Monday, February 04, 2008

Guapos Friday 2/1/08 Part II Go Giants!

Back to the scene where Hugo is showing the painting to Mili. It is signed Pandrosa. I don't really understand this whole thing--does she think Pandrosa is someone else, and he's the artist's agent? Does she think Pandrosa is the guy in the wig and beard?

Andrea is now confessing all to Regina. She calls her "madrina" (godmother). Is she really her godmother, or is it a name of respect? Probably the latter. Anyway, Andrea's "respect" is really phony. She tells Regina that Connie was at her apartment because of the argument he had with Luciana. Does anyone really believe Connie slept on the couch? They didn't show anything, so I don't know what we are supposed to think.

She now tells Regina that she has a problem with her apartment and she will be evicted. No problem--Regina tells her she can come live at the mansion. I don't think this is going to be the Brady Bunch.

Mili is talking to Hugo about her mother died. The other tinkling piano music from Amar is heard. Instead of piano music of doom, it's piano music of melancholy (or PMM).

Connie taunts Damian about some money he gave him--he gave him 2.5 million pesos (to pay the blackmail?), but half a million is gone, and he wants to know where it is. I guess Damian lost it in gambling. Connie says he can pay off the debt by tailing his sister night and day to see where she goes. Damian does not want to do this. Connie says that she is putting the horns on him, and he's had enough. But Damian feels like a traitor to spy her on her. Connie says "Traitor? Hah!" In other words, Damian is such a loser he has no choice but to do Connie's dirty work.

Andrea begs Alex to let her explain what was going on with Connie. Mili is overhearing in the hall. He says he's through with Andrea and he loves another. Who is the girl, she asks. It's Mili, and he pulls her over. Mili is my novia!

Andrea goes off to report the news.

Back in the Belmonte bunker of bunk beds (otherwise known as the servants' quarters), Mili tells her friend about the kiss--it was like the kind of kiss the hero gives in the last chapter of a telenovela.

Constancio berates Luciana some more about her worthless son. He is outraged: I've given him my name, and now a Belmonte is with a servant. Takes one to know one, she says. All these years, we've lived with the ghost of the criada (servant) that you were with. How many times have you called out her name while making love to me? All I can call out is Eww.

The servants toast Mili.

Valeria quizzes Alex on his new choice of girlfriend. He says don't worry--it's just a tale to tell Andrea. He wants to get back at her for being with Papa. Oops. Valeria didn't know?

Braulio and Regina discuss his late sister.

Regina and Mili discuss the relationship with Alex. Mili says she loves him.

Valeria asks Andrea what's going on.

Luciana asks Consty how he could get back at her with Andrea.

Con talks with Regina. She refuses to let him let Alex resign. Connie points out that he's not really her grandson. Too bad, says Regina--she's doing it because Connie lost her the real grandchild.
Connie says that tomorrow he's going to cancel Alex's credit cards, and he'll be a muerta de hambre (low life). Granny says, no, everything goes to Alex.

Finally, the most important scene:
Luciana is meeting with her psychiatrist (whose name I also don't know, sorry). He has plane tickets for Rome. They will make a new life. He is not a psychiatrist--he is a man in love. She says she is afraid. She wonders wouldn't it be better to tell Connie first that she is leaving? (Anyone think that's a good idea?)
No, says shrinky-dink. We must go away and make up for all we have missed for so many years . . .
Is he the missing lover from the past--or is this just a cheat where figuratively they have missed out on love for many years.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Ninak. The psychiatrist, as I understand from catching a show earlier in the week, is the husband of a good friend of hers. However the good friend lamented to her that their marital love has become routine and without feeling so Luciana evidently thinks it's okay to get it on with her therapist and he agrees. " Let's just run off to Rome and not tell anybody." Very romantic idea. Thoughtful no...considerate to the spouses (his wife is hardly a monster), no. But hey, telenovelas are about passionate, impetuous people and marital routine be damned! So off we go...or not...I doubt this particular plane will get off the ground.
 

Thanks, JudyB. It always takes me a couple of weeks to learn all the characters and relationships in a new show.
 

P.S., I think there's something else going on where Damian is trying to seduce Karla? Sorry if I failed to take notes for that part of the story.
 

Thanks for the recap NinaK! The show I taped on Friday still doesn’t have closed captions, so your recap is a great help. However, I did notice when I was setting up the tape last night that the station had captions on its Sunday shows, so whew!

I’m still liking Braulio as a favorite character and I was amazed at what a skunk Alex was being Friday.

It’s hard to imagine that Connie and Luci ever made love, but there is the daughter, so I guess so. Must’ve been a longgg time since they had relations.

A thought until there’s a Thursday recapper: If someone who knows how could create the Thursday link, the rest of us could toss in bits and pieces of the story.
 

Damian doesn't have to try and seduce Karla, she is doing all the running. I had to laugh when the servant folk were all in a twit over Mili marrying Alex and Karla was having a hissy fit since she can't bring Damian the Dog to heel.

It's hard to believe but every episode makes me hate lush Luci and her devil's spawn more. Talk about self absorbed. Let me see I'll run off with my lover the hell with his wife and kid and my hubby and golden egg child oops and that girl I dropped into the world.. And we are supposed to give a fig about her and her loveless marriage. Not me - never.

Then Al the spoiled punk who stands around with Bobby the dolt joking about how he is using Mili not that he doesn't want to jump her bones but she is JUST a servant. I always want to go take a shower after watching his scenes.

I almost wondered if Regina was getting senile letting Andrea the tart feed her that pack of lies. She seems to really like Mili so her supporting miss family bedmate made no sense.

Ooh and those previous have me almost cringing at what is in store for Mili tonight.
 

Great idea, Maggie. I will create a link for the Thursday recap every week. I will try to do it on Friday morning. That part is very easy.
 

Decie Girl, thanks for reminding us of that odious scene where Bobby and Alex were laughing so hard at how they were playing a joke on Mili. I don't see how we are going to see Alex redeemed. He's going to have to undertake the 12 labors of Hercules (or suffer in a big way as Don Fernando did in LFMB).
 

Thanks, NinaK! That would be great. My Spanish isn’t good enough for recapping, and when there are no captions I’m discouraged to see how far down on the learning curve I still am. But with captions, there are parts I get quite well, so I’d be glad to contribute those when I can. Of course, since I’m in L.A. I’m just beginning to look at our blog when others are coming back from lunch back east!

I’m really liking this show due to the wonderful performances. All the actors are doing a great job, not a dud in the bunch. And I’m very impressed by the very young actress playing Mili.
 

Maggie, if I get the show recorded oh Thursdays, I'll help out too. Just bits and pieces. I hadn't intended to watch this but have been in that comatose-couch state after Juan (my ONE show I do watch) and have watched a few and found myself getting caught up in it, in spite of myself.
The actress playing Milli=gol is very endearing (in a different way from Anglelica Vale but still) and while I hate the evil side plots, there's enough humor with Milli and her goofs to get me through.
 

Thanks everyone for helping out with bits and pieces. I think next week will be a lot easier.

Keep in mind, Maggie, that lots of us (me, for sure) are using captions too. I'd be lost without them. I am now trying to watch some of the other shows, such as Pasion, without the captions, to work on my aural comprehension, and I'm getting about half of it, but I'm still not there by any means. Still, I am much better than I was 1 1/2 years ago when I started watching LFMB.
 

Thanks for the recap....

Lol both Constancio and Alex seem to be suffering from muy macho hombre syndrome...i can cheat on you and see whomever i want, but dont let me catch you cheating on me....QUE THE HELL!!!!!
 

This is going to be fun! Even with captions I get some stuff 180 degrees wrong – which I find out when I read the recaps. Sometimes I do very well. It all depends on the vocab that day. I started watching novelas with Betty La Fea and I’ve learned a bunch, but I only listen and read the captions, which as you know, is only half of the equation. I don’t do any speaking or writing, even though one of my best girlfriends is from Mexico, as are a lot of people in my social circles. In L.A., Spanish is everywhere so I can read signs and listen to Spanish talk shows, etc.

I started on Juan, but didn’t stick with it because even though it was a fun show, his character was so happy that it seemed like he would always land sunny-side up, no matter what. So I wasn’t able to worry about him enough to stay engaged.

I think the actor playing Alex is very good-looking! I watched Colunga a while and I know everyone seems to be crazy about him, but while there’s no denying he’s a very handsome fellow, the Alex guy is more to my taste. It’s just a personal preference thing. I like smiley good looks more than brooding good looks. I thought Jaime Camil was gorgeous.
 

I for one was very excited when Alex's baby sister SLAPPED Andrea for messing around with her dad and brother. It was an over due well deserved slap.
 

Ahh yes Jaime Camil aka tan divino and Eduardo Yanez my heart beats for this two.
 

Yes, I still place Jaime Camil at the top of my heartthrob list. I like Fernando Colunga, but not as much as other people do. Jaime was funnier, and I love funny guys. I think I like Sebastian Rulli better than Fernando, but among Pasion watchers that seems to be a decidedly minority opinion.

Goldilocks is okay, and I hope we see some interesting redemption from him.

I think we are going to have a good group of fans as the show develops.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder