Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A query from Canada

A fan from Waterloo Canada writes:
I have been following Caray! Caray! and the interminable saga of "Destilando Amor", or "The Misadventures of a Supremely Stupid Hero", and enjoying the recaps immensely. As you can guess, TLN, the latino network out of Toronto, Canada is away behind both the U.S and Mexico in its lineup of telenovela broadcasts. Destilando is going to end next week for us.

HOWEVER, the bums at TLN are NOT showing "Pasion" as the next novela in line!!!!!! It is something called "Palabras de Mujers". Do you know anything about the story line of this thing? Needless to say, I am really disappointed, and emailed them to say so.

The good thing is that my Spanish is improving to the point where I can follow the story, and some conversations I can grasp 70% of what is being said. However, it helps to have read the recaps before hand, which ups my comprehension quite a bit more. So.... keep up the great work. You do have your fans.

Anybody know about Palabras de Mujers?

Labels: ,


Comments:
Palabra de Mujer is on the Esmas website, it starts Edith Gonzalez, Juan Soler, Yadhira, Duhlina and others. It hasn't yet started in my area (San Francisco Bay Area) as far as I know.
 

There was a movie (1990) called "Palabras de mujer" and there is a book entitled "Palabras de Mujeres" but I don't know anything about a telenovela with that name.
 

It was showing in Mexico when I was there in January so if anyone is familiar with any Mexican recap sites something may be there.
 

Of course I meant recaps other than what can be found on Esams.com, as Sylvia pointed out.
 

There is a synopsis on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palabra_de_Mujer

There is also some stuff on Youtube including the Entrada (intro) that features lots of kissing, face slapping, and Ludwika Paleta with a cute haircut.

Rhonda, you saw it playing in Mexico? Cool!
 

Shout out to our amiga in Canada! How nice that you found the site, we do have lots of fun here with our little worldwide community.
So sorry I don't know anything about "Palabras de mujer". I hope you can find a site in Spanish and/or English to communicate with fellow devotees. Too bad you won't get "Pasión", I am really enjoying it. I was in Mexico all of January so saw some episodes of several shows much in advance of ours here in the US and found it quite jarring. I did however really like the start of "Fuego en la Sangre" with some great steamy dynamics between Eduardo Yáñez and Adela Noriega, both actors are fun to watch in any circumstances. We will see that here on Univision after Pasión, I think??
 

Wow... there's a novela with Adela ad Eduardo?!? They make a great telenovela couple. When I was younger there was a novela with these two called "Guadalupe" which was great. I can't wait 'til that novela comes to our shores. Something to look forward to after Pasion.
 

I watch Destilando amor in Canada too (and Acorralada but thank goodness it's ended.) I'm disappointed that I won't be able to follow recaps for Palabras de mujer here; I read the Destilando recaps every day (even though we're months behind the US.) Hopefully our schedules will match up again for some future telenovela and I'll be able to enjoy your recaps again!
 

I too am from Canada and truly troubled that Pasion is not going to follow Amor, TLN is so lame, now I will have a break from watching till Pasion comes on. Cecile from Toronto
 

this is another cecile from canada...palabra mujer was boring so bsd I tried to stay awake many evenings......TLN is also boring and i too was upset they did not show pasion...maybe they will wake up and start now,,,keep dreaming girl...
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder