Thursday, March 15, 2007

Zorro theme "Amor Gitano" translation

For all the Zorro fans, here are the lyrics and translation to the Zorro title song. I copied it from a website, so don't think I actually wrote the syllables.

AMOR GITANO
Alejandro Fernandez & Beyoncé

Alejandro:
Aaaaiii!!!!
Aaaaiii!!!!
Gitanaaa!!!
Gypsyyy!!!

Beyoncé :
Ooooo...
Ooooo...
Ven y quédate conmigo, Dame el corazón
Come and stay with me, Give me your heart
Vida mía estoy muriendo lento en mi prisión
My love I am dying slowly in my prison*

Alejandro:
Anda dime lo que sientes, Quítate el pudor
Come on tell me what you’re feeling, take off the modesty
Y deja de sufrir de capa con mi amor
And stop the masked suffering with my love
Después te llevaré hasta a donde quieras
Afterwards I will take you wherever you want
Sin temor y sin fronteras, Hasta donde sale el sol
Without fear or barriers, to where the sun rises

Beyoncé :
uuuu...
uuuu...
Contigo soy capaz de lo que sea
With you I capable of anything
No me importa lo que venga, porque ya sé a dónde voy
I don’t care what comes, beause I know where I’m going

Chours:
Alejandro:
Soy tu gitano tu peregrino
I am your gypsy**
La única llave de tu destino
The only key to your destiny
El que te cuida más que a su vida
The one who takes care of you more than himself
Soy tu ladrón...
I am your thief

Beyoncé :
Soy tu gitana tu compañera
I am your gypsy, your companion
La que te sigue
The one that follows you
La que te espera
The one who waits for you
Voy a quererte aunque me saquen el corazón
I am going to love you even if they take away my heart***

Beyoncé ft Alejandro:
Y aunque nos cueste la vida
And even if it costs our lives
Y aunque duela lo que duela
And even if it hurts
Esta guerra la ha ganado
This war was won by
Nuestro amor...
Our love

Beyoncé :
Yo nací para tus ojos, para nadie más
I was born for your eyes, for no one else
Siempre voy a estar en tu camino
I will always be in your path

Alejandro:
Alma de mi alma, corazón de tempestad
Soul of my soul, stormy heart
Dime por dónde ir
Tell me where to go
Después te llevaré donde quieras
And I will take you wherever you want
Sin temor y sin fronteras
Without fear or barriers
Hasta donde sale el sol
To where the sun rises

Beyoncé :
Contigo soy capaz de lo que sea
With you I capable of anything
No me importa lo que venga
I don’t care what comes
Porque ya sé a donde voy
Because I know where I’m going

Repeat chorus


*vida mia=my life, but love sounds better here
**peregrina & gitano = gypsy
***saquen el corazón = take out/remove my heart, it sounds too gross hence take away

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you so much, Marycelis! Muy amable!
 

your welcome. i was taking notes for yesterday's show and unfourtanetely again lost the battle for the remote, oh well may today after work.
 

Marycelis!!! Thanks! I wondered where you were last night (we missed you) and then I bet you were busy recapping or whatever...now I know you were translating this lovely song! It's wonderful and we all appreciate it!

Jeanne
 

aww, it's nice to be missed. Actually the song was translated earlier, i was just saving it for a little bit (don't want to get post-happy now that i can) i'll post thursday's later today after work.
 

Thank you Mari for posting the lyrics and their translation.

I'm still working on getting Wed. and Thur.'s recaps typed. They should be up by this evening some time. Just in time for some weekend reading.
 

oh cathy, i feel awful that you are doing the majority of the recaps and all i do is friday.
 

Is that Beyonce, like Destiny's Child Beyonce? I'm sure not, I don't think she sings in Spanish.
 

I should research BEFORE I post and make myself look stupid. It apparently is the same Beyonce. Who knew she could sing in Spanish?
 

I REALLY like this song. Thank you for posting the lyrics!

Ferro, you're not alone. If I hadn't specifically read that Beyonce was concentrating on some crossover music I wouldn't have believed it myself. Her album comes out in June with several songs in Spanish including the Zorro theme song. I've never been a fan of hers and I didn't think this song would fly...now I'm eating my words and couldn't be happier about it. I'll betcha I end up getting her CD.

We should do a recappers 10 commandments starting with
1) Thou shalt not feel guilty about late posts.
2) Thou shalt not kill thyself recapping.
3) Thou shalt remember that thou wert busy BEFORE you started recapping and thou art busy still.

I think y'all get my drift...
 

More research, pre-posting - apparently there is a re-issue of her CD from last year, B-Day, with a second disc of some Spanish/other songs thrown in. maybe it is a preview of a full album later this year or whatever, but if you want this song, it will be available in a few weeks. There, I have smarted myself back up.
 

Cathy and Mari, you are sweethearts for working so hard on Zorro and checking the others as well. I agree, thou shalt not kill thyselves recapping. Don't do that! We want you well and hearty!

Jeanne (wishing I had time to recap)
 

Jeanne and Cathy wow looks like your theroies were correct. Wow, I am amazed how much thought you guys put into this. Esne is heir to the Spanish crown and FS felt douped by SK who made him think the child was his.
 

Oooh, I haven't watched tonight! Gives me shivers to think what's waiting for me in the VCR!!!! Thanks for the heads up, Mari!

Jeanne
 

welcome, its' really good and drat my dvr didn't take it. Bummer.
 

Thank you for translate :) You are great.
Muchos besos :*
 

isn't it ... escapa con mi amor ?? :S
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder