Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Fuego, Wed., May 7: Mr. Ed ain't got nothin' on Bernie's horse.

Buenas noches a todos. Thank you to everyone for your kind comments and warm welcome. I am very happy to be a part of the recapping team. Well, on with the show…!

So we start the evening with Sarita and Jimena arguing in the garden. “How can you kiss that guy? You hardly know him!” “Well, you know, kissing is a way to get to know someone.” “No way sister, you’re going to have to confess to Father Tadeo.” “But I’ll give him a heart attack if I tell him what I was doing with Oscar! And by the way, thanks for distracting mom.” Jimena continues to tell Sarita how wonderful it is to be in the arms of the strong and masculine Oscar. “You know, Oscar says that all three of the Reyes brothers are single. Therefore you can go out with Franco!” Sarita sighs and suddenly loosens up. “Well, we were talking yesterday: he is so simple and likes to read… (Sure doesn’t take much to please this one!) “I knew it girl! Now both of us are going to have to confess!” Sarita goes back to her frigid self.

At the construction site the bros are talking about how they like the sisters. Oscar tells Franco about how much he likes Jimena. Franco says, “Just make sure you are respecting her and that she agrees to be with you.” “I know, I’m pretty sure she does. She is good. And how’s it going with you and Sarita?” “Well, we were talking…” “Just talking?” “Hey, I’m not like you, and Sarita ain’t like Jimena!” “Well, the least you can do is hug her. And what about you Juan, how are you getting close to Sofia?” “What do you care?” asks Juan. Father Tadeo approaches and asks the bros why they aren’t going to church. Juan decides that for what seems to be the first time in a long time that the bros are going to give the church thing a go. “Thanks for caring about us so much Father” says Juan.

In the battle tents (a.k.a. Gramps’ room) Gramps is with Gabby. She wants to know who let him out of his room yesterday. “Angels” he says. “Ah, well, if I find out who these ‘angels’ are, you’re going to be in a lot of trouble.” “And if you try anything, I’m going to embarrass you in public. You decide which one you want more.” He moves the troops into battle. Gabby gets mad and marches out. “What are you doing?” Apparently she has a plan to get back at her dad for being well-liked and friendly to the public.

Back at project cabaña the brothers are “working” with water-logged lumber. Sofia passes on horseback and gives Juan a good look.

Hubby asks a farm hand where she went and tells the guy to follow her immediately on horseback. What was she thinking riding her horse in her own backyard?!

Juan sees this and gives Fernando a look of contempt.

Gabby is talking to Father Tadeo, who is thrilled with the success of the fundraiser. It’s really going to help out with the public programs. “Good job planning everything. Sofia is such a good girl. And what about that guy who represented Hacienda Agustin? What a guy!” “I didn’t invite him, nor do I know who did” she rolls her eyes. “Well I did!” “How!” “I saw him working in the fields.” “On Sunday?! On the day of rest!” she’s disgusted that anyone would work on a Sunday.

Sofia’s on horseback. And no, she is not riding side-saddled even though she has a dress on. New aged women… She’s thinking about the one time that she ever saw Juan. “Why doesn’t my body reject him? Why is it different with him? Why don’t I care that Juan touches me? Yet I freak-out when Fernie touches me? Why?” (Because Fernie is a pervert.) Fernie then comes up to Sofia on horseback and demands to know what she is doing here. “Uh, dad always said this would be a good place to plant chiles… I would like to fulfill his wishes.” “I’ll have someone do it immediately.” “No, I’d like to do it myself.” Bernardo’s horse, which seems to have a human personality and understands everything that is going on, gets angered with Fernie’s presence. (You see, Mr. Ed could hold conversations, but this horse can interpret situations and act accordingly!) “Seems like dad’s horse is a little flustered with your presence.” “Naw, it’s crazy. But anyway, I wanted to talk to you about last night.” “Yeah, about that, just divorce me because I hate you, don’t love you, can’t stand you, etc.” He refuses a divorce and tries to kiss her. She rejects him, can’t stand his presence. While she is fighting with him she falls to the ground and attempts to wriggle away from his grasp. He then uses her leg to crawl up her body and starts to grope her. “Let go of me!” He doesn’t. Suddenly, the cute little animations signal Sofia’s memory of her rape. She remembers when she was walking along by herself and her aggressor attacked her. Sofia notices the tattoo of a snake as she meekly mutters “Help.” Back in reality she continues to yell at Fernando and has a sort of epiphany, which alludes to Fernie being the rapist.

Gabby is talking with the bros. “Thanks for representing our hacienda in yesterday’s events, but no one does anything without my authorization, and much less my employees.” How dare anyone do something nice for her without her permission!

Sofia races in on horseback as she dramatically escapes Fernie who is chasing her.

“Okay, we get that you’re the boss around here. We just wanted to make things a little fun for a change. But, we recognize that you make the rules.” She leaves. Then gramps comes in. “I see that you escaped Sister Storm. And thanks for freeing me yesterday.” “No problem gramps” says the ever-skeptic Juan. “Well, lucky for you guys, I know a little about construction. So, if you ever need any help, just come on over.” Gramps then takes a puff on his Sherlock Holmes pipe. (Evidently gramps understands that you can't build a brick foundation directly on the grass and with no mortar.) Uh oh, here come the horse racers. Juan instinctively looks toward Sofia. He thinks that Sofia has never ridden a horse before and doesn’t know how to stop the thing. So, being the hero machista that he is, he runs after it and simply yells “Ha” and Bernie’s horse stops. Sofia is frightened; apparently she forgot that she was making the horse run in the first place. “Are you okay” ask Juan and Fernie simultaneously. “Don’t ever touch me again” says a disgruntled Sofia to Fernando. Juan gives Fernie a mean glance, but doesn’t dare say anything because Fernie is his employer.

Sofia goes off to her room crying.

Back outside, Gramps thanks Juan. (Was that for telling the horse to stop, of for ignoring Grandpa as the horse was charging at him?) “Juan ya’ gotta be more careful” says Franco. “Remember, we’re not here to make friends, we’re here to hurt these girls, it was our oath to our sister” says Oscar. “Yeah” says Franco. Juan contemplates (never a good sign). “You’re right, you’re right” says Juan. “Damn it!” he says and stomps off. (I think that these guys forget what their true objective is here. For some reason, Juan thought that it would be a good idea to “hurt” the Agustin girls, but this plan was never really planned out because they actually like the girls and then remember that they don’t. Does this make sense to anyone else?)

Gabby and Fernie are talking in the office. “I’m desperate” says Fernando. I love Sofia, protect her, and respect her. But she rejects me, humiliates me, etc.” “I’ll talk to her seriously” says Gabby, who never wants her right hand man to leave her by herself (weird, I know). Fernando finally comes to his senses and reasons that he will divorce Sofia. “No no no, we don’t need any more family scandals” says Gabby. “No way” she asserts “Well, I’m tired of fighting and being rejected. I’ll just end it.” Now Gabby’s the desperate one…

Sofia is talking to Jimena. “I just don’t love him and I can’t give him any more chances.” “Well, just separate yourself from him.” “I want to, but mom won’t let me. I’m just condemned to be sad for the rest of my life. I will never meet love.” “Hey, don’t think that. If you found a man who loved you and made your life happy, would you love him even if he were poor?” asks Jimena who is thinking about her own relationship out loud. “Well, I think I would” responds a heartbroken Sofia.

Now it looks like all the bros constructed today is a wobbly wall of stacked bricks. Why does nothing get done around here? Oh, that’s right, they are choreographing sabotage. Well, that wraps up one day of work…
Juan has to stay back and talk to someone. The bros call him back. He reassures them that he remembers what they all set out to do.

Back at the “Hooters in the middle of nowhere” Rosario is on the ground cringing at the sight of Fernie with his shirt off. Oh no! It’s the same snake tattoo that Sofia saw when she was being raped. Why has no one ever realized this obvious link that undoubtedly convicts Fernando of Sofia’s rape? Rosario cries…

Sofia is contemplating as Juan barges in. He needs to see her. “Sofia…” He touches her face and looks into her eyes. He assumes the kissing position… They share a passionate kiss. Surprisingly, Sofia is not afraid of this man. She steps away and realizes what has happened. “You shouldn’t have kissed me.” “Why not if I love you.” “No, it can’t be, I’m not a free woman.” “I know, I’m reminded of it all the time.” “Well, still, it shouldn’t have happened.” Juan has a flashback of Libia’s presumably illegal and certainly unorthodox burial. He has the look of a killer as her remembers his oath to harm the Agustin girls. “You’re right, it shouldn’t have happened, but it did. We can flee to our destiny.” He hurts her with his embrace. She buckles under his arms. “Never come back here and touch me again.” “Oh, but I will, its part of my oath.” “What oath?” she asks. Mom calls and Juan leaves just as mysteriously as he came.

Inspection time at Camp Grandpa. Juan is climbing down the house pillars. But don’t worry, gramps is on the case and ready to investigate as the devil…whatever that means…He rushes to his wardrobe and pulls out a flaming red something-or-other.

“And don’t ever ask me to leave you alone again” says a dressing Fernie in the Hooters place. Rosario is in pain. “Please let me go.” “No, in life, there are paths that don’t have return, so you’re at my mercy for the rest of your life.” “No, just let me have my son.”“No, you don’t deserve him, and if you act up, your son will pay the consequences. But hey, at least you have his picture.” He throws the picture of her son on the floor and Rosario cries…

Gabby is now reproaching Sofia for even considering divorce. “He was the only one who cared for you after your rape.” Gee, would that be because he was the only one who raped her? “But I can’t stand him. I’m not happy.” “Hey, Fernie has taken a lot of your crap and it stops now!” “But he doesn’t have to, he can simply divorce me.” “Never!” “Well, I’ll just have to escape from this damn prison that you keep me and my sisters in.” Gabby goes to slap Sofia but is stopped by the almighty voice of Agustin. Agustin’s entrance is introduced by that corky, loveable music. He is decked out in his devil’s costume, complete with the fire poker and pointed horns. “Hey, you get out of here” demands Gabby. “No way, even though I’m dressed with horns and a poker I’m still your father.” “You’re like a curse that never goes away.” “Well of course I’m a curse; I’m your very own personal devil.” “One day you will pay for everything that you have made me suffer for.” Gabby storms out. “How sorry I am for you for having a mother like her. Is there anything you want to talk to me about? You know, I have this cap that allows me to be helpful in times like these….”

Oscar and Franco, the self-acclaimed “we don’t know how to work” brothers, are relaxing by the wobbly wall/structure. “Where is Juan?” “Well, I’m just worried that he’s always in problems” says Franco. Oscar then approaches Jimena who is conveniently waiting by. Jimena claims that her heart has ached as she has not been near Oscar. “Well, we’ll have to get closer to see what exactly is wrong with it” says Oscar, as he forces his head into her ever-exposed breasts. “No let’s just kiss instead” she says.

Franco finds Sarita reading by his horse. He surprises her as he presents her with a rose. “Please go away, my mom might be around.” “Nah, nobody’s coming.” Sarita starts to read a poem and Franco finishes it by memory/the writing on his hands. Interesting… “I’ve always wanted to fall in love” says Sarita. “Have you ever been in love?” she asks. Franco thinks about Rosario. “Yes. Actually, I’m in an impossible love.” A discouraged Sarita blushes.

In the smoke-filled back room of Fernie’s office he confesses to his crony that he has Gabby eating out of his hand. “She is blindly confident in me and listens to everything I say.” They laugh. He whips his friend for laughing. “Now that I have more power and land, I’m going to need you to be around more…to watch things.”

Sofia is talking to gramps. “I’m not going to force you to talk, but you can always count on me. What is going on with you and that boy?” Pause. Sofia cries in her grandpa’s arms. “I’m so unhappy with Fernie. I hate him and don’t love him. I want to separate from him but mom won’t let me. I can’t continue like this, I can’t.” “I promise that I will help you to leave this house for good honey. Trust in me. It’ll all be okay.” Sofia then remembers her last kiss with Juan. “Why? Why?” she asks.
Sarita is walking her horse. She confesses to Jimena that Franco is in an impossible love. “Well, I’m sure that you are that impossible love” says Jimena. Sarita suddenly cheers up. Too bad that Sarita really isn’t that love.

Franco is walking along and remembers the time that he wasn’t allowed to talk to Rosario. He decides to go and find her.

Gabby is talking to Fernie and tells him that there won’t be anymore problems with that darn heathen Sofia. He proposes that he leave. “No way” says Gabby. “Just know that I have decided to put all of the family fortune in your hands.” Wow, what an idiot. But then again, Gabby will do anything to keep Fernie from leaving, because as we know from the first episode, he is the only one who understands *cough* puts up with her. “I don’t know, seems kind of…” “Hey, I make the decisions around here, and you are the new owner-guy.” “Well, I wanted to wait a little longer for Bernie’s death to pass over but…” Seeing that he already took things into his own hands illegally, it’s just more convenient this way. He smiles as he thinks about this.

Juan is in the bakery, I know, not good. He takes a bite of bread and remembers Sofia. I don’t know why. “I can’t fall in love because that would mean breaking my promise to Libia. No, I don’t love Sofia.” He takes out his anger on the bread and throws the fresh loaves to the ground. Being the economist he is, he brushes them off and puts them back on the trays; actually, he doesn’t brush them off. I guess the health codes are a little less stringent in Mexico… Oscar sees this and immediately recognizes it as Juan being in love. “You can’t go on like this; it’s not fair to our sister.” “I just can’t stop.” Because it’s something stronger than me.” “Ah, you can’t stop? Well, I guess you can stop loving our sister.” OUCH! What’s going to hurt more: Oscar’s remark, or the food poisoning from the Reyes Bread Co.?

Sofia is condoling Bernie’s horse. The sisters decide that the horse is moody because it misses dad. (I am confident that one day this horse will talk!) They all remember how much they love their father and how horrible their mother is. Well, everyone but Sarita who tells them to stop. Sofia continues to say that she knows that Bernie loved Libia and that they should go find her. Too late now... The farmhand, who was supposed to go find Sofia and never did, comes into the stables with the trophy that Juan threw away. Sofia takes it to… uh… give it to Juan. Or maybe just keep it for her shrine of Juan.

Gabby is at the Church. “How good you are” says Father Tadeo. She laughs because she knows it’s not true. A woman comes to thank her and she pushes her away. They’re not from her class, you see. She turns around to Father and reminds him that she has to confess to him later on. “But what sins could you possibly have?” he asks. No, that question is not a joke. Gabby coyly smiles and enters the church. Then, Sofia sees the three bros come into the plaza on horseback. She observes Juan lovingly and gives a hopeful sigh.

Labels:


Comments:
Nicolas, this is another funny recap especially your comments on the hygiene in the Reyes Bakery (I think we all are very concerned about that) and Bernardo's horse who will eventually tell all. I thought Feonando beat that poor horse. Weren't there any lash marks seen by anyone?

I must confess I am enjoying this strange novela.

G from CA
 

I laughed out loud when I saw the guys carrying those same two weather-beaten moth-eaten 4x4s around the construction site for a second day. Like, are these the only two pieces of wood in this project?

I also laughed when I saw the wobbly line of fake-looking, leaning bricks. It appears the cabana will be about 5' square and is being built directly on grass with no foundation. I like your idea that this is sabotage. Wonder what the building inspector will say?

Yes, the bakery is utterly revolting.

Juan, shave and put your shirt on!
 

This show is so awesome...it is so good for such bad reason, ewwww
the snake tattoo, subtle like you couldn't see that one coming.

One question, had perhaps Bernie reined that psycho bitch wife in a bit, the over ripened daughters would not be last season's fruit. What the hell, was Bernie so busy driving the middle school bus, that he never noticed his daughters were living a freakish, repressive life?

Also did Pablo have those poety lines written on his fingers? Is that why he kept his hand by his mouth and then would look at his hand as he was saying the lines?
 

Nicholas: Thank you.

Yes, and Ferd spills his guts to Crabiela just like my son-in-law tells me all about his marriage to my daughter - Not, Not, Not.

I thought that Oscar told Juan to throw the rolls out.

Anyway, I'm loving this novela for the laughs. I have at least one LOL every chapter.

From lower Ala
 

Melinama, your donkey shed is better-contructed than this cabin!
 

They're building that cabana like they're stacking loaves of bread on a counter.

I'm sorry, Pablo "Mr. Meatball On A Stick" is the worst choice for an 'intellectual' I can imagine. Oh well, Oscar or Juan wouldn't be any more convincing spouting poetry.
 

I dont what to say on this one,
I got as far as part 6 online on this ep and well I loaded part 6 but never watched it. I didnt watch on tv cause I was down in the dineing room talking with my mom(I was also telling her about the blog).
Im gonna try and watch tonights ep online, Its my birthday today and im not so happy since im sick(my nose is killing me!)
Two thumbs up on the recap!
 

Well it was a little disturbing to see Rod (ahem Juan) get a little rough with Sophia, all in the name of Libia. The main theme of vengeance toward the sisters just doesn't fly (obviously they had nothing to do with Libia's death), and there's just not one thing about Juan's character that makes me want to like him. Rod at least was svelte and shaved.

Darn, I keep forgetting this is a comedy. I'm better now.
 

Nicolás: I am sitting at my desk at work reading your recap and laughing so hard the tears are running down my face. You made my day!
 

¡Emilee, feliz cumpleaños!
I hope you'll get better soon!

Eve from Cleveland
 

Great recap Nicolas. I also have to say it's nice to have another man around. Feel free to appreciate the women on the shows to counteract the overwhelming Colunga/Marcelo/Yanez lust floating around here.
Speaking of hot chicks - wonder why Rosario didn't ever contact the police about some guy stealing her kid and repeatedly raping her?
 

Nick, thanks for the funny recap!

Yeah, the constraction of cabaña is going a little bit too slow. And the quality of work - I was afraid that the brick wall will fall down when Jimena decided to get besos robados.

That snake Feo - what a surprise, now it's offical ( we've all known though since the first chapter ) that he is the one.

No skeevies or undies last nite - wow, I almost missed them, was getting used to see them in every episode.

Crabiella's commitment to the Feo is very strange - she put's all her motherly ( I hope) love into her son-in-law and he is taking it, without hesitation. Surprise!

The mood swings of Sarita actually would be very real on 15-years old girl but for 30 smthng (still) girl - a little bit over the top.

I loved the chemistry between Rod - oops Juan - and Sofia. Very promising.

Eve from Cleveland
 

Nick, you are definitely not the only person who sees baffling, serious flaws in this "vengeance" scheme. :)

I don't think Sofia was wearing a skirt when she was riding that horse; that was a, oh what do you call it, it's a cross between a skirt and a pair of pants. We used to call them "gauchos" when I was a kid (when they were briefly fashionable) but I don't think that name was correct. The Japanese version is called hakama. Looks like a skirt, but there's really two legs.

Anyway. So I thought I saw big red welts all over the horse's neck, but maybe I was hallucinating. Either that or everyone else is blind.

I also noticed that Sofia's rings seemed to change a couple of times throughout the episode. Sometimes she had on the engagement ring, and sometimes not.

Since the girls are educated and at least Sofia (if not the others) do have job skills, I really am vexed at this point as to why they don't leave.

So am I the only person who actually likes the music on this show? (I should mention, I also have TWO different soundtrack CDs for The Prisoner.) Everything except that brassy thing they play for Feonando.

Breadcrumbs all over Juan's scruffy face - yuck. He's lucky there's a chick out there who's sort-of willing to kiss them off of him.

Someone asked about the chicken shirts yesterday. I think those are roosters, symbolizing, y'know, macho roosterliness.
 

Oh, happy birthday, Emilee!
 

Julie, I also noticed the red scar on a horse when Sofia first came to her - then it somehow dissapeared. Hmm...

And I do like the music very much, almost as much as I hated the "Gaviota" song.

Eve from Cleveland
 

Thanks for the recap, Nicolas.
"Juan contemplates (never a good sign)" - LOL so true!

Last night was a little slow - going over same stuff, other than Gabi turning over the keys of her kingdom to FeoSnake. We knew he already had them.

Oscar must be the food inspector at the panadería, I understood that he told Juan to throw out the conchas. Or did he mean next time?

Julie - I love the theme song by Vicente Fernandez, and most of the other music in FELS. I'm a sucker for pretty much all traditional style romantic/ranchera Mexican music. (I can't tell you how sick I got of the Pasion theme - I was throwing shoes at the t.v. and hitting the mute button).


Emilee - Happy, happy birthday! How about a Tres Leches cake to celebrate? Yum.
 

Funny thing just happened. I wrote a comment and when I tried to send it I got an error message. But then when I hit the back button of my browser, it said that my message had been saved. (It lied, it wasn't). So, let's see if I can recall some of what I said. Thanks Nicolas and welcome aboard. I love your style. The humor and "no brainer" type comments are among the best. This can't possibly be for first time recapping, no? Anyway, keep doin what you're doing the same way you did it.
 

Oh, I meant to add that I love the theme music to this novela. But to demonstrate the extent of the different strokes for different folke, unlike Anya, I never tired of Pasion's theme music. In fact, I rarely fast forwarded past the intro scenes. I never tired of the costumes, the horses, you name it (and I'm not even a die hard Colunga fan).
 

*Screaming from the first floor in mama's deep angry voice* Put! some clothes ON!!! Ev-very-body! You too BonBon!
 

Nicolas, thanks for your second marvelous recap. You have a great flair for writing with plenty of humor to prop us up through this silly plot.

Melinama, your observations about the cabana building are so funny. I noticed they haven't even obliterated the well groomed mower lines on the vast lawn yet. That must be in the contract that they can't actually carry too many pieces of old wood or too many bricks piled to spoil the perfection of this lawn. Surely with no foundation, the big bad wolf will be able to blow the cabana away. No, wait, it's his house he'd be blowing on.
 

I also have the Destilando sountrack. It's been in my car's CD changer since the day I got it. I'm not tired of it yet, but I'm just getting to the point where I might be ready to take it out soon.

If there's a soundtrack for this show, maybe I'll swap it out with Destilando. Maybe.
 

Off Topic:
Eve did you hear any reviews of Azul Tequilla yet? I was thinking of asking for it for Mother's Day. Either that or Nunca te Olvidare.
 

Bonney , unfortunately nobody reviewed Azul Tequila yet. One of the reason I was looking into it because it has very good raitings on Amazon and it's unedited version that is practically unheard of for legal copies.
I also was looking into Nunca te Olvidare but I already got a few TNs with Colunga and started to watch "Abrázame muy fuerte" so I'll wait a little bit.

Eve from Cleveland
 

Julie, I haven't looked for the Destilando sound track yet. I did like the music from it though. hmmm. When Fernando Lima's debut CD came out, Pasión with the track of his duet with Sarah Brightman, I preordered it from Amazon. I love it and have many Sarah Brightman CD's. What beautiful voices. For this show I love the theme song so will probably get the soundtrack or at least download the "Vale más un gran amor...." it is so haunting and beautiful.

Perhaps this beautiful music and the very real Mexican poetry are our moments of high culture in this. I noticed, as Nicolas did, that Gabriela is such a snob with the village women but she doesn't seem to have refined tastes. She really doesn't have refined taste when she licks her lips over the snakeman Feonando. Iccckkkk.

And one more thing, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Emilee!! I hope the happiness of your special day improves your well being too. It's not fair to be sick on your own birthday.
 

Thanks, Nicolas. Happy Birthday , Emilee. Now , for some stream-of-consciousness comments. Even though Eduardo still puts the fuego en mi sangre, I missed parts of last night's episode because I dozed off a couple of times. [It was a long day of final exams yesterday followed by taking my mother-in-law out to dinner.] Anyhoo, at one point, I awoke and thought I saw Oscar's face buried in Jimena's ample bosum...I thought that it was a dream, so thanks for confirmimg that it actually happened. The fact that these 3 couples all fell in love at first sight at such lightning spedd brought to mind Cristobal and Paula from Mundo de Fieras and that 45 minutes of bliss in Italy. And, Bambi McBooberson is a pretty solid , healthylooking girl. I think she's as tall as Assfern, and I think that she could take him if she put forth the effort instead of crying and groveling. Or , following my mother's advice to me when I was in elementary school , ''Kick him and runnnn.'' I love Adela and Eduardo but this novela is very odd. Like many of you, I worry about that building project and why no one seems to notice that the Reyes Brothers have no idea what they are doing. And what is up with Granddad and the costumes ???? All I can say is...bizarre. ***Mad Buns Bess, headed for a few nights down the shore
 

Another great recap!

Words to live by: When you're hard up your hard up.
 

With regards to the Reyes Brothers' construction skills, I can't figure out whether we're supposed to notice that they're clueless, or if we're supposed to suspend disbelief and imagine that they're doing a good job with a limited prop budget.

If they don't create something plausible-looking soon, they're gonna get fired!
 

I have decided that I will just "enjoy" FES for what it is. I'm not sure what that is but then again I think the cast may have the same problem. I think I lean towards a Thirty-something main cast pretending to be around Twenty. OK, Works for me. I like the little things, like EY patting the horse.
I loved the song the first hundred times I heard it but it's starting to wear thin.I got a kick out of the Padre channeling his inner Eddie Haskell.Anyone else like the leaping stuntman grabbing the running horse by the neck and getting lifted off his feet? Whoa doggy.
Grandpa is freaky.But then again who wouldn't be? Who wouldn't have a little closet with dress up clothes just to irk one's b*#*ch daughter.
EY , to give him his due,does conflicted lover very well.
I like Adela but am a bit tired of red dyed hair.Anyone else notice that we have a red head, a black haired and a brunette?Did Bernabe have blue eyes? If not, where did Jimena get her blue eyes? Oh well, if she can play 20 she can play genetic miracle.
Franco's facial expressions are priceless. Why do I keep thinking of Forrest Gump? mhm
Nice recap!
 

Great and funny recap Nick.
Do you think they told the script writer it would be 190 episodes? The dialog is already looping, like the action, to say Nondo is bad, BonBon is a repeat rape victim, Mamita is bad, te amo can't help myself S and J, etcetera etcetera ditto etcetera.
This director should try silent film making.
Matter of fact...I'm going to watch with the mute on tonight.
 

Regarding the eye color, I remember from seventh-grade science back in olden days that it is possible for two brown-eyed people to have a blue-eyed child.

The blue gene is recessive, and each parent would have to have one; but they can each donate one and come up with Jimena.

It's one of the handy safety tips when dealing with things in novela land, where many brown-eyed people have blue-eyed offspring. :-) It doesn't work in reverse, though.

Love the comments and the recaps. Thanks!
 

She also could have gotten designer contact lenses when she bought her hoochie clothes.
 

Oh no Ferro, she must have just outgrown her last summer's playclothes. :() And mommy didn't notice yet.
 

Two blue eyed people can have a brown eyed child if there is a brown eyed grandparent. Blue eyed, black haired people are pretty rare.I like the blue contacts
/hoochie clothes theory.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Hey, Jeri! Glad to see at least YOU didn't sleep through biology class during the genetics lesson! ; ? ))

I only sort of remembered that little tidbit from sooo long ago but I also now remember that I flunked the rest of the exam. Bummer! I thought it was going to be such a life-altering experience. If I only knew then what I know now.....
==========
Happy Birthday, Emilee! Gees, is 19 old enough to be watching killer Bonbon shake her basketballs and bootey? With all this lurid sex, violence and brutality you get to see on Univision you may become a violent crossdressing, stalker/axe murderer/serial killer and alchoholic by the time you're 21!! Lord ha' mercy, child!
9>8 ? )
=============

Now the crumbs on Juan's gross stubble (not exactly a 5:00 shadow, more like a 24/7) gave me a veritable gag attack. I couldn't stop thinking Sofia is going to have a big surprise the morning after the night before when she asks to use his toothbrush. On the other hand, how hard up and desperate to even consider going to bed with him in the first place?? One look at him in that bakery would tell me all I needed to know to get out while the gettin' is good!
 

Well, curiosity got the better of me. I just did a Google search for The Prisoner soundtrack, and on Amazon, where they're selling the soundtrack, you can listen to soundbites. The main theme has the same kind of jazzy trumpet blasts as the "galloping brothers" theme on Fuego.

Count me as someone who really likes the opening song.
 

Huh one of my comments has disappeared. What strange things happening here. Anyway here is Vicente Fernandez performing 'Para Siempre' live, singing it personally to Adela Noriega and doing his best Mexican Barry White. And from the look of her smile and heaving breathing, it is definitely working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWwT6lbHEKA
 

Back on my acount again(I Emilee K) and well here is a pic of me and my lil sisters stubborn cat Abby we call her Lupitia after that Rebelde Charater.
Lol!
I hope to be a writer and desingher im very creative. I just so happed to put a little spanish show plot togther and typed it up on word pad in english(Havent gotten far with my spanish spelling as i did with my talking) and if you read carefully it pretty much sound like a plot I call it Cuatro vidas: Identidad
4 Lives :Identity
Just because i dont understand much doesnt mean i dont learn the ways of these shows lol,
I happen to love the Pasion theme song! I was more suprised when I learned sarah brightman sung pasion I was guessing at first it was her singing in the duet and well i laughed when I found out it was her! I cant help but listen to sarah brightman's new cd over and over (My mom and i have many of her cds). The way to me with these shows are theme songs! Sometimes i'll just tune in to hear theme songs!
Thanks for the birthday wishes and Get well wishes they made me smile!
 

I think this show is shot in HD because I swear I was fixating on something on Sofia's (Adela's) nose in one of the close-ups and looking at her roots. I like the HD because it makes all the colors so vivid and the hacienda, the outfits and the fiesta really look beautiful.

As mentioned the music is interesting in this novela with it's variety. Feonando's is my favorite.

Finally, I wonder how scratchy Mighty Joe Juan's stubble is? Being so noble, I would willingly sacrifice myself to find out.

An EY fan.

G in CA
 

Thankfully Juan has at least a small concern with hygiene, when he does his wash and rinse routine at the construction site!

Here's hoping that Sophia never surprises Juan at the bakery and finds out about its true workings.
 

Nicolas, thanks for the recap, which kept me laughing and smiling all the way.
Bernie's horse does seem ready to talk. Also thought that yesterday when it was neighing in the barn.

Juan (EY) does have a lovely smile, but not much else going for him (My opinion, YMMV). Oscar looks the best to me of the three.
We're told the girls are educated, but I'd like to see more proof. Were they tutored/home schooled on the hacienda? 'Cuz if they went away to school, it's amazing that they're willing to stay imprisoned there. They would have heard about the outside world, and men, and love, etc. from their classmates, even in an all-girls school. Strange.
I agree about the dialog and plot seeming looped. I was thinking of a file of plot elements that were randomly generated by computer, just plugged in over and over.
I also like the idea of watching on mute--it's worth trying.
Gramps continues to entertain and I also like the music, especially the theme. Heard it on the area hispanic radio station the other day.
Juan and the breadcrumbs in the bakery--grossed me out.
La Paloma
 

Anonymous, blue-eyed people only have blue genes and cannot have a brown-eyed child. The brown genes are dominant; if they had a brown gene to donate, they would have brown eyes.

Hi, Jardinera! :-) That scene in the bakery with all the buns flying and Juan having glandular irritation were hilarious.

I received the "Para Siempre" CD by Vicente Fernández in the mail today; looking forward to giving that a spin. I love the music in this show.

Also, I made some screen caps of the first few episodes; for the album from the gorgeous fiesta, click on my name above.
 

Jeri - thanks for the screen caps & no thanks for the second chance to check out Oscar in his Hanes. That side shot - wow - he's really packing. Gotta flush my eyes out.

Speaking of eyes - always wondered why my cousin had blue eyes, and her parents were brown-eyed. Thanks for the genetics lesson.
 

gukfJeri, in your screen caps did you know you have included 3 pictures of Oscar in his bikini jockeys? Now I must wash my eyes out again. You didn't even give us a warning.
 

Sorry somehow the word verification became part of my post.

G in CA
 

Thank you for that youtube link, Ferro - it's so funny to watch her react to him as the song goes on and on. :)
 

Anon, you asked whether Bernabe had blue eyes. It doesn't matter. The important question is, did the pool boy have blue eyes? (Don't all pool boys have blue eyes and surfer-blond hair?)

Or for that matter, how about the sweet, beautiful downtrodden, well-bred servant girl working at the house and pregnant at the same time as Bitterella? You know, the servant girl adopted from the orphanage, of mysterious parentage, the one who grandpa was always very protective of, with so much compassion he was almost like a father to her? Of course, that servant girl disappeared soon after her b*s*ard was still-born, and Sophia was born on the same day. Did she have blue eyes?
 

I could not in good conscience leave out the shaving scene from the screen caps.

Besides, they were by request.

I love the scene where Sofía touches sleeping Juan's lips. She did not get the memo about letting sleeping Juan's lie, thank goodness.

(click my name to see my fave)
 

Jeri, did you do the requesting? Do you have a thing for Oscar? Just kidding. Thanks for the screen caps.

G from CA
 

Good golly. I don't remember the exact moment depicted in #098. And you'd think I would've, since I was looking. (No, I do not have any shame.)
 

Oscar as quality control in the bakery is funny -- but he did toss the pan of conchas (thrown on the floor during raving tantrum) onto another pan of cuernos that must have been tossed similarly the day before -- and said "throw these out too." So, yeah, Oscar must be the in-house health inspector.

Poor Sofia was raped by the snake tattoo guy after being chloroformed -- remember the bottle and hanky? That's why such a weak resistance and a glowing hazy view of snake. What I'm wondering is why nobody else except Rosario has seen the snake -- I guess Fernando never takes off his clothes at the hacienda. Notice, he doesn't have a beard, nor does he sit around in his skivvies and chat. Isn't it usually the other way round with bad guys and good guys?

I agree with Bonney Churros -- everybody else get dressed too -- and furthermore, EVERYBODY shave! (more than 5 o'clock shadow, more like 24/7 -- ha ha ha! great comment! and totally true! Shave, guys, shave! and tuck in those shirts! The Charro Assoc is offended!

Have been wondering why Padre Tadeo never seems to walk in on everyone while they're sitting around in their undies chatting...
 

I don't think anyone else knows that Sofia's rapist had a snake tattoo. I get the impression that she's never had a chance to discuss it with anyone in any detail. I bet her mother didn't let her report it.
 

G from CA, I didn't start out with a thing for Oscar, but I'm getting one. He's pretty adorable.

And Julie, I swear, I am not making 098 up.

Btw, I was looking for and saw the bloody welts on the horse, too; I kept waiting for somebody in the show to notice!

And the person who said they were gone later was right -- the marks were gone. The horse is already a plot point, and I think he's going to come in handy in the future; but they lost their chance last night.

(for earlier page of screen caps, click my name)
 

Blue eyed parents can have a brown eyed child. It is called genetic recombination.
I personally like the Waardenburg syndrome look.One bright blue eye, one regular colored eye and a white streak down the middle of the hair.
 

I'm getting a thing for Oscar too. And I swear it has nothing to do with #098, which I am sure Jeri didn't make up, but I still can't believe I missed it.
 

How about a recasting of this show with the Three Cs: Colunga for Juan;Camil for Oscar (Elizabeth A. could finally get her man), and Marcelo Cordero (??not sure of his name, but it starts with a C;aka as Ascanio or Tia Loving/Abuelo Killer) as the sensitive, poetic Franco.I really like Nora Salinas in general and think she and Marcelo would make a nice couple.

But I have to admit the actor who plays Oscar (forgetting about his briefs, etc.) was pretty sexy with Jimena.
 

anonymous, genetic recombination wasn't covered in seventh-grade science; but it sounds like a mutation rather than business as usual.

Oscar is played by Jorge Salinas, whom some may remember had a brief cameo as Luigi Lombardi's boyfriend, Rulli, in Fea Mas Bella. Jorge is a pretty versatile actor.
 

Thanks for the great recap Nicholas (and the one last week as well). Your sense of humor blends in so well here it is amazing this is your first time recapping.

I hope the villains do get some set backs because to watch Feonando constantly getting over will be sickening.

Also I agree with Julie, there is no logical reason why the "girls" haven't left home and this is irritating as a plot point.
 

A week ago I said I was having trouble seeing Nora Salinas as Sarita; I'm already over that. Now it's getting harder to imagine how she was ever Carolina on that other show.

But to recast most of Fuego with more talented or more attractive actors would be a terrible disservice to those actors, I fear. Even though some of the players (coughcoughPablocough) are not the best, I think the real problem here is a goofy script and an apparently inattentive director.

Putting better actors in the roles would just mean better actors making bigger fools of themselves. Even if they could find a better and more convincing way to say a dumb line, it's still a dumb line.

Sad but true. But hey, it's more fun this way. :)
 

Jeri, the first shaving pix has Jorge with his hand over the hip and really does make him look like he's wearing a thong! OMG! Way too much for my imagination to bare him there....... Also noted that the next pix shows they're standing like that with a fully pane-glassed door to the street and somebody (one of the extras?) is looking in. Yes, they are sharing that stubbled and speedo'd loveliness with the casual passers by, but then, considering the gene pool of these three.....
 

My son was watching with me and his comment afterwards was, "this show looks like they're making it up as they go along"
ha ha ha, they probably are doing just that, especially if one reads the noticias section on the esmas official FELS website! They do seem to be writing it as they go along.
 

Yeah, did get it that nobody but Sofia has seen the snake tattoo, and she only while under the influence of rapist drugs. but obviously nobody else has seen Fernando without his shirt on unless maybe he's chloroformed them too, or has them held captive in a dance hall dressing room so they can't tell anybody. I'm guessing this is the telenovela reason the good guys are so willing to run around half-nekkid -- they have no incriminating tattoos to flout.
 

Regarding screen cap #098, I think the Univision censors were snipping again. I will thank them personally.

G in CA
 

LOL, G in CA.

Jardinera, I can't seem to make out the peeper. But I could certainly understand it...LOL.

I also liked the dream sequence; that was very pretty.
 

7:52, I still don't get why you think it matters whether anyone else has seen the snake tattoo or not? Unless people know that they're supposed to be looking specifically for a guy with a snake tattoo, why would they care?
 

Re the snake tat -- I think that Sofia has never seen Feo nekked and also that she'd blocked out the snake till she was in a similar prone nearly ravaged position in the field. Just MHO.

:?p
 

Yeah, it looked like a post-traumatic stress thing. So she is probably the one and only person who would care about that tattoo - whether anyone else has seen it or not.

I assume the reason he never takes his shirt off around the hacienda is because Crabiella would find it objectionable. But if he did take it off, Sofia is the last person who would look at him!
 

Happy Birthday Emilee!

Another great recap Nicolas. You've definitely got the gift. Also, I like your picture, nice and festive.
 

Other than Eduardo...nobody in this novela is putting any fuego in mi sangre. How is this going to run 190 episodes when they are already repeating the same lines over and over again and it's only been 2 weeks. I am going to need something stronger than baked goods to get through this one....so it looks like I'll be regressing back to the rum from Pasion viewing days or the tequila from Destilando. I do like the theme song...very romantic ***Mad Buns Bess, hopeless romantic but desperately seeking some fuego
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder