Monday, February 12, 2007

Acorralada #19 Thursday 2/8 In which somebody gets a wakeup call--and Octavia has the day off

Sorry this is posted so late. But from now on, I think I have found my ritmo! I thought this episode was not as funny as the others, but there is one key dramatic scene. . .

Lala is telling Diana to forget Max. But Diana says it’s impossible. Lala says look for good qualities you see in other men. Marry my son Diego . . . What’s wrong? He loves you so much. But I don’t love him. But loves comes little by little, with patience. Diego will conquer your heart. And there’s a barrier between you and Max. Think about it.

Larry is kissing Gaby. Why did you kiss me? Gaby, you love me, right? I need a woman who will show true love, a woman who will show me how to forget Pilar.
But you have never looked at me, never looked me in the eye. Your eyes are beautiful, pity they are always hidden behind those glasses. Don’t cover your eyes, Gab. Get out of here senor, please, it’s not right that you kissed me.
Gaby if you give me the peace and the love I need, you will fill the space left by Pilar. But I am a simple servant. You conquer all the other women. But they are all cold. They don’t value love, you are different.

Max tells D/M that he is going to the factory. No, stay with me. Octavia would be happy if you did that. But I don’t know how to treat you. You must do the therapy with Diana.

Camila goes to an office where Andre is. They are talking about the Diana situation. He offers to help her get rid of the nurse. I will give you and Max’s wife a way to get this woman out of your lives. You only have to get me the money to see them

Diana is working on M/D’s leg. M/D kicks Diana and says she is too rough. Diana says she must give the therapy energetically. M/D says, I’m not interested in your explanations . Diana leaves.

Cut to the little house. Nurse Isabel is sweeping around the bed of sleeping Marfil. You’ve been sleeping so long. You married a millionaire, but you look like a statue. Money doesn’t give happiness. Then there’s your twin sister, as pretty as you. While she is talking with her back to Marfil, you see Marfil open her eyes suddenly. Nurse doesn’t see. Folks, there is only one way to describe this—it’s the same way the zombies jerk themselves awake in “Night of the Living Dead." Isabel continues sweeping, oblivious to the drama behind her.

Camila says she has no money, tell me now and I’ll pay you later. No, doll, I’m not doing that. You are a lion with big sharp claws. Pay me and Ill give you the complete film. The secret that will get the nurse fired and out of Max’s life. When he knows who she really is . . . Okay I will get money. He says $20,000. She says too much. He says $20,000 or no secret.

Granny DS: Cries to Diana that she isn’t around much any more since she has been taking care of Marfil. Diana apologizes but says she has to take care of Marfil. Dona Santa insists that Marfil can walk—that she saw it herself. No one believes me because they think I’m crazy. Diana leaves room. Granny DS talks to her doll: I have seen it--she can walk.

Isabel is still sweeping. I wouldn’t give my poverty for your state. I prefer to be poor and healthy than lying in a bed like this. Marfil shouts: Who are you. Oh my god. You woke up.

Larry is still splayed on bed, Same position but different outfit. Aunt Yolanda at door.. How are you? Filler dialogue. I am an idiot, auntie. I swear. I loved a woman who didn’t love me., She was cheating on me with another, they were laughing at me all the time. Don’t torment yourself. Forget it. It’s easy to say, but what do I do? You need another girl by your side who supports you. Find another girl. Exit auntie. The camera always seems to unnecessarily follow auntie's exits and entrances, which serves to accentuate their filler nature.
Larry thought bubbles: Can Gaby be the one to help me forget? Camera pulls back. Larry reclining in Calvin Klein underwear pose again.

Diana is complaining to Max. Your wife is not applying herself to the therapy. Why is she acting this way? I think she realizes your intentions, Diana opines astutely.

Camila pops in. Looking for Marfil in her room. Marfil is in room complaining that she is trapped inside. Hears knock on door and has to get in position at walker quickly. Who’s there? Camila says don’t worry, our alliance against the nurse is going to bear fruit.

Back to Real Marfil. Why can’t I move. Where is my husband. I remember the party. I fell in the pool. Where is my husband? What place is this. Who are you? Whose bedroom is this?
I am a nurse. They took away my license because of malpractice, but Bruna and another woman are paying me to take care of you. You have been sleeping two years with a cerebral contusion. Two years sleeping? Who is this other woman? One who is equal to you. Your twin sister. Real Marfil is impactada.

Camila is telling M/D that as soon as they get the money they can get the secret to get rid of Diana forever. There’s a chauffeur, Andres. Who? Where did you meet him? Marfil, it doesn’t matter, this guy is the one who has what we need to take down the nurse. He knows a dark secret that will serve to get her out of here and for Max to despise her. How does the chauffeur know? He’s a cretin and won’t tell us unless he gets $20,000. Where are we going to get that? I can’t ask Max. We can’t justify such a big cost, but only if we pay it, he will tell us the big secret. It seems D/M realizes it’s her ex. But she will stick with the unholy alliance.

Gaby is in the kitchen with a big cabbage. Here comes Larry. Maybe he finally wants to eat. No. He has other things on his mind. You love me, right. Would you marry me? What?

Back to Real Marfil. I need to speak to Bruna and my husband. Why have they left me here in your care? I need answers. Is it true I have been here two years unconscious?
Why I am hidden here? Just a minute. It’s true they took my nursing license, but it’s not me who hid you here. I want to see my family. Max, get me out of here. Quiet, the neighbors will think I am doing something bad.
Max! Bruna! No, little girl, you are having an attack of nerves. Real Marfil keeps shouting for Max. Stop shouting, you crazy one. You want the police to come? Brandishes a large needle. Puts it into Real Marfil’s IV tube. With this you will sleep until Bruna comes. No, don’t inject me. Stop shouting, you crazy ingrate. She gives the medicine.

D/M says that $20,000 is impossible, but Camila insists it’s the only way. Enter Bruno. She says Max just came back, and he’s in the library with the nurse. D/M says, Hurry Camila—helps me down the stairs. We must keep them from spending any time together.

Diana is saying how Marfil has changed radically. She used to treat me well. Don’at feel bad. She has always suffered from mood swings. It is something more than that. She hates me. We must be apart. But that should not be. We are condemned to love each other and be separated always. Cue sappy music. Cue sappy looks from the Drip. I can’t come between you and your wife. Suelteme. Don’t touch me. Max begs: Just give me one kiss to remember. Leans in slowly for kiss.

Someone’s in the kitchen with Larry. Oh, yes, it’s Gaby. Larry is still begging her to marry him. Boy, the men on this show really are quick with the marriage proposals. She calls him crazy. I must try to forget Pilar with you. (There’s a proposal that will get to a girl’s heart.) Gaby tells him she cannot marry him because he doesn’t love her. He says he will come to love her more than Pilar. No. Your mother will never accept me, as I’m a simply servant. Larry insists mother has no right to give her opinion.

Back at bar. Gaviota is sewing a costume. Lorenzo brings an empty coffee cup. She tilts it to her lips and pretends to drink. Amazingly, none of her exceedingly bright red lipstick ends up on the cup. Lorenzo says she doesn’t want to come out all day. She says she spent many years in a cell even smaller. He says they have done a lot of damage to her. The worst, she says, is that they took her children. She must avenge herself on the Irazabals. Lorenzo says the children can be living. She must look for them. Who knows where Octavia took them with the help of her accomplices, but I don’t believe that this woman is so despicable as to kill innocents. I believe you will find them. I want to find them. This is the big objective of my life.

Diana is trying to push Max away. Please give me a kiss. You love me –I can see it in your eyes. I see in your lips that you want to ask for my kisses. (This is so sappy, it’s like a bad romance novel.) She says it’s a horrible sin. He says that it’s a sin of love. They kiss. Of course, just then Camila and D/M walk in. Didn’t they lock the door? No, they never do that on this show.

Larry tells Gaby she doesn’t have to answer today, but tomorrow is okay. Go home and think about it. Take the rest of the day off. But what about Octavia? If Mom says something, I’ll tell her what happened. Please give me an answer tomorrow. And please be positive, I need you.

On the beach, Pancho is fresh off his own spontaneous marriage proposal, so of course the appropriate action is to put the moves on Paola. She says it’s dangerous for me to be with you. You have that savage beast of a girl friend. You’re macho. You like having two women fight over you. They start kissing. He is lying on top of her on the beach. Cue the reggaeton.

D/M asks why are you kissing this zorra (slut)? Camila chimes in. Max says shut up, Camila—since when are you on Marfil’s side. Well, I’m her friend, and this looks like a dirty trick. D/M says that yes, Camila and I can be friends. You must get this slug out of the house now. Camila and Diana go out. D/M traps Max with her walker.

Outside the room, Camila pulls Diana’s hair. You are a husband stealer. You pretend to be very modest, but in reality you are a cualquiera (another word for floozy). Hey, wasn't Camila stealing Max herself? Whatever. Just then Bruno comes down the stairs. What’s going on? Camila says Diana was kissing Max. Let’s get her out of the house. They drag her out and throw her on the ground. Then they say get up. Diana is crying. Gaby comes out dressed to go home. What happened. Please take me home. Senora Marfil saw us kissing.

Bruno, gloating, brushes her hands together as if to get rid of the imaginary dust of Diana. She gone for good. Camila says I don’t think it’s for good, but at least for the moment. Yolanda comes down stairs. What happened? Marfil found Max kissing the nurse. Now Larry comes in too. Bruno and I throw her out in the street.

Back in the bedroom, D/M is asking Max why he’s cheating on her with the nurse.
Please Marfil, lower your voice. We'll fix our own problems without bringing in the whole family. No, too late. Here come the other four. Yolanda asks, Max, is it true you were kissing Diana? Of course it’s true, Camila says. Max tells Camila to get out. You have no reason to be here. Throw her out, Larry. Larry picks her up and carries her out of the room. There’s a lot of assault and battery in this episode.
Max tells Bruno to disappear also.
Alone again, D/M complains that he is betraying her. He says that when she stops carrying on like a hysteric they can talk. D/M falls down!

More kissing on beach. Pancho says no one’s home at his place and they should go home and make mischief. Paola says you really believe that I want to sleep with you when I just met you? You gave me kisses. That’s different. I see you really like to play with the men. You’re just fooling around. She says kissing mean nothing. You have a girlfriend who’s so jealous. You are not serious. Back on the offensive defensive, Pancho rejoinders you’re stupid, do you think I would go with a society girl. That would be the height of stupidity. A girl who kisses the first person who comes along. You don’t interest me. She says—you were just dying of hunger, and now nothing? It’s the truth, because you are not the type I can take seriously. I would be crazy to change my Caramelo for you. He storms away. She says, that bland girl doesn’t even come up to my ankles. (I guess that’s the same as she can’t fill my shoes or something.)

Back at the little house, Real Marfil still frantic. Isabel calls Bruno at the mansion, and Bruno picks up the phone, naturally. You must come right away. Marfil woke up. Bruno is impactada. Larry and Yolanda look confused.

Max is giving smelling salts to D/M. She threatens to kill herself if he keeps the nurse around. He promises not to and gives her a nice brotherly kiss on the head. Max looks anguished, and D/M gives another one of her sly looks that she does when no one can see her face.

Bruno says to the phone that she will come right away. Who was that, asks Larry. An old friend. Since when do the servants use the telephone in the house for personal calls. Bruno apologizes. It won’t happen again, permiso.

D/M still crying about Diana. Bruno comes in. She says the nurse is gone, I have personally done it. D/M says swear that she won’t come back. Swear or I’ll die. Okay, I swear. Diana will not come back in this houue Thank you my love. Max looks upset. But leaves.

Diana and Gaby are talking to Granny. They found us kissing. Oh, you shouldn’t have done that. (Wait till she hears about Larry’s proposal.) Gaby says Diana can never return to the Irazabal mansion. (Didn’t that just happen last week? That’s when she got the one-day job with the Grabass family. She’s like Candide. Where will she work next?)

Back in the bedroom, D/M is crowing to Bruno about her Academy Award level performance. “Hollywood lost out on me, because that was one of the best performances of all time.” Max was very much impressed with my tears. Bruno cuts short the kudos: Listen, there’s something you must know. It’s your twin—she returned to life. Impactada.

Granny tells Diana she will prepare un tilo to calm her nerves. Knock at door. It’s Max. Tells Diana he knows she can’t come back to the mansion, but if she says the word, he’ll divorce Marfil. What a guy. Just then Diego walks in. Diana says, no, forget me. But I love you with all my heart. Diego says leave her alone. What right do you have? Diana says he has all the right in the world—because he is my boyfriend!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Nina. One of these days I've really got to remember to tape this show and watch it!
 

Ha ha, "Grabass family", I love it!

OK, so we have Max on one hand, Diego on the other hand, and other than Max being rich why would any sane woman choose him over that hottie Diego? Not to mention Max seems to be a bit of a stalker. Oh, and he's married to a frightening witch? Sheesh, wake up Diana!!

Thanks Nina!
 

Yes, I agree. I think that it's like Bad Jane Eyre Theatre.
 

Bad Jane Eyre theatre... I hope someone from Saturday Night Live is reading this. That's a great idea for a skit.
 

Hey it’s better than never! I cannot believe Larry! Thanks for the recap! =)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder