Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Amar sin Limites #24 Monday 8/20/07 Mom's in the hospital, and then she's out

Diego and Azul are reviewing their sad situation in the hospital corridor. She says she now realizes he didn't show up before because he had family obligations and he didn't deserve her lack of trust. Suddenly they see Mo walking up and they hurry into a supply closet. If he sees them, they will have some e'splainin' to do. Diego has a great idea. He calls Mo on his cell phone from three feet away with the closet door partly open so he can see Mo. Azul says that if he talks on the phone Mo will hear him. Doesn't matter. Diego talks and Mo doesn't hear him. I don't really get this nonsense. Diego claims he's in the ICU. He then goes to talk to Mo.

We cut to the rest of the family waiting in the waiting room, waiting for mom to get out of the quirafano (operating room).

Heavy breathing as Diego and Azul look at each other in the closet. She leaves.

Arnaldo and his father continue their argument. Father is a hypocrite for disparaging Arnaldo's sexual preferences.

Azul seems nervous around Mo. Diego comes up. She didn't expect him so early. They discuss a job offer. Mo will offer Diego a 50 percent reduction in salary as he pays him back. Diego doesn't want debts to Mo, but he accepts immediately. I listened to this three times to see if I missed something, but no, he just accepts without explanation.
Azul says: You can't accept. She doesn't want him around. Cut to commercial.
He says he must take the work because of his mom. We hear the piano of doom.

GCSSD and Ines discuss living together as their secret is out.

Diego wants to sign a loan document. Azul will be giving him an intake interview. Seems like typical HR stuff, but after the fact! We hear barking dogs Sounds like they are not meant to be part of the scene. Mo holds Azul very tightly. He says Diego will be great for them. It's still not clear what Diego will be doing. Maybe PR. He has no experience but a suit salesman, but Mo seems to think this will transfer into some kind of merchandising talent.

Silvana is playing the jealous girlfriend with Diego. She is upset he will see Azul every day. I would be too. Diego blows it off. I still don't get this. He is still trying to get Azul back, but he claims to be serious about Silvana. Discussion question of the day: This makes him very unlikable, I think, and another problem as a hero. What do you think?

Azul and Mo are sitting in the living room at opposite ends of the couch. The King Kong soundtrack plays in the background. He then moves over and rubs her leg.

Gloria advises Silvana to dig her claws in to fight for Diego.

Diego, Abuelo, and two other guys I don't know eat a meal and discuss Diego's new job.

Diego calls Azul, and they have another one of their pissy conversations about scheduling the interview.

Andres and Leo are pondering what to do about the arrival of Diego. Andres says that he's afraid Diego will take his place, but Leo says, no, not while she's around.

GSD has an argument with the kids over dinner. It ends up with him telling them it's their problem if they can't accept his situation. (But he can't accept Arnaldo. Creep!)

Mom is upset that Diego has taken on debt for her, but he is happy to do it. Dad slumps out fo the room.

Diego goes for the interview. There is a large photo of Mo and Azul on the desk. Azul dons her glasses to look serious. Now we see a big picture of Mo. Their hands keep touching while they play around with borrowing a pen.

She says Mo is very generous. But not enough to risk his life for a stranger, says Diego. Why won't she look him in the eyes. Stop bothering me.

Lidia and Paco bring nighties to Mom in the hospital. They are now getting married again. I have skimmed the previous two recaps, but I don't see how this happened. What happened?

Back to the interview. She looks hot and bothered. He won't answer her questions. She asks why he left his last job. Doesn't she know? He says he "couldn't work there."
We switch to Azul, Mo, and Diego leaving the premises. She will write a report tomorrow about his position in the six-person company. Memo to self should read: Don't wear white pants with bright red twin set. Mo volunteers Azul to drive Diego home. She is obviously going home herself. It's not clear when or why she sleeps over at Mo's and other times goes home.

After they leave, Andres asks Mo if he isn't worried about Diego and Azul being together. Mo gets angry and takes a big drink, then tells Andre to shut up and don't say such stupid things. Then he beats him up a bit and says that no one can take Azul from him. Andres threatens him that he knows too much about Mo and Mo knows too much about him. They are stuck with each other. Mo says get out. Leo says that Mo didn't really mean it.

Diego and Azul have a dumb spat in the car, of course. He makes fun of her driving, and she makes him get out of the car. He calls her neurotic as she leaves him in the rear view mirror. I cant stand this couple!

Andres and Leo plot what to do. Andres is upset because Mo regards him as a fiend after so many years of dirty work.

Mo now meets with GSD. GSD thanks Mo for his great lab and new salary, but it bothers him that he doesn't know anything about Mo's business. Mo says it's something very important and extraordinary. It's great for the world He proceeds to launch into a grandiose pronouncement about how they will solve the terrible global problem of drug-resistant bacteria and viruses. Huh? In this dinky one-man lab? Even if GSD was a Nobel prize winner, he wouldn't work on this kind of problem alone. Either this is a idealized TV version of science, or it's some way to mask some villainous plot he has, or both.

Azul confesses her foolish behavior to Ceci. Ceci essentially calls her an idiot, and rightfully so. Azul defends herself. Ceci calls her hysterical and neurotic. Azul calls her a clown.

Diego and Paco rehash.
Diego doesn't want to talk trash about the guy who's enabling him to help his mother.

Azul calls Diego 'cause now she's sorry, the twit. Is he home? He pretends he's still on the highway (carretera). He forgives her because she's the patrona (boss). Ha ha. He's very tired and has blisters, but he feels better when he talks to her.

Mo tells Andres that he spoke to Architect Escobar about a big plan he has--they'll have a conference tomorrow. Wow, would it surprise anyone to know it is our old friend Piero?

Silvana has another jealous fit about Azul. She doesn't want to lose Diego, she tells him, but he makes her suffer.

In the morning, Ceci and Azul get ready for work. Ceci jokes that Azul is late for Diego.

Mom is home from the hospital. The family sets up streamers. Paco comes over with flowers for his suegra-to-be.
Pop says that someone should stop the wedding.

No sooner has he uttered those words than we see Lidia flaunting herself before Piero in a slinky red dress. They exchange some double entendres that are somewhat confusing. She seems to be saying she wore it to show that he is out of her life. But he wants her to take it off. But not until he has a meeting with a very imporant client (Mo, I guess). She gets angry and picks up some money and throws it down on the desk. My recording cuts out here.

Well, folks, that's about as detailed a recap as you will get on this show from me. This week I'm on vacation, but I won't likely have time to do this in future.

Labels:


Comments:
Oooohhhhh...

Please, please, please post a recap of Tuesday night's episode! It was easily one of the most powerful shows I've ever seen and Mauricio finally shows just how truly evil he is!

The end of this episode has Piero eating Lydia's face and working on getting her out of the red dress. Paco comes into the outer office shaking the bouquet of flowers and looking for his little ray of sunshine. He hears voices from the bosses office and he opens the door to catch Lydia and Piero in the process of going horizontal.

Bravo for the actor who play's Paco. The look of hurt betrayal in his eyes was fantastic. I felt my heart go out to the young man even as I knew it was "just a TV show".

I'm really starting to like this one, even if I think Azul deserves everything she's going to get from the Big Bad Wolf.
 

Hopefully we'll get a recap of Tuesday later on today, oldman54. (Are you really an old man? cause if not I'd feel really strange calling you that).
Nina - great recap, I'm glad you were able to add some detail, even if it is only this week.
I believe the bit about the wedding being back on is that Lidia never actually told Paco that the wedding was off in the first place. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I guess he knows that she's not the marrying kind now! I'm having a hard time understanding the Piero/Lidia thing, unless they are both just in it for sex, that's the only way it works for the story. I guess that's possible, I suppose that happens all the time. Just wait until Manuel finds out.

On the discussion topic - yes, that makes Diego waay less likeable. He screws Silvana and keeps her around just in case he can't get Azul, and he doesn't even try to hide that fact. Silvana needs to see it for what it is too and get out of there. At this point if she stays it's on her, she knows for sure now that she's just the sex buddy, he doesn't see her as potential wife material. Neither do I frankly, not after the totally psycho "why did you wear a condom?" bit from last week.
 

Would someone who had an angioplasty go home that fast?
 

Yeah angioplasty is quick. Usually you go home the same day (although they advise you not to drive and to take it easy) unless there are complications.
 

I agree that Diego's behavior is making him very unappealing. First, he's assuring Silvana that he's "with her" and then he's flirting with Azul. Not nice, especially for a leading man. Silvana seems to be wacko at times, but she appears to be sincere about Diego, and she doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.

I watch one day behind, so I'm pretty excited about seeing Tuesday night's show. Thanks everyone.

Peggy
 

(Are you really an old man? cause if not I'd feel really strange calling you that).

"Well, we're only as old as we feel". It's more a pet name from my wife. I'm 11-years older than her. Long story there, but the running joke here is that when I joined the Navy in '71 I could have driven past the elementary school she attended and said, "oohh, I think I'm going to marry that little one in pig-tails over there!!!"

Okay, it's really not as creepy as it sounds...

As far as Amar Sin Limites goes, I was really having problems watching the show because, frankly, none of the main characters were very likable!! I speak very little Spanish, and frequently find out after reading the recaps that I was 180 out on my interpretation of what was happening. So I really appreciate what this blog does and the hard work people put into it.

I have generally felt that Diego was just a "good guy in a bad situation", but I have a very hard time with the way he is using Silvana as a safety net. Especially since he understands how emotionally fragile she is. Oh well, he probably learned social skills from his father.
 

I'm glad I'm not alone about the main characters. I really can't stand Azul, she's a spoiled brat and a golddigger (isn't she marrying Mo just for his money?). Diego is definitely less likeable due to the way he's treating Sylvanna, and frankly I'm getting a little tired of the constant bickering between Diego and Azul because it just seems so forced and phony. But, there's nothing else on and the male leads are still excellent eye candy,so I'm hanging in there.
Kim P.
 

Eye candy, my eye! I have been drifting over to Juan Q, and he is so much cuter! Especially now that he has cut off his mullet. The cutest guy on this show is Arnaldo, frankly, but since he is playing a gay character, they aren't designing it to be appealing to the women viewers.
 

I'm scoping out Andres; something about those brooding bad boys!***Sigh***

In answer to your discussion topic, I personally think Azul and Diego deserve one another. They both seem more than willing to cheat on their respective mates.(Note the irony that Azul threw a hissy fit when she found out GCSSD stepped out on his wife with his sister-in-law!) Maybe it's OK since Diego and Mo aren't siblings.

I'm laughing at your explanation, Oldman54. I married the cutest baby in the nursery (9 years difference). You know, once you hit your 30's it's all relative. By the way, have you tried closed captioning?
 

LOL...now I am showing my age perhaps.

I don't know how to set up closed-captioning on my TV. I realize that it might help to look at the book that came with the TV, but that isn't the way men do things!!

Sooner or later I'll push the right button on the remote!
 

Speaking about a difference in ages..what is up with Andres [loved him in Alborada as a good guy] and freakyscary Leo ????***Susanlynn
 

Susanlynn, I'm with you. I could really live without all that creepy neck kissing. On the other hand, her plastic surgeon should be complimented on the neck job.
 

Margaret***I like the neck kissing , but isn't Leo Andres's tia???? I don't think that he should be kissing his tia's neck like that. A nice, little peck on the cheek is what you give your tia....maybe a discreet hug...but no neck nibbling for relatives. Very creepy situation.
 

I think she must not be his aunt by blood. She has to be his dead uncle's wife or something. Otherwise it's waaaaay too creepy for regular tv. In my opinion anyway.
Oldman, thanks for the explanation! I once dated a woman 10 years younger than me, that didn't last long. Kudos for working that out. My wife is only three years younger than me, but it's amazing how that changes our reference points. Everything that was college for me was high school for her, two very different parts of life.
Speaking of eye candy, I'm waiting for some bombshell to show up. Azul and Silvana are both pretty and all, but I'm waiting for some Pamela from Heridas or what's her name from Zorro to show up with some real heat.
 

Well, if you are into the older hussy type, Sabine Moussier is scheduled to make an appearance at some point. She was in la Madrastra as Fabiola and she was also in Piel de Otono
 

Ferro***In some previews, there was a blue-eyed blonde woman who seemed to be giving Azul a run for her money. Yes, bring it on. Azul needs someone to mix it up with.
 

You mean you don't consider Leo eye candy, Ferro?
 

Speaking of reference points...

When Oliver Stone released his version of the JFK assassination plot, I told my wife that I had been in the 5th grade at the Catholic school and I remembered Sister Mary Francis running in to tell my teacher that the President had been shot in Dallas, Texas.

I asked my wife what she had been doing and she gave me a weird look and said, "Umm, I wasn't born until 1964...

Ah well, lucky for me I spent my 20 years in the Navy on submarines so I don't look my age...:)
 

I think Sabine's been sporting the blonde look and she has striking blue eyes. That would be her.She plays evil femme fatale (s) very well. She's going to kick Azul's ass.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder