Monday, February 12, 2007

Acorralada - #20 - 2/9/07 Pancho Finds Out Payback's Una Perra!

Max the Drip is at Diana's house and they're having the same ol' argument as always. Diana says she's not going back to his house. He says he knows she can't come back to work, but that he simply cannot stand the thought of being apart from her. In walks Diego, and Diana tells Max she and Diego are getting married. Max looks like he just ate a slug.

Pancho and Caramel are bickering back and forth. He says he wants to marry her. Besides, they are in business together. The fact the business is illegal is beside the point. "A business I want to leave," adds Caramel. "But it's a profitable business" says Pancho. "Yeah, and you're a liar and a cheater," retorts Caramel. You can tell she's weakening, however.***Don't do it, Caramel!!!*** Pancho keeps making excuses and flattering her, suggesting that they go back to his place so he can show her how much he loves her. Keep in mind Pancho lives with his Mom and brother Diego. Caramel suggests a hotel along the beach. Don't have to ask Pancho twice.

"Congratulations," says a stunned Max. "I wish you all the happiness in the world." What a drip! Diana starts to cry after Max leaves. Diego tells Diana she owes him an explanation. Right at that moment, Granny M walks in with a cup of tea to settle Diana's "nerves." Diana asks to speak to Diego alone.

Bruno and Debora are fighting about the real Marfil waking up and wanting to return to the house. Debora wants no part of Marfil's return; she's afraid she'll end up in jail. "How will we explain 'the relapse' to Max?" Bruno--"Then what should we tell Marfil?" D--"Tell her the truth. Max fell in love with the nurse and I took her place at great personal sacrifice, to keep Max from divorcing her. When Marfil is totally cured, she can come back and I'll leave. No one will know the difference." B--"OK, I'll go talk to Marfil and try to convince her." D--"You'd better, our freedom is at stake." Bruno leaves and Debora says to herself that Marfil picked a bad time to wake up, there is NO WAY Debora's leaving that house and all that money. Even if she has to kill her twin!

Diana tries to explain to Diego the Putz what happened between her and Max and why she lied to Max. "He needs to be with his wife. She needs him. I'm incapable of causing pain to someone. I don't want to be a home wrecker." Diego pathetically says he had hoped what she said (about being engaged) was true. With time perhaps her feelings will change. A single tear runs pointedly down Diana's cheek. Diana--"Alas, it can never be. You're a nice guy, but. . .You deserve a woman who values your love. I love Max, not you, and that's never going to change." ***And you wonder why I think he's a putz?***

***This scene was a little hard for me to follow. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.***Camila and M/D are chatting on the phone. M/D proudly states Diana is never returning to the mansion. Camila points out that won't stop Max from seeing Diana on the street. "We need to make Max hate her. That's why we need to cough up $20,000 to give to Andres for his secret." M/D is twirling her hair, a la Jos in Mundo. M/D says she has an idea. Camila tells her to put it into place. M/D suggests that perhaps Diana isn't the problem. "Maybe YOU are the problem!" Camila retorts that Max doesn't want an invalid like Marfil--he's going to come back to me. M/D says she and Camila can return to being rivals and fight for Max. Camila hangs up and M/D laughs "Stupid Camila has no idea I'm not an invalid, and in fact, I'm not even Marfil!"

Octave and her sister, Yolanda, are discussing what happened between Diana and Max, while Lala is serving them. I think Octave says something to the effect that she knew all along Max would get caught with Diana. Octave walks off. Lala tells Yolanda that Diana isn't a bad person--she just fell for the wrong guy. Yolanda agrees. Lala says the bad part of all of this is that Granny DS is the one who will suffer.

Diana is telling Gaby how bad she feels about getting caught kissing Max. "Marfil is such a good person. Then to make matters worse, I lied about marrying Diego. I hope you don't get fired for being my sister." "I hope that doesn't happen either," says Gaby "because Larry just asked me to marry him." Diana is impactada.

Octave is consoling M/D. O--"Please don't judge my son." M/D--"Don't worry. I love him, although I won't deny I'm hurt about what happened. O--"I understand. Let's move forward and treat this all as a bad memory." Octave walks downstairs and runs into Max. "Your victim is waiting for you." M--"Is she calm now?" Octave and Max fight some more about Diana. The usual. Octave is blaming Diana for everything and Max is defending Diana.

M/D is in her room ranting about her sister when Max knocks on the door. He begs for her forgiveness. She apologizes for her hysterics, as well. M/D blames everything on Diana. Max says it's all his fault, but M/D stops him, "It doesn't matter. I love you and need you. I want to forget this whole sordid business."

Diana doesn't believe at first that Larry has proposed to Gaby. Being the supportive sister, she points out that Larry doesn't love her. He's on the rebound. G--"But he sounded sincere!" D--"What are you going to do?" G--"I'm going to pray to the Virgin of Guadalupe for guidance."***I have to insert here that I am very disappointed in my Larry. Just when I thought he wasn't as dopey as I had initially thought, he comes up with this harebrained idea. Larry, Larry, Larry. We need to talk. . .***

If memory serves, Larry is in his room and still wearing his tight blue t-shirt. I also just noticed I think he has pictures of himself on the nightstand next to the bed. That's messed up.

Octave comes to visit him. "Are you still depressed? You should get out and go to the gym, the beach, party with your friends, talk to your fans on Caray Caray. That will make you feel better." Larry announces he's getting married. Octave, skeptical, asks "To whom?" L--"It's a surprise!" O--"But you just got dumped! I've got enough problems in this house with your drippy brother and slutty sister. Don't you dare complicate things with your childish acts!" L--"Childish acts? I'm an adult, Mom!" O--"But you're acting like a child! Only a boy decides to get married within 24 hours of being left at the altar. And just who is this woman?" L--"She's 1000 times better than Pilar. It's a date--I'm getting married." ***Last I knew Gaby hadn't said yes. Mighty presumptuous, Larry***O--"Your siblings have gone crazy. What have I done to deserve kids like you?" Mommie Dearest leaves and Larry's eyes water again. Maybe he's just allergic to Fieras. He then he gives this faint smile to die for.

Back to the bar where Paco is talking to Fedora/Gaviota about Caramel's stupid idea to marry Pancho. F/G turns the conversation back to herself. Boring stuff about taking revenge on Octave and how Octave ruined her life. Same ol' same ol'. Paco says she'd better have a plan. F/G--"Don't you worry!"

Granny M is sewing and wondering if Diana's and Gaby's mother is still in jail.

Pancho is "getting familiar" with Caramel in the hotel room. Telling her all these lies about how much he loves her. Typical lines guys like him feed women like her. Caramel talks him into taking a little bath before they "do the deed." She'll be waiting for him naked. Pancho strips in record time and runs into the bathroom. Caramel gathers up all his clothing and walks out of the room, leaving him nothing but some towels and bedding for cover.

Bruno goes to see Marfil, who at first is sleeping after being drugged by Isabel. Bruno is sobbing and clutching Marfil's hand. Isabel tells Bruno that Bruno needs to tell the girls the truth that "you are..." Isabel never gets to finish her sentence. Bruno becomes furious. "NO!!! You are the only one who knows my secret. They can never know." Marfil wakes up and is happy to see Bruno. Lots of sappy, weepy greetings. Bruno's eyeliner is running. She needs to get a hold of the makeup people from Mundo de Fieras. MdF women NEVER have runny eye liner. The happy reunion is cut short when Marfil starts asking questions about where she is and why isn't she home with Max.

Diana is throwing herself a pity party with Granny M now. She wants to go back to the house and apologize to Marfil. Now that's a scene I would like to see. Granny is against that idea. Granny says it's not all Diana's fault. It takes two. . .

Max is now throwing his own pity party. He's sniveling that Diana can't marry Diego because she doesn't love him. "I can't be apart from you!" Drip, drip, drip.

Marfil becomes hysterical. Bruno tells her why she's at Isabel's house. It's because Debora took your place so Max wouldn't leave you. Bruno tries to calm her down and explain, but Marfil becomes even more agitated. Marfil says Debora is the worst person in the world. She starts screaming.

Pancho comes strutting his stuff out of the bathroom, ready for some action. Where's Caramel? Pancho then realizes his clothes are gone and so is Caramel. Caramel is at the bar gloating to Lorenzo about what she did to Pancho.

Diego is sitting on his patio pining away for Diana. Pancho calls and tell him Caramel stole his clothes and left him in a hotel room. "Not my problem" says Diego and hangs up. Gaby appears. Now Diego is whining to Gaby about Diana. Diego is pathetic. Cute, but pathetic. I digress. Anyway, Gaby is trying to make excuses for Diana's bad behavior by telling him you just can't control your heart. Diego is dejected. ***Why isn't someone setting him up with the servant Nancy? She loves him and they'd make a great couple!***

Max is sitting on his bed with a laptop dreamily saying, "Diana, Diana, Diana." There's a knock on the door and it's M/D. M/D wants to go away on a trip. Max starts stalling and making excuses. Work, promises, things to do. "I'll get better faster if we can go away," says M/D in her cloying, annoying voice. Max--"I'll think about it." M/D starts draping herself all over him saying how much she loves him.

Back to the real Marfil. Bruno is justifying why Debora is impersonating her. Marfil is getting increasingly hysterical. "You know Debora has always envied me." Bruno is still trying to make excuses and how sad Debora has been while Marfil has been in a coma. Marfil says, "You're lying! I order you to take me out of here. I want to see Max NOW!" B--"If you tell him the truth, we'll go to jail." M--"I don't care. The police would love to capture that thief!"

Lala calls Diana who is moping on the bed. Lala--"How are you feeling?" "Awful," says Diana. "How is Marfil doing?" L--"I don't know. She and Max are having a discussion." D--"About what?" L--"I don't know." D--"I hope I haven't caused more problems. Max came to see me today." L--"He came to your house after everything that happened?" Diana (dreamily) "Yes, he said he loves me." L--"What did you say?" D--"Nothing. I kinda said I was marrying your son, Diego." L--"How could you do that to my poor, sweet Diego? He must feel so bad." D--"I'm so sorry." etc. etc. Lala reminds her that Max will never leave Marfil. She also states she wishes Diana would hook up with Diego. Diana says she wishes she could, but her heart tells her no. ***Lala, why would you want your son to marry a woman such as this?***

Marfil is yelling at Bruno saying Debora will never let her get her life back. "Debora is a viper." Bruno tells Marfil too bad--"I won't let you ruin everything!" Marfil gets louder and louder, "Max, save me!" Isabel comes in and tells them to keep the volume down or the neighbors will call the police. Marfil yells, "That's what I want! I want the police to come!" Things escalate to the point that Isabel gives Marfil a tabby tamer in her IV to shut her up. Bruno starts sobbing as Marfil is drugged into submission.

Credits roll. . .

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you !!!
 

Nice job!
I would like to also say that I am too disappointed in Larry, as gorgeous as he is; what is he thinking that marry Gaby will replace the pain Pilar has caused him? Poor Gaby. Although as much as I root for Larry and Gaby and want them to be together; only not like this, when you know that deep down inside his heart is still probably with Pilar, dang it!
I agree that Diego and Nancy would make a cute couple too; only thing is he’s so in love with Diana. Man all this “My heart is with so and so but theirs is with someone else!
Thanks for the recap! =)
 

I'm very glad that Caramelo came to her sense and played that trick on Pancho. I wonder who she will end up with?
 

I don't want to get ahead of the recaps, but I am VERY disappointed in Larry. I'm trying to figure out if he's really a clueless "lunkhead" (to use one of Alex's words)too blinded by pain to see what he's doing to poor Gaby, or if he's truly a Narcissist and doesn't care. I must admit I thought it was a little early for those two to be together. Maybe things will get bad between them and eventually he'll come to his senses and truly realize Gaby is the one for him. I think Caramel and Pancho would make a good match if he can turn himself around. This is a telenovela, all sorts of unrealistic things can happen! Caramel is pretty feisty, and most of the guys we've met so far just don't seem right for her. At least Pancho comes from a good family, even if he is a canalla now. Maybe something bad will happen to him and he'll see the light.
 

By-the-way, Fan, did you see the episode yesterday? If so, was Larry to-swoon-for in that black jacket?! I would have agreed to run off to Vegas with him, too. And I'm already married!
 

Yeah, I agree..love Larry and Gaby together but hate what is Larry doing to her..poor girl. She was so excited and now..she really doens't deserve this :-(
 

klee- yes I saw yesterday's episode, what do you mean?
 

Fan-
When Larry walked in to Gaby's apartment and the camera panned to him standing there in that black jacket, he was looking mighty healthy!
 

Yes indeed! Might I add handsome, hott, and so much more!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder