Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Destilando 6/13: in which, happily, we are treated to some more kisses before the anvil drops.

The first fifteen minutes: total reruns!
  • Gigolo Frankie and Isa in their luxury hotel (he doling out fakely passionate kisses and slobbering, she doling out lots of efectivo, which I think is a great word for cold cash). At the end, she says she has to go home, he can stay longer if he likes, he can't take her to the airport 'cause somebody might see. "But I'll need..." suggests Smarmy, reaching for her purse. She shakes out a pile of shekels with a disgusted look. As she leaves he counts the cash happily.
  • Minerva stamps around telling everybody Isa picked the wrong time to go on vacation, because Rod took advantage of her absence to run off with Mariana/Gav.
  • Aaron tells Patricio, "enough already of your scruples, get with the program," and mutters to himself that the investigations Rod and Mariana are making in the ports are costing Aaron dearly - he's having to hold back his illegal shipments, he can't release them till Rodrigo is back in the city.
  • Also rerun: Pamela shocked at the idea of having Aaron's child, Minerva's wonderful scene with the pillow under her nightie, Dani leaving Pilar's house because of the "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?" scene and Pilar's subsequent unyielding racism.
On the island, I'm happy to report lots of lovely photogenic frolicking in the surf. Rod pouts at the idea of going back to the city - he can't face the mess - Gaviota, adorable in her hat, the voice of reason and responsibility, says they have to deal with his family and the corporation.

Finding out about Amador's will, Gav decides she and Rod should keep things under wraps for a while - she is afraid of Aaron's reaction, and of the wildwomen Isa and Minerva. "Let's wait for the right moment. Tomorrow is the last day of the year - I'm sure your family wants you with them." Rod cries, he's terrified something ugly is going to happen (is that the sound of anvils?).

Gav says they can't go back on the same airplane. Rodrigo watches her leave and sobs with terrible foreboding. He's doing what she commanded, but he doesn't agree with it. "When you told me to go back to England to finish my postgraduate studies, I did as you suggested, and look what happened!" "It won't happen again, nobody will separate us," she reassures him, but of course since we've all seen a lot of tv and movies we know that's the comment made just prior to separation.

After she's gone, he pokes at the sand with a stick saying her name over and over.

Isa gets back to her apartment, opens the door and instantly snaps at the maid. She's disturbed to hear Rod is still AWOL. She calls Elvira who report happily: neither Rod nor Mariana has resurfaced nor called for quite a while. She then calls Minerva, who says "You're losing ground with the family. You have to be with us tonight, forget the idea of going to your parents." Isa says she'll wait for Rod and asks: "Do you think he's run off with Mariana?"

Poor simple Clarita is praying at her altar when Gav shows up, happy and excited, talking a mile a minute as she enters the apartment, announcing: "I'm going to live with Rodrigo."

Ma nearly faints but is revived by Gav's reassurance that all three of them will live together. "It will take some time to work a lot of things out. We'll live on Manzanilla Island." Poor patient Italian Bennie cooks them dinner while Gav burbles on about Rodrigo.

Isa and Minerva call to see if Rod's home yet. After Gav says, "Oh, I thought he'd be back tonight," they hang up. This reminds Clara - an elegant lady came by, while Gav was at the beach, wondering where she was. Didn't leave a name...

Gav announces they're staying home tonight - no more drinking bouts for Clara - and no TV either! - but Clara insists on TV, because it's the final night of her soap opera [I forget the name] "and it's just like your story - they're so in love, they've suffered so much - but in the end, they're happy - he's like Rod, handsome and rich, she's like you, pretty and humble..." [I wouldn't have said humility was one of Gaviota's characteristics.] "... and they go to live together in a castle and ..."

Suddenly, from the tv set a SHOT is heard! The hero is down! Clara and Gav are both impactada, could this by any chance be an omen? "... ah no, they've killed him! It was the ex-girlfriend, she got out of jail! ..." "This story is too cruel," snaps Gaviota as she turns off the television. "Why do they make these shows so violent?" Clara asks rhetorically.

In the country: a fiesta in the town square. Meliton has his arm possessively around Acacia, James is lurking, Acacia looks longingly at a piñata (after her coma she's on about a 9-year-old level), James rushes to buy it for her, she is frightened when he thrusts it at her, Meliton shouts: "Don't abuse my niece!" "I never hurt her, you did!" Acacia wants to go home. After she's gone, James picks up the crushed piñata.

Just so you don't forget they exist, SanJuana and her mother-in-law-to-be are in the kitchen. Ofelia wants SanJuana to learn how to be a good cook - so she'll be a good wife - but SanJuana bounces off to get dressed for partying...

And back in town, it's another joyful get-together at Montalvo's. Isa arrives, alone, kisses Pilar's frozen face, Sofia instantly takes her aside and counsels: "Don't listen to Minerva, she's getting worse every day," Isa says, "No worries, while I was ALONE IN ACAPULCO I did a lot of thinking and I don't want to risk my marriage, I trust Rodrigo completely."

As it happens, Minerva, YOUR husband isn't at the joyful get-together either! ... He's with Rubberlips, telling her he has to leave. She says "Don't go, I cancelled a night with my parents to be with you, and I'm leaving tomorrow - or, I could stay ... ??" But he tells her no, go, he has a lot to do. "I'll see you in a few days." "Won't you take me to the airport tomorrow night?" He says of course he will, and in fact since she begs for some time alone with him they arrange to meet mid-day for some substantive discussions prior to her departure.

Clara is worried about living on an island but Gav reminds her they've picked up and changed their lives before. "Remember when we cut lemons in [I missed the name]?" Not to mention, of course, leaving the agaves altogether in order to move to the city! That worked out ok...

Gav invites Bennie to go live on Manzanilla island with them too, but he announces he's, in fact, going home to Italy next day, for "business reasons."

As Gav and Clara digest this sad news, the phone rings, it's Sofia: "Have you seen my brother?" "No, I thought he'd be home tonight!" Gav scarcely has time to start getting worried when the doorbell rings - surprise, it's Rodrigo in a blue pointed hat with streamers! Oh, how nice, a last batch of sweet kisses before the tequila hits the fan!

Labels:


Comments:
wow! what a fast recap ! I'm very excited to see the recap that fast!
I can't do my chores until I finished reading the story !
the story is very exciting at the same time scarry ! xoxoxo to this recapper
more power to you !by the way,can someone tell me why Rod collared AAron? towards the end? what did he said to ROD that made him mad at his cousin?
thanks for your wonderful job!
sp
 

Anonymous 11:42, that yelling was in the preview for the next episode. Aaron was insulting Gaviota.
 

The reason for the repetition of the 15 minutes was because the episode that we watched today was aired on Monday April 9th in Mexico and they repeated it for anybody who missed it over Easter weekend but by God Univision could have cut the repeated scenes out.

Anita ~
 

Melinama^^^Thanks for the quick recap ! Yes, I am pretty sure that Bicchi and Rubberlips will be doing a lot of ''substantive talking'' before that plane takes off. That hair ..those lips..who thought those were good ideas ?? And, so the plan is for Gavi, Hot Rod , and Clarita to ALL live together on the island. That should be interesting. It sounds like Luis's plan to set up Hipolita, Rafael, and Ada in that house...we all know how that turned out. I enjoyed seeing Rodrigooo and Gavi cavorting on the beach. Are you familiar with that tasty cocktail ''Sex on the Beach''??? Well, we could concoct a new variation ''HotRodrigooo on the Beach''---it would have to have tequila in it, of course...perhaps coconut juice. I recently had a drink called ''Sex in the City'' at a restaurant in Toronto...it was very sweet and served in a martini glass with sugar around the rim...luckily, I spilled about 1/3 of it on the table and avoided going into sugarshock. Perhaps our new drink should have a bit of lime or lemon in it to give it a tang. Remember Luis's lab and all those bottles of mysterious green liquid??? Someone once suggested that Luis was in reality experimenting with the very first margaritas or mojitos or something. Okay, let's get going on that recipe. ^^^Susanlynn, wishing she had a mojito right now instead of a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice...or maybe...yes, maybe a big glass of ''HotRodrigooo on the Beach''....
 

Good morning Susanlynn you early riser! I was really happy to see Rod smiling - when he's frustrated he bares his teeth like a dog and it scares me. Gav has to do all his thinking for him - see what happens when he leaves? He has to poke the sand with a stick. So when they have troubles and she's away someplace he has no ability to form a coherent plan to improve matters...
 

Thanx for the great recap. Every morning it is "café con recap." I have a technical question for everyone. I have comast cable and when I pause the "CC" to reread, the pause bar will not go away. Hence, it hides the "CC." How does everyone else make their pause bar go away so as not to hide the "CC?" Thanx again for the great recap.
 

Thanks, Melinama! I'm with Susanlynn with this drink thing, but so now, let me get this straight -- Rod and Gavi and Momma make 3, all living on deserted Paradise Island? If that's so then we had better change the name of their favorite drink. We might try a "Blue (By-You) Bayou", or a "(Mangled) Mango Nightmare", maybe "Whiskey Sour-ed", "Gin Fizz-led", "Kamakazied" 'cuz they'l be having anything but Sex on the Beach.
 

Love to see our "lovebirds" together,if only for 2-3 happy episodes. I have a feeling the sky will soon fall in on them and misery will abound for the next few months..
 

i popped in during zorro commercial and caught the Pamela and Aaron in bed scene, yikes her lips do look like she was sucking on a drain..mad scary. It reminded me of beckster's comment about goldie hawn in first wives club and got a case of the giggles.

Did Clarita say which novela she was watching? The way was talking about it rneminded me of velo de novia.
 

I was really tired last night so ff thru relentless rehash was kinda okay for me..Rod does look very good on the beach...but I had to snicker when Gavi left and she had to comfort him cause he was crying....I do think Rod's hearing is perhaps more sensitive and he can hear the anvils...whistling as they fall.....

Living on the beach is a swell idea...but I hope Gavi gets the water wings...cause that close to the water she will be worn out trying to keep a constant I on the kids..I mean Rod & Ma.
 

Is it just me or is James really really annoying? What the heck does he want with Acacia anyway? Personally, I hate his attempt to do an English accent and his little voice cracks/mis-pronunciations are so stupid. Secondly, if I ever hear Rodrigo sing again I will throw up. I am fed up with this constant "love struggle" between Rod and Gavi. First she tries to find him and he rejects her, then he tries to find her and she rejects him, then she goes back to him and this time he accepts her but then she cops an attitude about Isadora. When will the writers ever get new material? Seriously, it's been three years and Rodrigo has a really weird obsession for her that is getting old fast. Also, "abuelita" has gotta go. She is just as bad, even worse, than James. All she does is talk about how the family should be preserved and how Rodrigo is doing something bad or Daniela is a loose girl who just had to marry a "negro," etc. etc. Apparently she is clueless as to what Aaron and Minerva are up to. Am I alone on this one or would someone like to shed some light on these topics?
 

Anon 8:43, my pause bar does the same thing. The only remedy I have found is to go into slow forward. It slows the CC down enough so I can read and ponder the difficult bits. Good luck.

Caray caray, anvils falling everywhere. I'm getting confused with all these identical actors playing different roles in Destilando and Duelo. My poor pea brain is spinning. Luckily no danger of confusing Hot Rodrigo with any of the Duelo duds. That guy looks great in white pants.

Susanlynn and Jardinera, you two are hilarious!

Excellent recap Melinama. I love the descriptions and nicknames that you brand on the characters.
 

Agreed on Rodrigo's singing. It might sound like little birds when you're in love, but when I'm impatiently waiting to watch Aaron twirl his mustache instead, Roddy's singing just makes my ears bleed.

The telenovela was "Sangre de Corazon," I believe.

The reruns went on for so long last night, I thought they were actually repeating a whole episode by mistake. The credits didn't even begin until about :17 or so.

For Anon 8:43 - sorry about the pause bar, but that sounds like a feature of your VCR or whatever. If you hunt around through the user setup menus for that device, you might be able to find a way to turn it off, but no promises. On my TV, if I hit Mute, a Mute bar appears and won't go away. Apparently it never occurred to the manufacturer of my TV that a person who isn't deaf might want to turn the sound off and read the captions.
 

I agree with Anon 10:47 regarding abuelita.Her obsession is to keep up the pretense of who she thinks they are,instead she should be concentrating on the backbiting, backstabbing bunch(headed for destruction) she has on her hands..Yes, she and the character of James & Acacia seemingly do not add anything to this novela,unless James is there as a friend and sounding board for Rodrigo.

Love Rodrigo in white shirt and pants,but those patent leather worn out shoes on the beach have got to go..Maybe a pair of Birkenstock sandals would look good.Shallow..? I see so many white shoes worn with "polys" here in Florida that is like a turnoff.Sorry..
 

Great recap. I actually thought that the amantes looked clunky-sweet in the water, no doubt because in fact they are from the rancho and not the mar (add swelling fun music here). I think Gavi's mom reminded her she was no mermaid. These are not the Aldo-Leti swimming at the beach scenes (sorry-- that's part of what hooked me on Aldo). I gotta laugh each time the music swells. Melodrama makes me giggle, tear and hiss.
 

GREAT RECAP!!! I LOOK FORWARDD SO MUCH FOR THEM. I USUALLY HAVE A QUESTION AND THE RECAP PUTS THE PUZZLE TOGETHER.

(ASIDE FROM MY NOTE. MELINAMA, YOUR NAME IS SO UNUSUAL -- WHAT'S ITS ORIGIN???)

I'M ALSO WONDERING IF I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS ROD AND GAVI HAVE NO CHEMISTRY. THEIR KISSES LEAVE ME COLD. THERE'S NO COMPARISON BETWEEN THEM AND FERNANDO AND LETY. HE TAKES ME AWAY -- I BELIEVE EVEN LETY (IN REAL LIFE) IS AFFECTED!!!

WHEN ROD CAME RUNNING SINGING, IT APPEARED TO ME THAT GAVI COULDN'T KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE... I WONDER HOW MANY RE-TAKES THEY HAD TO DO... HA!HA!

I WILL GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR GOOD LOOKS AND A GREAT BOD -- CONSIDERING ALSO THAT HE'S 47!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT RECAP.

ANN
 

Julieta , my Mexican student , offered to tell me what's going to happen in the future episodes of ''Destilando'' , but I declined. The other girls in the class who watch are predicting that Rod or Gavi or both will end up in jail for AAron and Mexican Larry /Ornate's dirty dealings. I have no idea where things are headed. Maybe Gavi went back home with a little souvenir from the beach holiday....and I don't mean flipflops or a sarong. That would be great because it would make Crazy Minervaaaaaa go MUY crazzzy, not to mention the way AAron would react to such an event. I like seeing Gavi and Rod together , but I have the feeling that bliss will not last very long. By the way, what happened to Hilario, the blushing bridegroom????
 

I see a little chemistry between Gavi & Rod,but nothing that compares with that of Lety & Fern..They have it real life,whether personally as friends or something more than friends.They've known each other in real life since childhood.
 

Nice to get such a quick recap Melinama. Beckster, so right, those kids need watching. I thought Rod might get his mental faculties regauged after he was assured that Gavi loved him and only him-ever. It took him this long to decide he needed a divorce, and he can't even contemplate what to do next--except live with on a deserted island with his lover and her mother. At least he looks good shirtless on the beach...
jb
 

Wonderful recap..

If I was writing an essay.. I would definitely say that this is a great example of the literary device of foreshadowing.

Slimy Franscico irks me.. I cringe when the 'sex' music comes on and he begins to suck Isa's finger's and lips.. Looks like a sloppy kisser to me..
 

It's funny, because he's a good-looking man. He's just very, very, very effective at playing "smarmy."
 

Export,

Guess I'm as shallow as you, then, 'cuz I was thinking exactly the same thing: those dorky white leather mocs just have got to go! Shoulda picked up a pair of namedrop flops like some Docks or 'Stocks.....
 

Susanlynn: "Cisco Kid was a friend of mine"????? Hubby and I have a special history concerning that blast from the past.....
 

Jardinera^^^Que??? Care to share ???? I love that song !!! When I hear it, I want to dance ! My hub , however, probably doesn't remember it.
 

I loved the great recap as well as everyone's comments. I also wondered why they replayed the first part for so long. I thought maybe it had dawned on them that the viewers might not want the reunion to end in one episode after we waited so long for it to happen. Fortunately I had taped it because I go to school on Wednesday evenings. So, I enjoyed some of the repeated scenes and fast forwarded through others. I have the same problem as Anon 843. I have direct TV and the pause bar covers up the captions. I thought it was because I don't have a giant screen. I get good technical suppost service, so I'll call them and if they have a solution, I'll share. On to Anon 10:47. I agree with you about how annoying James is. He became especially annoying when he fell in love with Acacia. That made him seem like he has a low IQ. Acacia is pitiful, but lovable? They haven't even been on a date and now he wants to marry her. Oh, and that monotone, one word at a time voice grates on my nerves. Then there's Clarita. Her childlike behavior is so annoying until I'll be very dissappointed if the novela ends and I find out that there was no meaning or reason for it. Last but not least, I agree with Ann 1:44 PM. I detect more obscession than chemistry between Rod and Gavi. Despite everything, I'm addicted.
 

Susanlynn: Suffice it to say that it became a joke between the two of us because the 2 guys in the dorm room next to his would play "Cisco Kid" and "The World Is a Ghetto" one after the other every single evening at about 8 PM for months on end, 2, 3, 4 times in a row. You could set your clock to it!!
 

Ok, ok. I have a soft spot for Clarita, despite her irritating, childlike wonderment and annoying spontaneity. Yeah, she may be a bit "teched in the haid", but when she decides to pull rank on Gavi, you have to admit, she appears to be as wise about the ways of the world as Methusela is old. After tonight it is obvious she has a painful story of her own; despite all that she did rather well in raising Gavi by herself, all things considered. Ofelia and Ramon have great respect for her whereas they have very little for "Sayinyawanna??" who is 180 degrees opposite of either Gavi or Clarita.
===
James and Acacia, I agree, has got to be the biggest creative mismatch ever written and as disappointing and unbelievable a "romantic" pair in a story as I've ever seen. The gringo accent is absolutely the worst and that's the poor actor's and/or casting's fault --but don't get me started on the Casting Department at Televisa/Uni.
===
As far as having EY sing to AR in the hammock, that scene definitely should have been swept up off the cutting room floor with the mouse droppings. Whosever idea that might have been -director's or editor's- should be receiving their pink slip in tomorrow's mail.
 

It's my first time writing here and i just want to say that i really enjoy reading your recaps..

I was told that the singing scene where Eduardo forgets the lyrics is scripted .. same thing happened in the original and the second version Cuando Seas Mia..
 

Anon 5:25 am --Thanks for the clarification! Still was grating on the nerves and a big turn off, in my not so humble opinion. =/;?
 

Gee...maybe it's just the shoulders, but I find almost everything Rodrigooo does endearing...pouting, singing, smiling, scowling, picking Gavi up and throwing her in the air...and, most especially I love it when he grabs AAron by the collar and shakes him up a bit [I always was waiting for Guy Ecker to do that to Sleazer in ''Heridas'']. I like Rod. ^^^Susanlynn, Rod's rangerette
 

Yeah, my daughter does too, and thought the offkey singing was endearing. That's her dad's half of her.......
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder