Monday, April 02, 2007

Destilando Amor 04/02/07 "Just When You Thought It Couldn't Get Any Worse"

We pick back up with Gavi in "Spagetti Warehouse" Paris, she tells the good hearted and not a perv, Don Venuto her tale of woe. Don V, offers her a place to stay, no strings attached. He shows her to a nice comfortable room, with a door you can bolt from the inside.

Meanwhile, over in London, Aaron makes his statement that basically if Rod doesn't like the ladies, he can explore other options. I know this is totally non PC, but seriously I was thinking the same thing last week, before he sowed his oats in the Agave Fields. Anyway the boys are wailin on each other, Rod is on top...choke hold and forces Aaron to cry "Uncle". Rod picks up his books (he always has books, he is such a good boy) and goes off to his room. Aaron punches a few pieces of funiture.

The next day, Don Venuto is walking down the street singing in Italian, he enters the Spagetti Warehouse & goes to the kitchen, Gavi is doing dishes and he presents her with a ticket to London, plus some dinero & I think some clothes. This guy is just too good. At the airport the Don tutors her on London, he tells her about the Universities, try Cambridge and Oxford and if that doesn't work, try Hogwarts. (nah not really). But she practices saying Cambridge & Oxford & our little heroine is ready to find her baby Daddy.

We also get some scenes of a gull flying around the Eiffel...subtle, the gull flying freely..okay I get it.

Now in Mexico Granny Pilar is having coffee with Roberto, he talks about the fine name of Montalvo in the tequila business, Granny Pilar plans to spend the rest of her life with the kids and grandkids, and maybe in her free time get a little work done around her eyes.

Now at an aeropuerto, Rod's padres, Felipe and Constanza, plan to get on the family jet. I think they are going to see Daniela in her big Broadway debut. We see the plane take off, it is an awesome jet, working in the aviation field I can tell you these folks are loaded.

Back to London, Gavi is in a University asking if they have a Rodrigo Montalvo registered there.
Meanwhile we are getting a PSA about give a hoot don't pollute, those crazy Europeans, the next thing you know, they'll try and tell us Global Warming is real. Anyhow, the receptionist is speaking English with a heavy Spanish accent, yet she is trouble communicating with Gavi. Finally Gavi gets it that Rod is not a student there. She goes out to the streets and wanders around, we see Big Ben & some statue I should probably know but don't. There is Rod like 1/2 a block behind her, he puts a pop-bottle in a recycle bin, & we get the second part of the PSA, they have one for plastics, one for paper and so on. Rod is walking around and feeling a strange sensation, hee hee hee, young love. Gavi is on one corner and he is on the opposite...she calls his name, Rod chuckles to himself, thought bubbles, "Now I hear her voice". I'm all like AssHat look up it's Gavi, like I didn't see this already and know what's coming. Once again physics and fate drop an Anvil on me, you can't change destiny. Gavi runs out in the street, she is barely missed by one car, & Smack...in a collision that would put Wiley Coyote to shame, she is flipped up in the air, somersauts a couple of times and smack back down on the pavement. Rod sees someone got hurt but he can't see her face. At this point three judges on the side walk give Gavi a 10, a 9.5 and another 10. Okay Okay I made that up, crowds rush towards her, one is a Nun.
This makes me very thankful that after the dark years of the Reformation, Catholicism was once again allowed in England. Rod is going to go look, but his phone rings. It is his Uncle, oh all the fates have turned against him, his parents have died in an airplane crash, Rod rushes off to return to Mexico, never knowing his gull just got her wings clipped.

In Mexico, Bruno hangs up with Rod, his wife Fedra, is doing some serious eye-rolling, she thinks this whole funeral thing is going to be a buzz-kill.

The cop on the street tells the Nun he thinks Gavi is dead.
Cut to the hospital...Gavi has multiple fractures, the doctor says she is strong, but he doubts she'll live thru the nite. If she does she needs an operation, there is a cervical problem. I'm not sure if they are referring to the female cervix or the neck, but whatever it is, the problem is muy grave.

Now we are in a funeral home in Mexico, Bruno & the lovely Fedra de Ville are there with Daniella. There are two coffins (open) and this really confuses me, cause it was a jet crash, I'm not really sure there would be much to put in them, but anyway, Daniella is quite overcome. Bruno is trying to steady everyone, Daniella, his mother, while his ever supportive wife, Fedra is smirking in the background.

Sofie, Rod and Aaron come in, Sofie and Rod proceed to go to the coffins crying and looking into the coffins. After some sobbing Rod says he is going to stay in Mexico. Fedra then pressures Aaron to say he too will stay. Minnnnnnnnerrrrrva comes in and Fedra, puts the heat on telling Minnie to get Aaron to stay. Now, Isadora, Minnie's bestest evah friend comes in and takes one look at Rod who is coffin gazing and is all like "Me likey, Me wantey", she tells Minnie she is hawt for the Rod. I just gotta say here, I find this Isadora chick rather disturbing, she is like what a Barbie doll would look like if she was life size and Mattel made the "Trophy Whore Barbie", her hair is kinda that creepy plastic looking hair too. Aaron remarks to his father that he wants to stay in Mexico and handle the business from DF while his father handles the New York side, his father say no forget it, it seems Bruno is a bit leary of Aaron.

Okay back at "Grey Coat Hospital", Gavi makes it thru the night, the Nun begs the doctor to operate. Whatever he operated on, it was a sucess & Gavi is rolled to a room with her arm and leg in casts.

Now back in Mexico they are putting these little wooden boxes on a shelf in a room. I don't know, maybe it is the remains, maybe that is all that was left...maybe those boxes were what was in the coffins. Ugggg I'll never know & I thought I paid pretty good attention during "Six Feet Under", but this one baffled me. I mean couldn't they have just buried them under the Tequila Tree with Gramps?

One month later......
Clara is visiting the Tequilla plantation, she has come to ask Roman if there is a letter from Gavi, but Roman says no. She can't understand why and Roman tells her Rod's parents died in a plane crash and he is in Mexico City...Oh No, Where is Gavi?

Clara goes to find the pervy creepy photographer that started this whole overseas debacle, she bangs on his door, but no answer. The nosy neighbor lady "Mrs. Roper", comes down and Clara asks her if she knows where the man is & that he set her daughter up as a model in Europe. Mrs. Roper laughs in her face and says her daughter is a "golfa" which I believe to indicate she is a whore & she is working at a whore house. Well them's fighting words, the fight is on, much to the delite of all the neighborhood nacos & nacas, who are watching. Two men try to separate them but to no avail.

The Nun is sitting by Gavi (who looks pretty good), but she has been in a coma for a month, the Nun calls her by her passport name which is like MariAngela or something.

Aaron and Minnnnnnerrrrrva are at what looks to be the "Club", she is yammering on about the wedding, Aaron looks so thrilled, Minnie tells him that ole Isadora is enamoured with Rod & Aaron is like good luck with that, she will only be disappointed and I'm not talking about his table manners, but Minnie isn't gonna take no for an anwser.

Back in Mexico, Rod is talking to Daniella & Sofie the parasite. Sofie says he has to be responsible for their fortune. She thought bubbling impregnate someone, anyone, I can't do manual labor...that reminds me of Mr. James, her english ex. Clara did ask Roman about going to see Mr. James, but Roman said he was all over the country side trying to learn the finer points of Tequila, maybe he is hold up in some sleazy hotel with a bottle and a chick named Rosa, after Sofie it would be a well deserved vacation.

Care of the land was passed from Felipe to Rod and he is going home in March to see to the land...a knowing glance passes between he and Daniella, she knows he is going home to see Gavi.

Aaron is trying to drag Rod out of the house, but Rod says no, but Aaron pulls him along, Minnie steps out of a car and Rod says hello, then the dead painted chick from "GoldFinger", steps out of the car, no I'm wrong it is Trophy Whore Barbie, or Isadora if you want to be PC. I dunno I think maybe Rod is a little impacto, but not much.

Back at the hospital Gavi opens her eyes, I think she sensed TWB was sniffin around her man.
She is dazed and confused, the Nun calling her by her passport name, starts asking questions..she remembers that she is in London and says she was looking for her baby Daddy, Rod...She remembers the accident..yep now I have seen it three times, she's up, a near perfect flip, ah she needs to work on that descent. The Nun tells her she has been out for a month. Gavi asks about the baby and the Nun tells her she lost the baby. Gavi wails in despair...
So let's see yes, in the matter of like a few months Rod has lost his virginity, grandfather, both parents, & his child & his beloved Gavi is missing...
The End

Then the recap before the previews and guess what...I get to see Gavi airborne again.

A special shout out to England and Universal Health Care...Good job well done.

Labels:


Comments:
Hey Beckster,

Thanks for the recap and the laughs. Isodora's new name must be Trophy Whore Barbie (TWB)!! So much death yet you've made it so funny.

Karen
 

Good work, I like your Trophy Whore Barbie thing better than what I was working on, which was: only transvestites wear wigs like that.
 

Terrific, beckster! I can always count on you to get my Tuesdays off to a good start. I was thinking of the extruded plastic manes and tails of those little unicorn pink ponies so popular a decade ago. Someone help me here, cause I'm having a senior moment trying to remember thoses dolls' name.
Hey, could the Green Party's ecomessage have been any more in your face than that? Couldn't they have at least cut that out when televising this novela for First World viewers?
 

Great and funny recap, Beckster! Just loved your descriptions for the characters--TWB, especially.

Oh, Jardinera, those were called "my little ponies". They came with combs, too. TWB's hair DOES look like that. Becky T.
 

What an incredible stroke of luck that Gavi just happened to pass out in front of the very nicest man in all of Paris. Maybe he's her long-lost father. ;-)

Speaking of luck, when I turned the TV on I saw Rodrigo on top of Aaron and was wondering if Rodrigo had decided to test out Aaron's theory (about Rod needing to explore other options) on Aaron personally.

I would have given Gavi's hood-flip only a 4.0 at best. It was graceful enough, but she didn't tuck her head and there was no symmetry at all.

Going by the x-ray, I'd guess the problem was her cervical vertebrae (the neckbones).

As for Mrs. Roper, she sure picked a hell of a time to start talking.

Trophy Whore Barbie works for me. (As a nickname, I mean - not as an employee.)

I thought the recycling thing was weird too. Was that message meant for the benefit of Mexicans traveling to London, or what?
 

Haven't we seen this novela before? Young woman with fetus/baby goes off to find the man she loves, loses fetus/baby, meets a restaurant owner etc, etc? I'm just sayin'. Now my senior moment decides to hit in the middle of this comment. Can't remember the name of the novela with Unibrow.
 

Beckster. Thanks for the laughs. Let's see...where to begin??? My Little Pony/Trophy Whore Barbie???---Recycling is good???---No, let's start with my favorite part of the novela---Rodrigooooo!!! I was happy for the replay of him stranging AAron. I think Eduardo must have done some wresting in his lifetime. Well done, Rodrigooo. I hope that we will be seeing some more of him assaulting AAron in future episodes. And, if I could have chosen a wife for AAron, it would have been none other than the lovely Minerva [Chantal Andere]. Just looking at her puts me in a bad mood. Minnie will be a perfect match for old AAron. I'm glad that Isadora has joined the mix. The hunt is on. She has hit the ground running after Rodrigooo. I hope that ONH has the good sense to have none of it, but maybe she'll pull a Jos and drug him. All I can tell her is that it will take a lot of meds to drop this big dude. I watched my hubby on mucho meds for a pinched nerve make a 2day drive home from Florida. Big guys are not easy to medicate. TWW may have to get one of those animal tranquilizer guns if she is really determined to have her way with him. I wonder how long Gaviata will stay in London, and how long they will keep our 2 lovebirds apart.^^^Susanlynn, reluctantly leaving for work
 

Sylviaaaaa~~~Auxilio!!! My maldito cable went out halfway through Bailando on Sunday night! Did you watch it??? I missed the Lambada The Forbidden Dance!!! `~~Susanlynn , muy impactada
 

Great Recap, Beckster.
I think the little boxes were the remains of the cremated parents, after everyone had looked into their coffins I hope.
Did anyone notice Don Venuto, the kindly restauranteur who helped Gavi was the friend of Lucero's husband in Albarado. We keep meeting old friends.
 

Wow, Gaviota lost the baby! Not a surprise but bummer, now Aaron is back in the running.

Hilarious recap Beckster, thanks!

Susanlynn, I too was thwarted in my attempt to watch Bailando. My friend Maria gave me a brief rundown...after being "sentenced" (put on probation) last week, Iran and Romeo ended up tied for first place overall with Jacqui and Josue. (That means Iran and Romeo won the dance-off so Carlos and his partner were eliminated). Maria said most everybody did a good job on the Lambada but Susana and Enrique did the best. She said the Lambada wasn't nearly as "forbidden" or as sleazy as the Reggaeton so it was a bit of a letdown. Liz Vega got tired of Ema always judging her harshly and she finally popped off at Ema. The two couples who got "sentenced" at the end of the show were Julio/Juliana and Angelique/Jonathan.
 

thank you beckster!

i nearly fell in love with don venuto yesterday (ps: i thought it was Benvenuto?)...! what a nice man, he just won me over! nothing compared to his role in alborada...

susalynn, try finding the clips of balando on youtube... you may be able see some of the dancing...:)
 

tash,
you are right about the name...trying to read CC & write at the same time...
 

Thanks, Sylvia, I knew that I could count on you!!! I knew that you would have my back , amiga. Tell your friend that I appreciate the recap. And, thanks, Tash--I never thought of looking on Youtube...good idea. Sylvia--by the way, have you looked at the many, many clips of ''Amor Real'' on youtube??? There are lots of scenes that were NOT in the shortened version of the telenovela. Also, the actual ending of the telenovela was much different [and better] than the shortened version's finale. We get to see Manuel and Matilde and their family and friends healthy and happy and together....and dancing in the streets. [shout out to David Bowie!!] You can see that on youtube, too. You must take a peek at these youtube scenes because they have some great love scenes that were not in the version you bought. Also, Sylvia, you MUST start watching ''Destilando'' because Rodrigooo [Eduardo Yanez] is the first hombre since FC who makes me take a second look!^^^Susanlynn, always trying to share the love and be a giver
 

I was actually catching Destilando during commercials and I hope that mess with the sleazy photographer doesn't make a reunion between the lovebirds difficult.

I am actually curious to see how the story moves now that Aaron is back in the running.

ayy susanlynn your comments always have me smiling. The conversations about Bailando, Lambada and Liz Vega got me curious so I tunned in. I saw the Liz Vega and Ema clash as well as the krumping (I must be behind the times because have never heard/seen that before) and the Lamabada (wow that takes me back).
 

mari pacheco~~Do you like ''Bailando?'' The first and only time I heard of ''Crumping??krumping??'' was on ''Mad TV''--and I thought that it was a joke! I wish that I could have seen Lis telling off Ema...she is always giving lower scores than the rest of the judges. I've known teachers like Ema They pride themselves on giving low grades and being tough. One of my friends was a Advanced Placement English teacher whose students put up a quote from Dante's Inferno over the doorway to her room -''Abandon hope all ye who enter here.'' I'd like to see Ema dance and have the contestants score her performance. !!!~~~Susanlynn, working on some forbiden dance moves
 

Susanlynn, you are a great giver, your comments make me laugh every time.

I don't think that was a real "french man" because he was way to nice.

Also, it seems that our hunk of love - Rodrigo, should've given his fiance a little more than a watch before he left for a year. I mean, a phone number, phonecard, or even preposted envelopes would've been thoughtful. You know, in case of emergency, or pregnancy. For being so smart, he couldn't figure a method of communication with the love of his life-- just see ya in a year. Sheesh....
jb
 

Beckster you got me by surprise, your comments are so creative and funny that I’m glad I wasn’t eating anything when I was reading or I would have spilled my food all over. Keep up the good job. Anonymous 3:53 I don’t think Mr. Benvenuto was French I think he was an Italian living in France.
Maricruz
 

Unibrow telenovela = "Barrera de Amor"?

Great recap, nicely done!

Susannah in CA
 

That's right, it was Barrera de Amor.

Susanlynn, thanks for the Amor Real tips. I will try to catch some of the show, especially the ending, on youtube. I liked the Amor Real DVD, but the editing wasn't that great. What I really want to do is re-watch it and do some fill-in from youtube. Did you see La Parodia last Saturday? I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. My sis and I finally finished Alborada, the editing was much better than AR and I also think they did some sound improvements for the DVD. I seem to remember the sound being much worse when I watched it on TV. We loved the bloopers, especially Arturo Peniche walking out with a face drawn on the front of his undies. I thought Lucero would die laughing! We haven't yet watched the interview with Carla Estrada.

I like Destilando Amor a lot, unfortunately it comes on at the same time as Zorro and I'm not willing to skip any of those episodes (yet). IF (big if)I'm home at 9:00 then I can watch DA while Zorro is recording, but it seems I'm never home in time.
 

susanlynn, it was kinda cool, I can watch it again. When I heard the announcer say krumping, I thought it was a joke, I was like what?! and after watching I still don't get it. Ema was criticizing Liz's krumping.
 

Oh, thanks Maricruz. That explains why Mr Benvenuto was so nice!
jb
 

>>... our hunk of love - Rodrigo, should've given his fiance a little more than a watch before he left for a year. I mean, a phone number, phonecard, or even preposted envelopes would've been thoughtful. You know, in case of emergency, or pregnancy.<<

jb --that comment was worth a hoot and a half!
 

Becky T. -- Thanks for the assist. My little ponies..... did they have any in yellow like Isa? or just pinks and blues?
 

Ah Beckster...u are good at this,there was the TWB which had me laughing so hard and when i saw this "Well them's fighting words". LOL!
 

Sylvia~~I loved the ''Alborada'' bloopers. My favorite was Fernando, Lucero, and Antonio trying to all tape their ''gracias'' spot together . Fernando tried to direct. I enjoyed Lucero's explanation after they finally taped it that ''It sounds like we're saying thank you, but not really.'' I also got a kick out of Fernando joining in on the group spanking for Marcelo, and his reaction to some of Lucero's antics. It must have been an interesting group. ''Destilando''s great . We get to see Rodrigooo push AAron a lot. It's enjoyable. ~~~Susanlynn
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder