Monday, June 11, 2007

Destilando Amor 6/11/07 My lover stands on golden sands

First off let me say for those of you who have been sweatin the past couple of months (our time...21 months TeleNovela time)....Well fear not...

Love is in the air Everywhere
I look around
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound ....

(this side trip into blatant pop music...in no way express your recappers personal
music taste...I just call em as I see em)

We start off with Minnnnnnerrrrrvvvvva pushing Aaron, far beyond what I would have considered self protective or wise...she is cutting in on his phone time with Swarmy Onate...trying to find out details on MariAnna/Gavi & Rod...Aaron throws the phone down...
(In no way do I advocate domestic violence...but jeeeeeeezzzzzz sometimes)

Gavi is walking along the beach contemplating...what else? Rod of course...when "Holy Visions Batman..."there he is right behind her, looking rather fine in some white beach pants. She is muy impacted...huggs kisses.....He scoops her up (and yes cause he is a manly man...he can do his own scooping, he does not have to rely on a stunt scooper)

Next Aaron is rehashing the hash with Patricio, (I really like Patricio..just sayin)...anyway Aaron is continuing to put the screws to Patricio regarding the devious business transactions...I would give more detail, but I really don't get it...It just suffices to say Patricio has that same look on his face that Keanu Reeves had on his face when he finally figured out who Al Pacino was in "Devil's Advocate", yep Pat; you sold your soul.

Now Gavi & Rod are all shades of blissful back on the beach...apparently everyone else in that locale is still cleaning up garland after the Feliz Navidad celebrations...cause they are quite alone...much kissing hugging...good time all round...Rod informs Gavi that he told Isadora/TWB he wanted a divorce cause there is only one woman for him..that being Gavi....HOWEVER (damn you Hanna Barbara and your anvils), he returned to the apartment after Sofia informed him, Isadora was sitting at home, taking the laces outta her high top chucks and braiding a noose...We viewers of course know this was yet another, butter would not melt in her mouth Sofia lie....Rod laments on how he feels bad about screwing over Isadora, as she is one fine mujer......

Meanwhile his fine mujer is twistin tongues in a hot tub with Francisco...Francisco makes the faux pas of telling TWB..that she is his muse...just like the muse of that fine poet DaVinci...
"Leonardo DaVinci?" she scoffs, "He was a painter and sculptor, not a poet"...I am at home thinking yeh but he wrote that really cool book about his code...ooooppsss wait, that is my faux pas...Hey TWB...you got this guy for a fling not as a ringer on Jeporady...jeeeezzzz
(side note....isn't that fine house they are knocking flip flops in....the house that was used in "Amigas & Rivals"?)

Clarita is at home in the Gavi free zone...knock knock knock...."Don't open the door", I am at home yelling at the TV...but of course she does and Minnie just butts right in..Where is MariAnna...well Clarita in her normal, I'm not quite right, wide eyed manner answers that MariAnna is on a business trip and queries who she might be...Minnie lies and says she is Rod's secretary...Minnie is busy using her T-1000 terminator eye to scan and digitize the entire apartment...after some more questions and your can see Minnie mentally placing the info in a file to upload to the mother ship later...she lets herself out....Clarita is thrilled to have had such an elegant associate of Gavi's grace their humble abode...Really Clarita needs a handler.

Now cut to a priest knocking at Dry Gulch Acres...I have a vision of a priest with a heavy Irish accent..requesting some Skippy for the wee ones back at St. Patricks Orphange...but no it is the helpful local padre, checking up on Acacia and child molestor Meliton...Meliton is asleep and Acacia can't remember the priest..the priest begins to tell her tales of her childhood..her first communion, her wonderful Tia...how her Tia loved little Acacia...meanwhile Meliton is hiding behind the door taking it all in. Acacia finishs by telling the priest how gosh by golly swell her Tio Meliton is to her, what with him being her only living relative and all. Meliton has a smirk & a "Oh I am so gonna tap that" look on his face...

James is back over at Rod's Hacienda listening to the wooden music box tink out music dreams of star crossed love...James is lamenting in Spanish...and I find this odd...if you were talking to yourself, would you not revert to your mother tongue? I would think James would talk to his self in English, but he is in toment over Acacia and having no contact with her, fearing what has happened to her in the evil clutches of Meliton. James is dressed in his usual Western attire..I just have trouble seeing him in his duds…but unlike other naysayers I do not want him to ride off into the sunset with Sofia…not out of any greater good idea, but simply because it delight me to no end that Sofia wants and can not have him.

Speaking of little Miss Twinset….Granny Pilar and Sofia are sitting around Casa de Boring when Minnie stops in to spread more toxic poison...She is sure that Rod and MariAnne are boinking and having a good time doing it somewhere....
For an episode that was supposed to be romantic...I spent much of it just saying STFU to the screen..
Here come Danielle & Elvis...they are the light hearted breath of fresh air in this segment...well that can't happen..Elvis gives the living mummy (really just wrap the linen strips back around her body and put her back in her her shroud) a beso...Pilar rudely pulls away from Elvis away and grills Danielle for being out so late...yeah is is like 8:30, unaccompanied with her novio...Danielle is all hey just skip the 20th century and move outta the 1800's right on into the 21st century...Sofie knees tightly locked; ie looking all like yeah, I am still a virgin Granny; I am the only good one in the family...

back to the various La Playas....
TWB is having dinner with Francisco...she is staring off in space...no doubt thinking about her crappy marriage...taking advantage of the pause...He Amor scoops her up and carries her off...we see him start to scoop and then the camera pulls back...very far back...I think it was a stunt scooper..I don't think he could carry her...

Now let us transfer over to the other couple...Frankie and Annette...no seriously Rod & Gavi...he is declaring his undying love...cause she is the only one...physcially and spirtually...yadda yadda yadda...they have amusing chit chat..."I'm the boss & you are my secretary" Gavi tells him that she changed everything to MariAnna, how she got the job...so on so forth...of course it was too keep a link to Rod...Rod keeps saying mi Gaviota...

Father Pat stops back in to visit James...he tells James that Acacia is fine and seems quite happy..the Padre says that perhaps Meliton has repented and given up his molesting ways...
okay I just gotta add...millions of dollars & law suits, scandals galore and they still don't get it...

Back over in DF...Danielle is packing her bags...she basically tells Sofie that the family sucks and they treat Elvis badly, they are stuffy and in other words..."Later Days and Better Lays"...She is outta there.

Mineva arrives home and Aaron is laying on the bed giggling at something on the laptop...I guess Pamela has a Web Cam set up in Miami and he is wondering how long DumbAss is gonna stand by that pool waiting..He switches off the laptop...Minnie switches off the light and we are lead to believe..work is about to begin creating the antichrist...

Gavi and Rod go upstairs...across the bed it says Gaviota & there is a figure of a SeaGull all made outta rose petals...Once again I am grimacing as I am typing this...
Dude last time all it took was a fifth of Tequila...Oh well the sadder but wiser girl...of course maybe I should cut Rod a break...it has been nearly three years since lil Rod went for a walk...
Rod still suffering from that whole impulse control problem can not stop himself from asking, "by the by just for my own peace of mind...have you been boinking any other guys"?...Gavi looks him in the eye and says, you are the first and only cause I love you so much..Yep that woulda been my story too, I don't care if I would done the entire eastern seaboard of Great Britian, up the top of Scotland and down through Wales, well this satisfied our young galan and we see Gavi's dress drop to the floor...Rod always the stickler for detail...

Now to DF...this time it is Isa father...he is sitting in the living room...thought bubbling his conversation with her about how it would not behoove the family at this point for her to give up her sham of a marriage...he has guilt all over his face..now here comes TWB's mother..."Que the hell" she asks, it is tarde, why are you up? He laments telling TWB to stay in her loveless marriage..he brings up the artificial insemination..looking like by gawd it just isn't natural...
"Hold on there buckeroo," states Ma...you done lost all the family wealth...now we see a thought bubble of when Pa was playin Texas hold-em on ESPN2, he lost all his chips on one game...Damn all most of the women on this show are serious money grubbing bling lovin ho's (except for Sofie who is a serious money grubbing conservative dressing ho).

Speaking of TWB & Francisco, they are in bed, she gives him a few pesos and the boot she "vants to be alone"...Now she gets to lie in bed and speak badly of her poor misunderstood husband...she hates Rod and little Rod too.
Danielle and Elvis are happy sitting in a coffee shop denouncing her L7 totally square family...(Pilar and Sofie, will probably heap this crap on poor Tio Bruno)...

The Next Day……..

Gavi and Rod are lying in bed….she has her head on his manly chest…Rod is sleeping..
(yep a new activity will wear you out)

Minnie and Aaron arrive at the office, Minnie in her usual "People First" manner screams at Eliva to phone Rod’s Hotel and see if he is there. Seriously in some Old Testament way I think God sealed Minnie’s womb cause she is such a total bitch.

Sofie tells Granny Pilar…that Danielle done run off with the house boy….turn the dogs loose…wait that is wrong I’m getting my centuries mixed up…

Rod awakens Gavi is not in bed…she is on the balcony singing….in a total shout out to "HBO’s Rome" Gavi has created a smart Roman Toga for her self out of a sheet and Rod like wise looks like a young stallion from a Roman Bath House donning a towel about his waist…He jokes they should send a letter or a telegram…seriously can you even send a telegram anymore…I don’t think so, I think they retired Morse Code…anyway saying they renounce their jobs….

Love is still in the air…
Rod take advantage of it….get your freak on while you can….cause I hear the train whistle…Wiley that tunnel you just painted on that canyon wall….don’t look now, but a real train is gonna come thru it…Acme Anvils are gonna start dropping..

Previews….Gilligan…I mean Rod wants to live on the beach with Gavi until Isadore hangs herself…
Aaron is in bed with Pamela…& it looks like they get caught…

Labels:


Comments:
I snorted "HAH!" so loud when I read "work is about to begin creating the antichrist..." that I woke up my son.

Tell the truth Beckster, you'da rather gotten the anvils to recap than the hearts and flowers...

I liked the word Daniela threw at her sister: you're mustia (I thought it was a cognate for "musty" but it means "withered" either way right on).
 

OMG, Beckster! Your great recap made me LOL so much--thanks. I often miss details in the show because I am trying to read the captions and translate for my husband at the same time.

Linda T.
 

Thanks Beckster, I didn't sleep well, but your recap had me laughing and ready to get my day going. You're better than caffeine!

It was good to see some happiness, even though we know the dark clouds are coming...
jb
 

Beautiful episode of the story,
finally they, ROD and Gavi got thier
very own time and happiness after years of sufferings! this is the best ever! can't wait for tonight's episode thanks for recapping, we love you !
sp
 

Wonderful way to start a Tuesday, as always, beckster! Exceptional choice of themesong --"Loveboat" --que perfecto blast from the past!!

Amazing, the restraint that Aaron showed during the crazy pestering from Mi-nerva during that business call. Considering his character, I half expected him to pinch her lips again and threaten to make her swallow his cellphone. However, from the looks of the previews, it looks like he gets his sweet revenge on her tonight.
 

What a nice way to kick off the week, laughing my ass off. :)

Although, I did feel badly for TWB last night when Frankie asked her to pay him. It's humiliating enough to figure out your new squeeze is a gigolo/grifter, but he's acting like this is his first job... this is at least the second time he's been caught being pretentious, and he doesn't even have the stones to ask her directly for money, instead saying "I'll pay you back" which is just so lame and transparent. Even she didn't believe him.
 

Gooooo Beckster. What a wonderful recap! You need to quit your day job and become a writer for the show. Perhaps you could write some humorous banter for granny so she would finally smile and crack her face. I wonder if she is wearing perment marker? Can't wait to read your next recap.
 

So, so funny, especially the comment that God sealed Minnie's womb cause she is such a total bitch!
 

Wonderful Becky - thanks for the entertainment. I did not watch the episode - these plots get too convoluted for me, but I always look forward to the recap.
 

beckster - 3 yrs. since lil Rod went for a walk.... - you are sooo baadd. ROTFLOL x 2!!

I liked all the Rodrigo and Gavi stuff until he asked her if she'd had other lovers.... Grrrrr. No me gusta.

Aaron is so wonderful in his scheming; I can't wait 'til Pammie tells him she's dying (if hse is) and Minnie is as barren as the Dead Sea.
 

Thanks for another great recap. I didn't have to read very far before I knew it had to be Beckster at the helm. She is so good and clever with words. I especially loved the "twisting tongues" description between Isa and Frankie. Oh, and I can't omit Claritas "I'm not quite right wide eyed manner". I could go on but my comment would end up as long as the recap. This episode was right on time because I was ready for some love scenes. I would like to say that it was worth the wait but the cat and mouse game went on for too long.
 

Great job, Beckster! I had the same thoughts about Francisco's lack of lifing abilities and Minnie's being barren.

What is with the rose petals on the bed, does everyone do that in Mexico? I was disappointed with Rod's asking her if she had been with other men. What a way to make a girl feel special!

Can't decide if which was best, Ricardo remembering his gambling losses or Francisco asking Isa for money!
 

I almost felt sort of sorry for Isa last night. Dismal times for her. Almost sorry, but not quite.

Francisco might not have needed a stunt scooper. He did a pretty good job in "Bailando for the wedding of your dreams" of throwing his partner around. Having seen him in that, trying so hard, always smiling, good dancer, I have a bit of a problem hating him here even though he is unctuous and wears synthetic fabrics.

I loved your response to when Rod asked Gavi if she'd been with another man in their LONG separation. I thought the same thing, None of your beeswax but I'll tell you what you want to hear cuz you're so dumb it's what you want to believe anyway. Sheesh, these boys in men's bodies!

OK, I'll relent and let Mr. James stick around but only if he takes his shirt off from time to time while working in the peanut fields.

Wonderful recap Beckster, tons of laughs on this end.
 

Anyone else a little annoyed by the pattern of profoundly dysfunctional women on this show? Minnie, Sofie, Granny, Fedra, and TWB's mom are all icy cold bitches, Isadora and Acacia are each twisted in their own way, and Clarita... well... at least Clarita is nice. Gaviota and Dani seem to be the only ones who aren't idiots.

I realize there's always a surplus of nasty people in soaps and novelas, but it'd be nice if there was just one mom on this show who wasn't frosty cold or brain-damaged.
 

Oh Sylvia. "He is unctuous and wears synthetic fabrics." LOL.
 

Sorry about missing the fabulous love scene...this show has had so many awful moments that I've decided to just read the recaps and blogs....speaking of...Susanlynn, I miss you!!! Where are you and your pom-poms? I was reading an aricle about Eduardo Yanez in a cheesy magazine (don't ask) and a former associate described him as always being "ponchado" (muscle man) and "fortachon" (with accent over the "on")...Anyway, I loved those two words and thought they should be in your little vocab kit bag when you wanted to think about our hunky hero.
Hope whatever is going on in your life is resolved (happily) soon.

Judy B.
 

Hee Hee Hee...the rose petals...standard soap opera, once when I was working at my old job the college...I actually heard a 30 some year old woman, tell a male student (he was 19...his beloved was a welfare mother of 39) anyway this other woman advised him to make a trail of rose petals from the door to a hot bath of scented water for his girlfriend...
Now can you imagine my reaction...
Bwahhhhaaaaa
I was like Dude...she will either think you are totally gay or what remaining shreads of self respect you have will be ripped away forever..I told him to just get the collar and leash.
 

Reminds me of Sebastian Rulli and all the little flower petal arrangements he made for Pau in Mundo de Fierras. Enough of that!
 

In Bajo la Misma Piel the galan had them spread along the beach into the bedroom of the bungalow with candles or some such.
 

Hee Hee! Great recap Beckster!!!
Can't wait for the anvils to start falling!
 

If Rod and Gavi live in Manzanillo ... what will they do for money/jobs???
 

Here I am Judy B. ...I am happy to be missed ! What is happening in my life is teaching 2 classes a day , four days a week , for 6 weeks...plus I've been getting up at 5 am because the first class is at 8 am...I am not a morning person. [By the way, one of my best friends in high school was a Judy B. !!!] I haven't read this recap yet, but I just have to say 2 things before I do----1] Shout out to Bobby Darin ...I love ''Somewhere Beyond the Sea'' 2] Oh.My.God. ....just when I thought that I could not take ONE MORE FLASHBACK...WHAM...Nirvana..Jackpot Hot Roddddd and Gav at the beach with the sun, sand, and surf...Roddd in white pants...JUST white pants..throwing the Gav up in the air...[dating Rodd must be like riding an amusement park ride] ...AND rosepetals ..I'd like that....and finally after threeeee looooooong years ... Houston, we have liftoff...Wow...three years...that is a l o n g time. Okeydokey, now I'll read Beckster's fantastico recap.^^^Susanlynn, Rod's rangerette who loves the beach and rose petals and amusement park rides
 

thanks for a great reacp!

I thought it was a great touch and thoughtfull of production to place Gav & Rod on the sand,in an organic looking place

and how that contrasts with

Isa & her lover in a very manicured looking (not natural) place in acapulco
it really fit the two couples
 

I wish we have a serious recap on this episode about what ROD told Gavi about his grandfather and thier family(Montalvo)I can't really understand spanish just few words and why was ROD crying at the end?OMG! I love the story but I have to depend on the mercy of Good recapper.I hope Isa will get caught in her cheating, was Gavi trying to give up on Rod? It's really hard not to understand what they're saying.
sp
 

Hi Anonymous 2:35, the conversation you want to read about took place last night (Tuesday) and you are complaining on the Monday night recap. Just wait, I'm sure all will be revealed when Tuesday's recap is posted, but basically Rod just told her what we already know, about his grandfather's will breaking up the family, and about his family thinking she was a prostitute in Europe.

The part with the crying took place in the preview of Wednesday's episode, which we have not yet SEEN because it's only just Wednesday morning! Patience, please.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder