Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Guapos 08-12-08 "Are you warm, are you real, mona lisa? Or just a cold and lonely lovely work of art?"

First let me say...a rousing Salute to "Hugo & Karla", you put a smile on my face.


Well it’s party time at the ole, hacienda…good times, good times.
Blonde sister, lets Lina have it with the you’re pullin the oldest trick in the book, “Servant gets pregnant”.
--I can’t really argue with that, but needless to say, Pay the servants more dinero and maybe they could afford birthcontrol.---Nah, I don’t really believe that either.

Thankfully, Bobby comes in and scoops up Lina, telling Al “Happy New Baby Day” & Lina and I are getting married and we are having a kid too. Oh Snap, Blondie looks sad, Lina looks happy.

Somehow, Blondie makes her way back over to Bobby, he inquires about Matt the Ratt. Blondie says, “You didn’t know?’, he has been implicated in the murder of my father. She swoops in for the big obligatory hug. Lina, Mili, & Gloria stare while Al looks a bit nervous on the steps. Al tells Bobby to come upstairs and see the new kid. Blondie says tell Sis, I am going home, I will call later. When the boyz leave, she walks past Lina with a “Now who is Snappin Sista”.


Mili walks up to Hugo, ackward..
She once again says she is sorry.
--Now I must insert here, is she referring to her “Mi Culpa” cause “I banged your cousin like a snare drum in a Shriner’s Parade” or cause of that hair? Que the Hell is up with that hair, even my husband asked what was wrong with her hair. I dunno, but it has been pretty bad since “Beach Blanket Bingo”. Maybe it is a wig?
Anyway Hugo is in no mood for a party, he prefers to go upstairs and paint, “Oh and by the by, I will never divorce you”.
Mili displays serious angst, but it may be that she caught a reflection of that God Awful Hair.


Meanwhile over in La Carcel Centro, Gramps Lawyer has gone to see his grandson. He tells Matt that he will get him the best lawyer, but Matt must pay for his criminal deeds. Matt’s little pinched face looks even more pinched than usual.
--I can totally see Matt wearing the “Miss Congeniality” crown in prison, yes prison is not going to be kind to our 135lb dripping wet boy--

Andrea and Consti arrive back at the homestead. Andrea is like a freaking Lego, she is totally interchangeable with any male, she doesn’t miss a beat.

Al & Bobby go up to the bedroom of despair. Flor tells Al to go run a bath for the kid. She uses the time to ask, Bobby not to tell Al that Flor’s ex showed up at Blondie’s. Bobby will keep it quiet.

Andrea is preening around the bedroom, Karla is with her and lamenting her bad fortune. She so had dreams of being the President’s wife. “Well take heart, now you can be the President’s servant,” Andrea answers. Andrea is like, run along little girl, no help from me.

Downstairs Andrea and Consti are discussing poor drunk Luci, the doorbell rings.
--Damn you TelVista, I was hoping it was it was Luci, dressed as a Nun collecting Wine for the Church, but alas it is Nestor. Say this is turning into quite the party.

Over at the Hotel, Luci is passed out with a bottle. A knock at the door. The Hotel Manager is demanding she open the door. Luci is all slurry and looking much the worse for wear. She finally answers the door. The manager is disgusted by the trash and empty bottles. Luci says the Hotel Staff are crappy cleaners. Hotel Guy says, you only open the door for more mini-bottles. He tells Luci he wants her out. He will meet her downstairs to settle her bill. This sobers princess right up. She has no money. Somewhere in the alcohol soaked recesses of her long term memory, she must haul up an old Audrey Hepburn character. She pulls a dress up on her head, fashions it into a wrap, pulls out a big necklace and sunglasses. She will sneak out.

Bobby and Al are talking about their start up construction business, the boyz need capital. Alas, being rich and decadent..they have apparently not saved a centavo. Bobby pressures Al to talk to Daddy NestorBucks. Al doesn’t want too. Al must make a stand and do this for himself. As if, you still live with your parents, when they aren’t in jail or an rehab. Rocky comes in to tell Al that Nestor has arrived. The boyz continue their discussion about trying to raise capital. Rocky says he has some money. Al & Bobby scoff at this. Rocky takes the notepad and pen, says out loud; this much from the TacoNaco and this for being a chauffeur, he hands it back to the skeptics, who suck in their breathes. Welcome to the business brother-in-law.
---Hey kids this is a PSA for hard work, slow and steady. Rather than spending all your money on fast cars and faster women.---Still it won’t be enough. The boyz say Rocky is now one of them. Guey all round.

Blondie stops in the jail to see Matt. She spits in his face. She rants on about how he used her, it was a set up from the beginning, all he wanted was her money. Damn, Matt snarls back, yes and women like her are so easy for ambitious men like him. She was so easy. Blondie hopes he rots in jail.
--Blondie, go over to the prison in like a month and see who stands up when you call out Bitch--

Downstairs, Consti is telling Nestor, that beings that Luci is drying out, he really has no reason to stay. Nestor says, oh but I am here to see my grandkid.

Upstairs, Karla slips into Hugo’s room with two glasses of beer. He is like what do you want. Oh I just brought you a beer. She says you promised to paint me. He says you are so predictable, my father is done with you so here you come. Get out. Karla slips around behind him and says she hates to see him suffer. She is kissing on his neck. She says there is no reason they can’t spend time together. I guess, they can rub neosporin on each other’s broken hearts. Hugo tries to put up a very brief fight, just so he won’t look like a slut. They are soon intertwined and moving to the settee, I say good for them. It’s like I always say, another bus comes along.

Downstairs, Consti is making a fake happy speech over the Wedding of Val and Rocky or Morgan. Rocky is a bit of a Tool and calls Consti “Guey”. As if, I mean Rocky isn’t that educated, but he has been around the rich and famous long enough to know better. Consti, painfully plays it off.
Mili congratulates Consti on his nice speech, and Al’s baby and so on. He asks if she is happy and what she wants. She wants her father. Well, Consti gets all teary eyed at that, but then catches a glimpse of that hair, he just can’t get the words out. Poor Mili is comforted by Uncle Brau.

Luci is wandering down the dark streets of Mexico City with her little suitcase on wheels. She is accosted by three young ruffians, who push her around, steal her headgear, and lovely necklace and then to add insult to injury, they steal her suitcase. They run off and she runs after them screaming, “Give me back my bottles.” Priorities…

Over at the Macarena bar, Macarena stands lamenting…I believe she is enamoured with Damien, who is no where to be seen.

Now let’s stroll over to St. Deceptions, Chunky Nun is looking at a set of pictures of guess what? No I can’t put anything over on you people, that’s right, twins.
--I said out loud, yeah she is a twin & my husband said “I thought they were the same person.” I answered, “They are in real life.” And he started laughing maniacally, I never know what is gonna set him off during these dramas.—

Anyway, Mother Superior comes in and chastises Chunky for worry Padre Manuel about Mother Superior’s health. She says she is fine. She then looks over and see the shrine to the past that Chunky has built. She tells Chunky, to leave the past in the past. Maybe they got sick as kids and Chunky needed a Morals transplant and Macarena donated hers. That would explain everything, or maybe Macarena is really Chunky hiding out in St. Deception’s and maybe Chunky is really Macarena or maybe my husband is right and they are one person, but twins in real life.

Flor has left the bedroom of despair and is showing the kid to Nestor. He is making over the kid and Al and Flor stand there looking like they just got life in prison…no chance of parole. Nestor leaves and I don’t think they got a chance to tap the well for dinero.
Upstairs Karla is asleep, just like a pit-bull puppy; she looks so sweet while sleeping. Hugo is playing with her hair, then he kisses her neck a couple of times and I think..okay round two. I am so jaded, instead Hugo gets up (he is wearing boxers, Hugo actually looks quite fine…and thank you for wearing boxers..I heart you) Anyway, Hugo takes down the half ass drawing he was working on and starts painting.

Bobby leaves and Flor follows him out. Al is left holding the baby and Mili stares at him.
Flor outside tells Bobby, thanks for not ratting me out. Bobby tells Flor to meet him at Blondie’s tomorrow.
Meanwhile right out in the open..Mili and Al edge closer together, of course they do…No one practices caution in this house, except I must say Kudos to Karla, she locked the door when she came in Hugo’s room. Mili says, “Te Amo”, Al answers me too. They lean in for the beso, but Mili pulls back. I must go up to bed. They say their time at the beach was the happiest of their lives. Al says if you can’t sleep, think of me, I will be thinking of you.
Seriously he said that…
Mili forgetting she has already let the cow out of the barn, runs up the steps like a scared maiden.

Flor comes in and just looks kinda lost.

Cock-a-doodle-do…Morning has broken.

We see the sight of a dirty white pants suit, why it is Luci, she has slept on the street. She gets up, she is so thirsty, there are three alcoholics boozing in up in front of a graffiti covered wall. This doesn’t necessary mean it is a bad area as most of Mexico City is covered with graffiti, however the three dirty, crazy ass drunks are kind of a tip off. Luci goes up and starts talking to drunk lady, she starts asking directions. Crazy lady is talking nonsense and waving a bottle around. Luci snatches the bottle and runs off. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. She is standing around a corner swilling down, some nasty looking stuff, my vote is for pulque, cheap, sweet, brewed at home and a favorite amongst the alcoholic street set. I know it was a bottle with a label, but probably a refill. Well, I just hope there is enough alcohol in it to kill, the various parasites, viruses and bacteria that the alcoholic woman no doubt has festering in her.
---Note to Nestor---Hold off any deep kissing for a while

Anyhow drunk lady catches her, a fight breaks out and to the dismay of both mighty amazons the bottle is smashed. Luci wanders off and drunk lady cries.

Karla wakes up and Hugo Van Gogh is still painting. Karla says she is cold, come give me a hug. Hugo doesn’t stop painting. Karla says let me see it. Hugo just gives her the “Stand back signal”.

---I find myself praying to the entire Holy Family, St. Deception, and all 365 of the calendar saints. Please don’t let Hugo have pained Mili’s head on Karla’s body.

Hugo is finished and Karla steps around to see it, her face lights up. It is her..it is beautiful and the best thing I ever saw Hugo paint.
Hugo has his MOJO back. Call me crazy, but I love these two crazy (really kind of psychotic) kids together. The people no one else wanted. Karla is so thrilled… they kiss.

Consti is sitting in his office with his PI, he sees pictures of the beach and he spots Ramses. PI says Ramses was very jealous of Val and Rocky, Consti wants him to track Ramses down.

Al comes in and PI leaves. Consti lies and tells Al that he is still trying to track Mili’s Pa down. Al just gives him a tired smile. Consti says Al will be his right hand man. Al says Nope, I am quitting…

Bobby shows up at Blondie’s. She doesn’t want him to encourage Flor to see her ex. Flor comes in. A knock at the door. Surprise Surprise Surprise..it is ex husband.

To be continued….

Mili spots the picture of Karla and demands to know how that happened.
I say give it a rest Princess.

Consti is still a self serving RatBastard…

Labels:


Comments:
Okay I can not figure out how to tag this...I can't remember the password for my old delicious login and I think I had a different email address. I set up a new account, but I can't use the tags.

I'm am not feeling the deliciousness of delicious
 

I tagged it for you Beckster.

Loved "banged him like a snare drum . . ." etc.
 

beckster - great recap, Thanks!

Mili's hair --- In telenovelaland, when a protagonista (or in Crabi's case, a villana in FELS) reaches a new etapa in her story, her hair changes more often than not, and always in the Limavelas that Looneyvision no longer gives us.

I only caught the last scene where Mili came in and saw Hugo's pic of Karla, going WT*? (as if! but I digress....) and she was wearing yet another anti-fashion hat.

doris
 

Not only Mili's hair --but what's with her clothes lately? Before she went on her "honeymoon," they were so tashy in styole and garish colors, especially those caps. The new beach clothes Hug bought her were lovely. At the party, she looked more grown up in a stylish green jacket --but the skirt was so short I thought she was wearing shorts. But Doris's comment about her being in a new etapa does explain all the recent changes in her style.

Also sometimes Mili and Flo look alike now that Florinda has long hair.
 

Well, Mili still has no nose stud.
 

I think Mili was wearing shorts last night.

Also, Sor Cach has the ashes of both parents in her room. Not so subtle of foreshadowing. Mother Nun was encouraging her to move them to a more suitable place after she scolded her for messing with her business. It seems mother nun is going through the change.

Karla and Hugo, not too much of a shock. Maybe Connie will bring Rames back and with him will be Neferti.

Loved Luci's fall from grace. And the graffiti on the wall said, Al diablo con....

Jewels
 

Absolutely hilarious, Beckster. Miss Congeniality … Love it!

I was just going to comment on the graffiti, but I see you spotted it too, Jewels. I love these little sight gags they throw in for us.
 

I caught the graffiti as well. Well Luci has hit bottom, imagine miss hoity toity, can't stand the servants , trashing her hotel room, sneaking out without paying the bill and finally stealing another drunks cheap hootch. Retribution is sweet I must say. I also can't help wondering why neither of her children seem to have made an effort to visit her at the manicomio or rehab center.

It occurs to me that all the Arango's are bottom feeders. Damian is on his way out as a party chairperson and I can not wait to see more scenes of him with Macarena.

Hugo is on the top of my s*** list having replaced the pathetic MP's. He knew Mili didn't love him and somehow figured that in a couple of months she'd be over Al and on to him. Give me a break. His treatment of her now is beyond the pale. She had one night with Al while Hugo was banging a tramp who picked him up in the pool and he now acts like he is totally wounded. But, not enough to keep away from his father's cast off. Actually Karla and Hugo deserve each other. Both of them are manipulative liars, sneaks who spend way too much time listening at keyholes and spying on everyone and they are both vindictive. A match made in heaven!

In reality I'm amazed that there aren't cases of STD's floating around with the number of people Hugo, Karla, Damian, and Andrea have slept with.

Mili's clothes and hair - its about time she started to look a little more adult. I also think the exaggerated hair might be setting us up for her remarkable resemblance to Maribel Guardia.

I'm still uneasy with Bobby hanging around with MP2. He is a nice guy and she is manipulative and nasty. I keep remember her saying he was good husband material because he was easy to fool.

One of the things I love about novelas is how illogical they are. Karla spends most of her time listening at doors and sneaking around but is clueless about who Mili is. Connie is still trying to manage things and keeping up the fiction he is looking for Mili's father without knowing that Mili and Al know the truth. Poor Val is in the dark about Mili as are most of the servants and I thought it sad that Mili covered up when Lina blurted the truth out in front of Socorro who has always treated her like a second - make that third daughter. . With about 25 episodes to go you'd think the truth would begin to seep out somewhere considering how many people know the truth.
 

I love Karla and Hugo together; they are well-matched. Both willing to take anyone's leftovers. Why did he tell Mili he won't give her a divorce? Does she need his permission? She can totally get an annulment without his having to agree to it, right?

Al and Bobby were totally cute swooning over the baby. They're both going to be great dads. Then there was Flor, ruining everything with her glowering witchiness. I don't care what the doctor in the boonies said, she is not okay. Sure got her figure back right quick, though.

Mili should totally tell Val that they are sisters. Then Val could go to work torturing Connie too.
 

I bow to your greatness Beckster ;) Thanks for another hilarious re-cap. I especially liked the comparison of Andrea to a Lego.

From Monday's epi - I also thought it was out of character for Robledo to agree with finding a fake JP for Val's wedding. In Mexico, church marriages don't count in the eyes of the law, but they do in the eyes of the press, and you know they'll be there with Val being a rich heiress and up and coming model who's marrying a chauffeur. Maybe Al & Bobby will go to Robledo for legal advice on the new co (or maybe a loan) and manage to let him know tha Val and Rocky really are in luuuuv.

During her scene with the bouncer, Macarena said that she wasn't all that into Damian, but he was her first clue of how to track down her sis, who has something of hers, but doesn't know it... My money's on the loot being hidden in the parent's ashes.

I managed to tape this epi, so here's what the crazy drunk lady said to Luci when she was looking for Luis Mijan St: that's the park of "look here," that's the avenue of "get out if you can," and that other one is the "now you suck it up!"

Doris - Call me crazy, but I actually like the Fedora on Mili. It actually made her bangs look like they had a purpose.

Julie - I think you need both to agree for an annulment, and only one with a really good reason (infidelity, physical abuse, etc)for a divorce. Alas, Mili can't really use the painting as evidence of Hugo's infidelity, and her infidelity would only be an issue if he was the one doing the filing. It was so mean of him to say he wouldn't grant her a divorce 'cause he didn't feel like it.

Julia - I think the reason Mili's not telling people about Connie is that she feels it's her cross to bear. Off course, she doesn't realize how much fun everyone else would have helping her get even. And nothing brings sisters closer together than pulling one over the 'rents.
 

I still feel bad for Hugo, I mean he totally offered to let Mili go, she begged him not to. She promised him she would try, and she squirmed all over him at the beach. Now, then it sucks to be Hugo, Al has always been first..Come on he banged Hugo's dead girlfriend, cause he just couldn't say no...even Bobby couldn't believe that one.

Maybe Hugo and Karla both settle for being used, after all why would they expect anything different?
 

I love those little parties where they're dancing in the foyer. The girls look properly 21 when they're boogying instead of worrying about marital problems. Also I love to watch Braulio dance. Also to watch Mari and Flor sit there bored. Do those women realize how totally NOT FUN they are? Do they have any idea why any man would choose another woman over them?

The song that was playing was pretty funny--it was in English and something about choosing between two girls or something. Someone who is more informed on what the kids are listening to nowadays could probably say what it was.
 

Hugo may think he has the upper hand about not giving Mili a divorce proving again how petty and vindictive he is, but he is an Arango and discrete they aren't. My guess is that Hugo is going to get caught with Karla and Mili will be off to the divorce courts. On the other hand he, Karla, Damian and Andrea could all be killed off and save the court costs.
 

I would be sad if Karla were killed off, if only because Socorro would be devastated. I think Hugo can live too, because he was looking awfully hawt skanking around with Karla last night. That is indeed his optimal setting; mooning after Mili is not nearly so flattering for him so he should give that up. Damian and Andrea can totally bite the dust.
 

Hi, I had posted before about using how I saw you use the a-word in these recaps, and I see you are still doing it. So I guess my post did not do any good. It just drives me nuts when women, especially, casually use the a-word. Do you realize the impression you are giving off? I suppose you will be offended by this; I once spoke up on a lowcarb board about women there using the word "kick*ss" and they chewed me out. I'm just trying to point out that casually using language like this sounds so crude. PLEASE take this the right way. I am trying to be nice and tactful, but again, I suppose you will be mad and offended. Btw, I don't watch Guapos, I only watch Pasion de Gavilanes, and I was just skimming down to get to THAT post, and the a-word in your recap caught my eye. That's how I saw it. Again, it just makes women sound so crude and unladylike when they use this word (and other offensive language as well). I suppose to many women, the a-word isn't even crude, but to me and many others it is. I hope you take this to heart and don't get mad and offended. (Then I will REALLY be upset.)

Thanks,
Cindy
 

Great recap! Beckster. You have a way with words. I enjoying reading your recaps.

My only comment for last night is "Why does Hugo not grant Mili a divorce like she is asking for now?

Remember a week or so ago, I predicted that Hugo would let Mili have a divorce and let her go, but now he is not. I am just wondering why? Is it because his egos is hurt? I question his sanity about Mili and how it might relate to his first fiance'. The link might be between Mili and the dead fiance' who betrayed Hugo first.

If Mili didn't look at all like the first fiance' of Hugo, would Hugo still pining for Mili I wonder? I am just wondering if it is real love that Hugo feel or not.

I did enjoy all the comments that you guys stated about reasoning behinds Hugo's refusal of granting Mili a divorce.

Until today, happy watching tonight! Wonder where Luciana will end up tonight?

Genevieve
 

ninak...thanks for the tag, it refuses to cooperate with me.

Cindy,
Thanks for the input, this forced me to go back and re-read my post.
Yes, indeed I did use the word Ass twice, along with two modifiers, crazy and half.
I believe Ass is only considered to be vulgar if it is used in the sense of wanting some, getting some or commenting on one, when that one would be referring to a body part.
Now the other sense is a stand-in here is a definition: a stupid, obstinate, or perverse person (made an ass of himself) —often compounded with a preceding adjective (don't be a smart-ass) ,

The term half ass-
"We've all heard the phrase that something was done "half-ass," but few people stop to wonder what such a ridiculous expression could possibly mean. The term "half-ass" evolved from "half-adz." An adz is an axelike tool with a curved blade used for shaping wood. If you were wealthy and paid top-dollar for a new fireplace, the mantle would be shaped using an adz in the front as well as the back side, which isn't visible. However, if you weren't wealthy and wanted to save money, you could have only the front visible portion of the mantle shaped, this cheaper job being a "half-adz" job."

So I will try to refrain from writing about anyone trying to get some, chasing some, or nailing some (of said word), though it does seem that most of the storylines seem to deal with just that very action.

I can't promise I won't slip and use the word again when referring to a stupid or narrow-minded person, so you may want to do a word search on the title you are looking for so not to be offended.
 

CindyBin, blog mom here. Get off your high horse, if it isn't obvious to you that we run a casual ship here, it should be. I don't want a single word of complaint about my recappers or what they write. Next time you do this I will delete your post - this time I'm leaving it up for comic value.
 

i was wondering what the song thats playing in the beginning of the celebration for val and morgans engagement is called

i tried looking but i just cant find it

it would mean a lot if someone could tell me
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder