Monday, April 02, 2007

La Fea Más Bella #244 4/2/07 I am so tired of all these nitwits.

OK, I'm trying Ferro's idea today and typing as I watch.

Trying to learn how to be an actual secretary, Sara ushers Carloca into Fern's office with exaggerated formality. The cuartel hisses, "the panther goes after her prey!" Fern gyrates to avoid herCarla's advances, puts her on the other side of the table, gives one of her fingers a gingerly kiss. She virtually licks the spot.

"Tell me about last night," she callously begins. "I ended it with Marcia after 4 years. She's still in love with me. Most of the fault for this is mine. I have to admit I'm relieved."

PM bounces into Lety's office with more gossip: Fern is sequestered with Carla in his office. Lety says PM should inform all that there will be a meeting in the board room, with Marcia too. "This is gonna be one hot meeting!" says PM. "Not hot, a hell."

The cuartel is internally divided over the correct amount of time to spend in idle gossip. Some think 95%, some thing only 80% and Sara seems to be temporarily anti-gossip altogether. Code Red is called. Marcia sees them stampede off to the bathroom, where it's decided that for the sin of too much gossip Martha must give her sandwich to Alicia. She does. Alicia eats it.

The board room is tense with Marcia so angry. Lety suggests they not talk about what happened last night, but Marcia points out: "We seem to have a lot of trouble separating business from personal stuff."

Carla and Fern enter. Bitterly Marcia suggests Carla and Lety go at it to decide which of them will end up with Fern. Carla tries to be businesslike and says she'll be reaching 67% of the US market with the commercials - they should have another meeting one week later.

Unable to keep her mind on business, Marcia continues to voice ugly speculations.

Fern is about to say, in front of witnesses, that he loves Lety; he is extremely frustrated that Aldo suddenly enters. He mutters boorishly: "Aldo, you're only here because Andreu is forcing you on us." Aldo and Fern cutely squabble until Lety cuts them off. Carla says she's used to the way men behave.

Tomas approaches Alicia, who is as usuallying blush to her boobs (does she not have nipples any longer, since her plastic surgery?) and asks if she's paid her bill and gotten her cellphone back -- cause he needs his. She says, "No, the debt is unpayable, I'll need yours for at least another month." "Uh, well and then you'll give it back?" "I'm certainly not promising anything, but I'll do what I can..."

"... Oh, and Tomas, I have something to ask. My father promised to help me buy a car as good as the one I had, the one I lost forever." (Sobs and hams it up.)

"Oh, no Alicititita, the car, my car, your car, our car, your car, is at your disposal when you need it." She pumps her fist in victory. "No, Tomas, that can't be true -- because I need my car ALL the time, to go to work to go home, to ..." "Alicia, what a lack of confidence! I'll bring you and pick you up!" She agrees, patting his wispy tuft, and he shouts quietly, I have a chica!"

Carla's leaving for NY in the morning. Omar wants to move in on her; Fern cuts him off. What did this mean: "He's worse then Kekim of the tele." ?? The two of them fight and fall over each other trying to grab the tapes to give to Carla. Fern (or maybe Omar) falls into the Rubbertree plant.

Lety and Aldo meet over her desk. She's wondering if, now that Fern is free, Carla will take him to live in NY?

Coincidentally, outside Conceptos Carla is strongly proposing this idea to Fern at the very same moment. Fern says, though: "I still love Lety." "That's not what I wanted to hear." "In other circumstances ... I would have loved making out with you, you're incredibly sexy ... Carla, you are the first woman in my life with whom I have been completely honest. Adios."

They kiss - a little more passionately than Fern had intended. Celso watches and then intervenes. Carla: "I'd rather have you as a friend than stop seeing you altogether." She leaves. Celso: "Man to man, who could turn that down?"

Lety write the usual in her diary, concluding: "I want to go back to the beach with Aldo. [Flashbacks to their moonlit horseback ride.] Things are simpler there."

Fern comes back in from saying goodbye, he's whistling and dancing. Omar whispers: "There's lipstick on your mouth..." He drags Fern into their den where he proceeds to interrogate vigorously as Martha crouches outside listening.

Fern repeats patiently, over and over, that absolutely nothing happened with Carla, not in NYC, not at her hotel the previous night, no champagne. Omar fantasizes about champagne, looking Carla in the eyes, kissing like crazy, peeling off her little clothes... "When we were little we told each other everything - when we played Doctor..." Fern ignores him and sweetly prunes his bonsai tree as Omar scolds.

When Fern continues to say NADA happened, Omar says, "She is too much woman for you!" "No, I may be a little out of the game, but that's not it. She's a good friend and that's all." "Has Luigi infected you?"

Fern talks about being in love and Martha really wants to hear who he's in love with, but Sara appears. The cuartel decides: for Lety's own good, they will cause her to think Fern's in love with Carla - so she'll then give up on him and give in to Aldo.

(Omar: "You haven't had sex with anybody since Lety, it isn't normal." And finally a moment of brilliant clarity: "All the world knows you love the gargolita, now you need to tell HER!" "I said I'd leave her alone." "How long? Until Aldo convinces her and carries her away?")

Alicia bursts into Marcia's office to demand a gossip debriefing and to increase Marcia's misery. Marcia is hopeful: Lety is jealous of Carla so she won't give Fern another chance - Marcia will be able to win him back. "Where's your dignity? He said he doesn't love you!" Marcia plots: "Lety will leave here with empty hands, she won't have the business and she won't have Fernando."

Tomas wakes Lety from her daydreams and drags her to his office to figure out if there's enough dough to pay the first installment. Guess what, there isn't! Because Luigi's production costs are ridiculously high! Lety blames herself...

As the cuartel stampedes off to the bathroom for yet another Code Red, Fern overhears them say: "... plan of Lety and Aldo!" So he crouches to listen at the bathroom door and the golden circle of goodbye catches him in that undignified position.

Labels:


Comments:
did anyone notice that PM's hairstyle magically changed ? when she was inside Lety's office it was the expo-super frizzy special look- she stepps out and talks to alicia and magically it's back to the way it normally looks

(they shot the scenes on different days and didnt think anyone would notice)
 

I watch LaFea on Univision and all day the spanish captions were off. I can understand a liitle more with
the captions - so thank you thank you for the
recap. I know in soap operas and novelas misunderstandings and all sorts of things come in
the way of couples getting together but tonight it
was excrutiating. Fern tells Omar - Marta doesn't
hear the end - He tries to tell them in the board room
but Also comes in. He tell Carla and nobody hears.I'm, just a romantic wainting for that kiss'
.
 

Thanks for the recap. All I can say is I cannot wait until tomorrow's episode!!! Someone said that Lety shouldn't be leaving her diary out for anyone to see and it's finally going to happen (not that I approve of reading another person's diary, but this is tv).

I didn't think it was possible for Marcia to be even more of a harpy shrew, but she proved me wrong.

Again, shocking when Omar speaks with reason. However, I doubt that Fer will listen since they need to extend this novela for some more weeks and Omar's advice in the past has had such great success. :-)
 

Was it just me or was anyone else upset by the kiss? Fernando didn't even stop until Celso intervened. To me, it seemed like he kissed her back because he didn't push her away... and he leaned into her. Did you guys notice the leaning too? I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it. I was ruiting for Fernando all this time, but I was kinda mad when he didn't push Carloca away. In the previews they show him crying... aww!

Esther
 

I think Fern just got carried away by the kiss. It was a very nice kiss I have to admit! I have really been missing Fern's kisses!!!!
I have a feeling Carla will be back but to me she is a nothing character.
Marcia is completely crazy and obsessed. It seems she will stop at nothing.
Funny Melinama about Alicia's surgery. I was wondering the same thing myself. There seems to be no end to the amount she can show.
Luigi is ridiculous and Lety even more so for going along with his excesses. I wonder how she will now solve the money dilemma?

Carrie L.
 

Thanks for the recap...yes nitwits covers it.
Not wanting to start a bitterness fest..I can see Marcia's point. I wouldn't be thrilled with Lety either (just sayin, even if I was a crazed jealous psycho)...

Now about the company, Yeh, Lety it is your fault, you were supposed to be in charge..your have the wonderful degrees, but let's see you put Tomas in there who is like a pervy thirteen year old voyuer & Pops, who we never see. You knew about Luigi and his spending. Also Aldo was supposed to be the big swingin ****, oh but he got his book out so I guess that is what counts. You can't blame Fer or Marcia for the distractions cause they were gone for 20 days. Maybe if Lety actually paid attention instead of getting creepy groped by Aldo, she would have noticed more. Oh and great call on the all expense Mantasy Island vacation for Luigi.

Now once again, Lety wants to cut and run. Can't she just suck it up for a couple of months, talk like a big girl, tell Mr. Manos that groping should not be done at work, stay out of the bathroom with her best friends and get the job done?
 

I was amused by the Incredible Shrinking Hairdo as well.
Is it just me, or does Aldo get farther away from his Dances with Lobsters persona the more time he spends at Conceptos?
 

Aldo is scarey. His facial expressions are of an angry person and he displays this more frequently anymore. Also I was upset that fern did not move away from Carla. A quick kiss would have been sufficient. Can't figure that out. but it seems that he screws up every time he wants to prove his love for lety. This time, his actions with carla in front of all.
 

I also noticed PM's hairstyle change. Lety's pencils on her desk changed as well. I watch this novela just about every day. My husband (who doesn't speak english) loves it too. He laughs just cause I am laughing. Can't help it, they are all great actors/actresses.I read this everyday. I want to thank all the recapppers for doing this day by day.
Love all of you guys!!!!
 

I'm with Beckster on this one (except for the Aldo part, I still like him). Everyone keeps telling Lety she deserves to be president, yet she's not even capable of keeping tabs on the company's bills, or on her CFO to ensure HE'S keeping tabs on the bills. She definitely doesn't deserve the job. I know it's not a telenovela without drama, but that's a storyline they really shouldn't have started since it only makes Lety look worse.
 

I watch this novela just about every day. My husband (who doesn't speak english) loves it too.

I meant my husband who does not speak
**spanish**

OOps.
 

I thought they said Luigi fudged the numbers on his budgets (we could call it "pullin' a Lety") and that's why they were surprised by the numbers.

But I could be wrong and I admit I didn't pay too much attention. For me, the main excitement last night was great historic handoff of food from Martha to Alicia. (I was cooking during the show last night - can you tell?)
 

Thanks for those who answered my questions on Mexican novelas.

As I was born in Africa, I have been interested in the differences of the development of that continent compared to Mexico and other countries. For those who are interested, Africa was colonized between the middle of the seventeenth century by the Dutch, Portuguese and British. The bulk of the colonization took place as late as the 1870's with colonization by the French, English, Germans, Italians and Belgians. Decolonozation only took place after 1960. In a way the end of the colonial period came in 1994 with a democratic government in S.A. with Mandela as president. This ended a conflict which was caused by an attempt at mandatory separation called Apartheid.

Africa has been left with some good governments but many tyrants and regional ethnic conflict and warfare. South Africa has some great wealth but some terrible slums and high unemployment. In Johannesburg, it is typical to live behind large walls with electronic devices which indicate any type of intrusion. There is a lot of car jacking and violent crime. I hope for better times in the future.

I intend to visit Mexico and South America - once my Spanish improves :).

I enjoy Fea - but also make use of the mute button during the ads and the cuartel.
 

The kiss didn't bother me too much. Yeah, he should've pulled away sooner, but there wasn't any passion there. It kinda looked like those hallmark kissing bears that have the magnets in the mouth.

As for the money problems, I wouldn't be surprised if Aldo offers to cover the balance. He would be for Lety and to hold something over Fern.

So, the infamous diary will be read for a second time. She really needs to get a lock for that thing. Let's just hope that Fern uses the info wisely.
 

I watch La Fea with a dictionary on my lap and the closed captions on. Enjoy your recaps. Watched Betty La Fea when it was on. I enjoyed the cuartel much more on the Colombian version and really cared about them. The Mexican version has made them be a bunch of ridiculous women. By the way, I am 85 years old. Roz
 

I was disappointed that Fern let that kiss linger, but I agree there was no passion in it……did not really look like he was moving his lips any. It would probably be in character for a guy with Fern’s reputation to think about taking the kiss further, maybe that was what was happening. Someone other than Aldo needs to save the day. Would love to see Lety figure it out on her own. (The $ problem.) The recap said “Carla tries to be businesslike and says she'll be reaching 67% of the US market with the commercials - they should have another meeting one week later.” I hope this does not mean we have to see her again. Maybe her job as a go-go dancer will keep her from making the trip.

Teresa
 

to Teresa: (" Maybe her job as a go-go dancer will keep her from making the trip.") hahaaaahaaaaa

to Alex: "Dances with Lobsters" gigglegiggle giggle giggle

/mab

To Lynne: I responded to your comment "Mas... can't even spell it. I come from Africa and am interested in differences in culture. Tue Apr 03, 06:06:00 AM" in the Fri 3/30 comment area (under yours).
 

Beckster is spot on. Lety is on her last legs with me. She is no more capable of running Conceptos them I am of climbing Everest. She has degrees up the wazoo but no sense. She's let Dr. Phil interfere with her time and reasoning, she paid no attention even when Luigi was throwing a hissy fit over the budget. Aldo should offer to throw in some bucks since he is the only one who really stands to profit from the whole deal.

The kiss bugged me but as has been noted there was no real feeling behind it. I think Fern might have been momentarily curious but now knows his goose is cooked and Lety is the only one for him. His watering his plant while talking to his over-sexed 15 year old buddy Omar was completely endearing.

All of a sudden half the cuartel develops some kind of ethics about actually working - shocking! But naturally they miss the tail end of a conversation and continue on with their insane plan to cause problems between Lety and Fern. I wonder if they would be so all hell fired het up to make a Lety /Aldo match if they knew how much Fern loves her?

Sure doesn't take much to make parrot head Tomas happy. Or for that matter Oxi. A few nice words from her to him and a sandwich for her.
 

Ay drated Aldo arrives at a key moment when Fern would have shocked Lety to the soles of her feet by telling the viper Marcia and Carloca, YET AGAIN, that he loves Lety. Even our clueless heroine had the feeling that he was going to say something important when Aldo arrived.

I'm like a few other around here getting sick and tired of her waffling around. She lacks guts and the courage to fight for what she wants. Aldo is nothing but a crutch for her and at times I think she deserves to spend the rest of her life with the preaching bore. He can finally get back to cooking and spend his time filling her up with food so she won't do a flit on him like Leonore did. Fern deserves someone who can love him and have fun with him and this stuffed up full of herself businesswoman just isn't it.

Diane
 

Pleas, please would someone glue the cuartel to their chairs and put a gag in their mouths. Oh and buy PM a skirt that fits and a top that covers her navel. I swear that as soon as we get shots of them gathering together like a flock of squawking chickens the hair on the back of my neck stands up. The estimated time I'm going to have to endure them is just 9 weeks but I'm likely to pull my hair out before then if they keep the constant focus on these useless women.

Interesting previews- Will Lety run away, again (naturally) and while I have a huge ethical problem with Fern reading her diary I want something to spur some action on the show. He is sure to be hurt once again in realizing how deeply he hurt Lety while she blithely goes on not knowing how she also hurt him.
 

Melinama, thanks for the terrific recap! Great editorials, too (as always)!

"All the world knows you love the gargolita, now you need to tell HER!" "I said I'd leave her alone." "How long? Until Aldo convinces her and carries her away?" This has to be the single bit of logical discourse that has ever come out of Omar’s mouth. The question is, will Fern realize it’s wisdom and pay attention? It’s not like he’s used to wisdom from Omar or anything….

What’s up with that kiss? I think cagey Carloca put a vacuum lock on Fern. He couldn’t get unglued. But, still, it’s fodder for the chisme machine.

Jeanne
 

Jeanne,

The kiss will only be fodder for the chisme machine if Celso mentions it and I don't remember him being into gossip. Frankly I get sick and tired of all the swooning and tsk, tsking over a simple kiss. I mean after all this is the 21st century. I'm not crazy about casual hooking up but all this angst over a bland kiss is too over the top for this modern woman.
 

I agree. It was a goodbye kiss more than anything else. And he was probably thinking about Lety the whole time.
 

Does anyone know if someone is doing recaps for the new novella 'Dame Chocolate' on Telemundo? If so, where may I find them?
 

Jeez it was a kiss not an injection of XY swimmers...At least he sent her on her way, unlike someone else, I shall not mention.
 

As for the money, if they cannot make the payment this month with all the work they did. I am curious to see what they will do for the next 2 months. Maybe they are counting on some continued spin-off from the Gast Tourism.
 

All I kept thinking was omg! Lety sent Luigi on an all expense paid vacation. Can you imagine the bill he's gonna run up? She didn't even check to see if they could afford a gajillion dollar vacation for The Diva. She should be pinching those pesos until they scream to get out of debt pronto.
 

Lynne,

Your story is very interesting, as is the history about South Africa. Is that the part of Africa where you were born or was it in another country? I'm really into different cultures as well. It's always fun to get an insider's perspective as opposed to reading in a history book!
 

estoy de acuerdo con anon 4:20! I can't believe she sent him off on that trip without a second thot to the dinero. And the enabling! Caray!
 

Anon 2:50 You're right, Celso doesn't contribute chisme.

Jeanne
 

I'm sure with Decie girl and Lety's ineptitude in running the business. Knowing that they had a 30 day deadline and a set amount to be paid she should have been on it every single day and had Tomas on it as well but no she is sulking over Fern, mooning over the guru and Tomas has his head so buried in Oxi's cleavage it is wonder he can breath. And where was Robopop who is supposed to be keeping an eye on things? Luigi is sure to blow more bucks on his undeserved vacation and Lety anf Aldo better come up with a way to get the money they need before they take off on a trip to Acapulco. The mere thought that he would even suggest it and she would even consider bailing on Conceptos yet again sickens me. I've never watched a novela in my life where I've come to detest the lead female as much as this one. They usually annoy you for a while but she has gone beyond the pale lately. There sure isn't much to root for as far as I am concerned.

Terri
 

Man, I wish I spoke Spanish. I'm captive to the recaps (which I love, you guys are hilarious!). Aldo suggested they go back to Acapulco? I know Lety wrote something like that in her diary, but unfortunately that's all I understood. If I'm gonna keep watching this stuff, I'd better sign up for Berlitz. ;o}
 

The 2011 discussion for Capitulos 243 & 244 is at this link.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder