Tuesday, May 06, 2008

La Traición, Tues., May 5- Soledad is ready to love Hugo as Alcides; Hugo is ready to tell Soledad the truth and Alcides is ready to mess it all up

Hugo and Soledad continue the conversation they started on Friday's episode.
H: (with his hair done as Alcides) I would like to believe you. I would like to believe you.
S: It’s not me that is speaking to you, it's my soul. It hurts me so much to look in your eyes. Because my feelings are as confused as my own heart.
She runs out of the room. Hugo follows.

Marina tells Eloisa that she must have meant that her boss is Alcides. Eloisa replies that she knows perfectly well that Hugo is pretending to be his twin brother Alcides. She says, from now on let’s take off our masks because I only want to hire you and the only thing you have to do to make yourself rich is to answer a few questions.

Paquito tells Rebeca that he would bet anything that there is no gold in the cursed mine and the whole thing is nothing but a lie. Rebeca says if that is so, they will end up in the street. What’s going to happen in San Marino is very bad, but you have to outsmart them. I’ll beat Hugo to it. Rebeca asks what he means. He says that before the mine is revealed to be a fraud, he will take a big chunk of it. Hugo will have to pay for his silence. Hugo de Medina will have to pay.

Lucas asks why Ester doesn’t answer. He assumes that his accusations are correct – Soledad is Jeremias’ daughter. Ester says that she know he doesn’t believe her words but she assures him that Soledad is his daughter. Lucas calls her a liar. She begs him to believe her. He asks how he could believe her when Jeremias gave her this big house. He screams at her to tell him the truth. He loves Soledad more than everything in the world but Ester has to tell him whether Soledad is Jeremias’ daughter or not.

Michelle wants to visit Alcides and Andres says that he will take her there after fencing practice. She asks Dr. Dan to be the judge.

The scene in the rain (Hugo waited to put up his hair in Hugo’s style before he ran outside and is wearing the rings he was buried in.)
S: Let me go. You don’t realize what I’ve suffered. I shiver when I’m near you. I get goose bumps because I feel like I’m kissing Hugo. I feel that Hugo didn’t die when I’m near you.
H: Then believe that Hugo didn’t die. I am Hugo.
They kiss again.

Ester tells Lucas that she thought her daughter would be better off if Jeremias thought she was his daughter. Lucas says that Ester was always greedy. He worked all day but that wasn’t enough for her (Ester said before that he was drunk all the time, not working). She only cared about appearances, about how she appeared to society. Ester tries again to get Lucas to listen to her. She says that they had nothing and if Jeremias thought Soledad was his daughter, he would give Ester a house so that the child would be in a financially stable environment. Lucas doesn’t believe her. He calls her an evil being, a shameless prostitute. She slaps him and he slaps her back. Ester says that is the first time he has hit her. (She told Rebeca yesterday that when Lucas was drunk, he mistreated her – sloppy writing or lies?). She tells him to get out of the house. Lucas says that of course he’ll get out of Jeremias’ house. He warns her to say nothing to Soledad about this. Lucas remembers Soledad as a little girl.

More kissing in the rain.
H: You’ve always slapped me when I kissed you. Do it if it makes you feel better.
S: No, I only want to do this. (she kisses him again and pulls away.)
H: Hold on. Don’t leave. I don’t want you to leave.
S: I have to leave, Alcides. I have to clear my thoughts. Let me go.
H: Tell me something before you leave. If you loved Hugo that much, why were you unfaithful to him? Why did you have a baby with me? With Alcides. Why?
S: I was never unfaithful to Hugo, not even in my thoughts. Aurora is Hugo’s daughter.
She leaves Hugo standing there like he was hit by a ton of bricks.

Soledad goes to the cemetery and when she gets there she’s all dry and her hair is combed. She kneels at Hugo’s tomb. Hugo follows her and listens from behind a tree.
She speaks to dead Hugo –
S: I kissed your brother today. I never thought I would betray your memory. But I did. Please forgive me. I let you down. Forgive me. Your brother Alcides has been very good to your daughter and to me. Oh god, please help me because I don’t know what to do. The truth is that for the first time since you left, my heart is filled with love again. Even if I wanted to turn back time and even if I wanted to have you here. I know you’re not coming back.
Hugo looks like he finally realizes what he has done to Soledad by not telling her he was alive all this time.
Soledad flashes back to her courtship with Hugo including the gift of the locket, his death and burial.
S: Forgive me, my love but I can’t continue to live in a lie – awaiting your return when I know that you’ll never come back. That’s why I have made a decision but I want you to know that whatever happens, you will be in my heart, always. She takes the locket and leaves it on Hugo’s grave and leaves.
Hugo takes the locket. (He is no longer wearing the rings he was buried in.)
H: Soledad always loved me. Always.

Michelle and Andres fence while Dr. Dan watches. Arturo sees her too. He asks a hotel employee for the name of the guest. The guy tells him that her name is Michelle Phillips, a very rich woman from a northern city. Arturo asks if either of the guys with her are her husband. The guy doesn’t think so; they have separate rooms. Arturo says to himself that the celebration for Soledad will be perfect opportunity to meet Michelle Phillips.

Soledad, Ursula and the baby come to the Obragon house. Soledad tells Ester that she wants to be alone. Ester asks Ursula what’s going on. Ursula says that the only thing she knows is that Soledad is having problems with Alcides. Ursula asks where Lucas is. She doesn’t get an answer.

Lucas comes to Rebeca’s dressing room. She asks if he has received an invitation to Alcides’ party for Soledad. She thinks it will be a great party. Finally, she notices that Lucas is upset. Lucas says that she was right. Soledad isn’t his daughter. Rebeca is impactada.

In the cemetery, Hugo remembers a whole lot of happy times with Soledad when he was pretending to be Alcides.
H: I let rage and jealousy take me over and I made one mistake after another, one mistake after another. For what? I just realized that Soledad always loved me. I was stupid, so stupid. I have to put an end to this vengeance plan because Soledad thinks she is falling in love with Alcides. She doesn’t suspect that I’m Hugo, that I’m still alive and I never stopped loving her. My God, Aurora is my daughter. She’s our daughter.
Hugo pushes over his tombstone.
H: No more lies. I’m alive. Hugo is alive.

Paquito comes to see Alcides. Marina tells him that he isn’t home. Paquito says that he will verify that for himself. Boris tells him to get out and Paquito responds that he knows that Alcides is really Hugo. “Tell him to come see me,” he says to Boris and leaves.

Hugo has gotten dressed. He comes into his bedroom (with his hair in the Alcides style) and finds Eloisa there. He asks what she is doing there and who gave her permission to come in. She says that she came in by the secret passage. She has come to speak to him about Arturo and the investors in the mine. She notices that he looks like he has been crying. Hugo tells her to leave. He says that he is not in the mood to talk to anyone. He starts to forcibly make her leave and she calls him Hugo and says that she knows perfectly well that he is Hugo. She explains how Paquito had a drawing made of the skull that was in his grave and it was the skull of Miguel, the gravedigger. Hugo tells her to leave again. “Aren’t you afraid that Soledad will find out that you have been lying to her all this time?” asks Eloisa. Hugo replies, “Soledad will find out I am Hugo because I will tell her myself.”

Soledad is with her baby.
S: I love you and you are the most important person to me. I want you to have a family, a father who loves you and makes you happy like I had when I was a little girl. That’s why I have made a decision today. I promise you that I will always, always tell you about your father but Alcides will raise you as your father. I hope you’ll forgive me one day. I just want the best for you and I promise you that from now forward I will only think about you, your future and your happiness. It’s the only thing that matters. I love you.

Eloisa tells Hugo that Soledad will hate him for lying to her. “ If she does, I deserve it,” replies Hugo. (Get her out of your bedroom!!!) Eloisa says that she doesn’t know why Hugo impersonated Alcides but no one can find out about it. There would be scandal. Hugo would go to jail; people would hate him. Hugo gives her one more chance to leave voluntarily and then he drags her out. (Get that secret passage sealed up!)

In the ML’s dressing room, Lucas has fallen off the wagon. What a completely useless human being he is. Rebeca says that Ester doesn’t deserve him. He should leave her house and divorce her, no matter the scandal. She urges him to punish Ester. Have her thrown out of the house since it isn’t even hers. Lucas says that maybe she is right. He passes out and Rebeca says to herself that the house has to be hers. She will tear it down brick by brick until she finds the treasure.

Michelle and Andres call on Alcides. Boris asks who she is. Michelle gives her name and says that she has come to the city about a cure for catalepsy. Hugo comes into the hall (with his hair now in the Hugo style) dragging Eloisa. He is impactado on seeing Michelle (gag – this witch has her own song?). Eloisa leaves. Boris tells Hugo that Michelle wants to speak with him. Hugo apologizes to her for his rudeness but he isn’t able to see anyone now. He excuses himself. She says that she was a patient of old Dr. Chirac and like his daughter, she had catalepsy. “Let me guess,” says Hugo, “he cured you and now you want to give me a miracle cure for a large sum of money.” He excuses himself and tells Boris to follow him.

Paquito is waiting for Eloisa. He says that he knew she wouldn’t fulfill their deal. What was she doing in Hugo’s house? Paquito guesses that Hugo threw Eloisa out and Eloisa guesses that Hugo refused to be blackmailed by Paquito. They start fighting with one another.

Ursula tells Soledad that she has been very quiet since she got to the house and asks if she is ok. She says that her heart is at peace. Finally, she is able to go on with the rest of her life. She tells Ursula that she knows better than anyone that she hasn’t given herself the chance to love someone and she has been afraid all this time that Alcides would take Hugo’s place. But she has been thinking that doesn’t make any sense. She can’t be faithful to the memory of a man who is dead and will never return. Ursula says that she is sure that wherever Hugo is, he knows that Soledad loved him and he wants her to go on with her life. Ursula urges her to go ahead and do it, be the joyful person she used to be. Her daughter has the right to see that side of her. Soledad agrees. She says that from this day forward, her life will change. She will give Alcides a chance and who knows she might be happy with him. Ursula says that she won’t regret it. Alcides has changed a lot and is a good man and here is the latest evidence of it. She shows Soledad the invitation to the celebration. Soledad is excited that Alcides would do something like that and asks Ursula to find her best dress. She wants Alcides to be proud when she stands by his side at the celebration. She says that everything will change. From now on, she will be the wife of Alcides.

Marina flashes back to Eloisa’s offer of money for info on Hugo. She slithers up to Michelle and apologizes for Hugo’s behavior. If they tell her what they came for, maybe she can get Hugo to meet with them. Michelle tells her to tell Hugo that, strange as is it may sound, she has the cure for the disease that his daughter suffers. She leaves. Marina says to herself that with a cure for catalepsy, the woman could cure Hugo. Eloisa will be pay well for that information.

Paquito doesn’t kill Eloisa, which is what I was hoping for. Eloisa tells Paquito that she has a source of information about Hugo but she won’t tell him who it is. She says that with the information this person gets, she is sure that they will find a way to blackmail Hugo.

Hugo (with his hair done like Alcides) is in his study with Boris:
B: Are you sure that you want to tell them that you are Hugo de Medina? If you tell the truth, everyone will know that you have been lying and you may have trouble with the authorities.
H: I have to accept the consequences of my actions. I have to accept that the Plan of Vengeance was a stupid idea. I ended up harming the people I love.
B: Soledad is a woman of strong character. If you tell her the truth, she’ll never forgive you.
H: I know but I don’t have an alternative. She loves me anyway. I’ll find her tonight and tell her the absolute truth. I’m sure she will forgive me.
Marina comes in with the invitation to the celebration. Hugo reads it.
H: Alcides de Medina is throwing a party in honor of Soledad.
B: That’s impossible
H: It means that Alcides has returned. My brother Alcides has returned. He’s back.

Soledad is in the bath. Ursula says that she looks lovely. Alcides will be happy to see her. Soledad says that as of today, she only belongs to Alcides, the man who loves her so much.

Everybody’s getting ready for the celebration in scenes mostly without any dialog. Yeah!

Hugo is getting ready too (his hair is in the Hugo style). He tells Boris that he has to get there before his brother. He is sure it is a trap.

Everyone is at the celebration. Arturo is looking for Michelle and he tells Hercu-less (first time we’ve seen him ages) that it will be good day for him. Eloisa warns Paquito not to use this occasion to reveal Hugo’s identity. Paquito says that his instincts tell him something interesting will happen here. Michelle tells Dr. Dan that since they’ve struck out with Alcides, they will make contact with Soledad. Michelle wants to meet her and tell her that her purpose in being in town is to cure her daughter’s catalepsy. Antonia tells Dr. Max that he is unrecognizable. He says that he got dressed up at her request and it feels very strange.

Soledad arrives in a beautiful blue and green gown. Paquito announces to everyone that Soledad has arrived and calls for applause. Michelle introduces herself to Soledad. She introduces Dr. Dan who is very gallant. Michelle says that she needs to speak to Soledad. At that moment, Soledad excuses herself; her husband has arrived. Hugo gets out of the carriage and comes up to Soledad. He says, “Where is he?” “Who?” asks Soledad. “Where is he?” repeats Hugo. Eloisa tells Hugo that it is a nice idea for him to give a celebration for his wife. Paquito announces another arrival. Hugo stands there like he is bracing himself for a blow. Out of the carriage steps Alcides in an outfit that reminds me of what John Travolta wore in Saturday Night Live. The credits roll.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Jean and all,

I watched last night’s episode; it was a really good one aside from the bad editing. I noticed the ring under the rain not after the rain. Probably the rain dissolved it. I also noticed it was raining cats and dogs where Hugo and Soledad were, but not anyplace else. Every time they cut to other people with was dry and clear. The cemetery scene as you mentioned both of them were bone dry not even their hair was wet. I guess they had their own rainy cloud where it was raining for them, but just outside the house. Also as you mentioned that Hugo had time to stop and fix his hair as Hugo. After the cemetery scene the hair was Alcides/Hugo, Hugo/Alcides. I was like make up your mind already!

Doctor Max cleaned up pretty well. Do we see a possible romance coming up between the good Doctor and Tia Antonia? Luc-ass as Jean calls him is a lost case. He can’t be redeemed. And Marina hopefully she’ll die during childbirth. In the new promos I noticed something between Ursula and Boris.

I am going to give La Traicion another chance. It is getting interesting again. We’ll see.
 

OMIGOSH, OMIGOSH, OMIGOSH!!!!!
Between Youtube & Telemundo I got caught up on ALL 3 outstanding episodes last night - 66, 67 AND tonight's show, 68! All I can say is, holy cow, holy cow, HOLY FRIGGIN' COW!!!!

Great recap, Jean! UNBELIEVABLE. I want to slap everyone, starting with Hugo. Then Luc-Ass, then Marina, then Michelle. If the writers really have in mind that Michelle is going to be a serious rival for Soledad, they are completely out of their minds. Hugo has been an idiot, yes, but his taste would never be that bad. When he saw her, I thought for a minute he had a catalepsy attack coming on... Give me a break.

Antonia looked great. How pretty she is when she's not scowling!

Soledad dispatched Dr. Dan pretty quickly. She doesn't even appear to remember the Von Chirac name. She's probably just too excited to let her hubby know she's now become his Adoring Wife.

I don't know how I'm going to get any work done today, waiting for tonight's show. TOO GOOD!
 

Ignore the editing I'm enjoying the love story and the twist and turns. I am hoping that they put Mischell with Alcides they would make a good pair (both into swords and the like)and if they are together that will leave Hugo and Soledad free. Also then they won't have to kill Alcides to resolve the conflict between the brothers.
 

Hi Marie Celeste: I know, I know. It was great. I kept stopping the recapping to just watch. The scene in the cemetery was so good. Poor Hugo except that this is all his fault. And poor Soledad. She is going to have to take this blow in public without anyone like her parents to help her.

I agree that Hugo can't possibly have any relationship with Michelle. It just doesn't make sense.

I spend all day at work checking the blog and waiting for Telemundo to post the teaser for the next day's episode. I'm not very productive!
 

I learned a couple of new words in last night's episode:

estremecerse: to shiver or tremble with emotion.

In the rain scene, Soledad says to Hugo: ¡Qué me estremezco cada vez que estoy cerca de ti!

I tremble every time I am near you!

and
erizarse, to bristle, stand on end from el erizo, a hedgehog.
Describing skin (la piel) as it is used here, we would say have goosebumps.

Also from the rain scene:
¡qué se me eriza la piel porque siento que besando a... que estoy con Hugo!

I get goosebumps because I feel that when I am kissing... that I am with Hugo!

(Spanish dialog from Mabouchita's resúmen of last night's episode, www.mabouchita.com)
 

HOLY FRIGGIN' COW!!!! Marie Celeste, that sums it up for me, too. Last night when I watched Monday’s episode I wanted to scream “Stop talking with such a thick accent, I can’t understand you!” Oh, ya, I don’t SPEAK SPANISH!! I'll watch it again today with the recaps and I’ll check in later.

Nancy
 

Thanks Jean! LoL Sue - the ring melted in the rain. Doesn't that happen with witches too? Also, the rain was very specific in where it hit.

Luckily, I taped the kissing in the rain scene, which I love. It'll be good to rerun on a rainy day...
jb
 

The plot is definetely getting thicker. This is show time, the grand stand or duel of the brothers.

Mario Cimarro is such a good actor. He really does put alot of nuances in his charactures. When he plays Alcides he seems to stand up very arrogantly and have a hard look in his eyes. And when he portrays Hugo, there seems to be such a gentle almost nerdyness with his half smiles. A "handsome" nerdyness ofcouse. I'm on the edge of my seat as well, and can't wait to see what happens next.
 

Great recap, Jean. This certainly was the episode we have all been waiting for. I can hardly wait to see where they will take this from here. All sorts of possibilities.

It was interesting, the changes of hair of Hugo/Alcides. Could it be that Hugo isn't quite sure who he is at this point?
 

Wow, that kiss in the rain was well worth waiting for. It’s a good thing I have the benefit of your recaps, Jean, because I could make out enough to understand that Hugo was telling Soledad that he was Hugo. But then I could tell by her actions that she still thought he was Alcides. Those language subtleties are what completely go over my head.

Yes, it was nice that Soledad had time to stop by the hairdresser and laundromat for a quick fluff and dry before her visit to the cemetery. Hey, I was right, they did end up at the cemetery, but not quite as I thought.

Since Lucas has been an alcoholic most of their marriage, perhaps he just thought he was a hard worker. Esther said this was the first time he had struck her (maybe it was emotional abuse she was referring to before). Just don’t ask me why I’m defending Ester!

Everyone keeps saying that Hugo will be in trouble and perhaps go to jail for what he has done. What am I forgetting? As far as anyone knows, he has only impersonated his brother. (Of course, that mine scam is another matter.)

The Paquito/Eloisa wrestling match was hysterical. As despicable as both of them are, they are never boring!

Regarding Michelle: I have been trying to not think (or speak) of her because I start frothing at the mouth. Since they went to all the trouble to compose her own song we’re probably stuck with her!

Loved the campy Indiana Jones whip action by Dr. Dan! Mothers, lock up your candles!

At the fiesta did anyone notice that Eloisa had inflated her bosom to a DD.

What a ripping final scene when The Real Alcides arrived!!! What a contrast between the Medina Men:

Hugo dressed in black looked like a lost tormented soul (wanted to hug him)

Alcides dressed in white surveyed the scene with condescencion (wanted to slap him)

Nancy
 

jb: This is off subject (sort of), but speaking of kissing in the rain scenes… Have you seen “El Cuerpo del Deseo”, the last novela Mario did before LT? In my book, Mario & Danna are hands-down the winning novela couple when it comes to romance, but he & Lorena Rojas generated some plain ole’, knock-down, drag-out HEAT in “ECDD”. There’s one nighttime rain love scene I remember that makes Hugo & Soledad’s rain kiss look like a sandbox crush. I can’t look it up for you right now because I’m at work & that’s all I need to have flash up on my (very visible) computer screen, but if you search YouTube under the show’s name, you’ll find it. (Most of their kisses in that show are so extreme that I would watch & wonder if he didn’t have to ice his face at the end of the day to prevent swelling due to all the friction!)

He got into such unbelievable shape for that role that I would just watch – agog, mind you – when the “gymnastiques del amour” would begin. The man’s waist is about 6 miles long; that torso just goes on forever & he was shirtless enough throughout the show that we pretty much got to see every nook & cranny. (sigh...) He was so ripped that he was actually more menacing than anything (wearing black eyeliner as well! Too mean!). I’m firmly in the “Juan Reyes” camp, his character from ‘Pasíon de Gavilánes”, so that makes me one more in the army of thousands of “Juanchas” out there in the world!
 

Jean: I also loved the cemetery scene, but couldn’t keep from screaming at the screen when he let her leave without running up & clarifying right then & there who he really was; the big dork! What an absolutely PERFECT opportunity, but as we all know, this IS a telenovela, so why would I expect anything SENSIBLE to happen? Oh dopey me.. ;-)
 

Great comments all! Since I think about this novela all the time, I composed a scene in my mind in the graveyard where Hugo comes out from behind his tree, goes up to Soledad, tells her that he is Hugo, Hugo didn't die, explains how he got rescued from his grave and the reasons that he came, wrongly, to the conclusion that she had betrayed him and now he understands that he was wrong and he begs her forgiveness and she hesitates and he kisses her and she is so overcome to have her Hugo again that she forgives him and they have sex right in the graveyard.

Didn't happen and I knew it wouldn't happen but it is fun to fantasize.

TOTALLY agree on how well Mario portrays Hugo (want to hug him all the time) and Alcides. If they want more flesh, Alcides can run around with his shirt off. I want Hugo all buttoned up and vulnerable.

Concerning El Cuerpo de Deseo, I have seen some video of that. There is a woman who made a sort of music video You Tube of scenes of Mario kissing Danna in PdG and Lorena in ECCDD. I just didn't like that goatee he had in ECCDD. I might get used to it but I'm not sure.

Concerning possible legal trouble for Hugo, I don't know if it is a crime to impersonate someone else. Certainly Los Burque and Dr. Max could be in trouble for grave robbing even though it did save a life. Certainly Hugo could denounce Alcides for trying to kill him and Soledad in the mine but he probably won't.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder