Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Destilando 9/19 - in which people get all bent out of shape over a stupid cocktail party.

Sofia orders Frankie to miss the cocktail party. He sarcastically says "I will obey, Your Majesty," but then mutters: "I'm the one who gives the orders around here."

Isa yells at Rod: "I'm your wife, like it or not, and should be by your side when your new tequila is inaugurated." "How soon they forget - you opposed this project from the start!"

Gav remembers Rod saying "Your kisses are my delirium."

Pilar tells Daniela about her meeting with Gaviota. "She was respectable and honest, I liked her. She said she was just trying to avoid a scene." Daniela thanks Pilar who says, "I'm going along for Avalleneda's sake, not hers. Still, deep down I've always dadmired her - except for her lies and her low-class past." "All her lies were told for Rod's sake." Pilar says she looked into Gaviota's eyes and saw that her love for Rodrigo is real.

Clarita is especially feeble-minded throughout tonight's episode. She pouts over Gaviota's having taken a meeting with Pilar, says, "Life is going by and you're alone, my dear," and offers the chocolates brought by Hilario. Gav is interested to hear Hilario will be in Manzanilla filming a toothpaste commercial - she and Dr. Blondie will be there too - followed by a stop at the hacienda. Clarita suggests she could chaperone the trip to assuage Rodrigo's XXL jealousies and reminds us: "Jealousy causes misfortunes."

SanJuana continues with her nuanced campaign to win back Hilario's affections - which is to say, she constantly thrusts her breasts into his face and breaths down his nostrils. [If she doesn't watch out, she will turn out to be Nidia.] She reminds him: "You asked me to marry you!" "You turned me down flat!" She drinks and says, "I've changed," he says he doesn't believe her.

"Have you got another woman?" "I've got lots of them! There's nothing left of that browbeaten ranchero." It's late, he tells the maid to go home. He and his randy houseguest watch tv and drink and though he says SanJuana must leave next day, eventually he yields. They have at it.

Bruno, Aaron, and Rodrigo all refuse their wives' demands that they boycott the cocktail party. It's important business for them. In retaliation, Minerva says she'll go on another trip. "Remember my trip to the Greek Isles, my trip around the world?" Aaron laughs and asks where she'll hide this time, or if she'll visit her aunt again.

Pammie aka Rubberlips is still going on and on about the USB full of Aaron's dirty business doings. Her mom says she'll be too busy to go to the cocktail party; Pammie starts thinking she'll accompany her father instead - probably Aaron will be there!

Rod is dressing up very nicely - Isa in her silken shorties, toting Rickie, mocks him - "You're preening for Gaviota, aren't you!? You'll see her tonight. Rickie, say goodbye to your father, look at him for the last time." "Your blackmail doesn't move me any more." Isa remarks on how Dr. Blondie is hitting on Gaviota. "You were first, Aaron second, who knows how many more, now Dr. Blondie is ninth or tenth? She's a real professional." As usual, unfortunately, this talk gets Rod's limited attention.

Gav is all dressed up, Clarita whines and practically sucks her thumb as she looks up from under her eyebrows and wheedles that she wants to come to the cocktail party. Gav says it's business; Clarita guilt-trips her about being embarrassed by her mother; Gav denies it and invites her. Oy! "But ma - don't jump up and down - behave well and don't get drunk."

Daniela calls Dr. Tejeiros (he of the turkey baster) and makes an appointment. She wants to find out if Isa really was inseminated with Rod's sperm. Frankie overhears and, repeating the odd call to Sofia, finds out this was Isa's doctor.

Aaron is on the phone to Oñate, loudly telling him to procure falsified export licenses, when his daddy Bruno appears. He tells his dad he's found a cheap new distiller. "Who?" "I can't tell, you and I are competitors now." Now Rod appears. Aaron tells him the $5 million is paid off. "It isn't false?" Rod asks. They all admit they're going to the cocktail party despite the wives' heavy pressure. Aaron teases that he's looking forward to seeing Mariana again. "Don't let's do what we'll regret later," Rod warns.

The witch wives have gathered at Isa's place. Fedra's new plan is to call those tequila wives who received invitations to the event and convince them not to go; she is convinced that strong bonds have resulted from her twenty-some years of attending these meetings.

The phone rings; Isa gets Frankie's heads-up about the turkey-baster doctor (Frankie then lies to Sofia, saying he's having dinner with his cousin). Isa calls Tejeiros and begs him to do something. He says continuing with this farce will land him in jail. "I'll pay you, the same amount as last time. Just cancel that meeting with Daniela... this is the last time I'll ask you for a favor..."

Ofelia is cooking when Roman comes in complaining: SanJuana is gone and took her bags. "Good riddance!" "But how could she leave without telling us?" "That's her ill manners, are you surprised?" Seeing as how SanJuana never did a lick of work, her services will not be missed. "She must have left for some man, I pity him once she has her talons in him..."

Speak of the devil, SanJuana brings Hilario breakfast in bed, his head is splitting from a hangover, he compliments her food, it's almost as good as mom's, she strokes him, it's looking bad but hurrah, the phone rings! It's his agent Casandra, he's almost gonna miss his plane to go shoot the toothpaste commercial. He brusquely brushes SanJuana off: "I have my life and there's no place in it for you." "Well, I'm not leaving."

Working round the clock with teams of experts, Gaviota has managed to get scores of couches covered with plastic wrap and fake flower arrangements, she dusts the tables. Dr. Blondie asks her for water: "I don't have any coffee!!!" Nancy says she's never seen him this hysterical.

Rod calls, all jealous as usual. While he's on the phone, Dr. Blondie, who has been pacing like a crazy person shouting and shouting, shouts even louder! "GAVIOTAAAAA!!" Only Rod is allowed to shout like this, thinks Rod! "Gaviota, pass the phone to that neurotic!"

Rod's shouting at one of her ears through the telephone, Dr. Blondie is shouting into the other. Rod's threat: "If he shouts at you tonight, I'll break his face!"

Labels:


Comments:
Nice recap. I'm laughing at the sad fake centerpieces, the plastic covered sofas, and the little booths. What the hell.
Did you notice that Ms. Pammie's hair color matched the accent wall? and what about Sanjuana's rasquachi huaraches? Do you think she kept them on?
So are we betting that Frankie tells Sofie la petite fleur that he's going to the pahty? or is the skunk just going to show up?
Someone really ought to tell the gallos that the hissy fits are not becoming.
VV
 

Lots of funny little power struggles tonight, spilling all over the episode. I was hoping the party wasn't going to go for three or four episodes but, guess I was too optimistic. Maybe I'm just tired tonight but Dr. Coffee was annoying, SanWhinney was really annoying, the hard liquor slugging brujas with their telephoning were repetitively annoying. But, Rod was quite funny with his quips about suegro paying back the debt late and not knowing if Gavi would like his suit, but sticking his chest out like a peacock as he said it. Then he got annoying by losing his temper again and yelling at Dr. C's yelling.
I finally liked something Abuela Pilar did. She seems more awake than in earlier episodes, there is hope for her in the future.
 

And one more thing..... Is Dr. Turkeybaster about to crack? Isa better ante up those checks if she's going to have him throw Dani off the scent. My money is always on Dani hanging in with the best brain (and heart of the bunch).
 

Question:
What became of Aron & Freda's test
on the babies hair. Did they go threw with it, and how did that plan get derailed?
How come every time someone goes to find out about Issy's lied she get wind of it. I was hoping that Dani who be the victor. I like Dani.
Thanks
 

yeah-what about that DNA test. Wonder if I missed an episode that revealed the results. I was disapointed that the party wasn't last night, but what a soire' iy looks to be. I do hope that they take the visqeen off the furniture, tho. Maybe not, are they expecting alot of spill of food/tequila? Is there an episode tonite? Seemed that they were touting the next show on friday...dorado dave
 

I know Fedra wanted to make those phone calls and I even saw her going through the list; however, they haven't actually started making those calls yet, have they? I'm just asking because I suspect that all the women are going to laugh at the Montalvo brujas at the suggestion that they miss a chance to dress up and show off their jewels.
 

No episode tonight, Dorado Dave.

I think Aaron was told that the DNA wasn't a match, but is keeping that info under his hat for now.
 

thanks, Julie, for snswering both of my questions...dd
 

anon 134-
i thought when isa passed the phone to sophie (after frankie's warning call) that Frankie told Sophie he'll be having dinner elsewhere.

meaning, cinderella-man is going to the ball.

and since Clarita asked if Jose can come along too it will be interesting!
 

The DNA test came back that the kid doesn't carry the family genes. Aaron has choosen to keep his mouth shut about this...Until he can rent, buy or impregnate someone. He wants Isa/Rod toether cause he thinks that Rod will impregnate Gavi at first opportunity (redunant)...and thus there goes the family fortune.

Now then I really liked Gavi's outfit yesterday. Gavi get all the rewards, cause first Clarita what a freakin nightmare. Then putting up with all that screaming..De Blondie is as big a control freak AssHat as Rod or Aaron. Too bad she didn't work for Bruno. He seems a bit more even tempered
 

When did Aaron get the DNA results? I sure missed it. JudyG
 

I thought Sofia was the dim wit of the Montalvo coven but apparently they are all vieing for the title. How do they think they are going to get away with calling all the other wives and word not get back to anybody. The only thing they have going for them is persistence.

Rod's jealous rants and screaming are getting on my last nerve already exacerbated by Dr. Coffee and Clarita.

I had the wild idea this morning that Rod is not a real Montalvo but Gavi is. All the Montalvos are fair but Rod is dark. Gavi is fair. If the old man had an affair with Clarita (that boggles the mind) Gavi could be a true heir, Rod could have been secretly adopted as has been mentioned before. Think about how those revelations would drive everyone over the edge. What fun!!!!!!

Oops and poor rubber-lips - look like she spent WAY to much time in a tanning booth. Orange skin and bozo red hair do not a pretty picture make.
 

Excellent recap of a really exciting episode. I agree with all comments about Clarita's behavior. I don't find it funny, cute or amusing. I find it very annoying. It gives the impression that she's retarded. Initialy I thought she had a heck of a lot of nerve wanting to mix in with the "upper class". But after reading the recap and the comments, I see that that's the only way they could get Jose to come face to face with Pancho. Cause you know darn well he's going. Now, I'm excited about it. I just hope she doesn't get drunk and embarass Gavi. One last comment: That Dr Coffee gets on my nerves with his hollering. Everytime Gavi gets on the phone with Rod you can predict that he's going to show up with that love struck pitiful lool on his face. Gavi is having enough problems with Rod. She doesn't need another man to complicate her life. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it;>)
 

I joined this novela after it had started. Who is Jose?
Thanks!
 

Oops, make that a "love struck, pitiful look on Dr Coffee's face:) Diane
 

Maggie, Jose is Clarita's best friend and she's also Frankie's mother. Frankie had fake parents at his wedding because he didn't want the Montalvo's to know that he's from a poor, single family home. Also, he's illigitimate and his father's last name was De la Vega. The Montalvo's accepted him into the family based on his name.
I don't think that he's aware that his mother read in the paper about the wedding (not that he cares).
 

Thank you Diane! I remember Jose now. I was thinking that Jose was a man. How does a woman come to be named Jose?
 

Maggie-Jose is the mother of Francisco. Her name is Jose something, but they just say Jose.
She does not know that much about her son's life right now. She found out about his marriage to Sophia by seeing the newspaper society section! She has never met
Sophia. She has been a friend of Clarita and Gaviota since they moved to Mexico City.
 

Hee Hee ! Great recap! Love the way you put it how Rod yells in the phone at Gav that he doesn't want Dr. Coffee yelling at her...guess only HE is allowed to yell at her!!!

As for Jose, I think her name is Josefina, they just call her jose for short.
 

A total shout out to all the Dr Coffee haters, damn this guy is annoying! Lurk much? I can see how Rod & Gavi fell in love so fast..what with the tree of spawning first time etc...but Dr Coffee, get a frickin grip..Gavi has done nothing to encourage this "Nerd",

Now my other complaint..computer wiz that Gavi is, you know she would have googled images and seen a picture of Frankie. I think Clarita told her Dona Jose's kid married Sofie.

See that is my only complaint with these stories..(yeah right my only), sometimes they just skip right over common human nature..

I think Clarita is "slow", I'm not judging her, but she speaks slowing and has that slow confused look most of the time
 

Yike, I can't help thinking what a disaster is in the works with Clarita and jose showing up at the party. Can't you just see them gushing over those white sofas, hopefully with the plastic removed, and slugging down all the free tequila. I cringe just thinking about it. How long will it take before Clarita wants Gavi to sing? Considering the way they act you almost can't blame Frankie for trying to distance himself and step up the social ladder.
 

I'm thinking "Jose" must be short for "Josefina" or somesuch.

Interesting observation about the Montalvos' coloring, Decie Girl - now that you mention it, Rodrigo is a lot different from the rest of the family physique-wise, too. They're all regular-size and he's gigantic.

JudyG - you didn't miss much with the big DNA revelation. It was nothing more than a brief phone conversation, I believe, and pretty low on drama. He didn't even twirl his mustache.

A day or two ago we were wondering about Dr. Blondie's health. I wondered if his crazed behavior last night might be a clue. He's been in stressful situations before, but never flipped out like that. Brain tumor, maybe? Or could he have some type of vascular illness that he'd been unknowingly self-medicating with caffeine all that time?

No, seriously - last night was over the top, even for him, and especially considering he'd run out of coffee. With caffeine withdrawal, he should have been moaning in pain from a headache and struggling to stay awake, not bouncing off the walls and screaming at his staff to triple-check everything.
 

Loved the recap and the comments as well. Some made me laugh until I cried. I'll betcha that Clarita and Jose are gonna be the stars of that party. Think about this: in this novela almost all of the rich and famous are the bad guys. So, I don't perceive of them having a high class ball without any incidents from the other side of the tracks. (I can even imagine Rod having one of his loud,jealous rages).
 

Thanks for the recap, Melinama.
I loved Aron calling Minnie's bluff on her threat to go on another trip to the Greek isles!
Or rather, to her tia in Spain. :)

Gavi is really dumb at times; why should she take Clarita to a business event? What an embarrassment!

I was wondering if Pammie's tan was from the sun , a tanning booth, or a self-tanner. Maybe she went to the Greek isles. Like Minnie. :)
 

I'm waiting to see what Clarita wears to the big party. Hope she can keep her most outrageous behavior in check, but I doubt it. Dr. Coffee needs to go in his office and breathe deeply for about 30 min. Gavi did look pretty in her outfit. Wasn't too crazy about the one the day before, with a bunch of little ruffles at the back. Too fussy.
 

Thanks, Melinama, for the clever recap. I'd like someone who would promise to break the faces of people who yell at me...that would be completely awesome. Also, show of hands, how many out there have had someone say to you, ''Your kisses are my delirium.''?????? I think the agave is about to hit the fan, folks. Step back. Especially steer clear of Frankie...he is on borrowed time...the dumbass. And how are Sophie and Min going to find out that Isa slept with their hombres???
 

To anoynomous: What does the comment about clarita and gavi and how "no wonder Frankie wants to climb the later and to distance himself from them. So far,he has had nothing to do with either of them and he only saw gavi a few times and she turned him down????
 

Although the Anon who made the remark about Frankie wanting to distance himself etc. He/she could have used Frankie's own mother as an example. I think Anon made a good point. Personally I don't whoever wrote that was trying to justify Frankie's behavior. I took it more as humor directed at that type behavior. So, even if the names didn't fit, the comment sure does fit free loading social ladder climbing Frankie. I can't wait to see his face when they all meet at the grand fiesta.
 

My comment should read: "I don't think whoever wrote that was trying to justify Frankies behavior."
 

Tks, Melinama!

Yes, indeedy!! I do believe that if Jose goes with Clarita and Frankie sneaks in with the "big" boys and then, from the looks of that confrontation between Alonso and Hot-to-Trot-Rod, we are in for some heavy duty fireworks tonight. In fact, this party has got "Animal House" food fight written all over it....AND I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!

Julie: yes, I believe Fedra made a number of phone calls and mentioned a couple of her old friends she'd gotten hold of, and that is why Frankie had to wait so long to get a free line to Isa, if I remember correctly.
 

D'oh! You're right, Jardinera. I just wish I knew what the women on the other end of that phone line said after they hung up. If I got a call like that from a nasty gossip like Fedra, I would be consumed with curiosity to know what was going on at the CRT. I would want to see it with my own eyes, and you can BET I would go to that party!
 

Julie: I was just saying that to the hubster. I think many would want to come, but I have a feeling the women will all boycot and then somebody will say why to Avellaneda and Gavi will have some 'splainin' to do.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder