Friday, September 07, 2007

Amar Sin Limites #37 Thursday, 9-7-07 - Lust is a Many Splendored Thing!

We start with a repeat of the end of yesterday's episode. I'm going to cheat by cutting and pasting 5Ft's recap, since she seems to understand the exchanges better than me:

Mauricio's office: Leo comes in and offers Mauricio and Eva drinks. She leaves and Eva says Leo's an intelligent woman with one flaw: she's in love. Eva fills in Mauricio about the conversation she had with Leo earlier--except for their deal. Eva says Andres isn't brilliant and he needs to come back to the house where Eva will be watching him. As she goes to leave, Mauricio asks if Diego's waiting for her. She says no, but remember, he's going with me to New York. Mauricio sits at his desk with his forehead in his hand.
IHoP: Anibal says he and Paco fought a lot, but he never wanted anything bad to happen to Paco. He asks if Lidia knows anything and Diego says they had a fight. Isela doesn’t think that's enough reason for Paco to have taken off without saying anything. Isela goes to wait on some customers. Anibal tells Diego the cops have been looking for Paco for a week. Diego asks why Anibal fought with his dad. Anibal says it was over something stupid. Diego calls BS on that. Anibal tells him that he and Manuel dated Isela at the same time: eight years ago, after Anibal's wife (Paco's mom) died. Diego does the math and the numbers don't look good for Manuel. Anibal says he and Isela had a big fight and then Manuel asked her out. Anibal confirms that yes, this all happened while Diego's parents were married. Diego asks Anibal not to call his dad a "desgraciado", but then he agrees, his dad is a "desgraciado." Don't believe your dictionary, he doesn't mean "a disgrace" he means "a cheating bastard." Dramatic music plays as the frame freezes on Diego's disgusted face.

Isela is mad at Anabolic for telling Diego the truth about Isela's and Papa's relationship. "Are you crazy? You're an idiot!"

Meanwhile, Diego is leaving in a huff. Flavor wants to know what's going on. Diego refers to the fight between Papa and Anabolic. Flavor asks Diego, "Didn't you know Anabolic fired Papa from the insurance company?" I'm not sure if Flavor thinks the fight was over Papa getting fired. Whatever it is, Diego is off to get to the bottom of it.

Flavor starts hitting on Morticia and telling her how beautiful she is. He wants to take her dancing. Morticia isn't too sure at first but "tasty" Flavor convinces her. Azul and Diego's love theme plays.

Papa's Palace of Pain: Diego stomps into the house where Papa is reading the paper. Diego asks him how work went. Papa says he got off early. Diego then asks about Anabolic. "He's angry," says Papa. Finally Diego spits out that he talked to Flavor and Flavor says Papa was fired. Papa then asks Diego, why all the questions if he knows the answers. Diego then tells Papa he knows all about the affair with Isela. Papa and Diego get into a fight until Mama walks in and wants to know what all the shouting is about. Diego announces he's moving out and needs to pack. No one tells Mama the true reason for the fight. After Diego storms off, Mama wants to know QtH is going on. Papa says it's nothing. He'd like to take Mama out for dinner. "Did Diego find out about your affair with Isela?" Papa wants to know who told her. Papa then announces he's lost his appetite for dinner and walks out.

Evil Eva the Dominatrix makes Ivan the Terrible check for messages. He tells her only Burgay has called. She then makes ItT call Diego. ItT calls and gets Mama. Mama makes small talk with EEtD while they are waiting for Diego to take the call. EEtD wants to have a drink with Diego. They have a brief conversation about a chauffer, but I don't understand. It really doesn't seem to be a terribly important conversation. Diego agrees to meet EEtD. Mama tries to tell Diego to be careful. EEtD is a very powerful woman and Mama doesn't like what EEtD may be getting Diego into. Diego looks clueless. Mama doesn't want Diego to move out. Diego says he can no longer live with Papa, "But don't worry I'll see you every day."

Azul and Ceci are in their beds watching TV. Azul is mad that Ceci keeps changing the channel. Dang, Azul sure is annoying! Anyway, they discuss Leo and the sway she seems to hold over Mo and Andres. I think Ceci wants Azul to get Leo fired. I also believe there is some crack made alluding to how Azul managed to get Ceci fired. I encourage any of our viewers to fill in anything I may have missed in this scene.

Diego shows up at EEtD's suite. She asks if he's in a bad mood. Diego admits he is, but not with her. He's mad at Papa. Papa is a lying, cheating, ne'er do well who has been a jerk to Mama. Diego says he needs to get a room in a hotel, but EEtD prefers he stay with her. Diego doesn't think that's such a good idea. "When we're in NY, we'll have to share a room," says EEtD. Diego says there's no way he can go to NY. He doesn't have a visa or passport. EEtD says that won't be a problem; she can fix that problem in no time. Finally Diego admits he doesn't want to leave Mama's side in her time of need. "Is that the truth?" asks EEtD. "Yup. What else could it be?" replies Diego. Geez! EEtD relents, gives him a quick kiss, and walks off to take a cold shower.

The next morning Azul tells Mo she's not coming in to work if Ceci can't come with her. She has everything she needs at her apartment. Mo can email her if he needs anything. Mo says it's not his fault that Ceci can't be there; it's EEtD's fault. Azul won't budge, big surprise, and hangs up on Mo. Mo is mad and takes it out on Leo. I couldn't quite catch the exchange.

Diego is diagonally splayed out on the bed. ItT asks EEtD about the plane. She wants more time before she leaves. She then climbs on top of a dozing Diego and asks if he either loves her or wants her just a little bit. He replies he either loves her or wants her a bunch. That seems to satisfy her for now. She says she's going to take a bath and invites him to join her. Although he's half asleep, he seems to think that's a swell idea. It looks like EEtD has worn him out!

Azul is working from home when the doorbell rings. It's Mo trying to make nice. Azul is still mad; he's treating her like a 10-year-old by not letting her best friend visit her. Mo tries to say it's not his fault; it's EEtD's. Their business is very sensitive in nature and they can't run the risk of having a bunch of people in and out. Azul's tired of the secrets and feeling shut out. She finally tells him to leave. She needs time to think about her career. He says he'll call her tomorrow, but she corrects him, "I'll call YOU!"

EEtD is getting ready to leave. Diego offers to take her to the airport, but she says there's no need. She wants him to give something to Mo ASAP. She then says she's going to miss him and wants him to be careful. Blah, blah, blah. She's obviously stalling because she doesn't want to leave her boy toy to his own devices.

Close up shot of Andres tucking his shirt into his pants. Leo, of course, isn't far away. She tries to talk him out of leaving. He's tired of being held prisoner in the Mansion of Madness. He's putting on cologne and Leo is getting frantic. She's losing her hold over him. Lots of inappropriate touching which ratchets up the "Ick Factor." He then refers to her as "Tia" and walks out. She goes over to his cologne and rubs the bottle over her neck with her head tipped back in ecstasy. Finally she says, "He called me Tia!" and throws the bottle across the room and screams. Uh Oh!!!! Trouble in paradise!!!

GCSSD is sitting with a cigarette dangling from his lips. Apparently he can't get into the lab. He orders a sandwich and coffee from one of the housekeepers and is waiting, when Diego shows up. He tells Diego Mo isn't around and GCSSD can't get into his lab unless Mo opens the door. Diego thinks it's odd that GCSSD doesn't have keys to his lab. GCSSD replies he has keys to part of the lab, but not to the part where his things are located. He asks if Diego knows anything about the work, but Diego is clueless. GCSSD says he'll show Diego the area outside the lab, since only Mo can open the door. Suspenseful music plays.

Ceci is seated in a restaurant asking the waiter if they have any job openings. In walks Andres and I'm really wishing I was Ceci. What a pity Andres is such a psycho abuelo-killer. He's even smiling; I wish I could get a close up of those dimples of his! He wants to know what Ceci was saying to the waiter. *** Would you like a cup of paranoia to go with that psychosis? *** Ceci says she really needs a job and was asking if there were any waitress openings. Andres doesn't want her working as a waitress. He alludes to the fact it sucks working for people like Mo. She then mentions that he should quit his job. She tells him how smart he is and could do anything he wants; he should tell Mo to take a hike. He says he can't quit, but after Ceci starts asking questions, he says he doesn't want to talk about it. He says he's not like Mo; Ceci replies "Thank God for that!" They then start kissing. ***SIGH***

GCSSD is showing Diego the monitor that records what goes on in the lab. He works with bacteria, viruses, really cool stuff. Diego is impressed. GCSSD then goes on to say only Mo has the key to that lab. GCSSD points out how MO can watch every action taken by GCSSD. Finally they give up waiting and leave.

EEtD is babbling on and on to Burgay about how pure and wonderful Diego is. She needs Burgay to find him an equally pure and wonderful job that is LEGAL! She doesn't want her little boy toy doing anything that might sully his reputation. He's so smart and honest, etc. etc. Burgay looks at EEtD like she's totally lost it. Yup, she is showing signs of weakness. Burgay says Diego is just a dopey clothing salesman who doesn't know anything about business. EEtD's rambles for awhile until the light bulb goes on over her head. Find him a clothing business to run! If there was any doubt in Burgay's mind, there is no longer. EEtD has officially gone soft! She gives Burgay a big hug in gratitude.

GCSSD has decided to show up and surprise Emilia. She asks if they have a session scheduled, but he replies, "No. I just wanted to visit you. I should have called first but I don't use my cell phone. I can't get into my office and figured I'd come for a visit." Emilia says she has an hour until her first patient. They make small talk about Azul and Azul's thesis until GCSSD interrupts and tells Emilia how beautiful she looks in her turquoise Flashdance outfit. Emilia gets all giddy.

EEtD is still waxing poetic about her Diego. Burgay isn't really keen on the idea of her giving Diego a business to run. She tells Burgay it's not a request; it's an order. Find a clothing business for my Diegito. "Find a store struggling financially and make them an offer they can't refuse. I want this issue resolved by the time I return from NY." Burgay is skeptical, but what the hey. Whatever EEtD wants; EEtD gets!

GCSSD is still hitting on Emilia. He says how cool it is that he gets to work with deadly microorganisms and try to find antidotes. She seems to be impressed. Finally he says he doesn't want to talk about work any more. They have an hour until her first patient and her maid has gone to the market. He would really like to kiss her. She seems a little taken aback at first, but she seems to dig GCSSD. He weasels his way over to the sofa next to her and they kiss. Sappy music plays.

Burgay starts strong-arming a politician to find a clothing business in financial trouble that EEtD can buy. EEtD wants to get into the clothing business. Ramon, the politician, looks a little uneasy but apparently EEtD has a lot of dirt on him. He'll try to help as best he can.

Just when I thought I could make it through an episode without having to watch Piero and Lidia doing the "Leach-Lip" thing. Ugh! Lidia pushes him into a chair and does a flying leap on top of him. They are vacuuming each other's faces when the office door opens. It's Piero's wife, Lucia. The look of hurt on Lucia's face is pathetic. She calls Lidia a slut.

Credits roll.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the great recap, Klee. I enjoyed your comments, too. I don't like watching the Science Guy putting the moves on . Please stop, Science Guy. I guess Lidia has completely forgotten about poor Paco . She is scary. That was quite a leap she made on to Piero. They kiss like 2 Emilioooos from ''Duelo de Pasiones.''...yes, like 2 widemouthed bass. Enough already with the dueling tongues. If I were the wifey I'd be saying ''Good riddance .'' Piero is a loathsome , arrogant, conceited cad. Why can't Evileva be interested in him??? Oh yeah...because he is not pure and good like Diego. [The guy who seems to jump into bed with any female who smiles at him.] And Andres is hot...a sociopath and a coldblooded killer but even so, I prefer him to any other male on this show...especially Piero...I hate Piero.
 

Aah yes, Aah-ndres!! ***SIGH***

I about gag every time I see Lidia and Piero doing their thing. Actually, they seem pretty evenly matched on the gag-o-meter.

Diego doesn't trip my trigger either. Not sure why, perhaps he just doesn't have that dark, smoldering, appeal. Oh, and Aah-ndres' dimples! I wish I had watched Alborado :(

I guess my problem with Diego is that he seems so simple. . .and loose! At least Aah-ndres has only slept with one woman. The fact that the one woman is his aunt is a mere technicality. As my hubby points out, it's all relative.
 

Lidia and Pierro...ROFL...I really hope these two actors are good friends in real life because it looks like they are really into each other (oops..poor choice of words there).

Lidia reminds me of a Rodney Dangerfield routine where he talks about his daughter finally getting her driver's license and the picture is horizontal...

I still don't get Eva. I mean, other than her face, she really isn't that scarey. I just saw the new movie, 3:10 to Yuma. In one scene, Russel Crowe, who plays a killer, says, "I'd never be able to lead a group of men like that if I wasn't worse than they were". I just can't see Eva being the leader of anything. In reality she'd find herself looking up at flower roots in a real hurry!

I did feel sorry for PIerro's wife. She really doesn't deserve the pain that her sleazeball husband gives her. Nothing like catching your husband with his hand in the cookie jar. (Ooohhh, another really bad choice of words!)
 

Ha Ha, Karen. You really like the dimples. I agree Andres is cute. Diego is a simpleton. Evil Eva is ridiculous. Azul is annoying.

I didn't watch this episode, so I can leave all the tongue wrestling to the imagination.

I bet they will end up buying Diego's old clothing store for him.
 

So then, let's review. Diego is pure and good and loose and simple. [I vote for only the last 2 adjectives.] Annnnndres can be forgiven for being a murdering sociopath who slept with his tia because of the dimples and scoring a 10 on the hot-o-meter. [I am down with that.] Anyone who didn't catch Alborada can get a little taste of Andres [that rhymed]as the faithful , strong, brave, d Marcos by getting the dvd [a condensed version of that terrific telenovela] on ebay or in some stores...it's about $20. I got my from Target online.
 

One aspect of this show that seems rather "progressive" if that's the term is that we have a hell of a lot of cheating going on. No virginal leads here. It reminds me of those ads for Asi es la Vida.
 

Thank you Klee for the recap.
First of all, can I say that there is a line from the Young Guns movie
that is apropo for miss(weepy) Lidia," Why my dear, because...Your
a Whore". I mean really people.
Azul and Diego scene was boring as
watching flies mate. Until, Hot! Adreas walked in the door. My heart
could not take it. Oh my God, then out comes Diego! I had imagined a collective scream all over telenovel land, then Azul, nude and happy as a clam. I can not wait to see what Andreas will do with that golden piece of infomation. This show is great because of the unexpected. I
love it.
Shouldn't the main male character be the hottest character?
Diego's hair looks to mated. combined with his one alien ear together makes him look a little leprechaunish for my taste. He could be the sweet friend type.
Okay I am going out on a limb here
and say that I think Azul dad is kinda hot. There I've said it.( A side from the smoking,that is). I have since the start. Hotter than Azul. However, did you catch glowing in the restaurant, after the lovemaking. That was cute.
Okay, Thanks You All!
Parthenia
 

Thanks for the recap Klee. I too think Andres is handsome but the whole psycho/abuelo killing is off putting for me. I have to second Susanlynn and tell you to get the Alborada DVD quickly. In that novela he's handsome and good.
 

So both actors who Mo and Andres are playing against type? This is a really unusual novela in a lot of respects.
 

I am new to the site and really enjoying the excellent recaps and comments. I hope I can join in. I have been watching novelas for several years as a way to improve my Spanish comprehension. Not sure how much I've improved, but I'm now totally hooked on the novelas.

Amar started so slowly that I almost gave up on it, but the action has picked and now I'm in. I think it's the plot twists, twisted characters and unusual themes. Please count me in on the Andres love train. I fell in love with Marcelo as sweet, solid Marco in Alborado, but seem to recall he was kind of a bad guy in Heridas. Ni modo. I could watch a scene of him just tucking in his shirt, putting on cologne, or flashing that rare dimpled smile. I'm only mad at him for offing Abuelo as the first two hits were ordered by Mauricio. Still confused though as to why he was smiling flirtatiously at Arnaldo at the engagement party, I thought they were taking him in a different direction, but here he is with Ceci (lucky girl).

My major kudos on this show are for Rene Strickler for his portrayal of Mauricio. Totally against type from his usual homogenized, white-bread goody two shoes roles. He's doing a great job here and is a really scary character with his malevolent grin. Can't say the same for Azul and Diego who are without doubt the most bland and irritating main couple I've ever seen on a novela. Bah. Any of the supporting characters are more compelling than these two goofballs.

Again, thanks for the great recaps and comments.
 

Welcome, Jestena! Part of the fun of this site is interacting with the fans. Thanks for adding your two-bits.

I was beginning to think I was the only one on the Aah-ndres 'Love Train,' as you so aptly put it. I hate what he did to Abuelo, but hey, it'd only a telenovela :)
 

Yeah, Andres is a hottie. And especially now that we have this new, casual version of Andres who actually smiles and makes jokes instead of looking scared and constipated all the time. If only he didn't have that murderous streak.
 

I think that makes it unanimous, everyone loves Andres. That could be the name of his spinoff sitcom - "Everyone Loves Andres", where he kills people but everyone loves him anyway when he smiles at them and tucks in his shirt.
 

Ferro***I think that you are on to something here. Hmmm ''Everybody Loves Andres''...a catchy title. I guess that he would not be living with a wife and 3 adorable kids and have his parents and older brother living across the street though. Who knew that tucking in a shirt could be that sexy????? Women are interesting , aren't they??? We don't like Diegooo because he just can't say ''no'' even though he has not caused any bodily harm to anyone except perhaps by hugging a little too energetically. But, Andresss, the sociopath and killer ...we can forgive because........well..... you know why we can forgive him.
 

Two of my other novela "novios" are Jorge Salinas and Fernando Colunga, both of whom usually play the good guy or at least have more redeeming qualities than faults. However, I must admit to being drawn also to Cesar Evora, particularly in his dark maldito roles. The only part I didn't like him in was as a priest. Hmmmm. Maybe it's time I scheduled a session with la doctora Emilia to address my distrubing attraction to shady tv characters. But then, Emilia seems to have missed the part of her therapy training that covered ethics. In no time at all she'd be yammering to one and all about my innermost secrets.
 

Tucks his shirt in, untucks his shirt...I'm fine with whatever :)
 

I'm still waiting for a female character on this show to raise temperatures in us men the way Andres does for you ladies. Azul is very attractive, but not quite steamy. I'll remain hopeful.
 

Poor Ferro! You're right though, the female characters in this show are amazingly boring. Morticia was in "Apuesta por una Amor" (I think I got that title right) of which I watched a few episodes and, even though I'm not attracted to women in THAT way, I thought she looked very beautiful and sexy in that.

She played that sort of hooker with the heart of gold part and had really pretty hair, makeup and clothing. It's a shame that they make her so depressing and bland in this one.

In fact, none of the actresses in this show have the good clothing, hair, jewelry or makeup much less a part where they could show some charm and sexyness.

If you compare that to Maria in La Madrastra, who really isn't all that good looking but, boy!, they really dressed her well and gave her good makeup and then her own personality did the rest. I LOVED watching her torture Esteban with that guy Gerardo!

maybe they just need to hire actresses who can act a little better?

KateP - (also on the guiltily attracted to Andres bandwagon.)
 

Ferro...watch Yo Amo A Juan Queredon if you want some female eye-candy. Even the actress that plays Nidia grows on you a bit. Of course that's usually after a six pack or two!!

Azul reminds a bit of Jennifer Love Hewitt who I'd happily leave my wife and have her babies if she'd let me...Jennifer has a much better personality though.

By the way, I was looking in my dictionary and I came across a very interesting fact...

The Spanish word for wife is "esposa". The Spanish word for handcuffs is "esposas"....

Not that I'm implying anything here!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder