Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fuego 6-12, the Reyes' battle cry, once more with feeling: "I am so confused."

We open with Sofia and Juan, still at the altar please button your shirt when you are in church, Juan, he is reaming her out: "You giver of false promises, you promised to be mine forever, so come across!" With Jesus looking down upon them, Juan sounds like an irate Jewish mother: "I used to bless every moment we spent together, but now I curse the moment I met you because I'll have to live without your love." She leaks tears but he goes on and on until she leaves. Then he whispers "actually, I bless every caress we had..."

Oscar and Jimena try to convince Father Bouffy they're really in love: "I want her to be the mother of my children. Marry us right away!" "Jimena, have you thought about your mother's reaction?" "I'm not as noble as Sofia, I won't sacrifice my love. Get us married pronto!"

It turns out Rosario's dresser Ofelia is also her bouncer. She refuses to let Eva in, even when Eva says "I'm her mother." "She doesn't want to see you, get lost." Armando (formerly known as Moustache) watches.

Furd spends a lot of time in this episode tearing through the office, looking for the papers Bernardo has hidden which will prove Furd's guilt and prevent him from being lord of all he surveys. Gab keeps popping in on him and cheerily asking what he's looking for. "You're always working away, night and day, to make things good for us here at the hacienda." "What a mistake Bernardo made, to dump a beautiful gal like you for a floozie like Libia."

Talking to Bernardo's photo (Furd has removed the incriminating letter hidden in the frame) Gab announces: "Furd is right, you didn't deserve me." The next time Gab pops into the office Furd tells her it's his sacred duty to work so hard, then whispers salaciously: "I love your perfume, it's the scent of an exquisite woman, you need a man to love you as you deserve." He leans in very, very close.

Sofia is at her wimpiest in this episode. She staggers around leaking tears. Juan's not much better - when Oscar and Jimena (showing lots of midriff in church) bounce out of Father Bouffy's office they see Juan collapsed in a miserable puddle, he tells them he can't take any more and would rather die than lose Sofia's love. "It will all work out," that's the sage counsel Oscar provides.

After the commercial, Gramps tells Franco they've gotta talk about Franco and his two women. "Ah, Gramps, I'm so confused, I love them both, how I'd love to merge them into one." Gramps, who in general is the most sensible one in the entire show, delivers a demented monologue. "Women are like violets, they are hard to cultivate, they don't give themselves to just anyone, they are jealous, when they flower their beauty is unique, but if you don't take care of them they wither easily and one suffers from guilt. Do you want to watch two women wither for your sake?" (It's hard to imagine Rosario withering.) "Of course not. But I'm very confused." For some reason Eva is shown to be eavesdropping.

Rosario: "Ofelia, that woman [Eva] makes me queasy. What did she want? Did she have something to say to me?" Ofelia lies and says no.

Eva goes to the bakery and tells Gramps it's odd that he has more freedom here than at home; he says old folks, like children, mostly want affection and he's found it here. She tells him it's frustrating that Rosario won't see her and how will she find out if they are truly mother and daughter?

Furd strips, preparing to ravish Rosario, we get another look at the snake tattoo on his back. He calls her Sofia as he rubs himself over her. He later tells Moustache how Gab will do anything to keep him home, and has even suggested he find another woman to service his needs. "I'll find me a low-maintenance woman, one without baggage, and I won't give up Sofia or the hacienda, I'll have it all."

The Uribe boys are astonished, most unfavorably, to find their auntie Raquel has come home. In simultaneous announcements, Gab tells Sarita and Jimena they will be marrying the Uribe boys in a double wedding as soon as possible and Raquel delivers the same news to Tweedle dum and Tweedle dee. It appears the boys will lose their inheritances if they don't appease the oldsters.

Oscar tells Jimena not to worry, she'll marry him, not a Tweedle.

Sarita, though, is overwhelmed by her mother's barrage: "Sarita, I know you won't rebel, you won't be a putrid apple like your sisters, you're my pride, I'll see you happily married before I die - you know how delicate my health is - my heart is weaker every day - your sisters don't care, but they'll pay! You can get Gramps to come home, I'd beg on my knees but Juan won't let me in the bakery!"

Juan's brothers tell him he was awfully hard on Sofia. Sucking in his gut in a state of high emotion, Juan explains he'll never forget her, he's a man of one woman and will love her all his life. He suggests they go together down to the river, where they originally found their sister's corpse, and renew their vows of vengeance. This makes them all very cheerful.

Sofia leaks more tears and tells Eva she wants to die, she pardons Juan all his reproaches, she just wants to sleep forever. Eva goes to the bakery and reports to Juan: "Sofia wants to die after what you said. She will die of love." Then Eva goes off to the Bad Love Bar and, with terrible timing, accosts Rosaria just as she's about to go onstage and asks for a few minutes of her time. No surprise, Rosario brushes past her and goes on to sing a song about rejection, guilt, borrowed kisses, and lies. Eva is impactada, possibly because of the guilt she feels about Rosario or possibly because of the torch she carried for the married Bernardo.

At the bakery Sarita dutifully begs Gramps to come home, because his daughter Gab misses him so terribly. "Nuts, she just needs my signature on the bills, I signed things blindly when Bernardo was around but not any more. She's smart, using you this way, she'd have been a good Napoleon. Tell her I won't come back and I won't sign anything."

When Father Bouffy comes to the bakery to ask Gramps advice about Jimena and Oscar, Gramps is heartily in favor of their union.

Sarita goes home and reports on her failure to fetch Gramps back to the farm. "Is it true you want him for his bank accounts?" Gab denies it hysterically and makes a grand exit. Furd suggests Sarita tell her sisters they are killing their mother.

Sarita goes out riding on her horse and Franco follows her. Or is the other way around, who is stalking whom? They dismount, he grabs her and affixes his moray mouth to hers and there is bone-crushing suck, suck, suck. However, she appears to like it. Jimena watches from behind a bush. When Sarita runs away Jimena asks Franco: "What is this, do you love her or not?" "Of course I love her, but I love Rosario too, I'm confused." "You have to decide, don't mess with my sister." "I'll figure it out."

After a happy few hours excoriating Sofia and her tricks, Furd says he'll take her some tea. "Any other woman would want you for a husband," breathes Gab. Furd finds some ziplock bag of powder left over from Barrera de Amor and stirs it into Sofia's tea. "You'll be mine tonight." He takes it to her and watches closely as she drinks it. Soon she is sound asleep. I thought it was a date-rape drug but I think instead he's planning some sort of necrophilia abuse because Sofia is dead to the world. Then he leaves.

So joke's on Furd, because Juan comes in the window and talks to the completely passed-out Sofia endlessly about his love and strokes her hand and kisses her. [Some men prefer extremely quiet women, did you see that Almodóvar movie with two men madly in love with two women in comas?]

Suddenly Juan hears a horse whinny and shimmies down the drainpipe to escape. Furd, on the verge of ravishing the comatose Sofia, hears a whinny too and summons the hacienda workforce and their guns. Juan whistles, his horse comes running and he jumps on and escapes a la the Lone Ranger while Furd & Co. fire shots at his backside.

If there was a "tomorrow" I missed it, sorry.

Labels:


Comments:
Y'know, if Furd really cared about Sofia he'd use fresh magic dust instead of old leftover stuff. Lazy cheapskate jerk.

(Thank you for the recap - I need to watch the basketball game tonight so that I can use my Automatic Mind Command powers to control the outcome.)
 

Great recap! I feel like I'm losing brain cells if I watch more than five minutes of this novela, but of course it's great to read the latest.
 

The front & sides of the Hacienda must have whole trails of footprints running up and down -- since everybody uses the windows and balcony french doors to come & go.

I imagine that the Hacienda looks like Grand Central Station for snails who leave their trails all up the sides -- the place is always hopping with somebody climbing in and out.

And I imagine that there are ropes tied up to the balcony posts and hanging off all the sides of the Hacienda, too. Kind of like tether ball ropes.
 

haha Melinama, that was funny about some men liking quiet women in comas.

It Was kind of Unbelievable that Juan didn't think it was weird that Sofia wouldn't wake up the whole time he was leaning all over her and talking.
 

I think Ofelia knows who Rosario's real mom is.

That's why she's so impactada when Eva tells her she's Rosario's mother -- because she's not and Ofelia knows it.

Or else she IS and Ofelia knows it.
 

Thanks Melinama. Your humor is right on tonight. I'm thinking that Juan likes the Sleeping Beauty and Snow White legends. Sofia was definitely in Snow White mode, falling asleep from the evil toad's sleepytime tea and not moving a muscle during Juan's very long soliloquy. It takes talent to remain that motionless with out getting the giggles. Juan really didn't have a clue that she was unconscious the whole time.

I sure hope we don't have to watch Fardnando doing the deed with the comatose Sofia or with the nearly comatose Gabriela. I had trouble watching the tia lover scenes in Amar Sin Limites and he was unthinkably handsome so Fard and a round of suegra love? Please no, no, no.

I was thinking Caprichio was a really smart horse but he sure kicked up a fuss tonight when he wanted Juan to take him back to his stable in the bakery.
 

I am starting to admire the ability of these actors to deliver these somewhat stupid lines. This story has covered about three moths time and Juan can't wait for the poor girl to get an annulment.He has to be offensive and rude . Why ? Because he loves her.

I miss Pasion with it's big boys and girls.
 

Funny recap, Melinama. You missed an exciting promo in that Juan climbs up the ropes AGAIN to Sofia's room but this time Sofia is not comatose and it looks like there is some more sideways lovin'. I know I'll be tuning in tomorrow.

Suggestion to Sofia: lock your door so Feo won't be spying on you, drugging you and hitting on you.
 

I hope there will be a flashing WARNING sign on the screen before a scene of Feo/Gabriela making whoopee or even a kiss. I don't think my tummy can take it. There faces were a little too close tonight.
 

Forget about the Reyes. I am so confused too. For example, why are the background sounds (birds) and the music so loud and playing at the same time the dialogue is being spoken? But I am still watching and enjoying this confusing novela.
 

Yep, Anon 2:18, looks like tomorrow there's gonna be a whole lot more going on in Sofi's bed with Juan and NO coma (unless we were dream-bubbling). Hm.

So THAT's what's wrong with that ass Furd. With the hundreds of willing and able women walking the streets of that town who'd probably be his lover in a heartbeat, he's only happy getting rough with either Sofi or Rosie, the ONLY TWO WHO ABHOR HIM. The fool can't get it up unless he's raping somebody. (Crabby had to SUGGEST that he go get himself a lover? Dhuh? What man doesn't think of that himself? Oh yeah--a man whose equipment is on the blink.)

The faces-too-close business with Crabby and Furd was just... I wanted to blow chunks immediately. If this goes where I think it will and those two end up kissing or hitting the sheets, I won't be able to handle that. I will regurgitate a major organ, I'm telling ya now.

Hey, weren't we subjected to some take-her-while-she's-comatose back during DUELO, but with no successful salute?? Arghhhh.

Melinama, thank you for your hard work.

One reason I came onboard Caray was, like other folks, to improve my terrible Spanish. The other was to learn about cultures different from my own, their clothing, buildings, foods, celebrations, and daily habits. Their mindsets. With these telenovela writers, that's hard to do sometimes, because they put such ridiculous things in scenes. Would a backwards town out in the dense Mexican wilderness really not have phone service? Do they really pray to the dead instead to gods? If stuff like that is possible, probable, or true, I want to know.

I really appreciate when commenters and recappers look up and share things like that. Like when everyone was all aflutter over "why the hell are they wearing those huge sombreros?", and someone found that awesome information about how in some places a sombrero style tells where a person is from, and is very important. (That's when I quit snarking about the big hats.)

Another question I have is about Mexican cultures leaving gifts of food on a loved one's grave--is it done initially, or continuously, or is that something the writers stupidly made up? I visited my baby brother's grave the other day (he died a month ago, our birthdays were both this week, and for years we've always celebrated them together), so granted I wasn't in my right mind, but it comforted me to eat some of our cake there and leave a little piece a la Reyes, for a little fun. (NO glowing Lily of the Valley, I swear.) But now I'm wondering if it was a dumb writer thing they made up for drama or if is an actual practice in some areas (the please don't try to feed your dead loved ones because of indigestion thing kind of stung, even though I know it wasn't directed at me).

Jeri and several other people are good at attacking such topics and linking for the rest of us, in case we can't find the info ourselves. And I say keep up the great work, friends. That's just another reason CarayCaray! blog is a cool place to be and like no other. Bravo.
 

Very good, nice coverage of the storyline that is endlessly repeated and repeated.

Ye ole' cemetary in Guererro, never has food sitting on the tombs, or presents or eternal JFK flames, or mysterious glowing flowers. There are lots of those candles like you see in Mexican stores, burned out not still going.
Sun bleached artifical flowers, flowers if the grave is surrounded by a fence, cause otherwise the goats and cows eat them. The graves now are like big cement things that are above the ground with a name and various Catholic themes, or not if you happen to be a Jehovahs Witness. They bury people on top of each other, like my Mother-in-law & her Mother, not cause there isn't enough room, but cause they want to be buried together. Before the graves just had little wooden crosses, but now they are all granite.

Now then I was there for the year anniversary of her death, and you pray and recite the rosary for a series of days, I can't remember like 10 or 13, now it was at the house and they had her picture and candles and lots of flowers and fruit. Yep, they had fruit, nobody ate it but they just left it there. Being the buffet Catholic that I am, I thought it was kinda of odd. Maybe it is a cross between Indian beliefs and Catholic. Anyway everyone in town came and on the last night they have a huge dinner and the next afternoon everyone attends a service (there isn't a priest within 30 miles) but a lady recites everything. Then they walk to the grave. I missed that part as I had food poisoning. Which wasn't that bad as the temp was 115 in March, so I was in and out for like 24 hours.

My husband says if you are buried in Mexico City you have to pay rent on the gravesite or they will bury someone on top of you. Lack of space.
 

Now after my Nat'l Geographic rant about burial sites in Mexico, I gotta comment about Juan.

Okay there can only be three choices here.

1)Juan was a virgen, before Sofie
2)Juan has had prior experience with women playing dead when he enter the bedroom
3)Due to the caustic abnormal radiation in the area, Juan is unaware of normal behavior.

I'm going with 1 or 2.

Also like Damien's wife in Mundo, why do women like Rosario get raped daily for years and each time cry and say no no. What is it that they aren't getting, the tears don't work, and he ain't gonna stop.
 

Loved the Sofia "leaking tears" comment and the Juan "sucking in his gut with emotion" or however you put it...too funny!

This team could definitely do a wonderful "La Parodia" spoof of Fuego.
 

Thanks for the recap melinama. Add me to the I'm-going-to-barf list if Fer & Gabi have an affair. Eeew!

I think leaving food by a grave is an very old tradition. Remember the pyramids? Those guys were given a send-off with food, jewels, etc. for their next life. I think it meets a need in our psyche. We can laugh but I do think it is sweet. It shows we care even after the person is gone.

Maybe Ofelia is Rosario's mother?

I had the same Sleeping Beauty/Snow White thoughts while watching that scene last night and wondered --- 'HOW did she keep from cracking up?'

What was up with Gabi's jacket last night? Those sleeves looked like they were ripped off another jacket at the GoodWill store and sewn on to this one. I was very distracted by the whole visual effect. All I could think was this is the result of the nuclear waste thing.

I hope Juan never gets rid of his horse. It has X-ray vision and was able to warn Juan that it was time to exit Sofi's room. Whew! Dodged that bullet again. Those girls' bedrooms need a turnstile at the windows.

doris
 

Thanks for all that interesting info beckster. Maybe someone knows--why is Sofia's hair getting a brighter red with each episode? Also, her lips are getting a more shocking bright pink color...
jb
 

In Oaxaca families visit graves of loved ones during Day of the Dead time--Nov 2 is the day, but there are other days beforehand for different categories of dead people -- e.g., children, people who died in accidents, etc.

The families decorate the graves and bring lots of food for the dead ones to eat. They bring all the favorite foods of the dead relatives. They play music, and sit and talk with them.

In the home an altar is made so the dead relations may come home to visit and find food and drink after their journey.

Sand paintings are made, there are comparsas (a kind of morality play) that take place in the night (all night long), dancing, much action!
Here's a short clip -- you can practice your Spanish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYia5Z1kZU&feature=related
 

Doris -- your comment about Juan's horse is exactly what I thought about that scene:
("hope Juan never gets rid of his horse. It has X-ray vision and was able to warn Juan that it was time to exit Sofi's room")

We all clearly heard Caprichio telling Juan to hurry up -- Fernando lurking in garden you need to split now! whinneeee neigh whineeee
 

Here's another reason Juan needs to keep Caprichio around: What if Timmy fell into the well? Who would run and tell somebody?
 

Thanks for that youtube clip...I'd heard the "el muerto al pozo y el vivo al gozo" but that video really brought it home!

Very interesting and the Spanish was so clearly pronounced it was easy to understand.
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRq82c8Baw



The One Semester Of Spanish-Love Song
 

Great recap as usual, Melinama. Still haven't watched a second of the show.
Speaking of You Tube videos, forgive me if someone has already posted this but I don't always read all the comments. This video parody of Spanish soap operas for people who only had one year of Spanish is hysterical:
Qué hora es?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WckCw_-7e3M
 

Did they have a fire sale on those sombreros that every man had on at the bar? They were all the same.

Paulah, that was funny, "What if Timmy fell in the well".
 

OMG - I loved both the parody videos on YouTube! Thanks for the links, Jean and anon. The song was a hoot and I had to LOL over the "Cinnamon Twists". How did that girl keep from cracking up?!

doris
 

Did you notice that not one sombrero flew off during the fight scene? How do they keep those things on anyway? Inquiring minds want to know.
 

Connie, I figure they must hold those short chinstraps between their teeth. :)
 

I noticed that Jimena said she was not as "noble" as Sofia. In every telenovela, the hero or heroine is always described as "noble", a word I've never actually used in real life to describe anyone, but like "te amo", gets used alot in telenovelas.
I'm also thinking of keeping a running count of "para siempre"s.
 

Ah, that explains it! Maybe they should hook it under the nose. It would probably work better than the bottom lip!
 

maybe they hook it under the nose during a fight!?
 

Thank you for the recap, Melinama. :-)

butter biscuit queen, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. As others have also mentioned, back home in Tucson they say the Day of the Dead is celebrated by actual picnicking in the cemetery. (I have not had occasion to do that personally.)

The family goes and has a good time, sharing a meal with the dearly departed relatives. It's not considered macabre; in fact, skull- and skeleton-shaped candies are a big seller at the holiday, which is around Halloween.

I hope visiting with your brother made you feel better; that's the point. :-) Again as someone else mentioned, making a little devotional altar helps some, too.

I'm going to try HTML to a photo in one of my albums, but I don't know if it will work.

altar

If you would like to see some colorful coverage of All Souls Week from the Arizona Daily Star (Tucson), click the link at my name.

In other news, for a ratings update, Fuego continues with all five weekly episodes in the Top 10 Hispanic Survey at Nielsen, and with an average 4+ million viewers per episode.

It is looking likely there is indeed going to be some hanky panky among the villains -- which is common in novelas, in my experience.
 

In the Jewish religion, after a burial, it was not uncommon for people to eat something sweet at the grave, followed by wine or whisky. That probably has changed, but I remember that from my grandparents' time.

Does anyone know when PALABRA DE MUJER is on in the afternoon? Am recuperating from knee surgery and have some extra time. Thanks.

Melinama, your recap captured the goofy/funny tone of this ridiculous show. Will it end up that Sofia is Eva's daughter? Although the actresses playing Eva and Rosario do look as though they could be mother and daughter?
NJ Sue
 

Not necessarily during a fight. Just in general. I see the roosters were out again last night. Does Abuelo have one? Did I see Franco actually working in the bakery? We had a tornado warning so I was flipping channels.
 

I don't know if Abuelo has a rooster shirt, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a rooster costume. :)
 

I have another costume idea, how about cupid?
 

Excellent and funny recap, Melinama. Great comments, too. It seems to me that we're seeing some good acting here. Not because the story is reality-based, but because the cast can take all this loco nonsense and act as if it's all sensible and normal. They're dwelling in this alternate universe and inviting us to come on in and enjoy.
La Paloma
 

Excelent recap! LOL at your dead-on description of Franco's moray mouth. I knew it reminded me of something. Unfortunately, as a scuba diver, I will never be able to look at another moray without thinking of Franco's suck-face attack on Sarita. And pobrecita had to pretend she enjoyed that. Now that's acting!
 

I'm still laughing because Juan went on and on talking to Sofia. I guess he thought she was just a sound sleeper.
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. Ever since someone (I forgot who) from the Duelo days labeled likened Franco's kissing to a lamprey I have not been able to watch him kiss without snickering. I agree with Anon 3:29 that Sarita is acting really well as it does appear she enjoys his kisses.

I'm with all of you who think seeing Furd and Gabi make out it too much.
 

Melinama ,thank you for the funny recap. And may I just take a moment to say how much I appreciate all the recappers whose time and effort allows me to understand things that I would otherwise miss..not to mention the smiles they give me every day. I continue to be very grateful to all the dedicated recappers and all the commentors who I've come to know here. This site is a nice respite after a day of real life . Stephe, please know that I am keeping you and your brother in my thoughts..so sorry for your loss . I'm glad that you are joining us here to take a break and maybe smile a little. Julie~~You always crack me up, and I am always amazed at your analytical mind. You are very insightful. Jeri~~~thanks for sharing the photo of the home altar. Beckster~~~You always give us interesting information about Mexico..and plenty of laughs. I am looking forward to Juan crawling into Sleeping Beauty's bed tonight. Wow...Juan is really taking chances putting the moves on right there in the hacienda. Let the games begin. I can't imagine Crabi and Ferd locked in an embrace. Crabi seems pretty asexual to me.
 

P.S. About the rooster theme, I noticed the other day that the baseball cap that someone brought back from France for hub has a rooster on it. But he doesn't have a rooster shirt. I think that the rooster is a symbol of France. I might wear it tonight when I watch the show. Roosters rule.
 

I've enjoyed and laughed at the great comments and jokes today. I am also from Tucson and it is not uncommon to see items on graves like toys on childrens gaves and hand written notes, pinwheels and
candy or food. I think this is in all of the southwest. Also, the lack of phones in the telenovela is interesting -- since EVERYONE in Mexico seems to have a cell phone!
 

Out of morbid curiosity about the Furd/Gabi scene, I may have to check out last night's episode before I watch tonight's. I just cannot picture it.

Don't worry; I'll have a stiff drink ready for afterwards.
 

Concerning Friday's ep, I'm feeling pretty sure Ofelia is Rosario's mom, after Rosario declaring to her that she has no idea what it's like to be a mother. The look on Ofelia's face was just pitiful.

If so, then it will be interesting to see who Ofelia is and why Rosario is important enough to figure in this story.
 

Well, that clenches it. The two horses are the real intelligence in this novela and deserve their own spin-off. The Brothers Ed, with Frances the Talking Mule as sidekick. *whinneeee neighhhhh* *ee-ore*

LOL @ Lola! fire sale on those sombreros. :)

Wow, thanks everyone for all that info! Amazing stuff, the different things people do... NOT that I'm going to make it a permanent part of my repetoire, mind you, but it was interesting to do it that once and strangely comforting (without FUEGO's glowing lilies and bloodying my hands twisting briars together and such.) I remember during a Korean drama last year, Thanksgiving was a day to make a large shrine in one's home, complete with decorations and a hot, full course meal, dress in your finest, and introduce all the new family members that year (babies and children) to the dead ancestors while standing before the shrine. Seemed very powerful.

Poor, poor Juan. Not only is he suffering from nuclear woes, but he was also the one who saw his folks shot a few feet from him. I think he was even looking into his mom's eyes when she got it. Yeah, I'd have multiple personalities too.

Hey, Anon 1:57, my guide says PALABRA comes on weekdays at 3PM. Take care of that knee and get to feeling better.

Gramps sure has been working hard at getting people together, hasn't he, Connie? Giving it his very best shot. Cupid it is.

Lawdy, that would be something if Ofelia is Rosie's mom and Eva is SOFIA's. Ooooo-weeeee...

You all make my day. Have a cool weekend.
 

Anon 1:57... sorry, I didn't mention I'm in Georgia (Eastern Standard Time).
 

Feo's story is that his family once had money, and then lost it all.

This sounds suspiciously like the Robles-Reyes brothers' story.

I remember Grandpa discussing this with Feo; I remember it almost sounded as though he was taunting him. What I don't remember: did Grandpa say he remembered this happening, or did he say he remembered Feo telling them about it?

Because I wonder if Feo's family ever had money. It seems more likely that Feo's just a con man.
 

Thanks stephe for the info on Palabra. Im in NJ --also in the Eastern zone. NJ SUE
 

I think that in the original story set in 1949, the abuelo did fight with the rebels or at least shine their boots.Now his reminiscing makes him sounds nuts or over 100 yrs old.
 

Hi,Julie -- yes, I remember some time waaaay in the beginning that the story was that Fernando's father had something to do with Bernardo and that's how Fernando came to live at the Hacienda when he was young. I don't remember what chapter that was in, though, so can't find it again on esmas website.
Anyway, Fernando's proximity and the fact that they already knew him was the reason that Gabriela married Sofia off to him after her initial tragedia of rape.
 

to Julie again, sorry left out part -- there was something about Fernando's family losing their money, and that was how Fernando became so ingratiatingly icky close to los Elizondo. I think that might have been part of the original Bernardo speeches before or at the time he was killed.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder