Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Destilando 10/08/07 "Every bond I break, every step I take, You should be watching me.

First let me say that as we proceed through tonight’s recap we will see that the 80’s really did rock and every situation is pretty much covered by a lyric.

Gavi is sitting at her desk. She looks dismayed. Rod hasn’t called. “Why? Why?”

Isa with way to much time on her hands, is driving the ever fragile Sofie to near hysteria as she continues to call the hacienda & not say anything. Sofie is screaming into the phone, “who are you”? She figures it is Frankie’s lover. Isa just seems pissed she can’t talk to Frankie, she doesn’t even seem to really be enjoying it, geez I thought it was kinda funny.

Rod is over in the restaurant chatting up Dr. Erika, he is telling her the famous star-crossed lover’s tale. He married Isa, blah-blah-blah, as Jardina explained in her fine recap from Fri, Rod goes into the details of the loveless/sexless marriage.
Somehow, I feel like if Dr. Phil was conducting this interview he’s be saying “Joven that perro don’t hunt”.
Erika just looks on as Rod continues with “My Tragedy, Chapter 3”, Gavi disappeared for a year, then he found her at the Montalvo Corporate office working under a false name. He kept her little secret, it was their salads days, until the treachery of the family cause yet more misunderstanding & pain. Rod then fills Dr. Erika in on the fine details of Artificial Insemination.

Now cut over to Aaron & Minnie’s “Apartment of Dysfunction”, Aaron is attacking a perfectly innocent “Highball Glass” with cubes of ice. Aaron purposely slams each cube into the glass. Minnie starts in with her War against Gavi the husband Robber. Her new plan is to call each of the wives of men who work at the CRT & fill them in on the little corporate climbing Ho. Aaron wants her to STFU & seriously give it a rest. He tells her it will just create a scandal and draw attention to the Montalvo family. This would not be prudent, as it would possibly draw attention to Aaron’s shady business dealings. He tells her to shut up that Rod is just a “Cornudo”, which I believe is fighting words, down south of the Border. It means horned or cuckolded, a guy who lets his wife or girlfriend sleep with other men without putting up a protest, the gesture to go with it is little finger and pointer finger coming off a fist from your forehead, good fun, good fun. I’m not sure, but I think in LFMB, Fernando made the gesture to Aldo, when he thought Lety was cheating on Aldo. Anyway I believe this is grossly unfair, cause Rod did put up a protest.

***I am so over Aaron, cause what real villain puts up with that Minnie crap? My hero Damien from Mundo would have beaten her to death with his wooden leg, while laughing and then placed a ballbat in her hand and paid off coroner to rule it suicide. Gawd I long for the days of real men. ***

Meanwhile over in the Restaurant of Broken Hearted Tales, Rod continues his tale of love, after that he was tormented, he tried to make a life with his wife, well except for the sex part. Once again Gavi crossed his path and with his help she was able to get a fine job at the CRT, where once again Rod’s hopes are dashed to the dirt as she has met that fine piece of beefcake manhood, Dr. Blondie Santovenia, & now Rod is all BSC again.

Gavi is now sitting and staring off in space. I’m not sure if she is thinking of Rod or just so bored by Dr Blondie that she has had a brain freeze. Dr. Blondie notices her lack of attention & tries to drug her with a cup of potent coffee, but Gavi begs off. Then, Dr. Blondie pulls the tell me frankly, “do I abuse you by working you all these hours when you could be home with your mother?” Gavi answers, “Hell yeah, but not cause of Ma, but you have seriously put the brakes on the time I had dedicated to Rod worshipping me.” Okay that was really my answer not Gavi’s. Gavi answers, “Don’t worry it is no problem”. He then asks, “you enjoy your job right?” Gavi says, “Yes, if she didn’t enjoy it she wouldn’t be here.” Dr. Blondie says he will give her a ride, Gavi says no that she will take a Taxi. Dr. Blondie then pulls the ole’ reverse psychology by telling her, forgive me for interfering in your personal life, that he feels like all her problems with Rod are his fault. He then asks if Rod & she have reconciled. Gavi answers, “Dr. Blondie, you act as if Rod & I had a formal arrangement and that just isn’t so.” Dr Blondie now back off and turns to one who never lets him down, he picks up his “mistress Coffee Can” and nervously toys with it, he is jonesing, the Coffee Whore. He believes it is all his fault there is this distance between Gavi & Rod and by Gawd he feels so damn guilty for causing it.


***I swear if I was directing this scene, the music from the Stones, “Sympathy For The Devil”, would be playing in the background****
“Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste “

Gavi continues….
Now get this straight, Dr Blondie, none repeat none of this is your fault, there were already many plagues on the leaves of our Agave Love.
He asks again, if they have reconciled, he needs to know so he can sleep peacefully at night. Damn for a sneaky nerd, this guy is good. She tells him No, Rod hasn’t called and she wants to go home alone in case Rod is stalking her in his usual stalking manner. That way there won’t be any trouble. How long will poor little Gavi suffer the persecutions of Rod?
Oh Por Favor!!!!!!!

Now the Dr/loco patient conversation between Rod & Erika continues, he is stuck with Isa for two months and he must stay away from Gavi for two months, he must be rid of the torment. He just wants peace. What kind of peace? He just wants to stop being driven mad with his crazy jealousy. Hmmmmm Erika asks if he wants to stop the craziness for two months or forever?

Isa realizing there is nothing good on TV calls Sofie again, this time Sofie really starts screaming. Here comes Frankie all decked out in his Miami Vice suit, he brings her a present, to make up for her doubts and I guess not paying any attention to her for like ever. The present is some Chinese little balls or stones, he rattled on about ying/yang and perfect relationship. I didn’t follow cause it made me remember “Ben Wa Balls”, something that we used to say in high-school and just the words led to uncontrollable laughter.
His phone starts ringing and Sofie gets crazy eyes again, she runs to pick up the extension, Frankie picks up and says pick up the extension Sofie, thus clueing Isa into the fact that Sofie is listening. Isa does the, “hi Frankie is Sofie home?” Sofie tells Isa, she is convinced that Frankie is two timing her and Sofie plans to catch him. Isa has a muy impacted look.

Erika suggests to Rod that he take a trip for two months, get outta town, shake the dust off.
Rod starts to get snotty at this. She says look you had dinner with a friend, you talked to a friend, if you want psycho help, come to my office tomorrow at 3:00 for an appointment. She says she can’t just fix him like that over dinner, therapy takes a lot of work. Rod is non-too pleased. Erika walks away. Rod calls the waitress to pay the bill, but finds out Erika has already paid it. Now they get into it again. Rod accuses her of playing a game.

Gavi arrives home and she scans the street for Rod’s car. Alas it is nowhere to be seen, she sighs, a car honks and she whirls around. Is it? Could it be? No it is just a car driving down the street.

Time for Sting & the Police

Every breath I take
And every move I make
Every bond I break, every step I take
You should be watching me.
(okay I paraphrased)

Hey Gavi must seriously be bummed. Damn it Rod is her stalker. Gavi must be thinking, “Que the Hell? Is my butt too big? Is it my hair? Does this outfit make me look fat?” If you can't count on your stalker, who can you count on? Men are so fickle. What a world What a world.

Now Erika and Rod get into it in the restaurant something like am I like some lab rat or crazy insect experiment to you? With a sexual problem, so peculiar & machismo & obsessive & jealous & stupid and traumatized over money. Erika just keeps smirking. That would have been awesome to be the cashier that was listening to that diatribe. Erika tells him the solution isn’t going to be easy, it will involve work. His problem isn’t the jealousy, nor gavi..the problem is that he believes there is only Gavi in the whole world for him.
Now see Rod that’s what I been thought bubbling to you, Dude, you & me, several bottles of The organic stuff & Gavi would be a fleeting memory, seriously sign on for the therapy. Call me when it’s done.

Erika exits..Rod looks pensive, thought bubbling “Damn half the world is female, Hmmmm?”

and we go to commercial.

Where we get to see Dr. Blondie slip his true love Azul, the plague through a needle jab. Thank Gawd for modern technology I just could not see him picking fleas off rats to pass on his plague.

Now back to our tale.
In yet another “Fernando Gaitán”, oft repeated now cliché scene, the woman leaves the restaurant angry only to be followed by the male trying to make amends. Rod follows Erika out and they make nice with Rod agreeing to a session in her office at 3:00pm the following day.

Gavi comes into the apartment and Clara serves her some “Homemade Soup”, it is good for the soul. Gavi queries, “Were there any calls for me?”, Clara shakes her head no. “Did anyone stop by to see me?”, Gavi continues, once again Clarita gives a negative response. Clarita ask Gavi if she thought Rod was just gonna hang around forever? No Ma. Gavi is vows to live in peace and to sleep peacefully. Clarita has the look of a person that has just seen her plasma 54inch being taken away and a $13.00 Mr. Coffee being put on the top of her entertainment center. So close So close…

Rod arrives home and quizzes the maid about the famous missing bottle of , “1937 Boone’s Farm Agave Flavored Wine”, the maid blurts out in typical geez we get blamed for everything fashion, “I didn’t drink it”. She then says no wine was drunk the night of the Witches Coven. She tells Rod she doesn’t know if anyone came over cause Isa gave her a few days off.

Rod goes in and sees his NotSon, you can tell he likes the kid, Isa snatches the kid up and says he has to go to bed. I guess she doesn’t want too much bonding with the kid’s NotDaddy.

The next morning Rod stops by to quiz the building guy at the sign in desk. He tells Rod the night guy has been replaced, Rod’s wife had some problem with him and they removed him. No details are forthcoming and Rod does not bother to turn around as the desk guy is crushed to death by an enormous anvil.

Now it is morning at the Hacienda, Here is Sofie with his special made with her own hands breakfast on a platter and Frankie doesn’t have time to eat it.

***Hate me if you must here, but if that isn’t an all grown up Jan Brady with Lasix, then I am just gonna retire my snarking. The outfit…Sofie what the hell are you thinking? That sad denim skirt, with the sad little t-shirt, and the boots. I’m sorry I know these are trying times for you, but seriously, the only benefit I can see to your choices is that you can be guaranteed SanWanna would never nick your clothes.***

Oh look here comes James, his face lights up at the sight of bedraggled Sofie. She always looks good to him. Maybe it is because as bad as her fashion choices are; at least she isn’t wearing a straitjacket. Sofie tells James she is convinced Frankie is screwing around. Does James know who it is? James looks totally guilty. Sofie says she is gonna find out, don’t tell Rod she doesn’t want the family interfering. James says she can always confide in him. Seriously are these two and their chaste love not just so cute that "Precious Moments" figurines should be made and sold as Christmas Ornaments?

***I make a note to self, never use James as an alibi. A bullet would be much less painful and so much quicker***

Aaron and Minnie come down the Staircase of Tragedy, she is still lamenting the Gavi issue. No wonder Aaron messes around with stoner chicks. Hey come on like that last little blonde wasn’t stoned.
Minnie starts accusing Aaron of messing around. He pinches her lips and tells her to keep her mouth shut. He makes her repeat twice that she will stop the idea of calling the CRT wives. She warns him that her war with the husband stealer is not over. Once again I wish someone would just beat her to death.

Gavi, Blondie & two men are in a meeting. It is about a expo they are going to have with the finest chefs displaying fine food products that can be made from tequila. Hmmm and it is good for you too. I feel the force caused by the shudder of millions of livers cringing. I envision huge platters of fruity jello shooters.

The meeting is over and everyone leaves, Blondie goes to his desk. Nancy brings him a list of people to be invited to the Food Fest, he can’t be bothered to even look up. Now Gavi comes in and it is a different story.

He asks if it is cool that the Coven of Witches is coming to the Food Fest. Gavi says sure as long as you are by my side. Maybe this sounds different in Spanish, I dunno cause it sounds pretty “Gay” and I don’t mean that in a homosexual way, I mean in a kinda flirty squeeky way, she then qualifies it by adding, not for me but it would be best for them. He says don’t worry, he will stay right by her. She leaves and he says to himself, he doesn’t mean just in this instant, he just wants to be by her side.
***A perfect time for yet another lyric****

Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
(The first stanza is for the Coven the second for Dr. Blondies dilemma of unprofessional interfering with a subordinate’s personal life)

Isa is on the phone with Frankie and she is pissed. He says cool it with the calling, Sofie is getting jealous. Isa is getting that sound in her voice she uses on Rod. Isa starts telling him about the “1937 Boone’s Farm Agave Flavored Wine” missing, Frankie fondly recalls the memory. Isa wants it replaced. It belonged to dead Gramps, well Isa, Dead Gramps wanted a real greatgrandson, but he didn’t get that either did he?
Now hawt guy, comes in and tells Frankie that two chicks are there to see him. Isa overhears and gets even more nagging wife on him. Frankie finally gets her off the phone and the two chicks come in and start rubbing all over him and kissing on him. I guess we are to understand this is a tressome.

Two of the Tequila buyers are in the office with Rod, one is the infamous I can’t go to the serande cause I’m gonna puke guys. Anyway they just rave over MariAnna, Blondie & Clarita. They want Rod to attend a liquor convention in Frankfurt for 15 days then on to America for 15 more days.

Let’s see Soccer World Cup with Fernando circa LFMB or Liquor Convention with Rod? Well call me crazy, but I’m signing up for the Liquor Convention. Hopefully the Doc will have cured him of what ails him.

Stay tuned..
Gavi while crying is on the phone with Margarita..
Sofie confronts Frankie in the streets of town, all while wearing that awful outfit.
Some hottie comes up to Frankie and is overheard saying "I didn't realize they were Amish" as she walks away.

Labels:


Comments:
Hah! I'm just back from my trip to Manhattan and choked at your comment about the long-absent Acacia. they sure killed that story line off, didn't they?
 

Too many funny things to mention! Thanks for starting my day with lots of laughs. Where are the real men???
jb
 

I am vexed by Sofia's ongoing frumpery. She was wearing nice things for a while. I realize she doesn't want to get her good stuff dirty while she's doing all that housework, but hasn't she ever heard of an apron? I always figured that if any of the Montalvo women would give June Cleaver a run for her money, it'd be Sofia.

Here's hoping we'll get a break from Rodrigo rehashing with Dr. Erika, at least for a few days.
 

Yes, as bad as Sofia's fashion sense is, James is straight from the Howdy Doody show..

Acacia's storyline has totally been axed..What happened? Is she still at the "home" that James rarely visits?

This filler with Dr. Erika & Rod attempting to play footsies will go on for awhile,until Dr. Erika sees the handwriting on the wall--same for Dr. Santo???? with Gavi..

I have a feeling this show will be somewhat like LFMB and the finale--right down to the wire,then cram the ending into one to two hours--cheating the fans as usual..
 

Estimado Beckster, you've out done yourself with this reacap. Too many great quips to comment on. Your x-ray incite is exceeded only by your rapier-like sarcasm. i sure like looking at Dra. Erica, but what's with her buying every time, and the sessions in swanky restaurants? Only slightly more professional than the Dra Sanwanna/ Don Loco jailhouse scenes for Duelo. One note- didn't Dra Erika ask if Roddy wanted her help/support (ayuda/apoyo) for the two months or a lifetime? Wish i had closed captioning or tivo at times like these...And WHERE IS ACACIA?? What was the point of that srory line? Keep up the good work. I look forward to tuesday mornings....dorado dave
 

THAT WAS GREAT !!! Beckster, you've outdone yourself yet again. I enjoyed your Police/Sting tribute...fitting...very fitting. At first, I thought your title referred to someone keeping a closer eye on Frankie. One small bone of contention...about you, Rod, and the organic tequila after his therapy sessions...you seem to have forgotten about OUR deal...remember ..me...my palomina[Tequila Sunrise]...my red Mustang convertible [Sally]..Rod's agave tatoo with OUR names [I think B. of Mass was on board with us too...remember, I did the math] Anyhoo, someone noted [Jardinera] that she thought Sophie had Meester James's balls in a box...turns out they are in actuality Frankie's ...and...he gave them to her. I think this is very symbolic of what is about to happen to Little Frankie very soon. Don't we all know guys like Frankie and are waiting for justice for all the frankies of the world??? Yeah, Lee, I am talking about YOU. Sorry, I digress. Great recap , Beckster. ^^^Susanlynn, still enjoying the vivid mental image of Sophie being beaten senseless with a wooden leg
 

Another great one, beckster! I swear I could hear Dr.Phil saying "joven..perro won't hunt", - gawd, I laughed so hard. Note to fellow employees: No worries people, I can do payroll and read about novelas at the same time. Guess which is more fun and more worthy of my time.

Another great Aron and Minnie scene when he pinched her lip. They are so good together!!

The best "man chases woman who left restaurant" scene for me was in LFMB (of course)when Lety thinks Fer is ashamed to be with her, and runs out, and he goes after her and begs her to stay. I will never forget him saying "me muero por besarte." Ditto me to you, Fer. LOL

These recaps are great laugh therapy. Rodrigo should read them and lighten up.
 

Susanlynn..Oh surely you must know I was really speaking for all of us..I just didn't want to overwhelm Rod with too much information. Like I would try to steal him for myself...as if.
I was sending out an SOS..
I also decided I want a hot pink hello kittie leather jacket with the Montalvo crest bedazzled on the back to go with my hot pink vespa..I also want a big pink panel of hair color right in the front of my hair (I figure que the hell, I can afford to go to the spa instead of Loreal in the bathroom every month). Won't Sofie just die of the shame...

Now dorado dave..I think the deal w/Erika is..okay I gave you some short term advice..she didn't cross the line, she listened to his story as a friend would. She let him know that for professional treatment he had to come to the office. The thing is Gavi isn't the problem, Rod is and does he want to just control it for two months..well take a trip or does he want to control it for life? Long hard therapy. At least that was my take.
 

¡Caray! I'm still adjusting to the body clock changes after flying back from 2 weeks in Australia. Lastima, no español, no telenovelas, no nada pero playas magnificas y Sydney: Aye carumba, que linda.
The striking thing about missing 11 episodes is how little action/movement has taken place but how much dialog. Gracias y mil besos for the fabulous recaps and equally fabulous commentary by the CarayCaray crowd. I am slowly working my way through every word in the postings as I jump on board with this week's episodes. Gee I missed you all nearly as much as I missed my giant poodle, Willa. Thanks for the many laughs.
I just wish that all 5 of my mustsee telenovelas were being recapped here but I am ever so grateful for the 3 that are...
 

Rod and his endless self absorption is SO tedious. I'm surprised Ericka hasn't resorted to eye rolling. I sure would have.

Loved the Aron Minnie scene especially when she took a swig out of his drink and he wiped her lip prints off the glass. Had that been me I would have grabbed the glass and crowned him with it. Those two together are fantastic to watch.

James as Howdy Doodie - perfect. I never could think who he reminded me of but he'll be HD to me from here on.

Vain Frankie isn't' such an airhead after all. He had the presence of mind to let Isa know Slow Sofie was going to be listening rather cleverly. Poor Isa (not) seems to be getting a little insecure of her great love. Say what you will about her she does seem to genuinely care about her baby, always playing with him or lugging him around. Most of the novela women like her have the kid and leave it in the crib for the rest of the show.

Good grief are we going to have to endure yet another Food Fest in Monterrey or did Televisa just film one so they can use it over and over again?

It must just me be me but Gavi's behavior borders on ridiculous. She is supposed to be somewhere in her 20's I'm guessing, being played by a Botoxed actress perilously close to 40 acting about 15 with her unprofessional mooning around. It makes it very hard to have any emotional investment in this novela and the same goes for Rod's behavior. The whole story might have been more engaging and interesting had the two leads not been so dreadfully miscast.
 

hi,
I am begging anyone who could translate what Gavi was telling Margarita on the phone or asking
while she was cryin? and what did Daniela told Dona Pilar
i hope someone would be kind enough to translate it for me
I will really appreciate it
sp
 

decie girl..
to each his own, when I started with this one I wasn't expecting much and I had watched the MX version of LFMB..so I was totally bummed. Yeah, the actors are a bit old for the parts & their roles are a bit stupid, but after suffering thru endless episodes that went no where, nothing stupid conversations over and over and over..in LFMB, I found this to be refreshing. I mean I know Gavi/Rod go thru the should I stay or should I go? but at least something happens, Acacia goes crazy, Minnie & AAron screw people over, Isa gets her groove on..the nonSon happens, at least time moves forward. Gavi can support herself, she doesn't cling to Blondie and cry on his shoulder about how scared she is to love Rod. I find this far more believeable than 1)Lety could ever apply stage make-up to be an ultra diva 2)That a guy like Fernando would ever end up with Lety..BettyLaFea I could believe, LFMB not so much..& I will know indeed that there is a God watching over me, if I don't have to suffer through another dry humping on a desk top by a heavenly being. This in no way means I want to indure a human Dr Blondie dry humping desk scene either.

I really like this show & I don't think the ending will disappoint because it is not being produced by someone who is trying to squeeze every last peso out of it and it seems like maybe the writer has more input in this one.
 

Oh Beckster, why did you have to invoke that horrible memory? Now every time Dr. Blondie approaches Gavi I'm going to want her to Mace him.
 

Ha Ha Ha, Great recap Beckster!
"They want Rod to attend a liquor convention in Frankfurt for 15 days then on to America for 15 more days" - did Dr. Blondie tell Gavi that she might be going to Europe for a convention? Mmmmmmmm.
Oh, Rod, what are you doing in Frankfurt?
Beckster and Susanlyn, I'm still with you for our menage a quatro. And I do have a bedazzler.
B in Mass.
 

Great recap Beckster, thanks for the laughs. Could someone fill me in on what that scene with the building guy at the sign in desk was all about. Why did Isa complain about the other guy in the first place? Thanks
 

LFMB didn't appeal to me, so I didn't watch it. It seems that everyone on this blog watched it because not one day has gone by without some reference to someone in that novela. All those descriptions and comparisons are so dull and boring for those of us who didn't watch it. I don't expect the comparisons to stop but just wanted to say that not all of us watched it. Therefore we don't know what the heck you're talking about.
 

Anonymous 6:26, I am sorry that you didn't watch LFMB. During LFMB was when I found this site and I thank goodness for each and everyday. This site allows you to share with others in a safe and professional venue, the commonalities, likes and dislikes of the novellas. The recappers are awesome. We are able to share, vent and go gaga over the leading men. I hope that inspite of the fact that you did not watch LFMB, you enjoy what you are reading.
Yvette
 

Thank you for taking the words right out of my keyboard, Yvette. If it hadn't been for LFMB, I wouldn't have started watching telenovelas regularly, never would have dreamed of being a recapper, and never would have met all these great people.

There IS a reason we keep mentioning LFMB... like Destilando Amor, it was based on a Colombian telenovela by Fernando Gaitan. So it's not like we're just pulling these references out of nowhere to annoy people who didn't watch La Fea.
 

Anon 6:19...The other day, Isa got the name of the guy who is over the security for he building. She mentioned she was having a problem with the nite guy. Really it was to move the guy who saw Frankie coming and going, so no one would know Frankie had been coming to see her.

Anon 6:26...Well I guess that probably means my Demian from Mundo references are lost on you also. The only advice I can give you is like when I read Spanish..skip the parts you don't know.
 

Most excellent job, Beckster, otra vez.
 

Wow.. Ladies... I love to read your recaps and comments everyday.
You are so funny. I am addicted to your website.
Thank you so much
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder