’t come for me I’ll take a taxi. T- Calm down Lety, look, you are there with him. Now, remember all the things he said made him suffer to be with a Fea? Well then make him suffer!!!! Go back in there and show him what it really means to suffer by being with a Fea!!! I’m at my house now taking off my tie and putting on my pajamas -


I thought it was worth noting the poster in the background during her call: La suerte de la Fea la bonita la desea. Beauty is a burden or The beauty desires the fate of the Ugly. Prophetic, no? Let’s hope so!!!! With that Lety decides Tomas is right and once again she composes herself and marches right back in all her ugly glory to keep Fer from getting the best of her!!

Fer asked her how her call went, and she said fine you know how my Dad is, I’m sorry it took me so long. F- Nah don’t worry. Just then the waiter comes over to ask if the lady would care for an aperitif. Fer interrupts and says no, no, nothing for her. Lety interjects forcefully, a VODKA STRAIGHT UP. Fern is impactado. F- What do you mean a vodka? You don’t drink! Only to get on airplanes, remember? Lety repeats to the waiter without missing a beat, VODKA STRAIGHT UP, please.
F- Why do you want a vodka? L- Because it’s not often I get out to a place like this I think it’s a great occasion to drink a vodka, don’t you think? Perplexed he agrees.


Tomas is still primping in case she kisses him, he wants her to fall in love at that first kiss. Then Alicia comes out. He is impactado at the mamasota before him…..it ain’t no photo anymore! Shall we go? Where, uh oh yeah of course. He tells her how beautiful her stole is….He says to himself, this is starting off well. A-Did she make him wait too long? [No, not many places he still needed to put the powder so I think it was ok]. He says he let his chauffeur off for the night because you know how gossipy they can be. Besides he wanted to drive his beloved Benz. He squirms out of not knowing where to go by letting her choose. A-Let’s go to Le Noir! He asks her how to get there because his chauffeur always drives, so he can’t remember.

Back in the restaurant Fer is happy they are finally talking. Fer wants to know what crime he committed that made her so upset with him these last few days…Lety gives him her best fake smile again, listening to him with quite a smirk on her face while he tells her he wants it to be like it was. He says let’s toast to our love….. in true college chick style she slammed the whole thing instantly. Fern is impactado and wants to know what she is doing. I’m toasting to us, to our night, Waiter another please!!! Just then hoochie number one slinks over to the table fawning over Fern……To his credit, he’s not very warm to her. He finally presents his assistant ( I guess it’s ok to introduce her to this social climber …) Hoochie one ignores Lety. Lety very snidely continues as if unphased. Hoochie asks when they are going to see each other again before he marries. Lety screams for another VODKA. Hoochie continues that he should marry her instead of Marcia….and oh did I interrupt? F - Yes we are working, here. H-What? You came here to work? Alright fine, I’ll leave you then. Goodbye. Lety tells her in her most sarcastic voice that it was a pleasure to have met her.


Back in the squiggle mobile Tomas puts on opera extremely loud….they discuss the volume, which Tomas finally lowers. Alicia wondered how he escaped Lety. He said she has a business meeting tonight.

Ok, now Fer and Lety can get down to their heart to heart. He wants to talk about business first then personal. Oh, whoops, I jumped the gun, Hoochie number two shows up. (She’s not quite as bad I don’t think) He pretends to be put off by the way those women from Spain act. Fer says he would like to give her a raise, she’s earned. She says he can’t do that because of the loan Conceptos owes Filmo Imagen and there is no budget for this. He says well maybe she could take as an employee of FI then, she says that wouldn’t be fair because she hardly does any work for FI, Tomas does it all, and she already budgeted his salary. Fer was not happy to hear this. He thinks maybe she’d like a commission then. She says no. He says ok, well I promised you a car that I never got you, now is the time. No thanks, don’t worry, I’m fine with the convertible unless you don’t agree that I should have something so nice. There’s discussion about bills and incidentals and she says not to worry because FI has loaned enough money to account for these things, unless you want us to lower the amount of the loan. He says no! She says really none of this is necessary because she’s content with her present income. Tomas and I have it all figured out. F- Yeah you and Tomas are quite a team huh? I suppose he’s not coming to get you again tonight is he? L- says no he’s sleeping by now. Again let’s toast to our love.

Now at Le Noir, Tomas shakes the powder from his shoes…and awkwardly plays with the benz before turning it over to the valet. He worries about the uniforms, that they are very scratchy maybe? Take care of it and …then you’ll get your good tip. Yeah I can’t even imagine the tip I’ll get! It’s going to be huge!!


Lety & Fe - now the personal: He doesn’t want the companies to confuse the real issue of their relationship, and what’s going on between them. He hasn’t been able to sleep! L- You’ve had insomnia since you became president. F-No, this is very different. What is going on between us. L-Nothing, everything is fine. F - NO you’re with Tomas more than you’re with me. What’s going on with the two of you? Did you forget that you were in love with me? A tear rolls down Lety’s face. Did you fall out of love with me? Tell me Lety because I need to know.

Tomas & Alicia go into the restaurant where the maitre d’ tells them about the other Conceptos folks that dined here today as he knows Alicia. A made a point of telling him Lety spent his money on all her friends, didn’t he know? T- Oh yeah, I remember. The guy asks about their reservation. T- We don’t need a reservation I’m the president of Filmo Imagen. He tells her one must be gruff with the waiters to get good service..he doesn’t pull out her seat for her.

What the hell is up with his overcoat and those sleeves??????? He won’t even let the waiter take it.


Oh I’m so excited finally some real dialogue. F - Lety you’re not going to answer me? L- I’m still in love with you. F-You say that but I don’t believe it. L- NO? She goes to kiss him. He says what you are doing… Hoochie number 3 makes a pass at him but her date shows up before he can acknowledge her. L- yeah you are only amorous when we are alone..or with strangers. F- It’s not you, it’s because of Marcia. If you want to go somewhere else I will be happy to kiss you, just not here. Lety gets mad… She tells him he’s kissed plenty of other women cheating on Marcia in places just like this and that didn’t bother him. He says that was different. She says let’s be honest, it’s not really Marcia he’s worried about, it’s his friends. He doesn’t want his friends seeing him kissing Lety la Fea. He said no way, that’s not it at all. She says if not, then kiss me.

Tomas & Alicia at dinner….he asks the water to take the candle…because the lights aren’t out….Alicia stops him. A- I am very happy her with you. A- wants Cognac instead of champagne, so Tomas asks for a whole bottle since he was thinking of that too. T- Oh and make sure you bring glasses for us too. I like it better if you call me Tommi.. A- Tommi, today we’ll get to know each other better.

Fer leans in for a second, but then catches himself and makes an excuse that here he can’t be affectionate with Lety…somewhere else, yes, but not here. L- You are the only one that is important in this relationship, not me. And where would this place be? I can’t wait to see where we would go, you better bring a lamp or a candle. Every place you take me is dark and has no lights. F- That’s not true, don’t you remember Germany and Cuernavaca, I kissed you many times in the plain of day. L- Yeah I remember, but you closed your eyes super tight to tolerate kissing me. He says that’s not true, don’t make things up. We agreed to keep our relationship discrete. I never told you that we would go public. Lety is furious!!! Never? Never? You said that when we got back you would break up with Marcia so you and I could be together openly. He agrees but explains that they already discussed that he realized he can’t do that until after the executive committee meeting. Besides why would he have to hide with her in the dark because if she didn’t notice, he sees her very clearly everyday at Conceptos. She jests that he is able to see her so well in her dark little closet of an office. He says now you are going to pick on me for that? I offered to move you many times to a much brighter office, with windows even, and you refused many times. She sulks, it’s because I wanted to stay closer to you, I’d rather be in the dark. F- Look it doesn’t matter what kind of light I kiss you in. When I kiss you it’s not what I see, it’s what I feel. Being in the dark that’s the best way to completely feel it anyway, I feel the kiss deep down inside of me. Lety tells him well in that case then this is turning into the love of vampires. They are destroyed by sunlight! [This was so funny!] She fakes understanding, he doesn’t believe her. F- This conversation is going nowhere. He tells her he loves her, that he is really in love with her.


More toasts Tomas is hungry so he wants to order but Alicia is not in a hurry. He shuffles awkwardly through the menu. They chat idlely. He pours some of his drink into hers. He tells her to order for the both of them. Scallops, and Oysters in white wine for an appetizer. Tomas asks the waiter if they have something and it’s an attempt to make a silly joke. He makes his goofy laugh.

F – Look love is not the problem here, it’s something else and this something has a name, Tomas Mora. He is what is troubling me. Be honest do you have something with him? L- Well right now I feel more for him than I do you. Please help me not feel this. Please help me show the love that I feel for you. F- How? L- She begs him, Kiss me. He leans in to do it. Ring!!!!!!!!!!Saved by the bell Marcia, I told you she’s very insightful, she has impeccable timing!!! Ugh!!! The bast*** answers it!!!! Lety sobs, he always lies!!!!

He goes out to take the call, his conversation is held in front of the poster that says Mas sabe el Diablo por Viejo que por Diablo. There’s no substitute for experience, or, the devil knows more from being old than he does from being a devil. Fer tells Marcia the truth and then cuts her off, during which he remembers Lety’s earlier call. He moves over to the Lo cortes no quita lo valiente poster - Politeness does not imply weakness, or the courtesy does not get rid of the valiant. He checks his cell phone call register and realizes she didn’t call home.

F calls the number in a fake voice and Tomas after a clown act finally answers acting tired thinking it to be Lety. Fer gets mad and says ok, you want to play Lety, let’s play. He rises next to the De noches todos los Gatos son Pardos – Different things often appear as if they were the same or At night all cats are grey.

We flash back again to A & T at Le Noir, but by now I’m not caring too much at all what’s happening with them so back to L & F. Sorry.

So he comes back. Lety said he was gone so long she figures Marcia is mad and so they have to go. He says no that wasn’t a problem. Where were we? Oh yeah, showing me you feel nothing for Tomas. It starts getting ugly. They start yelling at each other in that very cavernous restaurant that I’m sure would lend itself to their entire conversation being heard by all patrons. He wants to know the truth. He starts telling her he knows she didn’t call home etc. and how dare she make such a call from his phone. She says I’ll pay you for the call then. He doesn’t care about the money he cares about the shame she has caused him. She says fine, she’s shameful but she won’t let him offend her and she gets up to leave. He starts yelling at her you are not going anywhere. She tells him to try and stop her. L- These are your people in this restaurant; I don’t care what anyone here says about me, or if I look like a fool. If you start a scandal you are the one who loses. Again he calls her by her full first name as he screams running after her.


F gets to the front where he begs her not to leave and that they need to talk and clear things up. She’s bawling and tells him - Don’t waste your time talking to such a shameless person. F- You are not shameless - I didn’t really mean that. Damnit, can’t you just listen? You are trying to drive me crazy and you are succeeding, but you are not standing me up here, you can’t leave until we clear up something. L- Clear up what? Everything is clear. Leticia Padilla Solis is dating two men at one time, there you have it. Everything is clear. F- Fine in that case we are through. We are over. L- Why, because you can’t share me? There’s no one else quite like me. F- Ok, I was wrong to have said those things. I know I was wrong and I feel badly. Please come back in the restaurant and let’s calm down so we can talk about all this and clear up everything. Lety asks why when he will just suffer to be with her. He’s really mad now. F- I’m not suffering to be with you!!!!! Oh yeah you sure showed me all night long. F-Why, because I didn’t kiss you in front of everyone? Because I didn’t show you appreciation? You know what, I’m going to show you my love. L - Don’t you dare. He grabs her. F- I want to demonstrate my love to you. You are breaking my heart. I love you! I’m so jealous of that damned Mora. Tomas can’t kiss you like I do because I love you. I’m dying to kiss you. I would give my whole life just to kiss you! [But don’t touch Conceptos] And they do it!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, some tension was released I was going through kiss withdrawal!!!! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!!! I’m guessing she pushes him off eventually and runs away in proper telenovela style, though. I hope not but….

Labels:


Comments:
What an exciting episode, it really crackled!
 

Thanks so much for getting the recap done; I was dying to get the translations for all that intense dialog b/t Fer and Lety. Those two are crazy for each other and driving each other crazy. Not to be crass, but they need to get a room and work it all out!
And Fer--hello!--you don't have to answer your phone everytime it rings.
Lisa
 

Great, great recap K! I was getting bored with A&T at the restaurant. Now I know, she would sink to any low for money!
I love the psycic guy! I've been watching for him to show up in my life but so far no luck.
Finally, passionate kisses! I loved it but know it will only make me want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrie L.
 

Thank you, for the recap, I had to work last nite and missed it. I hope he realizes (Fer) that he truly loves Lety, but ya know, then it would be over too soon. I canno9t wait for the tranformation of Lety. As for Tommie Boy, he is a real hoot, too bad Alicia is such a "nasty"
 

"Tommy Boy" and Alicia deserve each other, they are such fakes! I hope she chokes on his sweet perfume.

I think the transformation of Lety has begun. Her clothing isn't as odd, her skin isn't as blotchy, as when they started the show, her mannerisms are mostly gone, she is cool and composed, and when sad, she is genuinely sad like a grownup. I like that it's not going to be one of those sudden Hollywood transformations - take off the glasses, put on a sexy dress, and boom. We all see her differently now than we did at the beginning, that's the thing. And look what a twitchy fool Fernando is in comparison! Clueless, immature, vain, unwilling to face the mess he's gotten himself into.
 

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia....Now she is psychic....I try to call my husband on the cell, to catch him at "important points", but hmmmmmm
just something stupid like he is paying for gas or standing in line at a grocery store....Oh for the "FER-DAR" that seems to give her the clue...dial now.

I was wondering if anyone could be more obnoxious in public than
Alicia? Well I now have my answer yes, that would be Tomas
 

Fern's adorable, but cute can take you only so far. Hopefully, as Lety is coming to realize her self-worth it will send Fern on the same kind of journey. He has to or he will never be worthy of Lety.
 

Yes, I now find myself thinking Lety looks pretty in the closeups. Her skin, eyes and bone structure are pretty. I'm pretty sure Lety will push Fernando away because she is trying not to love him. The chemistry between the two is so strong that it would be almost impossible to resist since Lety would be able to feel the love Fernando has for her although her brain is telling her a different story. She is becoming so strong and realizing her self-worth though, so she'll probably walk away from him.

That Tomas Mora is such a nerd it's almost hard to watch but his powder scenes with the white socks were funny. Interesting that Alicia finally gets to go to Le Noir but doesn't really get to enjoy it because it would be so embarrassing to be with Tomas in such a refined setting.

Thanks for posting so quickly. I was dying to get the coversations between Lety and Fernando translated. What a great show.

I really love that "Geek in Wolf Clothing" title. Too funny!

Connie
 

Thanks for the excellent recap.

Wow, I cannot get over the incredible chemistry between Lety and Fern. I swear my TV shot off sparks.

Wow, this was an episode that really left Fern looking bad. I hope he gets his act together because he is really messing up his and Lety's lives. The very thing he needs to do, walk away from Conceptos and Marcia and walk towards Lety, is the very thing he is resolved not to do.

Hey, I also wanted to thank you for translating the posters. I knew they meant something. :)

Lastly, I actually felt for Alicia--I know it seems impossible. But she really paid for the fancy dinner big time. Apparently, Lety should have sent Tomas to some etiquette classes. Boy, does he need them!!!!! Stacey
 

Posters? What posters?
 

The joke:

Tomas: Do you have frogs' legs?
Waiter: Yes.
Tomas: Well then hop away and hurry with our order!

A terrible joke for any language.
 

Regarding the posters:

When both Lety and Fern head to the back area of the restraunt, to make their telephone calls, there were prominent posters on the walls behind them. Since I couldn't help notice them, I wonder if they had some meaning. The translations of the posters in the recap proved the point that they did. Just a little fun the creators of the show were having.
 

Whew...thank goodness I watched this episode on tape so I could rewind and watch that last sequence again. I wish Lety would realize that Fer could not be faking this. After all, she has witnessed what a hard time he has pretending to be in love with Marcia...how could he turn around and be so good at "pretending" to be in love with her??

I laughed out loud at Tomas getting ready for his date. ¡Que relajo!
 

Well, I was up until wee hours working on it, and at work in the am, so I'm dragging horribly, but I knew how intense this episode was, and man, I imagined how bad I'd be dying to know what was going on here if I didn't catch it all. I'm glad I found the stamina, trust me, if it wasn't for wanting to get to that kiss at the end...I wouldn't have been quite as motivated. Thanks for the joke, Julie. I guessed it would be slappy, I just didn't have as much patience to devote my time to A&T as I did to L&F...that is probably obvious!!!! T basically was a heathen at every turn, and embarrassed her deservedly so, for all the times she's embarrassed everyone else. Yes, I'm with everyone who thinks these two deserve each other. Their faults and graces complement each others. This was a fabulous episode!!!!
 

My posters comment (what posters) was meant as a joke because the show was so intense and I didnt want to miss a word - so I didnt even notice the posters. And when Fern is on the screen I wouldn't notice if someone with 2 heads walked behind him and did a somersault. Sandy
 

I figured you were kidding about the posters. ;) I tried to figure out what they said, but couldn't get a good look. Thanks, K, for checking them out and noting their sly relevance. :)
 

Thank you very much for the recap.I really love those two people-fernando and letty.Does anybody know where I can buy a dvd copy of this series with english subtitles?It's not available here in the Philippines.
 

I get so much fun reading everybody's comments.

And K thank you so much for doing the recap in the wee hours. You did a fantastic job and really captured the emotional sparks between Lety and Fern. I couldn't wait to bring up your recap this morning!

Loved this comment by Sandy, "And when Fern is on the screen I wouldn't notice if someone with 2 heads walked behind him and did a somersault." Ha-ha.

Now I am on pins and needles about what will happen tonight. Drat, I have a late night class and will be eagerly waiting for it to finish and then go home and straight to the VCR. Stacey
 

Love the recaps..Why doesn't Lety tell Fernando about reading the "pursuit of the fea letter"? What's so difficult about nailing his arrogant superficial "ass" to the wall..

Tomas & Alicia in the Le Noir restaurant is just too funny..He's apt to choke on the Caviar when he pays the bill for the Hoochie Mama Alicia with the big "boobs" and no brains..
 

To Libby: I agree that Fern's intensity shows that he is not lying. But there's that awful letter, coupled by everything Lety has overheard Fern and Omar spoken. Also, how uncool to open their dialogue with "how about a pay raise or a car?" It comes out like he is offering her a bribe. Oh, Fernando, if you just gave Lety your heart that would be more than enough. Stacey
 

Yeah, that was a very poor choice on Fern's part. He's only confirming Lety's belief that the money is his real priority.

I really do wish that Lety would keep in mind that Omar is the person who wrote that letter, not Fern, and that Omar is the one who's saying the most obnoxious things that she's overhearing behind closed doors. But then our story would be too short. :)

(I'm in New Bedford, MA.)
 

I'm not anxious to rush to the end whatever happens. I'm enjoying the series way too much!
I use to like Tomas but last night he was too much to take. Really annoying! I couldn't believe how Alicia could smile and coo at him all night. It's a great relationship. He loves her as much as she loves himself!
Super passion in the kisses between Fernando and Lety! They seem to enjoy themselves! I know I would!!!!!!!!!1
 

Woops! That's suppose to be "he loves her as much as she loves herself!"
 

Dare I say it? I almost felt bad for Alicia! I have been on that date!
The Lety and Fern scenes were heartbreaking! Excellent acting on the part of both characters.
 

Alicia smiled and cooed to Tomas because she needs at least 40,000 pesos to get her car out of hock. Knowing her, she probably has a ton of outstanding debt all around Mexico City.

Still I did feel sorry her. She is going to pay dearly for every pesos she can pry out of Tomas. And you know that gravy train will stop once Lety finds out what is going on.

HA-HA--Evil little snicker on my part. As the previews showed Alicia inviting Tomas over to her place, I cannot help but imagine the look on her face the next day when she finds talcom powder all over the place. Maybe will get a scene where she calls her pop to get sympathy over the mess he made. Hee-hee.
Stacey (San Jose, CA)
 

Thank you so much for the recap!!! I missed the show last night and after reading the recap, especially the back and forth between Lety and Fernando, I feel like I was there watching it!!! It was great. I'm starting to feel sorry for Fernando. He's a hot little dummy, but a dummy nonetheless. I think that he knows exactly what PG is saying, he just doesn't want to face it yet, just like mot hot little dummies.
 

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL JOB OF RECAPPING. I COULDN'T WAIT TO READ IT.

AT LONG LAST THEY KISSED...!!! WHAT KISSES...!!!

I, TOO, TAPE THE STORY AND ADMIT I KEPT GOING BACK TO SEE THE LAST SEQUENCE OVER AND OVER.

I FELT LIKE I "IMPLODED" INSIDE WHEN THEY FINALLY EMBRACED..

I DON'T THINK I EVER GOT SO INTO A NOVELA AS THIS ONE. FERN AND LETY SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF THEMSELVES OF THE SUPERB JOB THEY'VE DONE...!!! EVEN TOMAS AND ALICIA ARE GOOD, BUT I HAVE TO SAY MOST ANNOYING -- THOSE SNORTS AND HER CONSTANT MAAARCIA...!!!

BEAUTIFUL RECAPPING. THANKS A MILLION....!!!

ANN
 

Is there a recap for Thursday 11/16/06. I couldn't wait to get up this morning and read it, but it was not there. I am dying to know what Lety said to Fernando just before she got into the cab.
 

I hope lety and Fernando get together in the end. Does anyone know. If this were not to happen, I would never watch another telennovia by the author of this one again. I am not spanish, but I have a spanish tutor and I study on my own. Between what i see and the few words I understand and my tutor, I piece together this soap. I have never seen anything so fabulous in soap.
 

The 2010 discussion for Capitulos 145 & 146 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder