Saturday, April 19, 2008

Synopsis of "Fuego en la Sangre" (Fire in the Blood)

I think we are down TWO bloggers for this upcoming telenovela, which stars Eduardo Yañez, our hero from Destilando Amor as well as DUHmilio, the wooden love interest from Duelo, and Marcia from La Fea, and I think I caught a glimpse of the ultra-odious Niurka wearing red gingham heart-shaped pasties. Should be a real old-school snorter, the kind we love to hate (see above). Interested? Email me, Melinama the blog mom

Translated from Esmas.com:

Standing before the tomb of Libia Reyes, her three brothers swear to avenge her death. Full of rancor, Juan, Oscar and Franco head to the hacienda of Bernardo Elizondo, the man who seduced their sister and knocked her up. Bernardo really loved Libia and was thinking of divorcing his despotic and tyrannical wife Gabriela - however, he died in a strange accident and his hacienda remains in the hands of Gabriela and her son-in-law Fernando.

When the Reyes brothers arrive at the hacienda, they get jobs as bricklayers and carpenters. Blinded by their hatred of the Elizondo family, they decide to seduce and then abandon the three daughters of Bernardo and Gabriela, so that they will suffer the same misery as Libia did before she died. Juan will seduce Sofía, Oscar Jimena, and Franco will seduce Sarita.

During this time, they are discovering it isn't easy for them to follow through with their oath. The three daughters are being crushed under the tyranny of their mother, who does not respect their liberty or individuality.

Juan discovers that Sofia is a sensitive and charitable woman tormented by having been violated, and that she is unhappily married to Fernando, a violent man she doesn't love. Juan truly falls in love with her, and thus it is that Sofia is able for the first time to touch a man without feeling the disgust her terrible experience left her with. Sofia and Juan's relationship will be in danger not just from his oath, or from Fernando, but also from the arrival of Ruth Uribe, who takes a fancy to Juan and tries to conquer him at any cost.

Oscar will find Jimena to be the woman he has always dreamed of. She is easy-going and uninhibited, a girl who wants to live life intensely. Their relationship is full of sensuality and mischief. They can't avoid falling in love, which torments Oscar because he must decide between love and vengeance.

Franco and Sarita will discover they are twin souls. Both are sensitive, lovers of discussion (amantes de la lectura?), ingenuous; together they will live a tender romance full of unforeseen turns, but Franco will be tortured by indecision. Before meeting Sarita, he had been in love with Rosario Montes, a singer who works in one of the pueblo's bars. He is suffering because Rosario rejected him and is unaware that she actually loves him, but is darkly bound to Fernando, who has sworn to kill anyone who comes near her. Franco will follow one of two roads: he will love Rosario and fulfill his oath, or he will break his oath and love Sarita.

This is a story full of intense emotions, sublime love, insatiable ambition and blood-curdling hatred. Young, passionate hearts, united and separated by the same tragedy. Hidden truths, lies which cloud the mind, passions which dominate the soul ... and Fire in the Blood.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Sounds quite promising Melinama, thanks for posting this. These three hotties will be my substitution of unforgettable Ric and Co. I'm not sure yet if it's even can be possible but at least it will ease my pain having let "Pasion" go.

Eve from Cleveland
 

Definitely sounds like a ripsnorter ala Mundo. After 2 heavy duty rollercoaster rides like DA and Pasión, we need a change of pace.....
 

Fuego is a remake of the super sucessful 2003 Telemundo novela, Pasión de Gavilanes. If anyone is interested in seeing the original, Telemundo is rebroadcasting PdG starting this Monday. It's going to be on during the day, at noon on the East Coast. Telemundo novelas are shown with English captions on CC3.PdG starred Mario Cimarro and Danna García who are currently featured in La Traición on Telemundo.
 

Good Lord, Melinama, I felt weak in the knees just reading this synopsis. Looks like we're in for a wild ride. Thanks for the preview.
 

Melinama: Thanks for setting this up. I didn't believe anything could top Pasion, but it looks like this is a front-runner. EY is so compelling. In one of the trailers, he is looking up and screaming, or is it growling. I don't care. I'll watch him do anything.
 

Thanks, Melinama for this synopsis. I will not be happy to say goodbye to Ricardooo and the wonderful world of pirates, but it's nice to know that the show to follow looks interesting and stars 2 of my favs...Eduardo and Adela. From the promos that I.ve seen , the two seem to have a lot of chemistry. Also, the plot is convoluted and crazy , and it seems that we will have some excellent villains to replace that dynamic duo we all loved to hate....Lafont and Lis. So, I'm in......bring on the studmuffins . I've missed Eduardo the Grande....a supersized hero.
 

Looks liks this will be a good one! I could do recaps on Fridays, but unfortunately the other days are out for me because of my early work schedule. Jardinera, let me know if you have any interest in switching days.

Susana
 

Thanks, Jean, for the info. I didn't realize that it is a refrito of "Pasion de Gavilanes". I intend to watch the rerun starting on Monday. I have never seen either Mario Cimarro or Danna Garcia in any telenovela before La Tracion, but they are great. I am not turned on by any of the leads in "Fuego en la Sangre". I have seen some really good Colombian telenovelas recently, and I am hoping "Pasion de Gavialnes" lives up to its reputation. According to Wikopedia, it's one of the most popular telenovelas ever. This is its secon rerun in the US.
 

OK, is anyone concerned that Duh-Emilio from Duelo is supposed to be the intellectual soul mate of one of the daughters? I was so hoping that Jorge Salinas was with Nora Salinas. Though I didn't watch Duelo, I had a blast reading the blog and the reviews on Pablo weren't that strong.
 

Emilee, I deleted your comment because it was a SPOILER! No telling what happens in future episodes!
 

Sorry about that,
that was in second one or first remake or I was watching something else with a long name cant re,mber it will hit me sooner or later. anyways it wasnt Fuego.....Ay my tivoing is getting to head.No two shows or three are alike...back to my tivo,
Im good at keeping things under wraps.
 

eRosalinda thats it, did I menton my Media player now has died yea it died before I could watch my episode parts 2 and 3,
frown no more compaireing ay this will takes weeks to fix.Oh well guess its time to watch live tv.
Thalia should go back to acting.
 

Thanks for the Synopsis. I think it sounds positively delicious! I'm not put off by Duhmelio being cast as an intellectual-type. Quite the contrary, I think it's absolutely hilarious. Can't wait!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder