Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wednesday Feb. 28 -- MUNDO - Flashbacks R Us

We left off yesterday with Nic agreeing to investigate MA’s disappearance and Gabe remembering his last conversation with MA…

Candy and Leo return from the wedding; Candy notes MA’s absence at the wedding/reception. Leo thinks Candy worries too much. Leo dreams of when he first saw MA. (At the fire that destroyed her mother’s house -- he had saved her mother from certain death, when he announced his feelings for her and kissed her, when he saw her together with Gabe, etc…)

[Novelas seem to do these filler types of reminiscing scenes close to the end I’ve noticed… Maybe the actor’s are tired or this is a way of giving them a break so they can go audition for other novellas… or, in this case, maybe they’re trying to torture us.]

Leo wakes from his reminiscing, muttering that MA belongs to Gabe, wow, big revelation there.

Mir asks Joz if their any news, no, they’re whispering so Ingrid doesn’t hear… Ingrid asks what’s up and Mir tells her to get lost. Mir’s light bulb goes off, she tells Joz they shouldn’t talk in front of Ingrid or anyone, [Good grief, who wrote that in? another revelation, must be cuz her and Leo are blood related]…. Joz takes off for her office.

Mir reminisces about Otilia’s sharp words and win at the fashion competition. [Wow, tons of filler in this episode… could it be that this show is OVER… please say it’s so]

Mir swears Otil’s luck is over.

Otilia meets with Armando about his awesome line of clothing in the next season. [Is Otil wearing new makeup these days? I’m still deciding on if I like it better…]

Armando leaves [love that name… Arrrrrrrrmando… very manly] anyway, he’s outta there and Otil takes the moment to talk to herself, letting herself know that she’s going after Mir for the sheer pleasure of getting the better of someone who has caused so much harm to people. [I love Otilia! She’s my heroina!]

Dios mio, another flash-back… this time about Otil’s dead hubby and his traipsing around with Mir… the whole secret about Joz being his daughter…etc… various scene’s of her and him… and her club for cheated women…etc…

[For anyone who practice numbers this is the perfect episode… Otilia goes over first, second, third, etc… as she tell her cheated women’s club the “rules” for women… ]

Otilia calls Don Chava about the radio show she wants to get going…

Rog plays with Karen in her office, or is it his office… someone’s office… they chat and note that they’ve been “talking” more than when they lived in the mansion… Oh, it’s Dam’s office… Tib barges in looking for Dam, he’s dazed and confused about where Dam’s gone off to, chastises them for being in the office and heads right back out.

Rog and Karen flirt. Then Rog takes off. She talks to herself about what might happen between her and Rog and that she can’t believe how empty and frivolous she used to be… Ay! Otros flashbacks! She remembers how frivolous she used to be… various scene’s of her being vain, conniving and petty.

Tib, driving in his convertible, wonders and worries about where his papá has gone off to… he thinks of how the truth of Dam being his dad has weighed heavy on him… Qué barbaridad! More flashbacks, this time of Tib with Dam and Dolores (as a nun, at the mansion, confessing she’s his mother, etc…)

[Diosito must have taken notice of me! I’ve never had to type this little!! I might actually get to bed at a decent time tonight!!! This must be what they call mercy! ]

Tib finally seems to realize that maybe Dam is at the cemetery and goes to take a look around… ah ha! Lo encontró, por fin!

Dam looks horrible… and he’s gone out of his mind. His hair is all over the place, 6 o’clock shadow, clothes all dirty, etc. AND, he’s forgotten who Tib is, at least until Tib convinces him he’s his first born, his primogenito. That seems to bring Dam around a bit…. [good grief]

Tib tries hopelessly to get Dam to leave the cemetery… doesn’t work… Dam wants to stay there to keep Regina warm and to keep her from being afraid. Tib reminds him that Regina is dead (is that such a good idea, really?)… Dam doesn’t believe it and prefers to stay there and keep his wife company.

Suddenly Dam, after a minute or two of acting nuts, “realizes” Regina is missing and starts screaming for her… Tib throws his arms down, helpless and frustrated… The scene goes into slow-mo and Dam swings his head back and forth in search of Regina…

Fin for today…

Labels:


Comments:
Last nite I asked my husband "what the hell is this about tonite."

He answered, "Saving $"

Damn sometimes he surprised me
 

I've just started watch for a few
weeks. Who brought up Tiberio
if he just found out Dolores is his
mother and Damian his father.
Is Damien Gabriel's brother?
Rogelio who fathered him? It
seems very mixed up to me.
Was there a point that Handsome
blond and Paulina were thought
to be brother and sister?
Gets very complicated with all the
sleeping around. I like Leo
Any chance for him with MarieAngela?
Sorry for all the questions.
 

Even though these flashback episodes can be very tiresome I really enjoyed Tiberio's flashbacks. That dude is just weird and over the top. I kept waiting for his rug to fly off his head. Such anguish in one waxen package.

Dang if you didn't get off easy last night. Great job!
 

Sylvia: Girl! I couldn't believe my luck! To be very honest, I hadn't watched Mundo since last Wednesday... I've been engrossed with Zorro, which is really really good! Highly recomended! I read article that said it was getting picked up in Mexico in late march... I don't know if that means Univision will have it or not... hopefully so, that way I can watch it all over again, lol

anonymous:
"Who brought up Tiberio" -- Damian brought him up as an orphan, he thought his mom had died, she was actually in prison

"Is Damien Gabriel's brother" -- yes

"Rogelio who fathered him" -- Gabriel, Rogelio and Paulina are sibblings

"Was there a point that Handsome
blond and Paulina were thought
to be brother and sister?" They were thought to be cousins... Damian JC's dad, Gabriel Pau's dad

"I like Leo
Any chance for him with MarieAngela?" not a snowballs chance, anonymous.

:)
 

anonymous: I should add that after Pau fell in love with JC, she found out she was adopted making it possible for her and JC to get married.
 

Zorro...Zorro...did someone say Zorro? I love that show. I really hope it gets picked up and re-shown on another network because the only bummer about Zorro is that some of our pals aren't able to watch it. I keep thinking "what would Susanlynn say about them HAVING SEX IN THE RIVER, or the Indian chick standing NAKED in front of Osvaldo Rios, or the crazy nun wannabe who had SEX WITH HER BROTHER?
 

Beckster, I think your hubby is right!
 

Thanks so much Ruth
I know it's almost over but I'm hooked
again. These novelas are like drugs.
Thanks again
 

the one thing I have had to come to terms with about Salvador Mejia projects is his love of overusing flashbacks.

J.R. :)

P.S. To those who can watch Zorro, I would really love to read your summary recaps. I don't have Telemundo at my home, so reading your comments can be my way of imagining and enjoying it vicariously through you.
 

Sylvia~~~Well, let's see. I have a pretty vivid imagination , so I tried to envision the scenes you mentionned. Unfortunately, when I did, everyone looked like Fernando C. [the river-sex person and Osvaldo and the brother] ...sooo actually, it was not a bad exercise. Let me just say that I am voting ''for'' on the river sex thing [as long as there are no whirlpools] and ''for'' on the naked Indian and Osvaldo...and ''against'' on the nun and her brother. I watched the second Zorro movie with Antonio B. the other night and was disappointed. It was very campy. What will it take for people to WAKE UP and recognize that Fernando IS zorro. ~~~Susanlynn, ready to watch ''Duelo'' mostly to catch the promos for the new show ''Destilando Amor''...the big guy looks like he could snap Cesar's neck like a twig...YES!!!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

JR I dvr'd Zorro for the first time yesterday to try a hand at recapping (just this once), yeah i want to torment the non-Telemundo viewers

;-)

Still debatting it and little nervous about its post.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder