Thursday, July 19, 2007

Death Count on Duelo update and bump

I know Duelo's been over for most of you since Monday but I couldn't help myself since I just got back yesterday and finished viewing the Grand Finale tonight.

with thanks to Carmel, Steph and everybody else who contributed to the comment thread.


Main Dead List:

Marianita--leukemia
Felicia--shot
Felicia and Jose's baby--killed along with Felicia
Blanca--scared to death by Don Loco
Jose--shot/force-fed water
Edelmira--choked by hoochies
Dr. "Einstein"--shot in chair
Castulo--shot
Don Maximo--neatly impaled by poker
Canibal/"Batneck"--shot/high fall
Sergio--throat slashed
sleazy lawyer Mauro--knifed
Hugo--shot/rolling fall/eye-gouge
Alfonsina--choked/shot/run over and shot again
Teresa Velez (Claudia's mom)--beaten to death
Gaspar --stabbed
Thelma--drowned
Don Alvaro Montillano--chomped on by Jaguar

Supporting Dead (walk-ons & really short roles:

Estrellita--leukemia
Rebel Jose tried to save--shot by army
Rebel who tried to kill Emilio--shot by Frank
Mr. Witchdoctor--swamp drowned
Witchdoctor's crony--ditto
Guy in the woods--shot by Don Loco
Prison Guard--shanked in Don Loco and Batneck's jailbreak
Coral's old man--sickness
Poor innocent hotel clerk--shot
Stupid hubby who abused wife--??
Poor ranch hand Lauro--macheted and pitchforked
Jacinto--La Rinconada servant shot by Castulo when he attacked Rosita


Flashbacked dead (died chronologically before novela began but whose death was shown in flashback on screen)

Luba's pareja, Gaspar's dad or stepdad--old age?
The cacique's son--prell gone awry
Elena, Rodrigo's wife--killed in Car accident
Daddy Loco--suicide by road rash
Mama Loco--illness?

BODY COUNT: 35

Labels:


Comments:
This is terrific, Margaret. Thanks!! Body count 31. Whoa. That's what I get for coming halfway into the show, eh? :)

Fingers crossed for two more to the Main Dead List, please, oh PLEASE: Thelma, and Don Loco. BTW, that is an interesting look DL has adopted. He kinda reminds me of rapper 50 Cent in that getup.

Looks like a mob is doing something bad to Gaspar in one of those quick GRAN FINAL flashes. I don't like the looks of that at all. They'd better just be trying to scare me. Grrrr.
 

I'm sure Emiliooo and his cigar will arrive in time to save Gaspar. I'm sure he will come out of everything just fine, which irks me. I have no idea about most of the others, even someone like Soledad, she could very likely get killed. I would think that Emiliooo and Alina are the only locks to survive. And they don't deserve it as much as some of the others.
 

I meant to say that Emiliooo's coming out of everything just fine irks me, not Gaspar. I like Gaspar.
 

I adore this. Thanks so much for doing it! It makes Duelo sound like a fine, fine telenovela.
 

Caray, caray...what a body count! There are probably at least a couple more on the horizon.

We never did see Alfonsina get doused while brandishing her machete. What a rip-off.
 

Wow! Thanks, Margaret, Stephe and Carmel! This is a truly impressive compilation.

I'd like to see Rosendo added to the list before next Monday, and maybe all of his cronies, including Big Mute Guy aka Vicente/Elvis.

Jeanne
 

Oh yeah, Jeanne, that's right! Big Mute Milli Vanilli and Rosendo, for sure.

Don Loco and Alphonsina were obviously competing for the most kills, a la Deathrace 3000. Wow. If the shack-set-on-fire scheme had worked out (gone up with Mariana, Dr. Love, and Malena inside) I think she would have outdone him.
 

Omigosh. What a list. Thanks, Margaret et al.!

Jeanne
 

NICE JOB on the final body count Margaret!! After all the whinging about this show I am going through withdrawals.

Thanks so much for putting together this final list.
 

Absolutely awesome list, ain't it? Thanks again, Margaret!

It's sick, but I'd just like to hear the theme a few more times without hunting down the CD. I really liked the way Alicia sang that song.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder