Friday, April 27, 2007

Destilando Amor, Thursday April 27th

Aaron is finishing up with Ronalda McDonald…trying to plan a long weekend together. She asks, what are you going to tell that nightmare of a wife? He tells her that that’s his problem, she just needs to keep the secret since his wife would kill her if she found out. Minerva’s on the warpath and Gav saves the day by calling up to Aaron. Aaron freaks out and blames Minnie’s paranoia on being pregnant (I don’t remember that symptom). Genoveva tries to tell Minnie as she leaves, but instead gets yelled at for bothering her. Uh oh… Aaron goes down and asks Gav how she knew to let him know about his wife. She has the diplomatic answer that, when a woman comes to ask for him and says Aaron (and dresses like a slut) she figures it’s one of his special friends, but when a woman asks for Sr. Montalvo (and looks like she takes herself seriously) then she knows it’s business.

Isa is making her witchy plans to seduce her husband. Later as she’s cooking, she adds the drops to the soup. She hears the wtich’s voice reminding her to be careful with the dosage or Rodrigo could go crazy. She tells herself that that’s what she wants, for him to go crazy for love for her.

James & Rodriguito are off to buy some agave and James continues to try and flirt with Acacia (who has a very big knife and a crazy look in her eye). Meanwhile, James is trying to make some deal with the dad to live and work there.

Genoveva finally gets to tattle on Aaron and is in the midst of telling Minnie how Aaron had a visit from a tall, red-headed, sexy woman. Aaron interrupts her, yells at her and fires her. Then he tells some other old dude that he’s going to hire Gav to be his secretary. He calls Gav in and tells her the good news, but lets her know he expects her to continue her discreet manner. She tells him that his personal life is his, and as his employee, will respect that. When she leaves his office, she has some words with Genoveva (adios!) and Elvira (bring it on, bitch!).

Rodrigo leaves James at Acacia’s uncle’s ranch. Acacia tells her uncle that she can’t stand stupid James. Later, she brings him some food, and kisses him. He asks her why she plays with him like that, she doesn’t really give a straight answer, but reminds him she already told him that he needs to leave there. Later, the old man yells at her to come to bed…ewwww….

Gav goes home and brings her mom a big bottle of tequila to celebrate her new job. Her mom’s worried that she’s going to be found out. Gav tells her they are going to go look for a new, better, place to live that will match her new position.

Aaron goes home and tells Minnie why Genoveva was fired and who his new secretary is. She’s not happy.

Rodrigo & Isa are eating the spiked soup. He doesn’t like the taste at first, but SanJuana & Isa doctor it up some more so he’ll like it more. That night, Isa goes to visit him in bed, he’s tossing and turning around, imagines that Isa is Gaviota. He says, I love you Gaviota, and Isa says, I’m not Gaviota, he jumps out of bed and freaks out.

Meanwhile, Gav is having a little flashback dream to happier days, when Rodrigo tells her that his heart beats for her, awww….then he disappears and Gav wakes up. They have a little shared feelings, despite the distance, kind of moment. Gav wakes her mom up with her crying. She tells her to go date other people. Gaviota says he can’t, she loves Rodrigo with all her heart.

Hilario is getting a snack…the SOUP!!!...he takes a bite, hates it and then drops it on the floor. Meanwhile, in comes Isa and as he tries to comfort her, she jumps on him and he ends up breaking the cardinal rule of good workers that he’s been spouting all along…don’t screw the boss’ wife.

The next morning, Isa comes to tell Rodrigo that she’s decided to leave him and that he can stay on the farm and wait for Gaviota, since it’s obvious that he will never forget her. Isa gives some dumb speech about how awful it is to live with someone you love, who doesn’t love you back, and how awful it is to live with the fear that some ghost from the past will arrive and take away your loved one.

Hilario is out spraying in the garden, all the while staring up at Isa’s window with puppy dog eyes. He tells his dad that now he knows what love is.

Aaron arrives at the office and sees Gav working in the reception area still. She says she needs to wait until they find a replacement for her. Aaron, says but I need you to take care of some things right now. Gav says, well, then I suggest you put Margarita here because she’s so great and honorable and blah blah blah.

Isa’s going off to the airport and complaining about the fraudulent witch with San Juana. Ramon goes to tell Rodrigo that Hilario is taking Isa to the airport. Rodrigo practically bites his head off. On the way to the airport, Hilario declares his undying love and she tells him that it was a night of stupidity. Isa confronts the witch who tells her, you never told me he was in love with someone else…apparently this will cause all kinds of problems for him and his continued, and now magnified, yearning for Gaviota.

James is chatting peanuts with the farmer guy. Acacia serves coffee with her usual dogged look. He pines over her a little and she watches him from the window of the house.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap. I don't always watch every minute, but I like being able to keep up. So much dramatically overblown stuff in this novela, it's almost irresistable.
 

Hilario just took one bite of that nasty soup, and now he's stuck on that rude, stuck-up woman? That's some potent magic. I hope she didn't put too many drops in.
 

Thanks so much, P.R. , for the great recap. The VCR did not record last night, and it seems like a lot happened in this episode. Well, looks like the Love Potion # 9 backfired and just made HotRod love Gav even more. And that was a quick climb into the secretary's chair for Gav. Now , let's see if she can keep AAron from turning his lustful eyes to her. The whole niece/uncle/James storyline is ver disconcerting. ^^^Susanlynn, happy to know what she missed
 

Susanlynn, is "AAron" a recurring typo (like how I always type "probalby"), or am I missing out on a good pun? Maybe something about batteries? Or Asshats Anonymous? Something like that?
 

Julie: Even if AA for AAron isn't special, I like the batteries idea considering he's always charged and ready for a bit of AC meets DC activity.........
 

I keep hoping that neice is really not a neice after all. I am hoping that we find out that she is not a real relation of any sort, but that Melitón uses that as a cover, or perhaps that although she looks young, she is just small for her age of 20 or 21. I remember my daughter looking 3-4 years younger for her age around that time.
 

Isn't creep niece his missing/dead/sacrificed wife's niece...no maybe not blood incest..but still creepy...WTF am I talking about...even without the incest thing...this is one creepy hacienda.

The girl is like a female Igor..the stature etc...I am still hoping for bad b-movie horror flick
 

sorry for the spelling blooper//"niece"...... Igor is right, and I just don't understand the whole hunch back and youth thing at all.
 

jardinera - I was hoping the same thing - she's not really his niece.

She has the look of an abused animal - head down, no eye contact, etc. Ick, I don't like thinking about it. The living dead.
(Yes, there is such a thing as justifiable homicide in these cases).


Peace, love, out.
 

Dry Gulch Acres creeps me out so much I can barely bring myself to comment on it. I still can't get the image of gloomy Miércoles Addams peering out the window at James outta my head. Even if she's the only boinkable chick around (and she's not) I just don't get his attraction to her.

I LOVED your comments about Genoveva (bring it on) and Elvira. One down, one to go. Elvira is a thief after all.

Ronalda...good one! Great recap P.R. I really enjoyed it.
 

Thanks for a great recap. Just a couple of days ago I thought I liked James. He seemed kinda innocent in a boyish way, so I felt sorry for him competing in a world of grownups. He initially said that he only wanted to be Acacia's friend. So I was hoping that he was going to rescue her from her uncle. But now that he admits that he's attracted to her (don't ask me how or why), and he has slept with her, I've scratched the two of them off my list. I don't know what Acacia's problem is, but I do know that she's a depressing part of an otherwise exciting story.
 

Julie : AAron is not a typo [although I make lots of those at other times because...I have never learned to type...I still hunt-and-peck]. I don't know why I started doing it. I guess I was thinking AssAss, but I do like your idea of AA batteries since AAron is a real Energizer bunny when it comes to the mujeres.
 

Rod is acting like a big baby. His role is so predictable until it's getting monotonous. I like Gavi despite her unbelievable good luck at any plot she dreams up. So, I hope she and Rod find each other soon before he drinks himself to death or before he inflicts further abuse on those guys he has looking for Gavi.
 

I like watching this show too,but sometimes it drags. One day I started searching the net and I found this website that has details of the episodes and they have about two months of episodes that haven't aired in the U.S. (http://www.esmas.com/destilandoamor/)The recaps are in Spanish.
 

Yes, I hope that HotRod gets a grip soon. I don't like the drinking Tequila as a solution to his problems. He reminds me of Manuel when he kicked Matilde out of the hacienda and then locked himself in their bedroom and got stinking ,sloppy drunk despite pleas from Silvano, Sixto, and Padre outside his door. Manuel next took a mistress. Asshat .I hope that HotRod does not sink to those depths. Come on, HotRod...be a real man and be proactive instead of looking for answers in the bottomm of a Tequila bottle.^^^Susanlynn, who knows what real men do in a crisis and it's not drinking and feeling sorry for themselves
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder