Tuesday, February 13, 2007

La Fea Más Bella #208-209 2/12/07 in which one of those darn boxes finally gets opened.

The story proceeds no faster than real time over this special two-hour episode - when it concludes, it's only a bit after lunch. Sorry, tomorrow everybody will still be wearing the same clothes.

PM is steamed because Alicia is very reluctant to vacate the high-prestige desk of the presidency. They fight over the phone, then the oxy sprays disinfectant/insecticide (she says it kills cockroaches etc) all over Sara. Squabble, squabble.

Simon totes those boxes around some more (one box becomes, finally, important at last, see below).

Sara draws a chalk line on the floor to separate her office space from Alicia's new low-prestige desk. More squabbling.

Aldo finally gets a chance to see Lety and, his face about three inches from hers, tells her Conceptos has 2 million dollars to play with. He leans in for a kiss (maybe), she flinches.

Tomas arrives - it's time for lunch - Lety introduces him to Aldo. Tomas doesn't like Aldo because he said he likes "curvy pears," which Tomas understands to mean Alicia.

Alicia has announced "Aldo looks at me like he wants me" without realizing he's an equal opportunity guy who gazes at everybody with the identical look; it can be interpreted either as (1) flirting or (2) an appreciation of that particular soul's inner beauty.

Tomas says he made lunch reservations for only two. Just then Caro calls and Aldo, realizing he's not getting an invite from Tomas to join them, accepts Caro's invitation. I guess Caro's ready for another earful about the "Taste of Life."

Lety is mad at Tomas for refusing Aldo a seat at their lunch table. Tomas says he's missing Julieta's food like crazy, couldn't she work at Conceptos and be Vice President of Comestibles? The clients would like it.

After PM manages to wrest the phone out of Alicia's deathgrip, she places a call to Caro, at lunch with Aldo (who is bending her ear about the expensive construction of his new restaurant). She asks Caro to come on board and help with the Gastronomic Tourism exposition they're planning.

Tomas says: "Lety, if you'd take Aldo as your boyfriend, you'd solve your own problem and stop sighing over Fern, and you'd solve my problem, which is that my beloved Oxy has set her cap for Aldo." "It's not that easy, despite my efforts I still love Fern." "Are you going to spend your life wretched, in love with a man who betrayed you? Go with Aldo, you'll be happy and you'll clear my way with Alicia. It's not just self-interest, you're my only friend, I want you to be happy."

Lety: "We kissed, twice; the second time, it was I who kissed him!" ("How did two rich sexy guys fall in love with a, uh, with a woman like you?" whispers Tomas.) "I did it because I was trying to forget Don Fernie, I thought I wouldn't see him again, I let myself have a tender, ephemeral romance. But then I saw Fern again - I shouldn't believe him - I should keep my distance... but I sensed he was looking at me with love - and he told me he loved me..." "I hope you sent him to the devil (blew him off)." "Yes, but I remembered the past - and he said he loved me from the depths of his soul..."

Cut to Fern and Omar at Le Noir. Fern opens his wallet and sees a well-worn mash note from Lety tucked in there; he is muy impactado.

Simon and PM are miffed with each other so he takes the opportunity to enjoy Jazmin's flirting (her awful fake boobs look like tennis balls under her skin).

Erasmo grumps to Julieta about her visiting Conceptos when she should have been home cooking his lunch. He hasn't heard anything about Aldo yet, she realizes. He grumps that he doesn't want Lety distracted by guys.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Aldo asks that the car stop so he can get some fresh air. Caro (dressed in some faux-Japanese style with sticks stuck in her hairdo) gets out too. He tells her Conceptos is an adventure, and everybody there is enchanting in his/her own way, even Alicia. "Oh, not Alicia," wails Caro, "she's awful and will do anything to snag a sucker like you." Then he wonders if Lety sees him only as a brother. Caro encourages him, saying Lety painted her room like the sea to remind herself of Aldo.

Alicia is on the phone trying to convince her dad to pick her up from work every day - she says she'll go halfsies on the gas money but he doesn't believe her.

She sees Tomas and tells her dad: "Oh, I see the cause of my woe right here in front of me - he's an animal, an insect, a social climber, a cross between a scorpion and a cockroach, a bacterium." "Hola," ventures Tomas. "Dad, you just heard it, the voice of a bacterium." "Don't talk to me, don't breathe!" she instructs Tomas. She slaps him. He mildly suggests all the guilt is not on his side. "I wasn't mocking you, Alicia, it was all terribly important to me, but all you cared about was the money ... things turned a bit materialistic." She has tears in her eyes moaning over her car. "The lawyers destroyed me." "It wasn't I who had a lien put on your car, Alicia; you would have lost it anyway." She says she would have squeezed everybody ELSE she knew much harder, but she thought Tomas would come through - he let her down at the last minute. He apologizes. She doesn't accept.

Deflated, Tomas goes down to reception where he is instantly reinflated by Jazmin's attentions (Jazmin is remembering the divine car he used to drive). Lety arrives to take him car-shopping. He muses that, paradoxically, while Jazmin drools over him downstairs, upstairs Alicia thinks he's her worst enemy.

Lety realizes she forgot the directions and, going back for them, encounters Sara and Alicia locked in mortal combat between their desks. She says if this is fighting, she'll have to report them. They say all is well.

Tomas says: "You say you want to forget Fern, but you let him stay and you gave him an office." They discuss the sweetie-pie cards in the black plastic bag. "Lety, why didn't you throw them away?" "They were my life - they were sacred. I gave them to him to see what he'd do with them." Tomas thinks Fern is jealous of Aldo, Lety pish-tushes.

Fern and Omar are also discussing the trash bag. "I couldn't bear to see those cards in the trash. They hold precious memories. At first they were lies, but they became true." Omar: "What really pains me is that this great literature of love ended up in the trash! My unique, irreplaceable writings, very effective you must admit! - worst of all is that this magnificent poetry must remain hidden." "Seriously, I can't bear to lose her."

Marcia hauls Alicia into her office. [Editor's note: isn't it odd that each, Marcia and Fern, has a confidante he/she appears to loathe?] She's brooding about a possible return of the Lety/Fern nightmare. Rehash.

Alicia says she likes Aldo so much, she'd like him even if he were poor. "You know perfectly well you're only saying that because you know he ISN'T poor." [Although Aldo has just informed Caro that "Taste of Life" is causing him a fortune to build so perhaps he won't be quite so rich soon.] "Well, I think Lety wants to humiliate you, get Fern back, and steal your business away from you."

Stung, Marcia calls Fern and it seems he is more repelled by this call than all the previous calls combined. She asks in a cooing soft little voice: "Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with? When are you coming back?" He answers frostily and impatiently - he's at the bank with Omar, why do you want to know? etc. He slams the phone shut and asks Omar: "Why does she believe me when I'm lying and disbelieve me when I'm telling the truth?" Simultaneously Marcia tells Alicia she can't tolerate any more - she'll quit, pack up, and leave. Alicia: "No! Then I'd have to leave too - you can't leave me here with the witches"

While Lety sits alone somewhere writing happily in her diary about Aldo and how kind he's been to her, and how he made her feel beautiful and important even from the first moment they met, a very different situation is unfolding back at Conceptos. Those boxes Simon has been toting around turn out to be Omar's records, and when Lopez orders the cuartel to sort them out, Sara finds the infamous letter from Omar to Fern, which Lety bound into his prospectus for the Big Meeting. "This is the gossip of the century," gloats Martha. They fight over the letter but take it to the bathroom and read the whole thing and figure out the whole sordid plot.

Labels:


Comments:
Congrats for the quick recap and of two hours no less! Thank heavens the cuartel is in the know finally! I wonder what goodies this will bring us. Maybe things will pick up on the show now!
 

Thanks for the fast recap. It shows that even though there were two hours of nothing, it took less space to sum up the whole two hours ROTF. This is frustrating that they wear the same clothes all the time. I would think that since we have three months which is the same length of time lety has to improve the company, that each show would be a different day, which would total three months. don't understand this, unless this soap is going to be like the amercian soaps and be ongoing, with no end.
 

Since this show was taped last October in Mexico, was Carolina dressed up for Halloween!!!
 

Thanks for the supersonic recap!
Do you think this 2 hour showing was a one-time thing? I wish we could get caught up with Mexico episodes so that we all would get the ending at the same time.

I find that I have trouble understanding Lety's pronunciation--sounds like she doesn't enunciate very well, kind of running her words together. Does anyone else notice that? Could it be because of her braces? Trying to get your lips around those things might alter the way she has to talk. Just wondering if I'm having trouble keeping up with her or if she really is not enunciating all the words.
Barb
 

Here is a NON SPOILER youtube of Angelica Vale and Jaime Camil on the show Cristina. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2_ea_4Ffd0 There are no La Fea videos on the side bars to give anything away.

I think all you Jaime fans will love this. Jaime has the scruffy-Aldo look going on. Might give you a good idea of what he would have looked like if he had been cast in the Aldo role. Personally, I don't like the scruffy look on him as much as I like it on Juan Soler. Angelica looks divine. The make up people on La Fea have to work really hard to ugly-up Angelica.
 

OOOOppppsss...on the youtube post...there are some la fea videos on the side bars...just don't scroll down that side bar and you'll be safe.
 

Anonymous 9:41, thanks for the tip! I loved this clip - until the song at the end which is awful and out of tune. I loved seeing scruffy Fern though I have to say I like his hair better when it's slicked back.
 

I would like to a little more of the conversation the cuartel was having after they read the infamous letter. Can someone fill me in. Thanks
 

Trust me it was nothing interesting. "Ohh, you mean (rehash things we know already) ..."
 

Cuartel reading the letter - they were horrified and confused. The main thing was that they were concerned that Lety was cheating on two boyfriends - Fern and Tomas.

The letter Fern found in his wallet - it wasn't from Lety - it was a note he had written to himself on a napkin at a bar the night of the Big Meeting. "Lety, only God knows how much I love you," or something like that. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if Lety EVER wrote him a card, letter, or anything. She did give him a poem once, but it was a poem written by someone else (Delmira Augustini - I got her name wrong in the recap), and she did it on the computer, so it wasn't even handwritten.
 

Interesting about the note - it was in the exact same handwriting they showed us when she was writing in her diary and no guy in the world has handwriting like that - oh well - I should not have jumped to conclusions. Thanks, Julie...
 

Well, maybe she did write him a note on a napkin a long time ago and I missed the episode, and then when he wrote the note on the napkin he was remembering her note.

It does seem pretty screwy that Lety and Fern would have similar handwriting, though. Because as it is, Marcia can't tell Omar's and Fern's handwriting apart.

What an amazing coincidence that all three of them have the same handwriting.
 

What's more likely is, they have a (female) flunkie in the back room and they tell her, "write these things on napkins," because nobody really cares.
 

Are the commercials coming more frequently or is it my imagination?
It seems you watch a little and then they cut away.
One thing I did enjoy last night was seeing Lety admit she loves Fern.
He loves her and she him so now if only they can have at least brief moments of getting together? Probably not.
Aldo would make me really uncomfortable with his 3 inch from your face conversations. I would have to keep backing away.
I remembered when Fern wrote that note to Lety. I think it was in a nightclub?
Although the show can drag, I'm not anxious to reach the end. I've enjoyed this adventure too much.
I love the characters with all their quirks.
The recaps with everyone's different opinions have been great!

Carrie L.
 

Time keeps on slippin slippin slippin into the future...Well not in this alternate Physics defying Universe...Please Gawd if I ever have a ground hog day like this...please don't let me be dressed in Paul Revere's ole hand-me-downs...Let me be dressed in something smokin hawt.
 

Thanks for the tip about youtube but I couldn't find it typing in the address as given. Is there a simpler way to find it...I would love to see the clip. thanks, Judy
 

Melinama, thanks so much for the rapid recap, it was great! I am so impressed!

I never would have thought of the plot twist of the cuartel finding the letter. (That's why I'm not writing for this show, obviously. Among other reasons). They really are misinterpreting what the letter means, because they are so busy looking for something in it that isn't there (Lety has told them she had to leave because of something very, very wrong, and they are misinterpreting. If they take their time and really look at what's in that letter, they will see that Fern and Omar used her). That's my 2 cents' worth.

Most of this was an annoying two hours, but the cuartel finding the letter spiced it up. Also, I was impressed that PM can actually sound and look professional for a few seconds when she gets someone on the phone for her boss (when she got Caro). I would never have expected that.

Jeanne
 

Aldo is a close talker, and that is really annoying. Then you add on his constant pontificating and that pretty much sums up why I don't care for him. (Oh yeah, and he's not Fernand).

Lety's outfit does look like something that Paul Revere would have worn and it does seem like we are going to be looking at it for quite some time.

The note that Fer brought out was indeed the message he wrote on the napkin. It was in all caps and if I can recall correctly they actually showed him writing it in the bar way back. I didn't think that Lety's handwriting in the diary was similar to Fer's. She wrote in a combination of caps and lower case. I noticed this because it really bugs me when people write this way--It wOuLd be LIke tHiS aNd iT reALLY driVes me CrAZy.

So, do we think that things are going to start happening now that the cuartel knows about the letter and has some idea of what transpired before the big junta.
 

Judy--try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2_ea_4Ffd0

That should get you to the Angelica Vale/Jaime Camil Cristina show.
 

to anon that typed: "couldn't find it typing in the address as given. Is there a simpler way" The way I get stuff I don't want to retype is the same way I got your quote above - just hold the left mouse clicker down across what you want to not bother to type - it highlights then CTRL c to copy what you highlighted then 'cut and paste' to where you want it such as into this comment area CTRL v -- I did the same thing with youtube (see below) and just put it in the OPEN area of FILE with the internet running and brought it up -- it works fine - I just now finished watching it - The night it was on I went right past Christina (I always glance in because she might have RBD on or FC or Lucero) and missed it on tv - I didn't recognize either of them!!! When you typed it you must have put the letter O for the number 0 or some other 'typo' -- just be careful of what you see on youtube because there are spoiler clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2_ea_4Ffd0
 

Thanks Anon 12:53--I was trying to think of a way to describe the copy, cut and paste. I'm not feeling well today so my mind is rebelling on doing anything it perceives as hard. LOL.
 

to anon that typed: "I'm not feeling well today so my mind is rebelling on doing anything it perceives as hard. LOL." (<=all us lfmb fans are gigglers - we even giggle when we feel crummy.) According to Mr. Cousins you are already fixing not-feeling-well by LOL. At any search engine type: Cousins Laughing -- and you'll see many references to his book and its usefulness. Here's a short quote from one of the URLs:
Cousins' Comedy "Cure"
It was Anatomy of an Illness, the 1979 memoir by late magazine editor Norman Cousins, that put a potential humor/health connection on the mainstream map. Cousins described how he recovered from a usually irreversible and crippling connective tissue disease with a regimen that -- among other therapies -- included laughing at Marx Brothers movies.
 

Thanks Anon 1:48. Maybe my cure is reading Caray! Caray!
 

Thanks for trying to help me dear friends. Alas, I don't even know how to "cut and paste" so while I was able to highlight and then find the "Ctrl" tab on the keyboard (who knew?) I got stuck after that.
And I swear I typed in the address correctly but they kept telling me no such site found. And when I type in Cristina Youtube I just get the various singers with that name. Sure appreciate you trying to help though...that's what I love about this site. Judy
 

Judy: Hold down the CTRL key and press C. That copies the text. Then put the cursor in the browser and instead of typing the address, hold down the CTRL key again and press V.

OR, forget about the CTRL key and try this: highlight the text and click the right mouse button. A pop-up menu appears. Choose Copy. Now put the cursor wherever you want to put the text, right-click again, and choose Paste.

If you have a Mac, you use the Command (Apple) key instead of the CTRL key, but it works the same way.

'cmon... you gotta learn copy and and paste. It was the whole reason I ever wanted to use a computer in the first place. I couldn't imagine (at first) why I would ever want to "save a file," but I sure knew it would be handy to be able to move text around without retyping it.
 

Two hours of my life lost - what a waste. I can not believe that Omar and/or Fern could have been so incredibly stupid as to leave that damn letter around. Apparently among other things Conceptos doesn't have a shredder.

Aldo's in your face way of talking is very European. We American's are a little more fussy about our private space and I would be backing away from him all the time. Now in adition to his annoying pontificating it seems that the man is a bit dim. The Cuartel charming? Oh puleeze - but then again they spend all their time fawning over him and he laps it up like a dog.

No big surprise that Julieta thinks it would be great for Lety to be with Aldo and Erasmo thinks she has no time for guys. No matter how it goes Erasmo is going to lose his little girl and it will be tough on him.

Poor Nora Salinas what on earth did she ever do the costume staff. First she is dressed as a farmgirl, now as a contestant in the Miss Japan contest. And on top of it she gets a date with the most boring man in the universe who now realizes he may have made a mistake in making Lety think they were like brothers and sisters.

Tomas - what a one track mind - food and Oxi and he seems willing to use his best friend to get both.

And what was with the new car. As I recall Lety said in one of the Junta meetings that Conceptos couldn't afford for her to have cars and a cell. I guess the infusion of the 2M gives her a shot at wheels.
 

Dear Julie and all my other helpers, HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY...yes, with your careful coaching I did it! I used your first method Julie, but since you added a second way, I'll practice that too. No one has ever taken the time to teach me anything but how to do e-mail...you all are my friends for life!
Loved the video, just with Angelica and Jaime were in love for real, like I thought for about two minutes when I read about the Hola! article. Thanks again, Judy
 

Julie, yes, the second way worked also. Yeah. And I lisped ,I guess ,when I said I "with" Angelica and Jaime were in love for real...meant "wish"....thanks again teachers...Judy
 

The car - Lety said she would pay for a car and cell phone out of her own salary, rather than have a company car and cell phone in addition to her salary.

What I don't get is how she expects to pay for a whole car on her salary when the job is supposedly only going to be a few months! (Then again, it's not exactly a Swigglemobile or a Blurabout, and she is getting a president's salary...)
 

Julie et al., did you notice how the car is a FORD? Again?

Jeanne
 

I was thinking the same thing about Lety's speech last night - she sounded like she had a speech impediment and I was wondering about the braces as well.
 

Did anyone notice alds shirt tonight Tuesday. It definitely had a stain down the middle. Also is he missing teeth on the right upper mouth? When he was speaking to caro when they were sitting outside, the closeup showed what appeared to be missing teeth. Looking at him it was the top left, so it is actually his right. Two dark spots, as if a tooth out and one rotted. Also I could not get much sound on that video of anjelica and Camil. I tried at work and at home. Bearly audible.
 

Word is out that Jaime Camil & Angelica Vale are novios? It's being run on youtube.com
 

Did Aldo try to stick his finger inside fern's ear a few days ago?
 

Sometimes I think Tomas is a crazy. I recall a few blogs back of someone saying Aldo was stalking Lety. I think Tomas is the stalker. There is a difference between being in love with someone and having a pic of your crush hanging in your office and one in your pocket. I mean that to me sounds like a stalker since he doesn't get the point that she isn't interested, won't forgive him and detests him. I know it is supposed to be cute but I want it to move forward.
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2_ea_4Ffd0
Goodness, just watched this on youtube and i could hardly recognize my Jaime! I thought he looked awful- hunched over, facial hair--- not very attractive- no scruffy. He is much more gorgeous in the show- IMHO. I almost wish I hadn't seen angelica looking this beautiful. It was almost like a spoiler.
Ironic for me to see LETY so gorgeous and Jaime so scruffy and unkempt looking.
Are we positive they are only great friends? Too bad.
I love them both.
 

OMG, Anonymous 10:48, me da un mimiscki, where is my valeriana?.. He looks way cuter in his suit & tie with his hair slicked back even if it does look greasy. Let me see more of him as Fern and then we can talk.
 

I know, I know there are lots of clips on youtube...you don't have to tell me twice
 

Guess what I found..the Jaime Camil chat from esmas. I am working on translating the transcript and I'll add it the post if you want me to that is, I mean who knows maybe nobody wants to read it? We'll see :)....
 

Hey Marycelis, email it to me when you get it finished and I'll post it for you (unless it's full of spoilers of course). Thanks! caray@mappamundi.com
 

no not all..actually i was thinking that same thing...to e-mail it to you to post on oficially on caray caray. I should have it ready by the weekend.
 

no spoilers i meant to say.
 

Time keeps on slippin slippin slippin into the future...Well not in this alternate Physics defying Universe...Please Gawd if I ever have a ground hog day like this...please don't let me be dressed in Paul Revere's ole hand-me-downs...Let me be dressed in something smokin hawt.
Permalink posted by beckster : Tue Feb 13, 11:07:00 AM EST


LOL, Beckster, what a teriffic post! Great song, great movie, great band/historical reference!!

I'm voting for Aldo wearing a (poorly) tie-dyed turtleneck sweater. It looks like it may have been recycled. Was it perhaps part of Don F's wardrobe at one time?
 

Ok so this a whole week old now but I've been working too many hours and I just got around to watching the Youtube clip of the Christina show. Melinama, you're right the, song at the end is bad but to Angelica's credit, I don't think she is trying to sing 'for real,' she is actually doing a parody of Paulina Rubio, a conceited and annoying pop-star... who come to think of it, reminds me a whole lot of Alicia!
 

The 2011 discussion for Capitulos 209 & 210 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder