Friday, August 17, 2007

August 16, 2007 Juan Q Were Juan is about to declare his love and CL learns a lesson or two from Pastor

Maricruz is stepping in again.... (And I am posting)

We open today with Paula and CL talking about what happened yesterday. She tells him that Fernando got lost in traffic and they (Fer and Ana) did not make it to the interview. CL feigns anger, and tells her that he is going to reprimand Fernando. Paula tells him not to do it and that he doesn’t have to worry, because Ana is going tomorrow morning to talk to the lady that offered the job. CL makes an impactado face.

Juan is eating dinner with Ana and he is apologizing about the car. Ana says not to worry; she had to take the car to the mechanic any way. Juan thought bubbles that he is never, ever going to volunteer to do anything again. They finish dinner and Juan volunteers to clear the table and wash the dishes (so much for his resolution☺) He falls, and breaks the plates.

In the Cachon residence, the Cachon ladies are eating dinner. Alirio is with them. They are sad and they all sigh at the same time. Alirio asks what the problem is. Nidia tells him that they miss Juan, he was the soul of the house. Alirio says that he can do the same things that Juan did. Nidia says, are you sure? Fine, do the dishes, that was Juan’s job. Alirio is not a happy camper.

Ana and Juan are looking at old Paula’s pictures, and they are commenting in how beautiful she was. Juan – And in the inside my silver goddess was even more beautiful….. those eyes, those eyes kill me. I don’t know how to explain what happened that day. It was something that hit me here very deep inside… it was like if I had found a treasure… like if I was discovering the most profound (feelings, thoughts) of my adored hembra (female). I realized that the owner of those eyes was the owner of my life… oh Paulita, you have been the love of my live, you are still the love of my life (this is a reference to a beautiful song “El Amor de Mi Vida” I found it in you tube, sorry I don’t know how to post links this is the URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuUFZ_oy1UQ

In the love nest, CL is getting dressed, Paula wants him to stay, but he says that he has a very early, important appointment, and he can’t show up with the same clothes. Paula doesn’t quite believe this, but apologizes and tells him that she is afraid that she is going to repeat her mother’s history.

Juan and Ana are still commenting on Paula. Juan says that the man that marries Paula, se va a sacar la loteria (will win the lottery). Ana wants to know about Juan’s life. He says his life is boring. Juan – My story is the same as other’s…. my mother raised me by herself because my father left. He said he left para abrirse camino to find opportunities. Ana – You (Juan and Mother) never went looking for him? Juan – My mother was a lady and she was more than enough for me. Ana – She must miss you a lot, Juan. Juan – No because every day, she sends me her blessings from heaven. She died when I was 14. Ana – and who did you stay with. Juan – I stayed with an aunt and uncle. They put me to work in the farm, and I said to myself, no Juanito, this is not for you, and I pele gayo left. Ana – Where did you go? Juan – I went from here to there, but always under the protection of my Saint Child of Atocha always until today that I’m here sitting with you in your living room.

At the Cachon residence, Marely is in his room looking at the street thru her window. Yadira enters and is looking for her yellow blouse, she realizes that Marely is waiting for Juan, and teases her. Marely tells her to leave her alone. Yadira says that she doesn’t want to bother her; it’s just that love hurts and doesn’t want Marely crying, she also tells her not to worry, because knowing their mother, Juan will be back very soon.

CL is in a taxi and is calling his friend. He asks for a favor, can his friend invite him to breakfast tomorrow morning? The friend says fine, but I want to know what is happening CL says he will explain tomorrow. They decide to see each other at 8:00 am

At Ana’s house, Juan is by himself the lights are off and Juan is looking at Paula’s pictures again by the light of a lamp. Juan – Those eyes, when I saw my Paula again in that picture I understood why the birds sing and the poets write verses. There is one (verse) that I read once and it stayed in my head: There are 4 things in life that are worth living for, but only 1 that is worth dying for, and that is you Paulita… I don’t know who wrote that (neither do I, sorry I tried looking for this poem, but I couldn’t find it☹), but that night, I felt it could have been me. He takes Paula’s picture and hides it in his shirt.

At CL’s house, his wife tells him that she didn’t hear him coming last night. He’s getting ready to go to breakfast with his friend, and tells her that he is leaving for Monterrey after breakfast and is coming back the next day. In a very calculated way (He makes it look like he is not happy having to go and that he wants to spend more time with her) he invites her to go to breakfast with him. She accepts.

At Ana’s house, the mechanic is telling her that whoever tried to fix her car, burnt the whole electric system, and he has to take the car to his repair shop.

Juan picks up Paula; she wants to know if he has slept well. He says yes, and he also tells her that he enjoyed looking at her pictures. He thinks that he can’t wait any longer to declare his love. Juan – Hay papa Diosito Oh father God, when she smiles at me like that I could melt and I can hear bells…but what was clear, is that I could not stay all my life only talking, and I said to myself al ritmo del saxofon menos palabras y mas accion at the rythm of the saxophone less words and more action. He invites Paula and her mother to dinner tonight. Paula is enchanted and accepts.

In the Car, CL and Monica talk. Monica tells CL that Nidia Cachon called her and invited her to the wedding. He doesn’t want to go. Monica insists, she says that she has already accepted the invitation, and they are going. CL says ok, but is not too happy about it.

At the office Marely is giving Paula her scheduled meetings and reports. Ana is not paying attention and interrupts her. Paula asks Marely for a favor, could she call Alberto Cardenas ‘cell and ask for CL? Marely doesn’t understand. Paula wants Marely to call and if CL answers she should hang up.

Ana arrives to CL’s house, she asks for Monica. Consuelo tells her that Monica left very early in the morning. Ana asks for Monica phone number and says that she will call her.

In the office Marely calls Alberto Cardenas’ cell and asks for CL. CL answers and Marely hangs up. She reports to Paula that yes CL is where he said he was going to be. Paula explains that she is in love with CL. Marely – But, isn’t he married? Paula – Not no more, he just got divorced. Marely – I didn’t know that. Paula – He doesn’t want anybody to know, because he doesn’t want people to gossip. Marely – Are you sure? Paula – Yes. Marely – Then why the phone call? Don’t you trust him? Paula – Sometimes I don’t. Marely looks worried.

We are back to Juan in the parking lot. He is day dreaming. We see him dancing with Paula and we hear this song in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dvrDc8bW-I. Juan – I could imagine myself telling her Paulita, Por alto que este el cielo en el mundo, por hondo que sea el mar profundo no habra barrera en el mundo que este amor profundo no rompa por ti. It doesn’t matter how high is the sky of this world, it doesn’t matter how deep is the sea in this world there will not be a barrier in this world that my profound love will not break for you (This a reference to this song http://youtube.com/watch?v=brlfYIiljLw ) This night with the approval of my mother in law maybe I mataba dos pajaros de un tiro could kill 2 birds with one stone (do two things at the same time) and I could ask her hand in marriage, but this can’t be possible if Fernando didn’t show up and soon because he was my only salvation, I need to have some money for the dinner, because sin dinero no baila el perro without money the dog doesn’t dance (in other words he needs money)

CL and his wife Monica, are coming out of the restaurant, she is asking him what does he prefer boy or girl? He stops and tells her that he forgot to get some papers from Alberto, he goes back into the restaurant and tells his friend that he has to hire Ana, it is a case of death and life. His friend smiles and says sure, but tell me, is this Ana your lover? He says no, her daughter and you have to maker her an offer she can’t refuse. His friend accepts. He goes back to the car and tells his wife that Alberto forgot the papers and he will fax them. He tells her is time to go to the airport. Fer drives them to the airport and CL gets down and takes his little luggage for his imaginary trip to Monterrey. He kisses his wife goodbye and tells her he’ll be back tomorrow. When Fer and his wife drive away we see CL looking to see if they have left. Fer drops Monica at her house and Consuelo tells her that Ana Davila was there and asked for her phone number. Monica wants to call her back as soon as possible.

In the mean time CL arrives to the office in a taxi and tells Juan to give his little luggage to Fernando to put back in the trunk of the car. He also tells him that Juan should be more discreet. CL tells him that he doesn’t care about his sexual preferences, but just be careful because his “indiscretions” could affect the image of the company. Juan tries to explain but CL doesn’t allow it and heads off to the office leaving a frustrated Juan behind.



CL enters the office and tells Yvonne that he has a very simple instruction. If his wife calls he is not here he is in Monterrey, he also tells her to call Pastor to his office.

We later see pastor in CL’s office he is denying that he (pastor) called him to his friend’s cell. If it wasn’t you then… who? Pastor – Well who knew you were having that appointment? CL – Monica and Paula. Pastor – Monica was with you then … CL – It was Paula!!!. Pastor – Blanco es, gallina lo pone, y frito con pan se come, this is a Mexican riddle and pastor is trying to make the point that the answer was obvious. The riddle would be; it is white, a hen lays it, you fry it and eat it with bread.

We get a really weird cut and now CL is in Paula’s office. He is really the master of deceit. He lays it thick and starts giving Paula the guilt trip, why did you call? Don’t you trust me? I don’t know you guys, but when my husband gets really, really mad for no apparent reason I know that there is something else there, all kind of warning bells should be ringing, but no, Paula just feels very sorry and apologizes. CL “forgives” her and leaves the office without kissing her when she tried to, like my grandmother used to say, No hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver, the worst blind is the one that doesn’t want to see, but I digress. We get another weird cut and CL is back at his office laughing and congratulating Pastor. Apparently while we were not looking Pastor told CL how to manipulate Paula. CL is worried about something else. How is he going to keep Paula and Monica since he loves both women? Not to worry Pastor to the rescue. He suggest that when Paula is really in love with him, he should come to her and confess that he has to go back to his wife because she is expecting his child. He is going to tell her that he is going to sacrifice his love for her (Paula) to make sure his child has a home. CL thinks this is brilliant. (Forgive me I have to barf).

While all of this is happening Fer arrives to the office. Juan wants to know why he is arriving so late and without the boss. Fer tells him to be careful and remember la curiosidad mato al gato, curiosity killed the kitty (you know, as a warning that he shouldn’t ask so many questions) Fer tells him to go and see si ya puso la marrana if the sow laid an egg. (It means something like: Not just stand there, go and do something) Juan tells him that he was waiting for him; can he lend him some money? Fer says no. Juan insists, Fer wants to know what is going Juan to do with the money. Juan tells him he is taking Paula to dinner and is going to declare his love for her. Big impactado face from Fernando.

This is it. I just want to thank you for reading, and giving me the opportunity to sub while Sylvia was away.

Thank you
Maricruz

Labels:


Comments:
Hey Maricruz...sure appreciate the translations and explanations...I wouldn't have understood the riddle or the "si ya puso la marrana" without your invaluable help.
If I ever manage to hang on to all these expressions, I'll have quite a vocabulary!

Judy B.
 

Wow, Maricruz! Thanks again for a great recap! Those vocabulary additions are fabulous. I'd never have gotten the two Judy mentioned, and probably not several of the other dichos you gave us, either.

The more I see of Cesár Luis, the more I hope there's a special place in the infierno for guys like him. He reminds me of my first husband when he was living a double life with the woman he eventually married after he left me. (shudder) I thank my lucky stars for my husband, who is a gem.

Poor Juan. He's really setting himself up for misery soon.

Jeanne
 

By the way, Maricruz, I need a sub on September 8 and 15, if you're interested? I could post, because I can do that from anyplace I have internet access even if I can't watch. If you can't, I'll just post headers and let y'all comment.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder