Thursday, November 09, 2006

La Fea Más Bella #141 11/8/06 Tomas finds German engineered love, and Fernando learns of his future

Tomas and Lety are driving back to Lety’s house arguing about Tomas’ new found sex-appeal …uh…translate Mercedes… and he doesn’t understand why Lety was so mad. T -What is so bad about having Jasmin’s number? T- I was just being nice and asking about you and she came up and starting talking to me. Lety says, oh yeah, so nice that her number ended up in your cell phone? Tomas asks her what he should have done, tell her not to touch his cell phone? That’s no way to treat the ladies. Lety accuses him of being flirtatious. Really, you are chasing all the women at Conceptos. Well, I’m successful at it so, you can’t blame me… L- you are not successful, it’s the car! You are such a fool you are messing with the worse women at Conceptos! T- You say that because of Alicia? Yes, her, but also that chick Jasmin. She’s a sponge, a husband stealer, she’s going with Lola’s husband caray! Tomas says well, just let them dream about me then, there’s nothing wrong with that. L- I don’t want everyone making fun of me because my boyfriend is so cavalier. She says at least be faithful to me in front of the office folk. Tomas agrees she’s in charge and he’ll be faithful to her….Novia Mia, novia mia……they walk arm and arm into the house.

Fer drives up and can’t believe his eyes, just what in the name of God is going on here? This is absurd! He gets out of his car and paces in front

Now we are inside, and Robopop tells Lety & Tomas they can’t just show up here with such an expensive car and not explain it. He accuses them of poorly managing Don Fernando’s money, and that they are abusing their positions. Lety fires back that’s not what’s happening, and she and Tomas try to explain, Robopop argues and drills them about the money, Lety loses her patience and just says her Papa will never understand so just forget it and she runs upstairs.

Julieta follows her wondering what’s wrong. Lety again denies anything and the phone rings. L tells her mom to answer and say she’s not home because she doesn’t want to talk to anyone. Of course it’s Fer and since he’s out front he knows she lying, and he angrily asks when she’s expected and Julieta explains she doesn’t know, would you like to leave a message? F- yes, tell her I called. Julieta tells this to Lety, and that she doesn’t like lying or denying her daughter’s wishes and wants to know what’s wrong. Lety says nothing, and not to worry.


Miraculously, because this is a telenovela, the psychic guy from church pulls up in a white car behind Fernando, gets out and stands arms crossed in front of Don Fer. Fernando is a little concerned and thinks the guy maybe wants him to move his car, and psychic guy (PG) says, no I’m interested in you. Fer goes on about just being parked and it’s not his fault and stuff and PG cuts him off and tells him there is something so forceful about you that I’m drawn to. Fer says buddy, you shouldn’t drink, or if you drink you shouldn’t drive, but PG says something happened to you as a child that defined your direction in life, you were confused and made a decision to become competive and fight to not give up something, ever. Fer assures him he’s wrong. PG - If I can see your soul, I’m not wrong; I see your soul, and it’s trapped. F- What? Where? Look around we are free, there’s plenty of fresh air… Breathe… PG – You are trying to maintain control of something material. I see a house, or maybe a big building, a factory or something. F- Conceptos? PG- Your need to be in control is causing you to make the wrong decisions and you are confused. F- No there’s no confusion, man. PG- You aren’t out here because you are trying to understand something that is troubling you? Your preoccupation has to do with a woman that is near here but she seems far way because she’s hiding from you. You want to care about her, but at the same time you don’t trust her or (not even a close relative of hers?). There’s either (love? something) or mistrust. F- No, it’s not that I don’t trust her. Then why are you out here spying on her? F – Because what you don’t know is that this woman has a friend and I’m afraid they are going to take my company. PG - Well why is this company consuming you. For this business you’ll give up all that is really important to you. Fern thinks to himself that’s true if I break off my engagement my parents will kill me and I can’t disappoint them, in this or the business. Fern denies, then finally admits that yes he put aside some feelings of love in favor of the company, and yes it’s something very tender and sweet, but it’s in conflict with the life I’ve always lead, my family, my business, my circumstances, and my whole future!! PG-You are so convinced that this is the right way to live your life? Well let me tell you, this is your first mistake. This mistake is what’s got you trapped.

Fe says no that’s crazy, you are a stranger, I don’t believe anything you say…why should I believe someone who just walks up to me on the street and claims to know things about my childhood. I’m not going to believe a stranger. There's was a reason that PG ran into Fer, how his voice was heard, ad it's not that strange. PG said coincidences don’t exist... I’m here to tell you to cleanse your soul and let go of this business so that you can find true love. I’m telling you, you will see me again because you will need me again one day and he walks away getting into car…
F- He’s loco!!!!! Don’t drink!!!! He calls Carvajal and tells him Lety denied him. He sees the parents walking the dog and gets more upset that Lety and Tomas are left alone up in the bedroom! And they turned off the lights in one room now all the lights are off!!

Fe argues with Omar the Imbecile but the call gets cut off.

Back in Lety's room Tomas is worried about Erasmo not letting them off the hook about the car business. He's also worried about what they should tell Fe. [Funny he wasn't worried about that when he was uder the spell of the Benz at the dealership.] Lety says she'll tell him the truth…what is he going to say? Well you’ll give that guy a heart attack!! Calm down, we’ll just see wait to see what he says. There is more about showing up in the car and making him jealous.


Lety exclaims that Fer did this to me because I’m ugly…..he doesn’t want to put himself in the hands of an ugly girl. T thinks maybe he’ll take away the car! They talk a little about their plan going forward that at least Lety should learn how to drive. She tells him he needs to buy some more elegant clothes, but I like multicolors.... [and being choked by a clown tie... :)]

Lety are you sure your not too full of disgust? There’s nothing worse than a women scorned; Lety says yes there is, an ugly woman scorned… [ouch!]T- ok, I’ll take your orders, you are my boss. T- What should we do with the car…we can’t leave it in the street? [I wondered about this, such an expensive car in her neighborhood] Should we put it here, no it would have to put out Erasmo’s car, and he’ll be mad. Lety asks if Tomas' garage is being used. He said not really, but it's full of stuff, sweetbread and junk and rats... L- yeah but there’s bad rats in the street too…T- Alright, I’ll clean mine and put it in there… L-Not a scratch…you watch the car! T-With my life!

Tomas leaves, he sweet talks the car and dances around it drunk in Benz love while Fer watches in disgust. T opens the top, plays with the windows…he blows a kiss to Lety and thanks her…the whole time not noticing the brooding Fer slumped in the hot Beamer two feet away....

Fer calls him an idiot, the epitome of imbecility, his brain is full of mooo, mushke……guano (birdsh**)!!!

Lety writes sap in her diary, she has to find the strength to get back at him, but when he looks at her, she’s still hurting and dying for him. She’s still weak and in pain, but everything she’s doing is to make him think she’s stealing the business even though that’s not really true. She has to be strong. Yep, he’ll cry inside and out, more than I ever did. He deserves this revenge and he deserves to be punished!!! Brava Lety!!!

Ok, here we go, get out your barf bags….Fe goes to Marcia’s she knows something up, he blames it on the office. She wants him to forget all that by talking about something pleasant and happy, like the wedding!!!! Fer’s just been stabbed in the chest…no, only if she knew!!!! She says, I know what it is, it’s not the business, but instead the wedding must be at the bottom of it all. She makes a heart with her arms and sticks her squirrely face in it!!! Yuk!!! You can take some time to get rid of your bags now. She says she realizes that a lot of things are still up in the air. Like where we are going to live. Fer flashes back to Lety telling him about hs parents gift. Marcia keeps going ….she said one of us has to start planning and preparing and of course it’s me…. she goes on and on about all the wedding tasks she going to start to do tomorrow. She notes something is still wrong, she says she’s stupid. Of course! You haven’t forgotten “her!” F- says what “her”? There is no “her”. Marica actually stays surprising pleasant!!! Very sweetly she says, surely you haven’t forgot about “her.” He tells Marcia he’s always with Marcia, thinking of Marcia; there’s no one else. She says she hopes he gets over it soon because the wedding isn't that far off and she can’t marry a guy who has someone else in his heart. Fer gets a blank look. [Women are so insightful aren’t they! But she's handing him his exit strategy.....]

Lety writes more self loathing…how could she have been so stupid to think he would fall for her. Their worlds are so different!! How did I get it so wrong. Oh well for now he will continue living the nightmare of having me by his side.


We flash to a nightmare, go figure. He dreams he’s looking at the car, it’s possessed! No it’s Lety and Tomas making out!!! Wow, he screams at Lety not to do this to him. He says Lety’s name as he wakes up. Marcia hears him and she asks him if he was dreaming about Lety?? No the office, and other things. Well, why? Is there a problem at the business? F-No, of course not, just the usual. M- Well it must have been a nightmare if you were saying Lety’s name!! He fondly says her name over and over to himself.


Next day Tomas sweet talks the car again ….and today’s celebrity guest….walks up in a short skirt to flirt with Tomas, but then disappears when Lety shows up. You all are learning the cure...just get a Benz!!! Tomas opens the passenger side, but Lety gets in the driver’s seat. He freaks out! What are you doing? She wants to learn to drive. He freaks out some more! She says we are sharing this car because it’s Filmo Imagen’s ...today my millionaire boyfriend lends me his car. Today Lety the Fea will be an elegant woman with many appointments! Tomas reluctantly proceeds to describe the process very nervously. Lety “drives” the swiggle mobile (alias Mercedes - apparently Ocampo doesn't want to pay the rights to use the image) back and forth, nearly hitting Ropopop, exclaiming for him to see that she is driving just like Papa showed her. He sees that and says it’s crazy.

Lety manages to drive Tomas to the store to get his new wardrobe. She is trying to navigate the parking lot, and panic beeps at another car pulling out. The [very cute] driver gets out of his car and wonders why she’s beeping at him, he mocks her saying what a beautiful car, the beauty is going out with her prince by her side and she’s going to buy the parking lot to learn how to drive. He says once you’ve bought it, call me, so I can show you the right way to drive!!! Bye Beautiful! L responds- Bye Ugly!!!!


T- See that! He called you beautiful!!! He’s in love with you!! He asked for your number!! With this car you can get anyone!! Come on girlfriend let’s go. Lety tells Tomas no he has to buy clothes at this mall by himself and she says goodbye. She’s going to take the car? He can’t believe she is going to leave him, what is he going to do? Just tell the salesman to choose something modern and elegant like he wore to Yuri’s.
He freaks out because he’s going to have bags of things and what is he going to do. The bags are going to fall all over the place if he can't put them in the car and this won't match his new polished image. She brought him into this world of sophistication and it’s changed his life. He doesn’t think the same way any more. He needs the car!!! Are you going to take it all day? He begins to worry that he won’t make his date with Alicia, but he doesn’t want to tell this to Lety. They argue about when she’s coming home. T- I have needs and I won’t be able to do this if you take the car..he makes up stuff about being worried about her in this city. She says she’s ugly but not blind. It’s not about being ugly, beside you look beautiful in this car. She has to go. They argue some more, he doesn’t like the micro…L- you are not going to change my mind…bye…..Tomas is a true Benz addict by now, [just like Alicia, fijate]. He complains…she resolves everything so easily…and if she keeps the car all day? What am I going to do about Alicia? Well I’ll get her somehow he says pushing a shopping cart.

Back at Conceptos…Jasmin and Cheque are arguing in the car. Jasmin doesn’t want Lola to stay in that house. J-You have to sell it and keep half the money. Cheque is actually on Lola’s side[sort of], he says he’s not going to take it away from her because that is taking it way from his children and he can’t do that. Jasmin whines that she thought he was going to buy her a car or an apartment for them to live in with all that money and this isn't what she thought they agreed on…but I’m not selling Lola’s house to buy you a car…guilt trip time…. Cheque pines that he lives, breathes, and works for Jasmin but he needs to stay good to his children. Jasmin exits mad.
Uh oh, Sara sees him!!! Look out, here comes roller derby chick!!! He quickly drives off.. now a taxi pulls up. Sara and the others take the opportunity to tease Alicia for showing up in the taxi instead of her Benz. Alicia clearly doesn’t want to pay the driver the whole fare and they are arguing. He parks and says he’s not moving until she pays him. Just then Lety pulls up in the swiggle mobile and beeps at Celso to have the taxi guy move so she can park…..what will happen next?????

We’ll have to wait and see!!! I’m thinking if you spend a million pesos on a car you should be able to push a button and just plow right over that taxi!!!!!!

Labels:


Comments:
HI ALL:

I JUST LOVE THE RECAPS. WHILE I AM SOMETIMES SURPRISED AT HOW MUCH SPANISH I UNDERSTAND, I DO HAVE TO CONCENTRATE. THAT'S WHY I LOOK SO FORWARD TO THE RECAPS TO CLEAR UP SOMETHING I MAY HAVE MISSED.

I HAD SEEN JAIME IN OTHER NOVELAS. WHILE I LIKED HIM, IN THIS NOVELA HE IS SUPERB...!!!

I JUST LOVE HIS EXPRESSIVE EYES, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE IS THINKING LOVINGLY OF LETY. HE IS SO CONVINCING. I HAVE TO PINCH MYSELF IN TO NOT THINKING THAT HE AND ANGELICA ARE IN LOVE IN REAL LIFE.

EVEN IN HER PLAINESS, THEY MAKE A GREAT COUPLE.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK.....

ANN
 

I loved this episode. It's wonderful how Lety is feeling her strength. Fernando is just floundering, I've known guys like that (though not as handsome). His scenes with Marcia are fascinating.
 

I love the psychic guy and the way he shows up and tells Lety or Fernando what they need to know. Too bad we all can't have one!
 

I agree with all about Fernando/Jaime. Though I don't usually get crushes on stars, Jaime is an exception. His looks, eyes, expressions. Yikes! Why hasn't Hollywood latched on to this guy? He is major star material!

How long do you think Fernando can keep putting Marcia off? She is pretty insistent. I loved him going to bed with his clothes on.

I think Fernando will have to lose everything and hit rock bottom before he realizes what is really important, i.e. Lety. He has just started his "dark night of the soul" that is so transformative.

Glad to know I'm not the only one hooked on this, my first, telenovela.

A huge thank you to everyone for the recaps. It makes my day.


Connie
 

Thanks for translating the psychic scene. I was wondering what he told Fern. It's so true that sometimes we set are hearts on the very things that are bad for us in the end. Though I love Lety feeling her strength, it is sad that the focus is on Fern's destruction.

Sometimes when watching the scenes playing out now between Fern and Lety, I feel like I am watching children. Funny how we never leave our childhood far behind. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the episode.
 

Muchas gracias for the psychic translation especially. Even though I'm studying Spanish now and usually do pretty good with close-caption, I didnt understand a thing he said. Was he speaking a different kind of Spanish or what? I wish they would have more Fern and less Tomas - he's dancing on my last good nerve.
 

Dear fellow telenovela lovers -
Don't forget to watch on Friday night for the awards for telenovela
s. In the ad for it, it shows quite a few of our wonderful friends from "Alborada".Hurray, I hope they win all the prizes.
Friday night at 10:00, on the same channel where we watch La Fea.
 

swiggle mobile...ha, ha. good one!
 

Great job K! I think you're right about the producers not wanting to pay to show the logo; I guess there's probably no fee required to say "Mercedes" though.
 

Señor Flores was speaking regular Spanish, but I think he was using a lot of subjunctive or imperfect or conditional verbs (I can barely remember which is which), which can be tricky even if you've been practicing Spanish for a while.
 

Hey Gang,

Am I the only one who thinks it creepy that Fern and Marcia are together at all? Its like marrying your sister. I mean she kind of is his sister - just not by blood. How do they decide to stop living in the same house with "Mom and Dad" and start sleeping togther - Yuk!

Thanks for the recapps,
Rhonda
 

I'm beginning to wonder if Marcia is just "in love" with the idea of marriage with all the excitment and glamour? Does she really love Fernando or just the idea of being married to him?
How would Omar do as a stand-in just in case? They do make a cute wedding topper couple.
 

Yeah I think that's a little creepy too. Even Omar said something like "so he's like your brother" when she told him their life story.

Marcia is so emotionally invested in the idea of marrying Fern that she doesn't see the reality that's under her nose.

I still think that Omar is not the man for Marcia, given that he's maybe even worse reliable than Fern in terms of infidelity. Plus the fact that he's been covering for Fern's lies for so many years. Why would she trust him?

But many people disagree, and I have to admit they have a lot in common. I just think it's way too easy of a solution for both of them. :)
 

Please Please wheres the recap for 11/09/06? Any way, I think Maria will end up with Aldo, only because he needs someone to care for and she is real needy. Alicia should end yp with Ariel, since he is such a pretentious dog, like her. Thomas, maybe Lola? Sarita? Juana? I hope Jazmine ends up with Cheque, because, they deserve each other. Have I missed antone? O yeah, Fern & Lety, I am a romantic, hope they find thier way to each other.
 

Hey, thanks for the spoilers, really.
 

We don't have Aldo in the US at all yet, do we? Only in Mexico so far, no? I know he'll be coming because he's my absolute favorite actor, but I didn't miss some brief appearance by him somewhere along the way already, did I? That would be a tragedy for me!!!! Yum to him!!!
 

He hasn't been in it yet, which is why I warned about spoilers.
 

Eh, I read through this,plus I saw this happened before so I wanted to say just a note that I, for one, and I'd bet others, wouldn't even realize what things meant if someone doesn't bring spoiler attention to us by bringing that up after a possibly infringing comment. Unless the person's comment contains like an obvious detailed description of what happens in the next show or shortly upcoming episodes, if I don't know what's coming, I'm just clueless and curious if someone mentions something or someone that I hadn't heard of or didn't know was coming. I'm teased, and my appetite for the show is actually whetter because I look forward to figuring out what could have been referred to. So, just a caution to you whistleblowers out there that the person saying something is a spoiler may do more harm by drawing attention to potential "spoilers" just by mentioning that they are such, than the person that makes the comment. If you just blow it off most people won't even realize it was there as anything. Think about it, after all, only someone who knows what happens in the future, knows it's a spoiler!!! Just keep that in mind for the rest of us. Thanks and keep up the good recap work everyone!
 

The 2010 discussion for Capitulos 141 & 142 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder