Saturday, March 24, 2007

Destilando Amor - English translation of the synopsis

In Jalisco, in the beautiful town of Tequila, an ardent, pure and strong love rises, just like the famous liquor that carries the name of this hot, fertile region where it is produced.

Teresa Hernández, called Gaviota, is a fieldworker who travels across the country with her mother Clara, working the harvests. Every year, they come back to Tequila for the harvest of the blue agave [See How Tequila Is Made] at the Hacienda called La Montalveña.

This hacienda is the property of Don Amador, patriarch of the Montalvo family, a family with a long history in the production of tequila. As the story begins, Don Amador knows his death is near; he arrives to pass his last days in this land he loves so much.

When Don Amador dies, his family comes together for the funeral. His grandchildren - Rodrigo and Rodrigo's cousin Aarón - arrive from London, where they are enrolled in doctoral programs. The cousins were raised like brothers, but their grandfather's will wakens ambition in Aarón, as the control of the family fortune will go to the family of the first grandson who sires a son. Aarón feels confident, knowing that Rodrigo has never been able to make love; however, Rodrigo's destiny changes with the arrival of Gaviota in his life.

Rodrigo and the beautiful fieldworker, in the moment they meet, feel for the first time the disturbing call of love; their bodies awaken a passion which dominates them. Both surrender themselves to it completely.

Rodrigo promises Gaviota that he will return and marry her after he receives his doctorate in a year's time. Not long after, Gaviota discovers she is pregnant. Without having an idea of the size of the world, the innocent young woman decides to go to England and find Rodrigo. Deceived by a local photographer who promises help, Gaviota falls into the hands of a band of white slavers (tratantes de blancas - ?) who send her to a Parisian bordello.

The valiant young woman escapes and begins her voyage in search of the man she loves. Alone, without knowing the language, she has only her faith and grand love to sustain her in the worst moments. Aided by a generous Italian and a group of English nuns, she will return to Mexico to find a life much different than the one she left behind: a life of sadness and deception; a life in the big city, where ambition, rancor and lies reign, a life which may turn to stone the innocent heart which began this journey.

Labels: ,


Comments:
WOWEE WOW !!!!! Melinama, thanks for posting this! I hope it's as good as it sounds!!! Caray!Caray! A tequilo dynasty....rival cousins [shades of ''Alborada''] ...2 doctoral candidates [what are their majors???? Will we witness their struggles to write their dissertations???]....a Parisian bordello...a great, big, goodlooking virgin [I'm referring to Rodrigo , not Gaviota] Let the games begin!!!! I'm already writing the ending in my mind : The big dude [Rodrigo???] beats Cesar [Aaron???] senseless in the cactus fields. ^^^Susanlynn, looking forward to seeing some familiar faces...and some new ones
 

At least there's no evil-twin-with-eyepatch in this one.

I wonder if I will have difficulty getting used to seeing Sergio Sendel as someone other than Cesar Beltran.
 

I suppose Sergio will always be Sleazer to those of us who followed his exploits in ''Heridas.''He just has ''that'' look about him, no???^^^Susanlynn, raising her shot of tequilo to our new adventure
 

Sergio...is one of my favorite bad-guys, I think I have only seen him play a good guy once...I brings the BSC. I have a new misguided hero. I am concerned over the studly 35 year old virgen, what's up with that?
 

I mean he brings not me brings
 

Oh Beckster, isn't it remotely possible that YOU bring the bat-shit crazy WITH you wherever you go? And we're all so grateful for it!
 

I am seriously interested in what's a good tequila brand to be drinking with this show? (I had my own chocolate concoction to drink while watching Heridas. Note: I will not be drinking anything while recapping...Anyhoo, I know nothing about tequila. Only that cheap brands give you a headache.
 

Hmm. White slavery is a new twist, isn't it?

I've never really seen Yañez play anything as the lead before. It's just been bits and pieces of bad B movies in English with him as the bad guy's goon. They say he's great on the other side of the border, though. This is definitely an all-star cast and it's already getting ginormous ratings down there. Good, 'cause I am more than ready for a top notch novela about now. It's been a year since Alborada.
 

melinama...
Bwwwahhhhaaa...well as you can imagine, BSC has become a popular phrase at my workplace (along with AssHats)..someone I work with saw a program on one of the medical channels & some lady bought a house & didn't know it had a gigantic bat colony in the attic...anyway Bat guano fumes can lead to the crazies...they had to complety exterminate the house...but see...there is a kernal of truth...now we are still working on the medical condition of AssHats.
 

Beckster thank you that was the best and maybe
the only good laugh I had all day.
 

I thought that guy looked suspiciously like Cezar. I only watched the final epi of Heridas, but I could tell he must have given everyone a run for their money. So the eyepatch guy was evil, huh? What's with eyepatches signalling evil in these telenovelas, folks? I sense discrimination against monocular folks here.

Jeanne
 

Oh-uh, Melinama.... didn't you say you have a bats in your attic? gulp!

Lots of anticipation surrounding this novela. The folks (in my family that know more about this stuff than me) say that this one is based on a Columbian novela called Cafe Con Aroma de Mujer which was super popular and very well done. Let's hope this one lives up to the original!
 

Last night, someone posted a list of the characters and the previous novelas that they had been in...what happened to that list???^^^Susanlynn
 

This sounds like it will be a winner. I've also read it's really popular down south. I wish it weren't on at 9:00, same time as Zorro, but such is life. Goodness knows I don't have time to become addicted to one more telenovela. I will still read y'alls scathing recaps and enjoy it vicariously.

Ahhh, so lucky to have Sleazar in this show. Now there is a villain who knows how to do bad.

I look forward to Beckster having her way with the 35 yr. old virgin...
 

Sylvia^^^Come on...you know that you want to watch this one. Tape ''Zorro'' and watch Rodrigo. You want to be in with the in crowd , no??? What will we do without your input??? You'll be zorry if you don't watch this one from the get-go before the big handsome 35 year old virgin isn't a virgin anymore.^^^susanlynn
 

You know, this 35 year old virgin has 2 strikes against him already. Chastity before marriage is one thing, but a guy not getting into sex simply because he's been so involved with his business and his studies for 20 long years.....Why, how can this be???? Pobrecito lindo.
 

Oh my god! I turned it on in the morning (when everybody was getting the news that the patriarch was dying) and I've already hooted out loud several times! We've lucked out with this one! And the bad English! And the virgin, who looks like Clark Kent! HAH! Go for it, team!
 

And further! Actors with shovels, on a soundstage, have any of them ever held a shovel again?? Hah Hah Hah! Also, I love the music of Jalisco. I'm in.
 

If you will humbly allow me to add my new small voice to this WONDERFUL recap blog, I would be ever so grateful! I have depended on you FABULOUS gals (and guys?)to help me keep up with this intriguing telenova and I just wanted to express my gratitude. WHOEVER wrote this one is HILARIOUS!! I was thinking many of the same things you so brilliantly put into words!! I love Eduardo Yanez (Rod) and have since "I'll Love You in Silence" (even though that telenova was a bit ridiculous at times) and was so glad to see him back on my tele screen. Since my Spanish is anything but fluent, I depend on you guys (and my son's tenth grade Spanish Textbook, to get me through another day. (LOL)
Thank You so much for your time invested in creating and keeping these recaps going! There are many of us out here on the other side of the computer screen who really appreciate them!!
...Oh, I agree about Rod acting like a seventeen year old. Do you think he will give Gavi his class ring and football jersey to wear tonight? LOL
 

Buenas tardes a todos/todas -- yes, this is a really fun telenovela, and I am enjoying it, too--thank you for the recaps!
Does anyone know if there are -- or will be -- dvd sets when it finishes,and where to purchase?

Re: a good tequila to drink while watching -- always go top of the line or a royal hangover will attack -- Don Julio reposado, or Patron (my favorite) -- would do ok & you can purchase them here in the US.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder