Friday, March 23, 2007

Mundo de Fieras, Thursday Mar 22--Are we there yet?

Leo is getting the stuffing kicked out of him at his clinic. He’s on the floor, conked out & bleeding.

Wile E Joselyn is waiting for Demian to come around the corner in his Hummer so she can blow him to smithereens with the ACME tv control…good for all kinds of demolition work. She blows him up and then goes to rub his nose in it. He tells her that no, you haven’t won, and you aren’t the strongest because I have a little surprise for you. He tells her we’re goin’ to hell together. She laughs maniacally. The car blows up one more time for good measure as D yells Stella….oh I mean Regina and Jossie walks away laughing.

Nicolas, Ingrid & Dolores are having a little Mensa meeting of the minds.

Jos comes home and tells her mommy what she did at school today…she blew up Demian. Miriam isn’t all that happy. But they start planning MA’s demise and suffering and Jos sees a happy reunion for her and Gabe. Miriam tells her she’s kind of an idiot if she thinks it’s going to be all daffodils and ice cream cones.

Gabe & Nico are in the office and receive a phone call from the police that D just died.

A nurse is cleaning up Leo. The cowboys are telling the head cowboy about what happened and they’re all laughing about it. Yeehaw!

Gabe delivers the news to Paulina and JC (I had actually forgotten that D was JCs father). JC, as always, is broken up appropriately (not too much, not too little...just right). He goes to talk to a fat sheet, telling it that they never got along well but he’s sad that they never got the opportunity to be a real father and son.

Ingrid is psyched that their plan is almost at an end. She wants to yell it in Miriam's face and take a picture. She gets a big fat paycheck from that other fashion chick (I can’t remember her name) and tells her she plans to go far far away.

Gabe goes to say goodbye to Demian. He says the same stuff as JC, I wish our relationship had been different, but you really are important to me and I wish you the best. Blah blah blah.

JC & Paulina go to the casa de horrors where they find that Demian had Regina’s favorite red dress laid out on the bed all creepy and Vincent Price-like. JC’s a blubbering mess by now and just asks Dolores to take care of everything. Naturally she obliges with saint-like smile on her face.

Nico tells Gabe that Miriam and Demian were lovers and accomplices. Gabe’s shocked that his brother would do such an old bag. They see the possibility of her implication in the misdeeds as a way to free Tiberio.

Ceci goes to visit Leo and sees him all bruised and battered. He says maybe he should go door to door, since no one is bringing their kids to him for vaccinations and medical care.

Nico & Dolores are packin’ up. They worry how poor crazy Tiberio will react when he learns that Demian’s dead. Not well is the general consensus. As Dolores is packing up, she finds a “smoking cell phone” under Regina’s Bible. Strange…very strange. Come on guys! Even Shaggy & Scooby know that’s, like, a really important clue man!

JC breaks the news to his crazy brother. Who breaks down. JC tells him, basically, to settle down, at least you still have a mother to take care of so stop worrying about Demian. Tiberio agrees but keeps crying anyways and they give a little prison handshake. Ahhh….a brotherly bond.

Gabe is tossing the office to find some kind of implicating evidence. Cue the music, he found a manila envelope full of documents that can free Tiberio. He calls Nicolas. Nicolas, having taken the Evelyn Wood Speed-reading course, looks at the documents for two seconds and then agrees that they are just the proof they need.

Leo & Ceci are walking along happily and they see the mean cowboys. Leo wants a rumble, but Ceci realizes, um maybe we should get the police. She realizes that these guys work for her daddy. Uh oh…conflict of interest. She goes to confront daddy, they yell at each other and she threatens to go off but he says, well I’ll try and change. She says, okay then let me go to the capital to study. He says he loves her a lot, but okay she can go study.

Tiberio is free and has started being a good son to sweet Dolores and gives his blessing that Lola & Nico tie the knot or shack up, or whatever. Nico’s psyched!!!!

Silvestre & Cande are chatting about moving to the ‘burbs. Silvestre thinks this will really help Elsa, to be away from the vices of their little ‘hood. Apparently Silvestre has never lived in the 'burbs...they've got vices too.


Ceci gives Leo the good news about going to the city and tells him that she has special feelings for him. He’s shocked but psyched.

Jos is swigging down some tranquilizers with alcohol…always a good choice. And Gabe & Nico realize that they have a hidden camera? Or at least footage of Jossie’s confessions.

Join us tomorrow for the exciting and much-anticipated (as in when the heck is this crap going to be over???) conclusion. Will MA ever return from Chile and finish recording this novela?? What about contractual obligation?? What about the other novela she’s recording with Televisa…will she be in the last half of those episodes, or will she bail out again? Find out the answers to maybe one or two of these questions tomorrow on….Univisión.

Labels:


Comments:
Leo must have taken a pretty bad punch to the head if he thought it would be a good idea to pick a fight with his picnicking attackers. I mean, if they could beat him up once I'm pretty sure his odds wouldn't be any better the next day. ;)

And how amazing is it that Cici and her dad managed to iron things out with just a brief little chat. Wow. If only.
 

Good point about MA, but you know - I haven't missed her at all. I'm tired of pretty-boy rulli and pau was a complete washout. Karen was a washout once she was rehabilitated. But I like Tiberio, with his weird airbrushed face, now that he's rehabilitated and has a proper attitude towards his mommy. Demian = perplexed as ever. El Doctorcito = pretty cute here towards the end though carrying a torch for MA when such a babe right in front of him = stupid.
 

Great job TPR!

I really hated that Candy and Syl did another infomercial for the new subdivision. Nothing against subdivisions, but I hate to think of all those people in the big cities watching this and thinking that if they only move to a subvision, then all their troubles will be over. Come on people, take a look at Wisteria Lane!

I can't wait to see how it ends for Josi!!! I hope she does not O.D. on pills and booze-- that would be such a jip! She needs to be humiliated and disgraced, tarred and feathered, in front of everyone!

I guessed I missed the scoop on MA... Why is she MIA? What's she doing in Chile?
 

Nora: Thanks for another wonderful recap.

Melinama: did you miss the conversation Leo and Ceci had before he hugged her - he realized his own stupidity and decided to go for it, and they hugged.

Note to all: Ernesto, Cesar and Gaby E. will be the special guests on Cristina Monday night.
 

Hi - JR, I heard him say "well as long as you know I'm not sure I can promise to come around, I'll give it a try" (the same line MA used on him).
 

I don't miss MA at all. She doesn't seem to be working, taking care of her kid, or doing much of anything. She's not very involved with Gabe, does he or anyone else (except Leo) really miss her?

I'm cheering for Leo to get some action. Bravo Leo!
 

Am I the only one who's tired of seeing the same role by the actress who plays Leonardo's adopted Mom? Saintly, long-suffering little Mama from the vecindad (barrio) . . . Same tone of voice for everything. Same acting. It's like it's the same character and they just pluck her out of one telenovela and put her in another.

PLEEEAASE productores, get someone else for a change!

G.
 

Good recap...Finally Finally..it is almost over. I too am very meh about JC & Paulina..Rulli just doesn't do it for me...he has a permanent look of angst, plus staring off in the distance at some truth only he can see. I like Ti, he is freaky weird, but he has amused me for six months. Leo, gotta say I first saw him in AyR and thought he was a T then, but liked him when he has the long hair & beard in that other one. (I never remember the names of these things)..I think I liked him in the other one cause he was flawed, I just can't handle the unflawed galan..or the flaw is the fact that they are so stupid...Gabe shout-out
 

Leo, join the priesthood now if you can't go for Cecelia, there's no hope. You can put a pic of MA next to La Virgen. Egads.

I got a bad feeling about Elsa while mom & hubby were talking about the rosy future away from the mean streets of the barrio/vecino. Not sure she's going to make it.

Demian's death scene was too gruesome and (dare I say?) demonic for me. It looked like the gates of Hell had opened. Unsettling.
Think I would have driven a silver stake through his heart just to be sure.

Jos does have a little bitty heart and it belongs to Gabe. That actually surprised me.
 

Fun recap Nora! You folks sure do a great job showing the best and worst of these Mundo characters. I loved Ernesto Laguardia in Amor Real and Alborada but honestly, I have wanted to slap him silly since day one here in Mundo land.

So what's the dirt on Gaby Espino? I notice from watching Zorro on Televisa that they are plastering her all over the screen. Yeah, she's super hot to look at, no doubt about that, but what a yawn she was in this show.

Thanks Mundo recappers! One more night...
 

"Apparently Silvestre has never lived in the 'burbs...they've got vices too." Nora, this little gem and "casa de horrors" gave me more than a few chuckles today! Thanks for taking the time to give us all a few more smiles than we might have had otherwise!
 

Thanks, P.R. Loved your title ''Are We There Yet?'' You could have subtitled it ''Shocked and Psyched.'' Nic did look psyched, didn't he? He's been waiting a loooong time for Dolores. And so go the days of our lives. TickTock. ~~~Susanlynn, ready for this puppy to end
 

Thanks to all of you wonderful recappers! I started watching Mundo with my Mexican boyfriend in February. I do not speak Spanish, so he translates what he can, but needless to say, I have missed a lot of each episode! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the recaps and the backstory. I found your site just in time for the finale! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
 

Hey Jill - hope you'll stay on for the next one! Get hooked!
 

Finally got around to watching this episode. Nora your recap was hilarious. When Demian was talking to Jos in his charred state I found myself looking to see if the eyepatch had been blown off.

I forgot to post from the night before's episode but Leo actually said the Spanish equivalent of the old standby "it's not you, it's me" a la George Costanza, to Ceceilia which cracked me up.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder